Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT All Mountain Team
I have a few gripes about the list myself.

1st- How does BJ Combs or Zach Blanton NOT get 1A player of the year??
2nd- How is John Brewer from Leslie Co. and Rob Lewis from Southwestern NOT on the 1st team defense??
3rd- No #82 Hobert Asher, #6 Eric Hubbard, or #3 Blake Bray from Leslie Co. on the list anywhere??
4th- Why did WYMT jump on the Williamsburg bandwagon so hard this year??
5th- 2A player of the year should have been Lange or Wilson from Somerset.

All this is purely my opinion.
I Rule The World Wrote:I have a few gripes about the list myself.

2nd- How is John Brewer from Leslie Co. and Rob Lewis from Southwestern NOT on the 1st team defense??
3rd- No #82 Hobert Asher, #6 Eric Hubbard, or #3 Blake Bray from Leslie Co. on the list anywhere??

I think WYMT went on the team's performance when picking the player's who made the teams. These team's should have been picked based on player performance not team performance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It is always tough for these guys to pick these teams.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Those listed are honorable mention offensive lines.

Belfry was 1st Team O-Line
Harlan County was 2nd Team O-Line
Johnson Central was 3rd Team O-Line

I do not like the fact that they do not give out honors to individual O linemen. I know it is a big coverage area but with some effort it could and should be done. I feel like the way they do it is an easy way out.
Backwoods Wrote:I think WYMT went on the team's performance when picking the player's who made the teams. These team's should have been picked based on player performance not team performance.

If that were the case Zach Blanton of Hazard would have been on the team. I don't know what they use for the selection process, but any way they went about it Blanton should have been 1A player of the year.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I do not like the fact that they do not give out honors to individual O linemen. I know it is a big coverage area but with some effort it could and should be done. I feel like the way they do it is an easy way out.

I completely agree with this statement. The offensive linemen position is the most unrecognized position in football as a whole. At least the Defensive linemen get kudos for tackles or hurry ups. I echoed this statement last year for the same reason. Offensive linemen seldom get recognized for good play...but people are sure to point out mistakes when they miss a block or a team doesn't doesn't do well offensively. Backs and specialty players are seldom at fault unless they fumble or turnover....otherwise the blame for bad games tends to go to the offensive front for not blocking well. :Sad04:
nannook Wrote:If that were the case Zach Blanton of Hazard would have been on the team. I don't know what they use for the selection process, but any way they went about it Blanton should have been 1A player of the year.

As I said earlier in this thread Zach Blanton had 1,282 yards rushing and didn't even get honorable mention running back, some of the other honorable mention backs didn't have a thousand yards. I know they (WYMT) have a lot of players to choose from but there has to be a mistake. I would like for rock19701 to give us an explanation as to why Zach was over looked or didn't deserve the recognition.
Congratulations to all the bears picked
I agree Blanton or Combs should have been 1A player of the year!!
i would like to give congrats to chris maggard RB leslie co.for making honorable mention and LB john brewer but i think brewer should of made one team at least did they get to see this kid play.
Jon Brewer should have been 1st TEAM DEFENSE.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:As I said earlier in this thread Zach Blanton had 1,282 yards rushing and didn't even get honorable mention running back, some of the other honorable mention backs didn't have a thousand yards.

Everyone had 1000 yards except for 2 belfry kids and they were deserving with both getting 800-900 yards and 22 combined TDs
NOt sure why either of those kids from the class "A" state champion Bulldogs are not on the list. Leslie County kids are also deserving.

As for the Williamsburg bandwagon jumping though consider that So. QB Dalton Sizemore led the state in Class "A" total yardage and should have been first in passing if he had started the beginning of the season at QB and not got knocked out of the game against hazard in 2nd quarter were he was 12-20 for 163 yards. He did lead class "A" in passing yards and completions and scored 35 tds passing and running. Fr. WR Skyler Griffith was the top receiver in class "A" in TDs, Completions, and Yards plus he was second in the state in all classes. As for Fr. LB Jefferson Patrick he recorded 149 tackles 116 of which were solo and recovered 5 fumbles with an interception.

You could also make an argument for Stefan Lewis from Leslie who tied a school record with 7 ints.
Congrats to all, and those who didn't, keep your heads up and let your play on the field DO THE TALKING..GO BOBCATS
Congrats to all that made it!!!! For all those deserving, Keep giving it all on the field
and not play for the paper. It's the moments on the field that make the player not the
media. Enjoy every minute...
I Rule The World Wrote:I have a few gripes about the list myself.

I disagree with your 5th statement...As far as 2A player of the year goes..Go look at Roark's stats in 2A football, he is deserving being the number 1 QB in the state....and in a close 2nd would be Lucas Fields from Shelby Valley, who was the number 1 rusher in 2A football.
This may be a first time ever that another school in Floyd County has placed more kids on the list than Prestonsburg. Betsy Layne 5, P-burg 4, Allen Central 3 and South Floyd 1. Of which all of Prestonsburg's were only honorable mention. Both Betsy Layne and Allen Central had one player each on 1st team defense, South Floyd had one player 3rd team RB, Allen Central had one player 3rd team reciever.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I disagree with your 5th statement...As far as 2A player of the year goes..Go look at Roark's stats in 2A football, he is deserving being the number 1 QB in the state....and in a close 2nd would be Lucas Fields from Shelby Valley, who was the number 1 rusher in 2A football.

I agree that Roark was a special talent and had he been on a better team he may have been a top 5 QB in the state this year IMO. But Storm Wilson has been the best receiver in the WYMT coverage area over the past two seasons and is arguably the best player talent-wise in the coverage area. I'm not disappointed that Roark won it as he was a great talent and seemed to be a good kid, but Storm was the best player in the mountains in 2A, hands down.
Blake Shaeffer - Lawrence Co.
Jordan Wellman - Lawrence Co
Jacob Marcum – Lawrence Co

Way to go boys!