Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source: Tim Tebow to start
You know whats sad? Is the emphasis on speed and strength only these "experts" place on these players. In the opinions of experts, Jerry Rice would be a backup because he ran a 4.6. Joe Montana didnt have a strong arm. Rocky Bleier had one and a half feet (had half of his foot blown off in Vietnam). Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers ( Sad ). Emmitt Smith was considered slow. Lance Alworth and Steve Largent werent that fast, and was considered average route runners. Dermonti Dawson wasnt strong enough. These experts' opinions should be thrown into a lake. If you can play, you can play. Speed and strength dont make football players. Heart, motor and intangibles make a football player. The NFL has a history of proof. Tim Tebow has heart, a motor that dont stop and all the intangibles of a winner. Those that rely solely on talent, are usually out of the league in a couple of years without making a splash (Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, etc) because they dont have that motor or drive. You have to want to be great, but more importantly you have to have the want to win at all costs, and Tebow has that. Like him or not, so does Ben Roethlisberger. Enough with Tebow's release. Its awkward, yeah, but John Elway and Steve Young's were considered awkward too. Time will be kind to Tim Tebow, and I have no doubt he'll be on that list I just named.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:You know whats sad? Is the emphasis on speed and strength only these "experts" place on these players. In the opinions of experts, Jerry Rice would be a backup because he ran a 4.6. Joe Montana didnt have a strong arm. Rocky Bleier had one and a half feet (had half of his foot blown off in Vietnam). Johnny Unitas was cut by the Steelers ( Sad ). Emmitt Smith was considered slow. Lance Alworth and Steve Largent werent that fast, and was considered average route runners. Dermonti Dawson wasnt strong enough. These experts' opinions should be thrown into a lake. If you can play, you can play. Speed and strength dont make football players. Heart, motor and intangibles make a football player. The NFL has a history of proof. Tim Tebow has heart, a motor that dont stop and all the intangibles of a winner. Those that rely solely on talent, are usually out of the league in a couple of years without making a splash (Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, etc) because they dont have that motor or drive. You have to want to be great, but more importantly you have to have the want to win at all costs, and Tebow has that. Like him or not, so does Ben Roethlisberger. Enough with Tebow's release. Its awkward, yeah, but John Elway and Steve Young's were considered awkward too. Time will be kind to Tim Tebow, and I have no doubt he'll be on that list I just named.

Spot on buddy! You got to want to be the best and do anything to be the best. And Tebow has that gift from god. To push himself throughout anything that he faces.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL