Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea becomes 3rd Kentucky city to offer domestic-partner benefits
vundy33 Wrote:I'm talking about gays in general. You forget so often that not everyone adheres to the same God we do man, or any God.

And you overstate how much it will cost. We could cut just one simple thing, like aid to Pakistan for example when they pretty openly help the enemy who fights us, and easily make up for anything we'd lose.

But I'm not for any kind of benefits until they're legally married.

You are exactly right, not everybody adheres to the same God we do. But, whether they do or not they will face Him at the judgement. And, America, has decleared herself to be a Christian nation umpteen thousands of times in all manner of documentation, and even if that were not true, citizens as late as the days of WWII and on into the days of the cold war, readily described themselves as Christian. Matter of fact, the vast majority of America to this day claim to be Christian; "More than three-quarters of Americans identify themselves as Christian, Gallup reports. Pollsters found that 78 percent of Americans identify with Christianity. Overall, more than 82 percent of Americans have a religious identity, with this percentage breakdown:" LINK http://www.chron.com/life/houston-belief...444092.php

That being the case, we should not be so naive to think that God will let us slide for declaring homosexuality legal in clear contravention to His stated purpose. And as for the cost, you know how uncle sam puts money through the shredder, it will cost a lot to impliment legalized homosexuality, and the benefits will cost billions. It's estimated that there are around 9 million gays in this land. Equal opportunity is snapping them up like grapes to work in government jobs, in fact, jobs across the board; " With 2 million people, the government is the largest employer in America and sets the tone for a lot of private companies. Its old anti-gay policies were copied by many of them. But now the government seems to be lagging behind. Industry giants, from Lockheed Martin to General Motors, have become models of same-sex partner benefits.

“The glass is a third full,” says Diego Sanchez, a transgender aide to Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) who leads a new group for LGBT employees called the Federal Equality Council. “We need to step up the pace.”
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-...s-movement

Like everything else to do with entitlements, it will get out of hand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BTW, is there anybody on here who has a firm grasp about what a transgender aide really is? Face it, the hallowed halls are filling up with characters even the circus wouldn't hire. :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harbinger?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:All I ever hear, especially on here, is about how the bible shouldn't be discussed, used, or what not, when marriage comes straight out of the bible!

The gays have there civil "unions", thats good enough. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Its that simple. Its just another law these crazy lunatics in office are trying to change.

Marriage was also around before the bible Gut.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Marriage was also around before the bible Gut.

Right, put a different way. God spoke with Adam, the first of his creation. He spoke on a number of occassions with all the prophets. He spoke extensively with Moses who authored the first 5 books of the Old Testament 3,500 years ago under God's own direction. The Bible as it exists today, was completed 1,500 years after Moses wrote the books of Genesis through Deuteronomy, by the Apostle John on the Isle of Patmos. God ordained the institution of marriage, one man and one woman before He had even created Eve.

Genesis 2:18-25 (KJV)
18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

There was never a time when man was amino acids, all a-swirl in a puddle, poised to begin a journey toward manhood, in a sort of eco-lottery Darwin dubbed Evolution. There was never a time God allowed man to live alone through aeons of time, unaccountable in the backwash of history. God's word was passed down from generation to generation by the spoken word until such time as Moses authored the first five books of the Bible. After that, priests preserved and taught God's Word until Christ died for all men on the cross. And, his disciple John finnished His perfect and Holy Word.

We are accountable to Him. And we will answer for changing what He said in the Bible. Revelation 22:18 (KJV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Liberal legislators and activist judges beware, homosexuality is wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I didn't say it was wrong. Are gay people picketing that straight people should not be allowed to be married?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I didn't say it was wrong. Are gay people picketing that straight people should not be allowed to be married?

I don't know where you were going with that but, did you not say the following? "Marriage was also around before the bible Gut." I merely pointed out that God's very first reference to woman's role here on this planet was that she was to be the wife of man. As soon as Adam awoke from the process of God having made Eve, God said she was to be Adam's wife, those were God's first words about woman. God is the One who said homosexuallity is wrong. And, He is the One who established the instituition of marriage and subsequently the family. Later it was He who pronounced swift and sure judgement on those who would defile themselves by committing the sin of homosexuality. People who disagree with that have a problem with God, not people like me who point out what He has said about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I don't know where you were going with that but, did you not say the following? "Marriage was also around before the bible Gut." I merely pointed out that God's very first reference to woman's role here on this planet was that she was to be the wife of man. As soon as Adam awoke from the process of God having made Eve, God said she was to be Adam's wife, those were God's first words about woman. God is the One who said homosexuallity is wrong. And, He is the One who established the instituition of marriage and subsequently the family. Later it was He who pronounced swift and sure judgement on those who would defile themselves by committing the sin of homosexuality. People who disagree with that have a problem with God, not people like me who point out what He has said about it.

Still doesnt change the fact that there was marriages before the bible was written.
But also doesnt take into account that the scriptures were around for over 1,000 yrs before the bible was put together.
Point i was making. Was someone said it came directly from the bible.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Still doesnt change the fact that there was marriages before the bible was written.
But also doesnt take into account that the scriptures were around for over 1,000 yrs before the bible was put together.
Point i was making. Was someone said it came directly from the bible.

LOL, well I think God had His bases covered since He performed the marriage ceremony between the first two inhabitants on the planet. I took Gut's point to mean that the instituition of marriage was set up by God. The Bible initlially was "put together" Moses. His first five books were used extensively by priests to lead the people and were then added to by other prophets writing the remaining books over the course of the next 1,500 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, well I think God had His bases covered since He performed the marriage ceremony between the first two inhabitants on the planet. I took Gut's point to mean that the instituition of marriage was set up by God. The Bible initlially was "put together" Moses. His first five books were used extensively by priests to lead the people and were then added to by other prophets writing the remaining books over the course of the next 1,500 years.
Did he go "downhill" when he created Neanderthals?
Ill put it real simple as to why i know being gay is wrong.....

That hole was made to poop out of. Its that simple.
TheRealVille Wrote:Did he go "downhill" when he created Neanderthals?

We've been through this before. There is no evidence in the fossil record to support the existence of Neanderthals. I will give it to you on one thing though, contrived evidence and conjecture certainly do abound.

If it were not just theory. Those looking for an alternative to creation would be lording their incontravertable evidence around in grand fashion. A tooth does not a neanderthal make. No, they are far short of proving a thing except that they are desperate to succeed in their quest but, God will still be there waiting for them. I believe everybody knows down deep that God is there waiting, He made sure that all men are aware of Him; Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

James 2:19 (KJV)
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:We've been through this before. There is no evidence in the fossil record to support the existence of Neanderthals. I will give it to you on one thing though, contrived evidence and conjecture certainly do abound.

If it were not just theory. Those looking for an alternative to creation would be lording their incontravertable evidence around in grand fashion. A tooth does not a neanderthal make. No, they are far short of proving a thing except that they are desperate to succeed in their quest but, God will still be there waiting for them. I believe everybody knows down deep that God is there waiting, He made sure that all men are aware of Him; Romans 1:20 (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

James 2:19 (KJV)
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8
TheRealVille Wrote:http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8

You gonna take all your google re's to the Lord's judgement bar with you. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You gonna take all your google re's to the Lord's judgement bar with you. :biggrin:
Believing whatever you want, to get you through life and death is fine by me, but the only bar I will be going to is a tiki bar. :biggrin:
TheRealThing Wrote:That being the case, we should not be so naive to think that God will let us slide for declaring homosexuality legal in clear contravention to His stated purpose.

"Us"? You know better than to think God will punish us all for the acts of a single government man, lol.
vundy33 Wrote:"Us"? You know better than to think God will punish us all for the acts of a single government man, lol.

In the paraphrased words of Pogo; "We have met the government and it is us"
You remember. it's that passe notion penned and delivered at Gettysburg by Abe Lincoln? "and that government of the people, by the people, for the people" We were a republic the last time I checked, you really saying you don't think God will hold us responsible for electing people/legislators to high office that openly run on platforms which include the support and propagation for social programs like the homosexual agenda and the pro-choice agenda? Believe me, the blood of 55 million innocents will be on our heads, as will the responsibility for passing man made laws that directly contradict God's laws in declaring the homosexual lifestyle an acceptably alternate lifestyle. That means we taxpayers now pay for government oversight, statutes and regulation, and of course benefits.

That rationale sounds like the defense Hermann Goering used in the Nuremberg Trials. According to him, he was innocent of all charges due to the fact he was only following Hitler's orders. I'd say in this day of ambiguity that defense would likely work but, in that day, prosecutors laughed about it. Any way you slice it, Americans cannot dodge the responsibility for decisions and laws those in high office make in view of the fact that, every two years 33 US senators are up for reelection, representatives in the House have to run every two years, and of course the president every 4 years. We are never more than two years away from a good flushing, if we need one. Votes count, and for the Christian especially, they mean a lot more than you seem to think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]