•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana?
TheRealThing Wrote:IDK, I heard that the authorities said they couldn't regulate the amount of drugs pouring in across the border, LOL. I guess you went around and talked to those mean old drug cartel Hombres down there and they are all on board with this stuff, right? :eyeroll: In spite of all the rhetoric, from the DEA, ATF or the ICE , this Obama edition of the DOJ can't regulate drug traffic, or the drug traffickers, and haven't been able to for some time now. But, I will admit, if anybody can just blow la-la land into place, nobody could compete with the likes of this administration. :biggrin:
Here's a hint: If it was legal it would be grown in America. There would be no drug traffic. I know you're old, but you aren't stupid.
TheRealVille Wrote:Here's a hint: If it was legal it would be grown in America. There would be no drug traffic. I know you're old, but you aren't stupid.

Only in your mind RV.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Only in your mind RV.
No, only in your mind would there be drug traffic into a regulated America. There wouldn't be a market for drug trafficking. You see, your boys classified marijuana with heroin, and above even cocaine. There has never been a weed overdose, can we say the same for alcohol and other drugs, even prescribed drugs? The truth is, the war on drugs hasn't worked, and will only get worse. If your guys had recognized that years ago, and let people smoke their weed legally, you wouldn't have this mess that isn't working. You, and your ilk have given rise to the prescription pill problem we are fighting right now. The good news is, your generation are leaving, and we can move on. It's sad to have to say it, but it's true. Until the 50's kids are gone, the drug war will continue to be a losing battle. I'd bet if weed were legal for the last 30 years, we wouldn't have this drug problem.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, only in your mind would there be drug traffic into a regulated America. There wouldn't be a market for drug trafficking. You see, your boys classified marijuana with heroin, and above even cocaine. There has never been a weed overdose, can we say the same for alcohol and other drugs, even prescribed drugs? The truth is, the war on drugs hasn't worked, and will only get worse. If your guys had recognized that years ago, and let people smoke their weed legally, you wouldn't have this mess that isn't working. You, and your ilk have given rise to the prescription pill problem we are fighting right now. The good news is, your generation are leaving, and we can move on. It's sad to have to say it, but it's true. Until the 50's kids are gone, the drug war will continue to be a losing battle. I'd bet if weed were legal for the last 30 years, we wouldn't have this drug problem.

Well, at least you have hit on something that is important. The dreamers of your ilk are notorious for letting their imaginations run away with them. Matter of fact, that is likely the default setting for most of you guys. You don't realize all that you lack with regard to experience, typical greenhorns thinking you know all that is necessary to make policy decisions which will guide something as profound as the direction of this nation. The depths of your naivity are revealed when you make posts on national defense and the like. Hey, I bet if Nancy Pelosi had just taken somebody like you with her, the PLO would have been more than ready to sign a peace agreement with Israel. No, I disagree with you, I believe as a nation we sorely miss the wisdom of the Henry Hydes and the Howard Bakers. Now, with chip monks like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi at the helm we more resemble a ship of fools than a ship of state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ How has the Nixon, Reagan war on drugs worked out? Wink Enlighten me how much better off we are with your type of guys' thinking?
TheRealVille Wrote:^ How has the Nixon, Reagan war on drugs worked out? Wink Enlighten me how much better off we are with your type of guys' thinking?

Not much point if you missed everything in my last post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Not much point if you missed everything in my last post.
What does that have to do with the failed war on drugs your guys waged?
TheRealVille Wrote:No, only in your mind would there be drug traffic into a regulated America. There wouldn't be a market for drug trafficking. You see, your boys classified marijuana with heroin, and above even cocaine. There has never been a weed overdose, can we say the same for alcohol and other drugs, even prescribed drugs? The truth is, the war on drugs hasn't worked, and will only get worse. If your guys had recognized that years ago, and let people smoke their weed legally, you wouldn't have this mess that isn't working. You, and your ilk have given rise to the prescription pill problem we are fighting right now. The good news is, your generation are leaving, and we can move on. It's sad to have to say it, but it's true. Until the 50's kids are gone, the drug war will continue to be a losing battle. I'd bet if weed were legal for the last 30 years, we wouldn't have this drug problem.
There you go again, RV. Talking about something you apparently know nothing about. The war on drugs has been a bipartisan effort. If you disagree, then lay it out for us. How did Republicans manage to wage a war on illegal drugs all by their lonesome. Before you start manufacturing more bogus facts, you might want to consider the real fact that Democrats controlled the House of Representatives for four full decades, which ended in 1994. Now let's hear how Republicans managed to pass laws against drug use without considerable help of Democrats over the years.

Do you read the nonsense that you post?
TheRealThing Wrote:Not much point if you missed everything in my last post.
I think that RV is just trying to waste your time again, TRT. Nobody could be stupid enough to give Republicans all of the blame (or all of the credit) for waging the long and unsuccessful war on drugs.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There you go again, RV. Talking about something you apparently know nothing about. The war on drugs has been a bipartisan effort. If you disagree, then lay it out for us. How did Republicans manage to wage a war on illegal drugs all by their lonesome. Before you start manufacturing more bogus facts, you might want to consider the real fact that Democrats controlled the House of Representatives for four full decades, which ended in 1994. Now let's hear how Republicans managed to pass laws against drug use without considerable help of Democrats over the years.

Do you read the nonsense that you post?
It was started by Nixon, and made bigger by Reagan. It really, doesn't matter though, those democrats, along with those republicans will be out of the way in a few years, and we can move on. The war on drugs hasn't worked, and if weed would have been legal, there wouldn't be as much need for all the other stuff, especially the "legal" prescription pills. Not to forget all the trafficking from out of the country.
TheRealVille Wrote:It was started by Nixon, and made bigger by Reagan. It really, doesn't matter though, those democrats, along with those republicans will be out of the way in a few years, and we can move on. The war on drugs hasn't worked, and if weed would have been legal, there wouldn't be as much need for all the other stuff, especially the "legal" prescription pills. Not to forget all the trafficking from out of the country.
Ok, now think this through before you get in over your head again. Republicans did not control the House during either the Nixon or the Reagan years. Whatever regulations are promulgated by the Executive branch must be based on laws passed by Congess and signed into law by the President. The Executive Branch enforces laws - it does not write them. Now, are you sure that you want to lay the entire war on drugs at the feet of Nixon and Reagan?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ok, now think this through before you get in over your head again. Republicans did not control the House during either the Nixon or the Reagan years. Whatever regulations are promulgated by the Executive branch must be based on laws passed by Congess and signed into law by the President. The Executive Branch enforces laws - it does not write them. Now, are you sure that you want to lay the entire war on drugs at the feet of Nixon and Reagan?
I said, at any rate the republicans and democrats from that era will be dead before long, and we can move forward. Even though you are on record as saying you would agree with legalizing weed, you look for any reason to disagree with me. I get it. At any rate, in 40 years America has spent 2.5 trillion dollars on the war on drugs, and it is obvious it isn't working. If weed had been legal, a lot of these other drugs would not be here for the average person. Like I said, people from the 50's will be gone soon enough, and America can move forward and try a new approach. It's obvious his generations approach isn't working.
I know your type Hoot, you think you are right about everything. It's ok, feel big all you want, you've always got TRT with the same mentality.
TheRealVille Wrote:I said, at any rate the republicans and democrats from that era will be dead before long, and we can move forward. Even though you are on record as saying you would agree with legalizing weed, you look for any reason to disagree with me. I get it. At any rate, in 40 years America has spent 2.5 trillion dollars on the war on drugs, and it is obvious it isn't working. If weed had been legal, a lot of these other drugs would not be here for the average person. Like I said, people from the 50's will be gone soon enough, and America can move forward and try a new approach. It's obvious his generations approach isn't working.
I am not disagreeing with you. I am correcting you. You cannot expect people to agree with you when you just make up your own facts to support your opinions.

Besides the fact that neither Nixon nor Reagan were able to work with a Republican Congress, the war on drugs continued unabated during the presidencies of Carter, Clinton, and Obama. Even during Obama's first term, federal agents raided marijuana dispensaries in California, which were operating in accordance with California laws.

Legalization will not solve our drug problems. I don't support legalization because I am stupid enough to want to partake. I have very little sympathy for drug addicts or regular users. I believe that if people want to engage in self-destructive behavior to prove the law of natural selection, then the government should let them - provided that they not take others down with them. It will be cheaper to let nature take its course than to keep the idiots in prison.
TheRealVille Wrote:I know your type Hoot, you think you are right about everything. It's ok, feel big all you want, you've always got TRT with the same mentality.
Yes, and I know your type, RV. Too lazy to think before you type and too little character to admit when you are wrong. This is just one more example. Thank you for playing. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that RV is just trying to waste your time again, TRT. Nobody could be stupid enough to give Republicans all of the blame (or all of the credit) for waging the long and unsuccessful war on drugs.

No point in discussing it with him, though every word spoken from the floor of congress since the earliest days has been recorded, apparently that record means nothing. Still, I can tell by the way his mind works there is no place for checks and balances in the world of his imagination.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No point in discussing it with him, though every word spoken from the floor of congress since the earliest days has been recorded, apparently that record means nothing. Still, I can tell by the way his mind works there is no place for checks and balances in the world of his imagination.
It's ok, when the 50's people get out of the way, or before, the rest of us will legalize weed. I don't think their plan has worked so well, but you keep skipping over that part. Wink Tell me again, how well are "you guys" are winning the war on drugs.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's ok, when the 50's people get out of the way, or before, the rest of us will legalize weed. I don't think their plan has worked so well, but you keep skipping over that part. Wink Tell me again, how well are "you guys" are winning the war on drugs.
Keep talking, RV. You are just embarrassing yourself. Republicans have had nothing to do with the enforcement of drug laws at the federal level since Obama took office, and he is definitely not one of us. The man who is keeping guys like you from legally enjoying your weed is the same guy who got your vote. Confusednicker:
A very serious question that I have to ask: What happens to the people in prison for selling pot if it ever becomes nationwide legal? Do they get released? They would be in prison for selling a legal substance.
I heard someone make a great point with the weed debate the other day. They said, it is not a matter of if, but when, it gets legalized. He said why don't we go ahead and legalize it.
Upon legalization, immediately make and enforce a law to the potency of it. Also make it illegal to lace it with anything. DOUBLE the existing laws on selling to children OR for a non-sanctioned company or person to sell it. ANYONE caught with non-sanctioned marijuana or growing for personal or commercial use without proper permits and licenses gets double fines and penalties.
If that doesn't happen, then why would anyone buy the weaker government version when they can continue buying the 'good' stuff from their current supplier?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Keep talking, RV. You are just embarrassing yourself. Republicans have had nothing to do with the enforcement of drug laws at the federal level since Obama took office, and he is definitely not one of us. The man who is keeping guys like you from legally enjoying your weed is the same guy who got your vote. Confusednicker:

Republicans have not had much to do with anything lately, have they hooty? Still crying about election night?:biglmao:
LWC Wrote:A very serious question that I have to ask: What happens to the people in prison for selling pot if it ever becomes nationwide legal? Do they get released? They would be in prison for selling a legal substance.
The law does not work that way. People who are in prison now had no legal right to sell drugs when they were convicted. Convictions for breaking the laws that were on the books would not simply disappear with the passage of a law making it legal. If you were caught driving 65 in a 55 mph zone and a week after you paid the fine, the limit was raised to 65, would you expect to receive a refund and have points against your license erased?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The law does not work that way. People who are in prison now had no legal right to sell drugs when they were convicted. Convictions for breaking the laws that were on the books would not simply disappear with the passage of a law making it legal. If you were caught driving 65 in a 55 mph zone and a week after you paid the fine, the limit was raised to 65, would you expect to receive a refund and have points against your license erased?

Thank you for answering the question.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Keep talking, RV. You are just embarrassing yourself. Republicans have had nothing to do with the enforcement of drug laws at the federal level since Obama took office, and he is definitely not one of us. The man who is keeping guys like you from legally enjoying your weed is the same guy who got your vote. Confusednicker:
What about the 36 years before Obama took office? Give him time, he is for legalizing weed. Wink You embarrass yourself every time you speak, because everybody here knows you think you have to be right about everything.
LWC Wrote:Thank you for answering the question.
:biggrin: The non criminal, weed people would be released, the prisons are over crowded to the max. Haven't you figured out that Hoot has to be right about every subject?
TheRealVille Wrote:What about the 36 years before Obama took office? Give him time, he is for legalizing weed. Wink
He had two years in which he controlled both the House and the Senate. If he wanted to legalize dope for you, then he would have done it. It looks like it was not quite the priority for him that it seems to be for you.

Like I said, Obama even had marijuana operations in California raided that were following state laws. I am through with you on this issue, RV. You can continue to repeat lies about Republicans being solely responsible for the war on drugs but no matter how many time that you say it, you will still be wrong.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:He had two years in which he controlled both the House and the Senate. If he wanted to legalize dope for you, then he would have done it. It looks like it was not quite the priority for him that it seems to be for you.

Like I said, Obama even had marijuana operations in California raided that were following state laws. I am through with you on this issue, RV. You can continue to repeat lies about Republicans being solely responsible for the war on drugs but no matter how many time that you say it, you will still be wrong.
Like I said, you are a know it all, and can't stand to be wrong.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's ok, when the 50's people get out of the way, or before, the rest of us will legalize weed. I don't think their plan has worked so well, but you keep skipping over that part. Wink Tell me again, how well are "you guys" are winning the war on drugs.

Don't look for that to be so soon. We'll be ready to roll in 2016 if there is anything recognizable left of the US. The 50's people are largely a healthy lot, and I expect their influence to remain viable for years to come. Lindsay Graham, Orin Hatch and those guys will be here for at least another decade and likely more. And before you get to crowing too loudly consider the following, which is a national (lower 48) map of the counties Romney actually won versus Obama

Click to enlarge
[attachment=o2721]

MAP LINK--- http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2012/

Things aren't quite as black for the republicans as you would like to think. I understand why the liberal mindset is potentially so destructive to the continuance of a free and sovereign America, but I am smart enough to recognize the importance of balance, the US is a center right people thus governance from the middle is essential to keep all but the loons from getting rowdy. The viability of our two party system is pivotal to the health of our land. A fact that escapes the loons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote::biggrin: The non criminal, weed people would be released, the prisons are over crowded to the max. Haven't you figured out that Hoot has to be right about every subject?
You seem to be determined to be wrong on every subject. Somebody has to be right. It might as well be me. Confusednicker:

There are both state and federal laws governing drug use. It is unlikely that all states would legalize drug use at the same time and a change to the federal drug laws would only apply to those who have been convicted of violating federal laws.
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I said, you are a know it all, and can't stand to be wrong.

Wink But smart enough to know the difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next