Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2012
Live Maroon Wrote:I might be tempted to try Campoy at Linebacker, filling Hefner's spot.

Was referring to the offensive line (center). However, filling Hefner's position on def. may be well suited for him,imo. Good point.
was thinking of moving guiterez to center. only problem is no RG or RT.
i think you will see gute at rg, campoy at lg, gage at lt, other two spots on OL big ? right now. defensively, campoy, wes, and gage on dl.....heard thacker wants to go to a 3 man front. black in middle, with burke, and pugh, then ben maynard at one outside with estep and hall at db's questons for them on defensive is other olb and corner.
footballfan_95 Wrote:i think you will see gute at rg, campoy at lg, gage at lt, other two spots on OL big ? right now. defensively, campoy, wes, and gage on dl.....heard thacker wants to go to a 3 man front. black in middle, with burke, and pugh, then ben maynard at one outside with estep and hall at db's questons for them on defensive is other olb and corner.
...Hadnt heard that one.... It would be interesting to see though. A 3-4 defense is pretty hard to pull off in college ball much less in HS....
Yeah, that would be a challenge to pull off, but I see where Thacker is coming from because he has more linebackers than linemen. Really need to find a couple more linemen by Spring and get them in the weight room. We've got skill players (although QB is a question mark due to lack of experience), but most games are won and lost in the trenches. Campoy plays much bigger than he is, but he would really fit better as a LB on defense. Problem is, no DL to take his place.
Live Maroon Wrote:Yeah, that would be a challenge to pull off, but I see where Thacker is coming from because he has more linebackers than linemen. Really need to find a couple more linemen by Spring and get them in the weight room. We've got skill players (although QB is a question mark due to lack of experience), but most games are won and lost in the trenches. Campoy plays much bigger than he is, but he would really fit better as a LB on defense. Problem is, no DL to take his place.

Good point.
Good luck Chase Hall and Austin Hall....
pikeville will find lineman they always have and always will. even if they have to find someone who hasnt always played that position. coaches know what theyre doing. that was proved this season. they need players that believe in them and pikeville football.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Schedule will be the same as last year to my knowledge. With the exception of the Pike County Bowl.

Looks like Swain will bring a new coach - http://blogs2.citizen-times.com/hshuddle...teps-down/
and some well-traveled cheerleaders - http://blogs2.citizen-times.com/hshuddle...xperience/
Has Swain been scheduled to come to Pikeville officially? I hope so but I doubt it.
I think the Panthers are going to be tough again next year....Who do they have replacing Maynard?
Been hearing that we may have some kids who havent previously played considering coming out for football next year....Anyone else heard this?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Been hearing that we may have some kids who havent previously played considering coming out for football next year....Anyone else heard this?
Ethan Rowe is a big name I keep hearing. Would love to see him out there.
Im sure Pikeville is like almost any school around with lots of kid with talents who just dont come out and play. Hazard has a few im sure, and Perry Central does as well.
^It takes a different breed of human to play football. It's definitely not for everybody. Wins help get people out for the team too.
Agreed. Special heart required for football. Hope Pikeville gets everyone out they seek.
No way to replace a kid like Maynard, but if the Panthers find someone thats sufficient it could be huge, because as some people mentioned in the past threads they have some nice young talent. Lots of underclassmen saw significant time the last couple of years and they're some very good middle school kids coming up who IMO are ready to contribute. If Pikeville football were a stock, I'd buy right now. Good luck Panthers!!
You can feel the interest and energy coming back into the program. What I would like to see happen is for some of the former players to work with the new/younger players during the summer, showing them proper technique and teaching them the "Pikeville Way". I see more former players getting involved in different ways with the program, that would be a huge asset to have some "summer instruction"!
Agree with this for sure. Seems as though new life has been infused into this program the last couple of yrs." Success breeds success",and hopefully everyone keeps interested and stays on track. Coach Mac and staff did a great job last year, so maybe this season can be even better.