Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will be the Next Coach At Whitley County?
Olred Wrote:I just heard it today earlier... It's very surprising to me that they did not really open this up and try and get the best coach available. I'm not trying to mean as I think he is a nice person and have nothing against him, but this should be one of the better jobs in the region.

It should, but its just another thing that makes us take two steps backwards.
My guess is he'll coach until Hallie graduates and if hes not successful, will quit and we'll be left to do it again.

They kept this one pretty hush hush. From everything i was told, it was going to be one of two people and it looks like they got the knock for Jones.

Until the entire B.O.E. is wiped clean and started over, which isnt going to happen, your always gonna have this type of thing happen.

But ill support the lady colonels and hope they get to Bowling Green next year.
VERY good team coming back, and there all use to him so it wont be much of a transition, so hopefully things will go smoothly.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It should, but its just another thing that makes us take two steps backwards.
My guess is he'll coach until Hallie graduates and if hes not successful, will quit and we'll be left to do it again.

They kept this one pretty hush hush. From everything i was told, it was going to be one of two people and it looks like they got the knock for Jones.

Until the entire B.O.E. is wiped clean and started over, which isnt going to happen, your always gonna have this type of thing happen.

But ill support the lady colonels and hope they get to Bowling Green next year.
VERY good team coming back, and there all use to him so it wont be much of a transition, so hopefully things will go smoothly.

Doesn't he have a member of the family on the Board?
I am going against the grain on this one. I think that Jones is a good hire, and could have done a good job on the boys side if it had not been for circumstances keeping him from coaching in the past.

I think that he will be a new level of worth ethic to the team, and has a good knowledge of the game and district and region. He will have a good staff which I think will be on the same page with him. Intensity will not be a problem for the upcoming team.

I say get behind the new coach and can the negative stuff, if you are a parent and want to be negative, I am sure everyone knows where the door is....and how to use it.

Go Lady Colonels!!!
BOE does not hire coaches.
E's Army Wrote:BOE does not hire coaches.

They do have influence though.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:I am going against the grain on this one. I think that Jones is a good hire, and could have done a good job on the boys side if it had not been for circumstances keeping him from coaching in the past.

I think that he will be a new level of worth ethic to the team, and has a good knowledge of the game and district and region. He will have a good staff which I think will be on the same page with him. Intensity will not be a problem for the upcoming team.

I say get behind the new coach and can the negative stuff, if you are a parent and want to be negative, I am sure everyone knows where the door is....and how to use it.
Go Lady Colonels!!!
If I was a parent of some of these girls....I would do exactly that!!! Enough Said....:igiveup:
Wizzard is worried about guard play, and he should be, with the graduation of a great point in Powers. I don't care how good the other four are, if you can't handle the ball and get it up the floor against pressure then you are not going to score very many.

I think that any good student (coach) of the game understands the concept of having good guards who can penetrate and dish the ball to the open player(s). I look forward to seeing the new staff get the girls in the gym for open gym and see the changes. I would like to see a 4 out, 1 in set. I look forward to seeing the new zone offense. You can bet that ball handling skills will be at a premium regardless of you position on the floor.

Congrats to the Donnie Jones and staff...Looking forward to the season already!!!
SEKYFAN Wrote:Doesn't he have a member of the family on the Board?

Yes.
Joe Jones. Hes got to be pushing 80.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They do have influence though.

I have seen this work 2 ways
1. BOE that cracks the whip and makes the Super do what they want Whitley
2. BOE in which is dominated by the Super and he does what he wants Wburg

:truestory:
topnotch Wrote:I have seen this work 2 ways
1. BOE that cracks the whip and makes the Super do what they want Whitley
2. BOE in which is dominated by the Super and he does what he wants Wburg

:truestory:

#2 Would apply to Whitley.
Congrats to Coach Jones. He has put in his time and deserves a shot.
Are they going to have any teaching jobs open next year.
"My sources tell me that is doubtful"----the Magic 8 Ball