•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2012
Three specific Pirates stand out to me as we head into the offseason:

1. Josh Robinson- Robinson was night and day from his Sophomore season, specifically on defense and his Junior season looks very similar to Josh Dixon's. Dixon leaves a huge void on defense as he was the enforcer and the guy you knew was going to be there to stop a big play with his sure tackling.

If I am Robinson I am living off protein shakes and busting my butt on the gym and doing some speed training this summer to pick up an extra step. He has the potential to be the big, physical back Belfry needs opposite of Johnson and he could be a dominating Safety IMO.

2. Zach Thacker- Probably the most pleasant surprise this season was the play of Thacker at CB. He not only showed great cover skills, but he straight up would hit someone. I don't know if Haywood will play Sani both ways, so it is paramount for Thacker to become the CB capable of shutting down the opposing team's top WR.

Another kid that 15 lbs of muscle and a step quicker could turn into a beast on defense.

3. Tony Messer- Love watching this kid play and I think it will only be natural that with Warren coming on he will see more balls come his way on offense. Defensively he was huge for Belfry with numerous big plays and critical stops, maybe even All-State worthy. I truly thin Messer can earn a scholarship if he gets stronger and continues to work on his footwork.

Offensively, if I am Messer (and any SE) I am becoming Sani's best friend and running routes with him all summer to get timing down. When the running game is humming and thye have 10 in the box, I want to be the guy Sani throws a quick lob to so I can get beind the D and be 1 on 1 vs. a 5'9 DB in the open field. I want to be his 6'5 security blanket who can out jump anyone when he has to get a completion on 3rd and 8. If those two can find a rapport with each other, and Belfry can find a SE who can get down the field like Dotson did, then I feel the Pirate passing game will become very formidable.
James may will be the most dominate d-lineman in aaa next season, if not for injurys probably would have been this year
Is it 2012 yet? No, I'm going to hibernate wake me at the end of July.
Nobody will play harder than Austin Hatfield. I guarantee he finds a place somewhere on the field. I like Barnes and James May along that line and if Dotson does play, either side of the ball will be solidified big time...0304 is right...Carr has to learn to run like a Belfry back, that means straight ahead, and even though he improved this year, Robinson must do the same, he is much better going straight than side to side because he cannot outrun the good teams that way. I like the future for real...some of the young guys will shine next year IMO!!!
Hatfield will be a good fullback because he's tuff, but I'd like to see him work on his speed and get a little leaner. Hatfield is young and is learning his time will come and he will be the leader of pirates but i think he is a couple years away. Hatfield will be huge contributer next year for sure though somewhere. Justin Johnson needs some muscle to go along with his speed(went down way to many times with one hand tackles, especially in title game). Johnson is a great talent naturally, but has to get in the gym he has no power in them fast legs. The bros from central that were faster than him shut him down big time. Johnson will rebound with a great season and needs to use that game as motivation to get back to the title game next year and get revenge. I've seen many people use those type of games as wake up calls to work harder. Robinson at the other halfback leaves me scratching my head because I watch every game waiting on him to do something great at halfback and see the potential but he hardly ever breaks out for a great run. I know he's good but he's to Jekyll and hide for me. I like Robinson as a safety on defense only. May at fullback is a question mark because he has discipline issues.May is tuff and physical along with descent speed but you have to stay out of trouble.
Carr at halfback or fullback could be good but Carr has never seemed to live up to expectations. I always hear what a great athlete he is but hasn't shown it on the field. (granted he hasn't had many chances in varsity but dominated jv
games). Dari at halfback isn't a good idea because he hasn't really played a lot halfback in middle or high school but he would be a good wide out or safety. He is a great athlete and has improved. He also like Carr was very good in JV games. The million dollar question is who plays QB if Warren goes down. K. Taylor isn't close to being ready to be a starter.
Belfry will be pretty good on both sides of the ball on the line next year. In my opinion I would move joey duty over to offense and play him at the guard position next year and you would be better than you were this year. Its no disrespect to john (who done a great job) but joey is twice the ball player he is. If the coaches are smart they would go and make Zach Fields come out next year and play the center spot where he is excellent. I would echo the same about the fields boys as I did the duty boys, Keagan was great at center but Zach has always been the better of the two. Zach fields is a beast on the football field and no one can deny that. He has knee issues that he needs to get lined out and quick. So again I think belfry can also be better at the center position this year than last year if Zach plays. Derrick Jude keeps doing what he's been doing at the other tackle spot. If Preston Dotson plays he would be the other tackle along with Jude. If preston can be half the lineman his dad was he will be awesome. I think Preston can do it, he huge, strong, and will work hard. On the D-line I think James May at tackle is going to be the best in the mountains. He was very good when healthy this year. At nose you go with Barnes or Willis, you dont lose much either way both are pretty good players with lots of size. Short yardage keep them both on the field, try running against those three. (Stay out of trouble Tuffy Willis and get your brothers work ethic in the gym and on the field. If you do you have the potential to have the same success that trey had.) At the speed tackle I would work Timmy May, Hayden Hatfield or Richard Nelson.
I agree with Got an Opinion! You actually took my thoughts for each of those players, and wrote them down! I still think Carr has been held back, when the HB's weren't performing or having a good game, this could have been vital touches for him to gain that experience. Dari is no HB, have heard from several people he is lost, can't learn the plays, with Warren's arm I look for Dari to go back to reciever. Johnson is a natural HB, but needs to hit the weights. He is a small HB, so he needs that strength. Speed has and will continue to take any HB only so far, they must be able to lower that shoulder and run through players, not lay down when they make contact. I agree 100% with the thoughts on Robinson, he had a few good games, and for the rest of the season I kept waiting on him to show up on offense, defense I thought he held his own. On a positive note I look for this group to dominate, but with that being said, those play books need an upgrade for these style runners, open field runners, I hope Warren's passing skills are not wasted away by just handing the ball off 100 times a game! I look for Haywood to pound the middle, but I also suspect that we will see more from a spread offense over the next couple of years.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pirates will be very, very good next year on paper.

Each Senior Belfry loses not only was a good player, but a great leader... it is very apparent the Pirates should have the players and experience returning to be the favorite in the East...the question is how well this team meshes in the off-season and what kind of work ethic they take on. If next year's Seniors can improve as much as the class that is leaving, the sky is the limit for Belfry.

The Belfry playbook may never truly "open up", but I expect the Pirates to have a little more varied look next season as the Sani Warren era begins. Sani has a very unique skillset that could make him a dangerous threat in Haywood's offense if he puts in the time and effort to master his craft. Justin Johnson has the potential to be a special back. He improved in a big way as the season progressed and a year of physical development will make him even better.

The most blaring question marks are:

- Can Sani run the offense with the precision that Williams did?- Who takes over at FB? Does Carr bulk up and make the move?

- Who steps in the middle of the D as the quick NG and DT? Dotson and Aldana were relentless. Tuffy Willis played very well at times, and Barnes may have improved the most out of all Pirates and is an absolute monster... but the Bucs still need those lighting quick guys who can get into the backfield and disrupt plays to compliment them.

Those 3 questions are the only thing standing in the way from being a very, very good team.

Many people try to compare these two and their are no comparison between the two. By saying that, I mean Williams and Warren possess two totally different skillsets. So that is not a blaring question in my opinion. Tyler ran the offense well because it fit his skillset extremely well. The most blaring question to me is will Belfry open up the playbook to compliment Warren's skillset? Williams ran it like Williams and Warren will run it like Warren. Just my opinion on the matter.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Timmy May would be an excellent starting fullback, if he works his ass off he needs to get a little bigger. Timmy's biggest problem at Belfry thus far has been attitude. Unfortunately he has gotten in trouble time and time again and we can only hope that changes because his potential on both sides is VERY high. You know, I was thinking about this this morning, after Mingo Central posted a horrible season you can't help but wonder if some kids will transfer to Belfry for their junior/senior seasons. Alot of people don't have that same pride in Mingo Central as they did in Matewan/Williamson and may decide to come over. Our current offense is not designed to run anybody over, unless you're the fullback. The halfbacks are mainly used to get outside and run.

Trenity Carr, thus far, has showed a little bit of what I've called 'Jeffree Pruitt Syndrome' with the disclaimer that later in the year, Jeffree figured out what to do. Trenity needs to get focused on getting the wall and moving forward without cuts. Luckily, he's just a sophomore this year. If he can't develop the speed he needs going forward, he is a shorter thicker kid and could learn to play fullback. In my opinion, Belfry needs to look to whoever they can to play fullback. Johnson, Robinson, Carr, and anyone else may be able to play the halfback spot but none of them will be effective without SOMEONE playing that oh-so-important fullback spot.
So please tell me how Belfry gets away with kids transfering in and Pike Central doesn't. I respect Belfry and I'm so glad they represented the mts well in Bowling Green, but that is a bunch of croc. They have done for years in getting kids from West Virgina and nothing every happens. I guess it means win at all cost and thats all right, but to me it means a little more when you have home grown kids. Belfry would still be good if they didn't get them kids from the border but I don't think they would be as good year after year.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:So please tell me how Belfry gets away with kids transfering in and Pike Central doesn't. I respect Belfry and I'm so glad they represented the mts well in Bowling Green, but that is a bunch of croc. They have done for years in getting kids from West Virgina and nothing every happens. I guess it means win at all cost and thats all right, but to me it means a little more when you have home grown kids. Belfry would still be good if they didn't get them kids from the border but I don't think they would be as good year after year.

You do realize where Belfry is located don't you. It is only 3 min. drive to WVa line. Big difference when parents want there children to go to a school that is only at most a 20 min. drive to Belfry in a bordering state and pay tuition compared to their child going to Mingo Central which could be up to a 50min. drive. Comparing Pike Central who had a kid being picked up an brought to the school by the head coach all the way from Jackson is a croc. These kids going to Belfry are home grown, most I would say that lives the farthest away from school is 20min. drive. The buses drive farther than that.
Crossbones Wrote:You do realize where Belfry is located don't you. It is only 3 min. drive to WVa line. Big difference when parents want there children to go to a school that is only at most a 20 min. drive to Belfry in a bordering state and pay tuition compared to their child going to Mingo Central which could be up to a 50min. drive. Comparing Pike Central who had a kid being picked up an brought to the school by the head coach all the way from Jackson is a croc. These kids going to Belfry are home grown, most I would say that lives the farthest away from school is 20min. drive. The buses drive farther than that.

It doesn't matter if it is 3 min or an hour. The kids don't live in the school district then they should investigate it a lot more. The bottom line is they are still coming to Belfry to play football, just like the kids from Pike Central the went there to play football.If Belfry wasn't any good at football how many kids would transfer there not many. They are also not home grown if they live in a different state. I understand that its less than 5 miles away but that WV kids and Mingo kids.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:It doesn't matter if it is 3 min or an hour. The kids don't live in the school district then they should investigate it a lot more. The bottom line is they are still coming to Belfry to play football, just like the kids from Pike Central the went there to play football.If Belfry wasn't any good at football how many kids would transfer there not many. They are also not home grown if they live in a different state. I understand that its less than 5 miles away but that WV kids and Mingo kids.

Should be investigated? What rule has been broken? :eyeroll: Most of these kids grew up in the school system going to South Side elementary, Belfry Middle, now Belfy High. If parents who live in Wva and is closer to have their kids go to school in Kentucky, that is their choice. No rules have been broken. You have no Idea what the bottom line is. There is kids walking the halls all over Belfry from Wva that don't even play sports. Belfry is a new school and gives a pretty good education. Same as breathitt kids going to perry or whatever local school that is around, they have a choice and they chose Belfry. Get over it and quit whining. Confusedhh: On a side note.. I could of cared less about the breathitt kids going to Pike Central. If that is where they wanted to go to school and their parents didn't care for that long drive, then so be it.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:If Belfry wasn't any good at football how many kids would transfer there not many.

Just ruined your argument.

I can't even begin to estimate the number of kids who have moved into the Belfry school district from Mingo County, WV over the years that were either girls or did not even play a sport. I know of at least 10-15 kids that I personally went to elementary and middle school with who moved from WV to KY and sports wasn't even remotely in the forefront of why they moved.

A perfect example:

Before David Hatfield became Belfry's basketball coach in the early 2000's, he was the longtime HC and teacher at Williamson, WV and had a legendary tenure there. David's wife worked at Williamson Memorial Hospital and they had two daughters. Guess where they lived and what school districts their daughters attended even while Coach Hatfield was the HC at Williamson?

There are NUMEROUS educational, socio-economical, and logistical reasons why parents move to the Kentucky side that have absolutely no bearing on athletics.
i think justin johnson did great this year for the pirates rushed close to a 1000 yds with not playing close to 3 games a sophmore was asked to take it on and he did great job brother.and i think trenity carr will be the fullback next year he is bulking up now. as far as hatifield taking fullback spot he has got to get faster too slow for varsity level maybe two more years is the way i see it. mike barnes is and will be the beast next year.belfry can and will be dangerous next year. thanks for a great year seniors.
^ J.J. certainly has the ability to be a superstar for the Pirates next season. I am optimistic Robinson will be a nice compliment in the backfield next season and was VERY pleased with his play all year at Safety.

At fullback - has anyone considered Ghormley? He would be a bigger/stronger option, but might sacrifice a step or so. Plus this would split his focus from solely defense.

It sure is premature to do this, but I'll give a shot at next years two deep:

QB: Warren/no idea
RB: Johnson/Carr
RB: Robinson/Carr/Dari
FB: May/?
WR: Huddle/Johnson/Dari
TE: Messer/Duty?
T: #57
G: James May/
C: ?
G: Tuffy Willis?
T: #54

DE: Messer/
DT: Duty/Hayden Hatfield
NG: *Barnes/Timmy May
DT: *James May/Tuffy Willis
DE: Hayden Hatfield/Timmy May
LB: Ghormley/?
LB: Mullins
CB: Huddle/Warren
CB: Thacker
SS: Robinson
FS: Cameron Johnson/Devonte Dari

This is sorta my best guess. I put a star next to Barnes and James May on defense because both played enough to be considered returning starters IMO.
It's a little bit different when kids have parents who live in each state so they move houses, or whatever. The only thing that recruits at Belfry is our record. Wouldn't you want to move five minutes from 5-5 Mingo to 13-2 Belfry? Pike Central, however, goes AFTER those kids (ALLEGEDLY) and didn't get in trouble for them going to PC, they got in trouble for Chapman supplying the ride.
Now, I few outside the box thoughts from me.

1) IF (and I think this will be a moot point) a couple young guys don't adequately develop to fill the open O-line roles, will Haywood consider playing Joey Duty at Gaurd? What about Peyton Mullins at Gaurd?

2) IF (and it would require a seriously impressive showing) one of the younger/faster Pirate linebackers shows promise in the summer, will Haywood consider moving Mullins to DT? Mullins is a really good backer but could he be a more disruptive force at DT?

3) WILL Haywood be satisfied with Huddle (or other player who might step up) at CB to play Warren only at QB? Of course in games where teams really spread it out, a nickel package utilizing Warren would seem a good idea.

4) WILL Carr be able to approximate Garrett Duty's kickoffs? WHO will punt?

5) COULD Ghormley be the answer at FB or backup TE, if younger Bucs don't step up?

6) HOW hard will Haywood try to two platoon?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Now, I few outside the box thoughts from me.

1) IF (and I think this will be a moot point) a couple young guys don't adequately develop to fill the open O-line roles, will Haywood consider playing Joey Duty at Gaurd? What about Peyton Mullins at Gaurd?

2) IF (and it would require a seriously impressive showing) one of the younger/faster Pirate linebackers shows promise in the summer, will Haywood consider moving Mullins to DT? Mullins is a really good backer but could he be a more disruptive force at DT?

3) WILL Haywood be satisfied with Huddle (or other player who might step up) at CB to play Warren only at QB? Of course in games where teams really spread it out, a nickel package utilizing Warren would seem a good idea.

4) WILL Carr be able to approximate Garrett Duty's kickoffs? WHO will punt?

5) COULD Ghormley be the answer at FB or backup TE, if younger Bucs don't step up?

6) HOW hard will Haywood try to two platoon?
Haywood has to play 11 different guys both ways or he will have a lot of talented kids standing on the side lines. I agree with some of your suggestions but not Madison Ghormely at fullback. LB only for Madison, i remember his only carry this year he fumbled. (Bad idea). Huddle will have to do a lot of improving to start at corner. I know he only played the one game against Garrard but I saw lots of room for improvement to say the least. (For Eli's sake I hope he proves me wrong). I agree Mullins needs to drop a few lb.'s but you don't move a three year starter from his position that he has played darn good. ( I would echo these same comments about Ghormely, you don't move him from LB). The good thing for 2012 is there will be some good competition for just a few spots. We have a boat load of running backs, full backs, O and D linemen, and athletes in the secondary. So with that being said competition only will make them better. I say who ever earns there spot with off season workouts and when practice starts should be on the field regardless of age, experience, or retuning starter. Some kids develop later in life some sooner but either way put the best players on the field.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ J.J. certainly has the ability to be a superstar for the Pirates next season. I am optimistic Robinson will be a nice compliment in the backfield next season and was VERY pleased with his play all year at Safety.

At fullback - has anyone considered Ghormley? He would be a bigger/stronger option, but might sacrifice a step or so. Plus this would split his focus from solely defense.

It sure is premature to do this, but I'll give a shot at next years two deep:

QB: Warren/no idea
RB: Johnson/Carr
RB: Robinson/Carr/Dari
FB: May/?
WR: Huddle/Johnson/Dari
TE: Messer/Duty?
T: #57
G: James May/
C: ?
G: Tuffy Willis?
T: #54

DE: Messer/
DT: Duty/Hayden Hatfield
NG: *Barnes/Timmy May
DT: *James May/Tuffy Willis
DE: Hayden Hatfield/Timmy May
LB: Ghormley/?
LB: Mullins
CB: Huddle/Warren
CB: Thacker
SS: Robinson
FS: Cameron Johnson/Devonte Dari

This is sorta my best guess. I put a star next to Barnes and James May on defense because both played enough to be considered returning starters IMO.

Dotson started all season at DT---James was out with an injury until about 4 weeks ago-- but did go in and out (and do a great job may I add) when Dotson was pulled as he played both sides of the ball.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Timmy May would be an excellent starting fullback, if he works his ass off he needs to get a little bigger. Timmy's biggest problem at Belfry thus far has been attitude. Unfortunately he has gotten in trouble time and time again and we can only hope that changes because his potential on both sides is VERY high. You know, I was thinking about this this morning, after Mingo Central posted a horrible season you can't help but wonder if some kids will transfer to Belfry for their junior/senior seasons. Alot of people don't have that same pride in Mingo Central as they did in Matewan/Williamson and may decide to come over. Our current offense is not designed to run anybody over, unless you're the fullback. The halfbacks are mainly used to get outside and run.

Trenity Carr, thus far, has showed a little bit of what I've called 'Jeffree Pruitt Syndrome' with the disclaimer that later in the year, Jeffree figured out what to do. Trenity needs to get focused on getting the wall and moving forward without cuts. Luckily, he's just a sophomore this year. If he can't develop the speed he needs going forward, he is a shorter thicker kid and could learn to play fullback. In my opinion, Belfry needs to look to whoever they can to play fullback. Johnson, Robinson, Carr, and anyone else may be able to play the halfback spot but none of them will be effective without SOMEONE playing that oh-so-important fullback spot.

When I watched Belfry this past Saturday, I thought the same as the bolded and wondered: is that the best O to beat Central? I know the flex bone helps get the RBs outside quicker, but I wonder if Belfry will ever have the speed to get outside Central even using the flex bone. They certainly didn't have it this year. Watching the game, I thought Belfry might have been better off running out of the I more often to pound the middle and then use play action passes to the TEs and SE when the LBers start cheating to stop the run. If you feel you need to run wide to keep Central honest, bring the wing in motion and run a jet sweep type play, or pitch the ball to the TB and use the RB as a lead blocker.

I have a ton of respect for Coach Haywood. His resume speaks for itself. I'm almost embarrassed to be second guessing him. But I've posted that Johnson Central's O may work fine against a lot of teams but it has to be adjusted to beat Highlands and I need to be consistent: should Belfry adjust it's O in anticipation of meeting Central in the state game? Or would such adjustments result in Belfry not even making it to the state game?

I wasn't going to bring up my thoughts until I saw you state what I bolded.
charlie22 Wrote:When I watched Belfry this past Saturday, I thought the same as the bolded and wondered: is that the best O to beat Central? I know the flex bone helps get the RBs outside quicker, but I wonder if Belfry will ever have the speed to get outside Central even using the flex bone. They certainly didn't have it this year. Watching the game, I thought Belfry might have been better off running out of the I more often to pound the middle and then use play action passes to the TEs and SE when the LBers start cheating to stop the run. If you feel you need to run wide to keep Central honest, bring the wing in motion and run a jet sweep type play, or pitch the ball to the TB and use the RB as a lead blocker.

I have a ton of respect for Coach Haywood. His resume speaks for itself. I'm almost embarrassed to be second guessing him. But I've posted that Johnson Central's O may work fine against a lot of teams but it has to be adjusted to beat Highlands and I need to be consistent: should Belfry adjust it's O in anticipation of meeting Central in the state game? Or would such adjustments result in Belfry not even making it to the state game?

I wasn't going to bring up my thoughts until I saw you state what I bolded.

If you don't mind, who do you coach for and have you ever coached in a state championship? I can tell you one thing, I promise you there WAS speed on that field and evidently you didn't pay too much attention to some of the playmakers. Sorry, just had to voice my opinion on your post and was curious as to your resume details.
Belfry fans have been talking about this year for a couple years now. They've made the state title game the last two years, and if what they've got coming back I am sure they'll be a top 2 team again this year and possibly favored (depending on what Central loses).
WideRight05 Wrote:Belfry fans have been talking about this year for a couple years now. They've made the state title game the last two years, and if what they've got coming back I am sure they'll be a top 2 team again this year and possibly favored (depending on what Central loses).
The 2012 junior class is very talented so is next years senior class. Messer, Mullins, Ghormley, May, Robinson, Thacker, and Jude (Might have missed a few). With that being said I agree that next years junior class has the potential to be one of if not the best Belfry High School has ever had if they live up to that potential. They have to work very hard this off season and get there focus on football and work there tails off. They have a chance to win two state titles and get there names mentioned with the class that won back to back titles. I truly feel in my heart that anything less than a state title the next two years would be considered a dissapointment. These kids are athletic, smart, physical and the difference in the class and the others that were good is the number of great players in the class. We are talking about 12-14 good players most classes are lucky to have 6 or 7. All this is being based solely on potential, they have not won anything yet.
Got an opinion Wrote:The 2012 junior class is very talented so is next years senior class. Messer, Mullins, Ghormley, May, Robinson, Thacker, and Jude (Might have missed a few). With that being said I agree that next years junior class has the potential to be one of if not the best Belfry High School has ever had if they live up to that potential. They have to work very hard this off season and get there focus on football and work there tails off. They have a chance to win two state titles and get there names mentioned with the class that won back to back titles. I truly feel in my heart that anything less than a state title the next two years would be considered a dissapointment. These kids are athletic, smart, physical and the difference in the class and the others that were good is the number of great players in the class. We are talking about 12-14 good players most classes are lucky to have 6 or 7. All this is being based solely on potential, they have not won anything yet.

Who are some of their top players? I remember that class. Howard and Jones and Company were a LOAD.

I saw 2 Belfry games in 2009 when they had Thomas Varney. In one of the games they mentioned their middle school team who was undefeated at the time, and I think they recognized some of their players. They had this one kid (#71) who looked like he was a lineman for the Baltimore Ravens. Couldn't believe he was in 8th grade, that kid was a mountain and I could only imagine what he would be like when he got to high school. I would guess he probably plays a huge role in that class. Other than that, who else do you think will be the big players that contribute to this team?
WideRight05 Wrote:Who are some of their top players? I remember that class. Howard and Jones and Company were a LOAD.

I saw 2 Belfry games in 2009 when they had Thomas Varney. In one of the games they mentioned their middle school team who was undefeated at the time, and I think they recognized some of their players. They had this one kid (#71) who looked like he was a lineman for the Baltimore Ravens. Couldn't believe he was in 8th grade, that kid was a mountain and I could only imagine what he would be like when he got to high school. I would guess he probably plays a huge role in that class. Other than that, who else do you think will be the big players that contribute to this team?
QB Sani Warren in the right system could be first team all state
RB Justin Johnson should be first team all state
RB Trenity Carr has the potential to be very good
FB Timmy May is a fast fullback that will blow you up
RB/WR Devontae Dari is very athletic we just have to find him a place to play
Joey Duty can play almost any position on the field except HB or Secondary. Smartest guy on the field.
OL/DL Mike Barnes is the monster you referred to. He's about 6'4 320 lbs and moves good.
C Zach Fields younger brother of last years C Keagan is gonna be better than his brother if his knee problems are lined out.
DE Zach Thompson is the smartest guy in KY (36 ACT) has an unmatchable work ethic
DE/DT Richard Nelson is about 6'4 200lbs and is very tuff. He's that loose screw that every defense needs. (he's a little crazy in a good way for football.)
WR Reed Williamson should see some action this year and start his senior year.
There were a couple more good linemen on that team that I can't remember but your right that team was very good.
I agree with you about the Jones and Howard class being a great class. At BHS there class is the standard by which your measured. It's gonna be a tall task for any group to match the accomplishments of that class, but this group could possibly pull it off. Or they could fall flat on there faces and be remembered as the team of what If's that should've, could've, but didn't. At this point to even be mentioned with the class of Jones, Howard, and the rest of the back to back state champions is an honor in it's self.
Got an opinion Wrote:QB Sani Warren in the right system could be first team all state
Joey Duty can play almost any position on the field except HB or Secondary. Smartest guy on the field.
OL/DL Mike Barnes is the monster you referred to. He's about 6'4 320 lbs and moves good.
C Zach Fields younger brother of last years C Keagan is gonna be better than his brother if his knee problems are lined out.
DE Zach Thompson is the smartest guy in KY (36 ACT) has an unmatchable work ethic
DE/DT Richard Nelson is about 6'4 200lbs and is very tuff. He's that loose screw that every defense needs. (he's a little crazy in a good way for football.)
There were a couple more good linemen on that team that I can't remember but your right that team was very good.
I completely forgot about one of the better players in that class!
DE/DT Hayden Hatfield saw a lot playing time this year and is going to be very good next year if he hits the weights and bulks up.
The two linemen I forgot about were Jacob Rutherford (who can be good if he gets in shape), and Austin Rollins who sat out last year to deal with some personal issues.
Got an opinion Wrote:QB Sani Warren in the right system could be first team all state

If I'm following this right, you're predicting all these accolades for these kids based on their success in middle school and/or JV games. Definitely wouldn't be the first time an overzealous parent or family member has done this, but it never ceases to amaze me.

Half these kids have never seen any meaningful playing time. I'd like to think they'll have a great year next year, too, but I don't believe annointing them as title winners or 1st team all-staters will help their cause.
I dont recall anointing them anything. If you read all the post you would see I said based upon there potential!!!!! You obviously read only the parts you want to read and decipher them the way you want. I'm not a parent for one, for two what's over zealous about predicting and hoping for a successful season for a team or player. Evidently your a parent of a kid who sucks or sucked when he played so you wish bad on all other kids who are good. Quit hating on young kids " jerk".
I dont recall anointing them anything. If you read all the post you would see I said based upon there potential!!!!! You obviously read only the parts you want to read and decipher them the way you want. I'm not a parent for one, for two what's over zealous about predicting and hoping for a successful season for a team or player. Evidently your a parent of a kid who sucks or sucked when he played so you wish bad on all other kids who are good. Quit hating on young kids " jerk".
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next