Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. 28 North Laurel 21
hoops_town Wrote:Careful.....West 80 and Jagswag will be telling you how foolish you are for such a post.

Hoops I agree with NL having a tougher schedule, however, we have not had a winning season since 2004. Through 7 games thus far this year we have played three outstanding teams and have been in the game two out of the three. Yes we have losses in all three games, but, this is a very young team. Cris Larkey in his fourth season at NL has done an outstanding job with this program overall. The JV and Freshman teams are very good and it looks promising for the future. Thus, I hope are schedule is stronger next year and the following years, but, this team was not ready to play all powerhouses. The need to improve against good teams is there and it is time to add a couple more to our schedule. Saying that NL is on the RISE is what I see week to week. This team that has just a couple of seniors playing regulary is improving with every snap of the ball. I would personally like to see Whitley on our schedule next season. We might even get to play them down the road this year. First we must win our remaining games.
THE X FACTOR Wrote:if i was the nelson kid i think id transfer unless they look to be good next year. the kid in an animal and needs some more recognition

Its people like you that make high school athletics sickening to some degree. I guess since your from Perry though that makes it alright since it happens there a bunch.
Nelson is a great kid and has a great supporting cast, he does not do it all by himself, far from it.

North is in great shape, this same bunch of kids started last year as 10th graders and lost four close heartbreaking games that could have improved there record to 7-8 wins. This year they are all juniors and are pretty good, still lost two real close games they had a chance to win. North is just snakebitten a little bit, they are a good team with zero past but things are changing up on the hill with excellent 9th grade team and undefeated Jv I think. North only loses 2 seniors this season too, so everyone is back,

Take your recruiting talk elsewhere, Laurel County as a whole has always been a place for stalkers from Whitley County area teams and Perry Co.
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:Its people like you that make high school athletics sickening to some degree. I guess since your from Perry though that makes it alright since it happens there a bunch.
Nelson is a great kid and has a great supporting cast, he does not do it all by himself, far from it.

North is in great shape, this same bunch of kids started last year as 10th graders and lost four close heartbreaking games that could have improved there record to 7-8 wins. This year they are all juniors and are pretty good, still lost two real close games they had a chance to win. North is just snakebitten a little bit, they are a good team with zero past but things are changing up on the hill with excellent 9th grade team and undefeated Jv I think. North only loses 2 seniors this season too, so everyone is back,

Take your recruiting talk elsewhere, Laurel County as a whole has always been a place for stalkers from Whitley County area teams and Perry Co.

By Whitley County, you mean Corbin?
It doesnt seem to be helping them much.
I cant ever remember a transfer that came to Whitley from South Laurel, and if they did, they must have not played football.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:By Whitley County, you mean Corbin?
It doesnt seem to be helping them much.
I cant ever remember a transfer that came to Whitley from South Laurel, and if they did, they must have not played football.

By Whitley County AREA teams I mean Laurel County schools have been raped of athletes by surrounding schools since the 90s that i Know of maybe sooner. Im not acusing either side or school but its a fact that abunch of athletes from South and North go to other areea mountain schools a whole lot.
^
If you think Laurel County schools have been ripped of players, look at the Whitley boys alone that won Corbin A LOT of football games.