Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County 49 - Southwestern 8
If your first team all state you don't get dominated like that. There was NOT double and triple team on anyone if there was then the other DL would have been unblocked. Both sides of the line for SW was nonexistant. DONT make excuses make plays!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't expect this, good win Anderson County!
xtrapoint Wrote:Well Anderson kept two or three people on 52 all night, and didn't move at all, he also got some good pressure on the quarterback but Anderson ran alot of three step drops so 52 couldn't get there, on the 5 or 7 seven step drops 52 got plenty of pressure and forced the qb to move but there was no one else to contain. For a d-lineman to get the attention of two or three blockers every play has to say something for the type of player he his.

I didn't see much triple teaming on him but I did see some double teaming swing as when they gt pull they double team the back side dt but other then that not much double teaming he is a good player no doubt I just think that he was more of an offensive player against this team
I cannot believe nobody is discussing the rediculous display of unsportsmanship by the Defensive Coordinator of Southwest Pulaski. If you are unaware of what happened, this guy got tossed out in the 2nd quarter and walked 70 to 80 yards down the sidelines, at the same time, flipping the bird to the Anderson county sidelines and fans. I also find it amazing that none of the Southwest fan base are not on this site apologizing to the Anderson county fans, especially after reading all the wonderful things they said about the Harlan co fans when SWP beat them 2 Fridays ago. I don't know who this guy is, but he should be banned from high school sports for a long time. As I am sure of your team, we have some of the finest young men in this state, both on and off the field. As with SWP, we have constantly been told each week during the playoffs, how weak we are and could not win. If the game had gone your way, I can promise you, ACHS would be pulling for a state championship trophey to come back to Somerset.
congrats to Anderson county its been one hec of a year and no matter what the turn out where still going to the ship. what a display of coaching and passing and one outstanding defense.:Thumbs:
bearcatnation going to the ship one great year .:1:
kyfitz Wrote:I cannot believe nobody is discussing the rediculous display of unsportsmanship by the Defensive Coordinator of Southwest Pulaski. If you are unaware of what happened, this guy got tossed out in the 2nd quarter and walked 70 to 80 yards down the sidelines, at the same time, flipping the bird to the Anderson county sidelines and fans. I also find it amazing that none of the Southwest fan base are not on this site apologizing to the Anderson county fans, especially after reading all the wonderful things they said about the Harlan co fans when SWP beat them 2 Fridays ago. I don't know who this guy is, but he should be banned from high school sports for a long time. As I am sure of your team, we have some of the finest young men in this state, both on and off the field. As with SWP, we have constantly been told each week during the playoffs, how weak we are and could not win. If the game had gone your way, I can promise you, ACHS would be pulling for a state championship trophy to come back to Somerset.

The incident was totally uncalled for and me, being a SW fan, I'm not thrilled with his actions. However, it did happen.
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:If your first team all state you don't get dominated like that. There was NOT double and triple team on anyone if there was then the other DL would have been unblocked. Both sides of the line for SW was nonexistant. DONT make excuses make plays!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say both sides of the line were nonexistent. The O-line was blocking extremely well, the backs just couldn't keep their footing on the very wet and muddy field. If they would have had longer cleats, it would have made a difference on the offensive side of the ball.

As far as defense, Seth Carmichael was having a field day against the Warriors. He was on target each and every throw. He was unstoppable on Friday night.
89YDS Total off threw 3 quarters didnt block to good! muddy fields for both sides anderson didnt seem to have any problems.seem like to me anderson had a great defense game.anderson had around 400yards offense sounds your making excuses. hmmmm how about anderson did a great job shutting sw down!!!!!!!!:notbad:
I didn't make any excuses. I just said that SW would have had a better offensive night had it not been for a muddy field. SW depends on their speed and the muddy field slowed them down. SW couldn't stop the Bearcat offense regardless, so it wouldn't have mattered anyways.
TheRealDeal Wrote:I didn't see much triple teaming on him but I did see some double teaming swing as when they gt pull they double team the back side dt but other then that not much double teaming he is a good player no doubt I just think that he was more of an offensive player against this team

Anderson used the tackle, te, and a back on 52 most of the night. Anderson planned for him and SW didn't make any plays.

I would like to congratulate the Anderson co. coaches for a very good game plan and their players for executing it almost perfectly. Their offense was a beautiful sight to watch for any football fan on Friday night!!
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:If your first team all state you don't get dominated like that. There was NOT double and triple team on anyone if there was then the other DL would have been unblocked. Both sides of the line for SW was nonexistant. DONT make excuses make plays!!!!!!!!!!

There was double and triple teams, and I did not make any excuses! 52 has chased down plays like that all yearand Anderson didn't let him do that to them. The double and triple teams free up linebackers not the backside d-lineman btw!!
GetChili Wrote:Congrats to the Warriors on a great 2011 season! You all could have easily given up mid-season, but you all kept fighting. This team did things that no other Warrior team has done before. Tonight's game does not define your all's season at all. GO WARRIORS!
but it is a shame the coach looked like total idiot while flipping everyone off... terrible, terrible. glad he won't be back next year. idiot.

congrats to the warriors on a great season...
kyfitz Wrote:I cannot believe nobody is discussing the rediculous display of unsportsmanship by the Defensive Coordinator of Southwest Pulaski. If you are unaware of what happened, this guy got tossed out in the 2nd quarter and walked 70 to 80 yards down the sidelines, at the same time, flipping the bird to the Anderson county sidelines and fans. I also find it amazing that none of the Southwest fan base are not on this site apologizing to the Anderson county fans, especially after reading all the wonderful things they said about the Harlan co fans when SWP beat them 2 Fridays ago. I don't know who this guy is, but he should be banned from high school sports for a long time. As I am sure of your team, we have some of the finest young men in this state, both on and off the field. As with SWP, we have constantly been told each week during the playoffs, how weak we are and could not win. If the game had gone your way, I can promise you, ACHS would be pulling for a state championship trophey to come back to Somerset.
i was informed by the pulaski superintendent that this coach will not be representing them next yr.
I had been told the ejection was a total embarrassment.
marched 60 yds down the sideline giving the bird all the way off the field!!!:rules:
bubba22 Wrote:marched 60 yds down the sideline giving the bird all the way off the field!!!:rules:

Anybody got video of it????
A very good chance we have video.
The entire SW staff was let go.
Really????
It has been rumored since Anderson left that the entire staff were lame ducks. Guess the Principal has decided to start fresh.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.