Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 66 - Cordia 60, 53rd District Championship.
I can't believe you guys are shocked Rhodes can't coach. He can barely spell! Name recognition is paying his bills, and a few other Commonwealth coaches.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Two things, first Knott is well coached and they figured out how to get good shot opportunities with that box-n-1 defense. So the turning point for Cordia I believe was when Cordia started the 2nd half with man2man, that defense and pressure they had on Knott got them back in the game.

Second, Cordia missed 8 layups to Knott's 4 or 5. 16 points, that could have helped win the game for the Lions.

I say this, one of these teams is getting a dream draw and the other is getting a bad one. Can't wait to see who plays who in region!

Knott well coached that is a joke they are the one that lost the 18 point lead. I think Rhodes had a little something to do with come back putting his player in a position to win. Get real wall2wall. Knott by far is the better team and playing own their own floor also, I think Rhodes did a great job tonight
I love watching the Justice kid play---I watched him at Lex Catholic and was impressed by his composure and shooting ability--he will be fun to keep an eye on the next two years
BoondockSaint Wrote:I can't believe you guys are shocked Rhodes can't coach. He can barely spell! Name recognition is paying his bills, and a few other Commonwealth coaches.

Who said we were shocked? Just trying to be a little diplomatic about the situation.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Rhodes can coach, I just think his skills are average. It's great they came back...

All for nothing if you don't seal the deal.
Nice win for the Pats. Cordia has a nice team and will be a tough out in the region. Rhodes came out with his box and 1 and to the credit of Knott the other kids stepped up and jumped out to a huge lead. Cordia made some shots toward end of the half and got back in the game. I thought the turning point of the game was when Knott was up about 14 or 15 and Rhodes threw a tantrum and really shook up the ref. The rest of the game the calls went the way of Cordia and they got by with murder both under the goal and out on the floor man handling Justice. Rhodes should have been tossed but he wasnt. Cam Justice showed tonight he was the best player on the floor and I will say the kid from Cordia is a nice player but I personally dont see big time D1 talent there. I have watched him a few times and he makes some great plays but his size is the difference in him being top notch D1.
I think most of these schools are looking at him as a 4 year backup imo, or maybe potential since he is young for his grade
Just seen where Seton Hall will be sending there head coach for regionals
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't get me wrong...
The Pats won this game and were the better team.

I'm just saying that they were in a situation in which the worst case scenario for the Lions was overtime and they lost in regulation.

Like I said - it is what it is.
I was just making mention of a huge missed opportunity.

I gotcha. The opportunity was there, I had to take it.
Owootoah reminds me of Archie Goodwin...
Downtown10 Wrote:Owootoah reminds me of Archie Goodwin...
Plays like Archie and looks like Spud Webb. Size really going to hamper this kid. He could really be a player if he were 6"1 or bigger
Brother Cecil Wrote:Who said we were shocked? Just trying to be a little diplomatic about the situation.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

Ah, diplomacy is for the weak. I call a spade a spade.

I was in college at the same time Rhodes was and everybody who was knows that ACT scores didn't apply in his acceptance to UK. It surprises me none that he makes questionable coaching decisions.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I thought the turning point of the game was when Knott was up about 14 or 15 and Rhodes threw a tantrum and really shook up the ref. The rest of the game the calls went the way of Cordia and they got by with murder both under the goal and out on the floor man handling Justice. Rhodes should have been tossed but he wasnt.

Were we watching the same game? Just to play devil's advocate; on fouls called midways through the 3rd fouls were 8 to 1 in favor on Knott Lulu, Owotooah, King all had four fouls in the game and two of which sat the end of the third and the first 3 minutes or so of the fourth.

Now, on the play your are commenting on where Rhodes went nuts he had every right to. Owotooah got DESTROYED on a blind screen and they called a foul on him how in the heck that works will never stop to amaze me. Really wish I had that play on film one of the worst calls I think I have ever seen and I've watched ALOT of basketball.
Some things I've taken from watching Knott play this year.

Hall is the best all around player Knott has and I enjoy watching him play more than any other play on Knott's team. Easily had a double double tonight I would say. I know he had 15 points.

Cameron Justice could get away with highway robbery with 14th region refs and has mastered the art of flopping. Best acting skills in the mountains give the kid a grammy. Half of his points or more came from the free throw line. 6 or 9 from flopping after a defender put a hand in his face beyond the 3 point line. "Patrick Sparks"

Knott can not set a legal screen to save their lives every time they start stationary and the ride the defender. Only one call tonight was called an illegal screen and their entire offense runs through an on ball screen or double screen for Justice.

If you play them man and get up on them they will turn the ball over no true ball handler on the team.
Cordia blew this one.

They played much better matched up man to man which I did not expect although I felt all year they needed to press Knott.

Owotooah plays fast sees the floor well and is a true ball handler but until the kid realizes when to pass and not to pass he is going to continue to hurt his team in crucial periods of the game as see tonight.

Lulu impressed me tonight nailed a big three going into halftime and really controlled the game defensively for the Lions.

Missing easy layups killed Cordia tonight and forcing the issue early in the fourth put them in a bad position by taking bad shots and not allowing players to get in position to rebound.

As many have said biggest mistake was made by Emmanuel should have backed it back out once he beat Short on the dribble instead of taking the midrange jumper. However, that is what happens when you have no plays that you run besides that permitter weave.

Overall it was two of the most talented team in mountains with some of the least coaching.
Sit back and watch, home cooking in Hindman? How in the world the ref. had the gumption to call this I will never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6GbgXlO...e=youtu.be
Looks like a no call, excuses though , the best team won
bradc Wrote:Looks like a no call, excuses though , the best team won

Wouldn't call either team better than the other pretty evenly matched. It is not an excuse just shows how blantent of a one sided game it was called.

If that looks like a no call to you, you're looking through Knott Central glasses. That is one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Good hard screen should of been a no call, I have no dog in the fight but beating a team 4 times tells me who is the better team
I guess the refs cheated 4 times, it's a big conspiracy
bradc Wrote:I guess the refs cheated 4 times, it's a big conspiracy

By the way, I could care less who won or wins next week. And I"m not saying that the refs cheated. That was just a terrible call.
bradc Wrote:I guess the refs cheated 4 times, it's a big conspiracy

Never said cheated just said blatently called one sided there is a difference cheated is when you get paid under the table. Now granted I may be mistaking but I know one of the refs called all four games maybe all 3. :biglmao:
bradc Wrote:Good hard screen should of been a no call, I have no dog in the fight but beating a team 4 times tells me who is the better team

I absolutely agree I have no problem with a good hard screen, but calling that a defensive foul is just awful. Guy shouldn't be a ref IMHO.

I would nearly be ashamed to be these refs and to go back and watch the tape I would say nearly 30 or 40 missed calls on both sides of the isle.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Some things I've taken from watching Knott play this year.

Hall is the best all around player Knott has and I enjoy watching him play more than any other play on Knott's team. Easily had a double double tonight I would say. I know he had 15 points.

Cameron Justice could get away with highway robbery with 14th region refs and has mastered the art of flopping. Best acting skills in the mountains give the kid a grammy. Half of his points or more came from the free throw line. 6 or 9 from flopping after a defender put a hand in his face beyond the 3 point line. "Patrick Sparks"

Knott can not set a legal screen to save their lives every time they start stationary and the ride the defender. Only one call tonight was called an illegal screen and their entire offense runs through an on ball screen or double screen for Justice.

If you play them man and get up on them they will turn the ball over no true ball handler on the team.

I agree with everything you said. Justice gets by with a lot of hooks too. The rule book says that if you flop like justice does all of the time that the refs are suppose to call a technical foul. Maybe if they would do that it would stop. But everybody knows that justice is going to get every call and that is sad.

Looks like a no call. Are you blind. The knott player extended both arms as soon as owootoah made contact. Do you know anything about basketball. What is funny is I knew the ref that made the bad call before I seen the video. And if people think the 14th region refs are bad wait until you play in the region and get the 15th region refs especially when knott county plays.
The young ref is probably the best I have seen in the 14th region he is as fair as it gets and dont take no crap lol... Give Rhodes credit he is a good coach people that don't have nothing better to do just try to find reasons why he's not nobody saying he's the best he's just started.... Tonight down 18 points and then was right in the game so he probably had something to do with it.... This coach tries hard to win just like any other coach and is dedicated to win.... The only reason Rhodes did not get a technical is more than likely that ref knew he made a mistake and just let it go just my opinion.... Knott co central is clearly the better team and proved it tonight how about hall what a game and cameron justice the best player in eastern Kentucky my opinion.... Owootoah had a great game I seen we're someone posted he had 24 points in 24 shots in what I took a negative way give the kid credit he put up 24 shots so I guess he supposed to have so many more points its not like it was all easy lay ups he is the best point guard around he is fast with the ball he has a good shot and knows how to drive to the goal..... I thought besides that one ridiculous call it was a good call game by the refs they let the boys play it out and be aggressive.... Good luck to both teams in the region
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Some things I've taken from watching Knott play this year.

Lol I agree about the flopping situations he can draw the fouls... Hall kid is a good player but not a better all around player than cameron justice.... Cameron is a good ball handler also and can take over a game as good as any one in the state
BoondockSaint Wrote:I can't believe you guys are shocked Rhodes can't coach. He can barely spell! Name recognition is paying his bills, and a few other Commonwealth coaches.

How do you know he can barely spell? I didnt know you had to spell to coach....Sounds like you got a personal problem with this coach lol
That is why players are taught to call out screens. 0 did not see it coming and no one told him, kcc player braced himself mostly but his hands were high making it worse. It was definitely not at cordia foul, prob a no call. Rhodes should have been on another player instead of ref nothing you can do about them. How many times have we heard "call out the screen, your going to get your teammate kill!"?