Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Ray Kasongo transferring to Oak Hill Academy
Dang, I'm so confused.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'll believe what's said about any of it when I see him suit up in one jersey or the other this fall
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
^Well put.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don't know how true it is, but I have a family member who went to ER, and knew Ray. She said he posted on Facebook about going to Oak Hill, I don't know how true that is, I don't have him as a friend on there, but take it for what its worth.
I have him as a friend and it don't say anything about it. He did say that he's been offered by DePaul and UCLA
Ray Kasongo is the same player whose AAU coach claimed he had an offer from Arizona, even though that proved to be false.
For your info Ray has an offer from Arizona,Depaul an Ucla he spoke with all coaches from all 3 schools this week.
i just wanna see him play.

anyone got a video?
As of right now, Ray Kasongo isn't going anywhere. That comes straight from him. Now that can always change, but as of right now, he told me he's not going anywhere.

Also, the above article got its school info from an AAU coach that mistakingly said he was going to Oak Hill. He thought about it hard, but ultimately decided against it. This is pretty much a second home for him.

You won't find more accurate info from anyone else, I'm pretty sure he knows what hes going to do a bit better than people on an Internet forum who don't even know him. There ya go.
Overrated Wrote:i just wanna see him play.

anyone got a video?

I have plenty of video of him and the entire team. Working on a highlight vid, just so damn busy. When I get it finished, I'll hit you up.
I know this will be asked a lot, but with LeMaster gone from ER will that change if Ray or Tony for that matter come back to ER next season?
In my opinion, that could make every kid question their dedication to the team and school, not just Ray and Tony. IMO, it could factor in, but ultimately I don't think it will. The only real reason that would factor into a decision for any good basketball player, not just these two, is how could they improve their chances of capturing their dream. That's what it really comes down to.
Is he leaving ER?
Unless the kid changes his attitude and grows up a little bit, he won't be able to play in the NAIA. All the talent it takes but no mental capacity to make it at the major D-1 level. Just my opinion though. However I do think that coach Steve Smith and Oak Hill Academy would be the best move for him to excel, rather then ending up playing at Georgetown or somewhere.
VoR_58 Wrote:Unless the kid changes his attitude and grows up a little bit, he won't be able to play in the NAIA. All the talent it takes but no mental capacity to make it at the major D-1 level. Just my opinion though.

I agree with what your saying, but he already has an offer from DePaul
This kid has a D-1 body and his ability around the rim is great also.
I completely agree he has the talent and ability to receive offers and play at the D-1 level easily. And I hope he does. I'm just saying that he won't unless he changes for the better mentally. A coach at a D-1 school will not tolerate all the bullcrap for the most part. Theyll just go find someone else to replace him. Thats why all these really good players like him transferr to places like Georgetown and UPike and Cumberlands, etc..
I don't know how these people think this kid is a stand out. He play very lazy, acts like he is hurt, only plays when he thinks he can get a dunk, and crys about every call. Shane Hall made him look like a grade school player in the finals last year. I watched him play vs. Mingo this summer and he never scored and air balled 2 free throws.
Something tells me it's about to hit the fan..
^According to many ER homers, he's going to be at ER next year.
#BBFL
It's not happening. Closed.