Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Obama ban knifes now?
TheRealVille Wrote:Where did I say it was ok?

how are we to know she wasn't talking about the assault weapons they had just banned?

She was clearly referring to guns TRV. and the wording of your statement suggests that you would be ok with a forced turn in of assault weapons, which will then lead to a forced turn in of handguns per the plan of HCI. I know you like to blindly support any liberal position and love to troll us but there is no way any American with the least respect for the constitution can be cool with this. I bet when Bush passed the patriot act you where outraged by all of the 4a violations where is the same liberal outrage over the willful desecration of the 2a.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote: how are we to know she wasn't talking about the assault weapons they had just banned?

She was clearly referring to guns TRV. and the wording of your statement suggests that you would be ok with a forced turn in of assault weapons, which will then lead to a forced turn in of handguns per the plan of HCI. I know you like to blindly support any liberal position and love to troll us but there is no way any American with the least respect for the constitution can be cool with this. I bet when Bush passed the patriot act you where outraged by all of the 4a violations where is the same liberal outrage over the willful desecration of the 2a.
When you can show me the full uncut video of her early comments, where she was talking about taking something away, then get back to me. I could really care less whether they ban military style weapons, I don't see a need for a civilian to own a military weapon. When they try to ban handguns,shotguns, and hunting rifles, then I'll get excited. I've heard this "take you guns" BS for 40 years. You conservatives love to use this ploy every time a democrat is in office, and yet, no guns are ever taken.

BTW, I don't troll. I'm a liberal democrat, and will never agree with 90% of the stuff you all post, but that will never stop me from posting my thoughts, whether you like them or not.
^ you do know a military style weapon is only a cosmetic thing
nky Wrote:^ you do know a military style weapon is only a cosmetic thing
Yes. I guess I should qualify. I really mean clips that hold 30,50,100 rounds. Every hunting rifle I ever had, had a five round clip. I think that 5 rounds is even a law in KY for hunting. Maybe it's changed since I last hunted about 20 years ago, I don't know.

EDIT: After looking it up, 10 rounds is the limit for hunting rifles in KY.
http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?

Why ban a five shot 410 shotgun. Not really an assault weapon but is a revolver.
TheRealVille Wrote:When you can show me the full uncut video of her early comments, where she was talking about taking something away, then get back to me. I could really care less whether they ban military style weapons, I don't see a need for a civilian to own a military weapon. When they try to ban handguns,shotguns, and hunting rifles, then I'll get excited. I've heard this "take you guns" BS for 40 years. You conservatives love to use this ploy every time a democrat is in office, and yet, no guns are ever taken.

BTW, I don't troll. I'm a liberal democrat, and will never agree with 90% of the stuff you all post, but that will never stop me from posting my thoughts, whether you like them or not.

Maybe the fact that we have opposed this for 40 years is the reason it hasn't happened
the other guy Wrote:http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?

Why ban a five shot 410 shotgun. Not really an assault weapon but is a revolver.
I don't see a reason to ban it. But, you can't hunt with it, anyway. Care to show us her list with that on it? But, she is a CA democrat, I wouldn't put it past her.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes. I guess I should qualify. I really mean clips that hold 30,50,100 rounds. Every hunting rifle I ever had, had a five round clip. I think that 5 rounds is even a law in KY for hunting. Maybe it's changed since I last hunted about 20 years ago, I don't know.

30+ million rounds now that baby would be heavy..maybe I could mount it on my tank:Thumbs:
the other guy Wrote:Maybe the fact that we have opposed this for 40 years is the reason it hasn't happened
No, it's that the 2nd will never be overturned. It's a political tool for you guys. Let TRT school you on how hard it would be to overturn an amendment.
TheRealVille Wrote:When you can show me the full uncut video of her early comments, where she was talking about taking something away, then get back to me. I could really care less whether they ban military style weapons, I don't see a need for a civilian to own a military weapon. When they try to ban handguns,shotguns, and hunting rifles, then I'll get excited. I've heard this "take you guns" BS for 40 years. You conservatives love to use this ploy every time a democrat is in office, and yet, no guns are ever taken.

Ask the aussies how this went for them, or the brits, or the majority of Europe. The thing is when it comes to gun control we have facts and history on our side you have emotional arguments with no factual support.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, it's that the 2nd will never be overturned. It's a political tool for you guys. Let TRT school you on how hard it would be to overturn an amendment.

If you keep chipping away at it till it is no longer what the founders meant then isn't that exactly the same as overturning it?
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes. I guess I should qualify. I really mean clips that hold 30,50,100 rounds. Every hunting rifle I ever had, had a five round clip. I think that 5 rounds is even a law in KY for hunting. Maybe it's changed since I last hunted about 20 years ago, I don't know.

Show me where the founding fathers meant the 2a for hunting.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't see a reason to ban it. But, you can't hunt with it, anyway. Care to show us her list with that on it? But, she is a CA democrat, I wouldn't put it past her.

Read her bill shotguns with revolving cylinders are named as being banned. Also a lot of her bill is let's say open for interpretation. And some things just don't make sense a marlin camp 9 carbine is OK but a Hi-Point carbine is not they are the same basic gun, 9mm with 10 round clip.
the other guy Wrote:Read her bill shotguns with revolving cylinders are named as being banned. Also a lot of her bill is let's say open for interpretation. And some things just don't make sense a marlin camp 9 carbine is OK but a Hi-Point carbine is not they are the same basic gun, 9mm with 10 round clip.
I don't know. Like I said, she is a CA democrat, I wouldn't put anything past her.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, it's that the 2nd will never be overturned. It's a political tool for you guys. Let TRT school you on how hard it would be to overturn an amendment.

Don't have to overturn it just regulate and tax it to death.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't know. Like I said, she is a CA democrat, I wouldn't put anything past her.

Like I have said you have people wanting to regulate away one of our most basic freedoms, the freedom that started the revolutionary war, the freedom that won the battle of new Orleans, who don't know shit about what they are regulating. Serious question trv if this was the 1st 4th or 5th amendment they were destroying would you be ok with it?
the other guy Wrote:Read her bill shotguns with revolving cylinders are named as being banned. Also a lot of her bill is let's say open for interpretation. And some things just don't make sense a marlin camp 9 carbine is OK but a Hi-Point carbine is not they are the same basic gun, 9mm with 10 round clip.

The hi-point looks scary. that is why.
I'm not opposed to guns, I have many. I'm really not opposed to others having military style weapons, I just don't see a need for me to own one. I'm pretty sure the "ar 15 type" guns have a faster shooting capacity than a hunting rifle, coupled with high capacity magazines, could do tons more damage in a public setting. I'm not steadfast in this gun argument, I just go by what I feel I need. You guys go by what you think you want. I'm cool with that. I don't think we have any fruit loops on BGR that are going to go out and kill a bunch of innocents. I would more likely think everyone here would save innocents, so I have no problem with the guns you guys want to own.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Like I have said you have people wanting to regulate away one of our most basic freedoms, the freedom that started the revolutionary war, the freedom that won the battle of new Orleans, who don't know shit about what they are regulating. Serious question trv if this was the 1st 4th or 5th amendment they were destroying would you be ok with it?
When they come to get my guns, then I'll get excited. Like I said before, they're not coming. Could you imagine the carnage if the government came to get our guns, on both sides. It's a non issue to me.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Like I have said you have people wanting to regulate away one of our most basic freedoms, the freedom that started the revolutionary war, the freedom that won the battle of new Orleans, who don't know shit about what they are regulating. Serious question trv if this was the 1st 4th or 5th amendment they were destroying would you be ok with it?
Like I said, let TRT school you on what it would take to do away with an amendment. Better yet, just google it.

Well, before you get up too far on that high horse you might want to check and see what they've been doing in New York.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, before you get up too far on that high horse you might want to check and see what they've been doing in New York.
Can they still owns guns in NY?
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I said, let TRT school you on what it would take to do away with an amendment. Better yet, just google it.

So, you missed the part where Tigerfan said REGLATE away our most basic freedoms. No amendment repeal would be necessary as long as people continue to sit on their hands all wide eyed over these new laws headed their way with such passivity. They tried to use the EPA to ban lead ammo- through regulation. Now they're using medical info to come and seize guns. That's how it's going down in NY and, all that is necessary to get your guns is to get a judge to sign a paper. They could claim they had made a mistake, or there is some confusion for any reason whatever. But, your guns would be gone, adrift in the same liberal time continuum along with the Keystone Pipeline paperwork.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Can they still owns guns in NY?

Yeah and according to the news of late they can darn well come and take them away too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Can citizens that are legal to have guns, have them? Is the 2nd overturned in any of the 50 states? Get back to me when the right to keep and bear arms is done away with in any of the 50 states.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Can citizens that are legal to have guns, have them? Is the 2nd overturned in any of the 50 states? Get back to me when the right to keep and bear arms is done away with in any of the 50 states.

You're the one crowing about how conservatives don't know what they're talking about on the likelihood of gun seizure. The fact that they're doing just that up in NY bounced right off that hard head of yours. What difference would it make which authority agents cite when they show up at your door and tell you they're there to take your guns? Whether it's a repeal of the 2nd Amendment or article catch 22 of the ObamaCare bill (thousands of regs have yet to be inspired much less written in that one BTW)

Why would I bother to get back to you when we both know you'd never listen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:When they come to get my guns, then I'll get excited. Like I said before, they're not coming. Could you imagine the carnage if the government came to get our guns, on both sides. It's a non issue to me.

They don't have to come get them, just make it illegal for more and more groups to own weapons much like they want to do with veterans with ptsd.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Can citizens that are legal to have guns, have them? Is the 2nd overturned in any of the 50 states? Get back to me when the right to keep and bear arms is done away with in any of the 50 states.

The 2a says shall not be infringed read into that as you will
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The 2a says shall not be infringed read into that as you will
Are citizens that are legal to have them, that want them, got them? Are you saying you are ok with a citizen that is a felon, having a gun? Or, a non felon, that has an EPO against them?
TheRealThing Wrote:You're the one crowing about how conservatives don't know what they're talking about on the likelihood of gun seizure. The fact that they're doing just that up in NY bounced right off that hard head of yours. What difference would it make which authority agents cite when they show up at your door and tell you they're there to take your guns? Whether it's a repeal of the 2nd Amendment or article catch 22 of the ObamaCare bill (thousands of regs have yet to be inspired much less written in that one BTW)

Why would I bother to get back to you when we both know you'd never listen?
Show us where they are taking guns from citizens that legally have them?