Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Tournament Boy's Field
I thought it was the center ref, but that actually makes it worse because he had a better view. If paintsville had won straight up, I think south could have carried Their heads high. But if they lost on that one, all hearts would have been broken. And it wasn't paintsvilles fault. It was a terrable call. And it would have been a great finish to a great game!
Da_truf Wrote:Paintsville played a good game! But the refs sucked! Example a player getting called offsides when he drove the ball down himself! Do I need to mention that after said player missed his shot a south player scored and then they made the call ?! And this doesn't reflect on paintsville, they played a great game. But that ref was terrible! The line refs were fine!

Son the call was made long before the shot. I was standing on that end and the keeper stopped the ball then dropped it ,because he saw the call and heard the whistle, then a SL player kicked it in.

I mean you guys won and you are on here crying about the officials? Jesus, I can't imagine whatit would have been if you would have lost. The kid that quit during the game got what he deserved. He throwed the ball away and the official told him not to do that. So what does he do....run his lip at the official. A deserved Yellow card followed.

We lost and we haven't cried the first time. Do I think some calls may have been missed. Of course, they're human. Do I think we scored on the one that hit the cross bar and came down. I was on the other end and couldn't tell. BUT, you keeper sure thought so. Cause he just stopped moving and hung his head and our front four raised their hands as if it were a goal.

SO how bout you just enjoy the win. Forget about the officials and start thinking about the game tomorrow night. Maybe our Region can at least score a GOAL, cause they have been shut out the last four years.

Good Luck SL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I was just using that as an example! But you just stated yourself the refs were bad. And I think paintsville played a great game. My point was that it would have been good to see the game if properly called. Do I think that one shot bounced past the line? Yes. But that just canceled out the other call. I feel like both teams got robbed of what would have been what in my opinion a great game. You have to agree. Because you know some of your guys have to sit there and say if only that call was made! I know if it was on our end we would gave been. But as far as the 1st round of the state goes. Pld beat model 1-0 and we played a right with them. So hopefully we can get past them. This south team is better than the last 2 because of their desire to pass and share the ball. But I hope we get to play you all next year, competion breeds greatness!
Da_truf Wrote:I was just using that as an example! But you just stated yourself the refs were bad. And I think paintsville played a great game. My point was that it would have been good to see the game if properly called. Do I think that one shot bounced past the line? Yes. But that just canceled out the other call. I feel like both teams got robbed of what would have been what in my opinion a great game. You have to agree. Because you know some of your guys have to sit there and say if only that call was made! I know if it was on our end we would gave been. But as far as the 1st round of the state goes. Pld beat model 1-0 and we played a right with them. So hopefully we can get past them. This south team is better than the last 2 because of their desire to pass and share the ball. But I hope we get to play you all next year, competion breeds greatness!

Please show me where I said this. I was very satisfied with the officials. I agreed with every Yellow they handed out that I saw.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
You brought up the cross bar play. Why are you getting so hot for? There is no reason in it. I never said I didn't agree with the yellow cards now did I? My whole point was that it would have been nice to see them play with proper officiating. Meaning the big calls don't get blown!
Da_truf Wrote:You brought up the cross bar play. Why are you getting so hot for? There is no reason in it. I never said I didn't agree with the yellow cards now did I? My whole point was that it would have been nice to see them play with proper officiating. Meaning the big calls don't get blown!

Son I'm not getting hot...lol. Did you see any exclamation points in my last statement? No.

You said, "But you just stated yourself the refs were bad."
I just made the statement, "Please show me where I said this."

I will say this again. I was happy with the officiating. At least the center official explained every single call he made. So there was no question as to why he made a call.

Yes our boys are heartbroken. But, let's face it. They were even LUCKY to finish that game. Three straight nights of playing? The last two were wars. My son had to have BOTH his ankles treated the night before..and he was the Keeper. One of our Defenders #11, ended up in the hospital after the game with a broken toe, blood around his knee cap and a torn miniscus. The rest have done nothing but sit at home and soak in ice most of the day. That was a lot to ask of those boys and by Gosh they left it ALL out there. Do I think it may have been a different story. had we gotten the rest like SL did? You dang right I do. We woulda played on Wednesday night. Trust me. Us and Perry have played on MUCH worse fields than what was there Wednesday evening.
But, no need to beat a dead horse. We are even more proud of our boys for the way they handle it and themselves the entire Tournament. We couldn't ask them for anything more than what they gave us and that was EVERYTHING they had left.

So again...Good Luck tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
offthehook

I will have to say it was a good game and I am sure they will be in finals next year this was a very respectful game and you could tell when the game was over how good the sportsmanship was and hope # 11 is ok. I was wondering about him he took a hard fall but still finished the game. Good luck to Sl at State lets hope they can keep the 16th Region alive in state this yeear.
Just from reading previous post sounds like I was dead on my prediction. Sounds like it was a great game. Congrats to both teams. Definately top 2 teams in the region. Good luck to SL at state. Paintsville get ready for next year.