Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County receives new guy in the transportation department
Everybody wants to talk smack about mountain teams and last time I checked the mountain teams have had a lot more sucess in the state tourney over the past 20 yrs than the Lexington schools. Only Lexington school to do anything in past decade is Catholic and thats back when they recruited. 15th region has brought home a couple state titles and the 13th region as well.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Everybody wants to talk smack about mountain teams and last time I checked the mountain teams have had a lot more sucess in the state tourney over the past 20 yrs than the Lexington schools. Only Lexington school to do anything in past decade is Catholic and thats back when they recruited. 15th region has brought home a couple state titles and the 13th region as well.

Not sure that's quite fair there, chief.

If you're talking Lexington ONLY, then you are limiting it to to just 8 total teams (Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Sayre, Tates Creek in ABC order).

While EKY gets to include 60-plus teams (at least 15 per region for Region 13, Region 14, Region 15, Region 16). Just talking about the 13th and 15th, that's 30 compared to 8.

So yeah, the 60+ should have a lot more success than the 8.

Let's see how the 11th Region (Lexington region) champ has done at State, shall we:

2013: Madison Central, 4-0, won state title
2012: Scott County, 3-1, lost in state championship
2011: Lexington Catholic, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2010: Scott County, 2-1, lost in state semifinals
2009: Lexington Catholic, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2008: Lexington Catholic, 2-1, lost in state semifinals
2007: Scott County, 4-0, won state title
2006: Madison Central, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2005: Henry Clay, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2004: Lafayette, 0-1, lost in first round to Scott County

That's at LEAST NINE STRAIGHT YEARS a Lexington team -- or a Lexington border team -- has advanced to the state quarterfinals. The ONLY time a Lexington team lost in the first round was 2004, when Lexington city team Lafayette lost to Lexington border team Scott County. So the only time a Lexington team failed to advance was because it played another Lexington team.

At the same time, you did NOT do yourself a favor by talking about Knott's big win over Henry Clay. As you can see, Henry Clay has NOT been a consistent contender on the state scene. One appearance in the last 10 years and was 2 and thru.

If anything, you actually HURT the respect for Knott.

Lexington is the 11th Region. If EKY gets to count two schools (Shelby Valley, South Laurel) in an effort to make the other 58+ EKY/Mountain schools look respectable, then Lexington at LEAST gets to count the 11th Region champ (since, you know, that's the region it plays in ... Lexington's not including 4-3-2 regions like you are).

In the last seven years, the Lexington region has two state titles, three championship game appearances, five final four appearances and is 7-for-7 in the first round.

Not sure you really want to compare the mountain schools to that, do you? You'd be better off comparing them to NKY, Bowling Green, Owensboro or WKY. But when you picked Lexington, you barked up the wrong tree. And you were way way way wrong when trying to say the mountains have had an equal level of success.

And NO, I'm not from Lexington. Or a Lexington border county. I'm more than an hour away. I'm closer to Louisville and Bowling Green than I am to Lexington.
cksportsfan Wrote:Not sure that's quite fair there, chief.

If you're talking Lexington ONLY, then you are limiting it to to just 8 total teams (Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Sayre, Tates Creek in ABC order).

While EKY gets to include 60-plus teams (at least 15 per region for Region 13, Region 14, Region 15, Region 16). Just talking about the 13th and 15th, that's 30 compared to 8.

So yeah, the 60+ should have a lot more success than the 8.

Let's see how the 11th Region (Lexington region) champ has done at State, shall we:

2013: Madison Central, 4-0, won state title
2012: Scott County, 3-1, lost in state championship
2011: Lexington Catholic, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2010: Scott County, 2-1, lost in state semifinals
2009: Lexington Catholic, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2008: Lexington Catholic, 2-1, lost in state semifinals
2007: Scott County, 4-0, won state title
2006: Madison Central, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2005: Henry Clay, 1-1, lost in quarterfinals
2004: Lafayette, 0-1, lost in first round to Scott County

That's at LEAST NINE STRAIGHT YEARS a Lexington team -- or a Lexington border team -- has advanced to the state quarterfinals. The ONLY time a Lexington team lost in the first round was 2004, when Lexington city team Lafayette lost to Lexington border team Scott County. So the only time a Lexington team failed to advance was because it played another Lexington team.

At the same time, you did NOT do yourself a favor by talking about Knott's big win over Henry Clay. As you can see, Henry Clay has NOT been a consistent contender on the state scene. One appearance in the last 10 years and was 2 and thru.

If anything, you actually HURT the respect for Knott.

Lexington is the 11th Region. If EKY gets to count two schools (Shelby Valley, South Laurel) in an effort to make the other 58+ EKY/Mountain schools look respectable, then Lexington at LEAST gets to count the 11th Region champ (since, you know, that's the region it plays in ... Lexington's not including 4-3-2 regions like you are).

In the last seven years, the Lexington region has two state titles, three championship game appearances, five final four appearances and is 7-for-7 in the first round.

Not sure you really want to compare the mountain schools to that, do you? You'd be better off comparing them to NKY, Bowling Green, Owensboro or WKY. But when you picked Lexington, you barked up the wrong tree. And you were way way way wrong when trying to say the mountains have had an equal level of success.

And NO, I'm not from Lexington. Or a Lexington border county. I'm more than an hour away. I'm closer to Louisville and Bowling Green than I am to Lexington.
Looks as if the 10th region as a whole has done rather well. Can't say the same about the 13, 14 regions the past ten years.
Knott has been to to the quarterfinals past couple yrs and why you listing that Henry Clay team from 05 since they arent very good as you said earlier in a post. I mentioned a Knott Co win over Henry Clay on Henry Clays home floor from last year and that was just laughed at. Well whatever you wanna say. I put it to you like this. We have about 6 division 1 recruits in eastern Ky and if you wanna just laugh at us you can just kiss our ass
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Looks as if the 10th region as a whole has done rather well. Can't say the same about the 13, 14 regions the past ten years.
Obviously your clueless because that the 11th region and not the 10th
KY Headhunter Wrote:Knott has been to to the quarterfinals past couple yrs and why you listing that Henry Clay team from 05 since they arent very good as you said earlier in a post. I mentioned a Knott Co win over Henry Clay on Henry Clays home floor from last year and that was just laughed at. Well whatever you wanna say. I put it to you like this. We have about 6 division 1 recruits in eastern Ky and if you wanna just laugh at us you can just kiss our ass

I said Knott had done well recently. As have Shelby Valley (champ) and South Laurel (champ). Perry and Elliott (if you count them as a mountain team) have too.

And you do have some quality recruits. Beverly, Johnson, Shane Hall, etc. A few more after that solid trio. I'm not hating on them. Those guys are serious ballers.

I listed Henry Clay in 05 because HC won it that year. I listed the 04 champ and the 06 champ -- no matter who they were. Did you just want me to skip over 05 and act like that year never existed?

My point about Henry Clay is this: They're not a super-power like you think they are. A win over Trinity (at least last two years), Ballard, Bullitt East (last 4 or so), Scott County (usually), LexCath (usually), Madison Central (last 2), etc., will get you more respect than saying "What about us? We beat Henry Clay!".

Henry Clay is Triple-A. Not a Major Leaguer like some other teams.

And if your best win is against a triple-A team and no one else, don't be shocked when people aren't calling you up to "The Show" to face major-league fastballs on a consistent basis. Just because you can do it OK during a 10-day callup because someone is in rehab doesn't mean you can handle it full time.

Just like no one cares if Ballard beats Whitefield or KCD or Evangel or Brown or Seneca or Southern or whoever, no one is gonna get goo-goo eyes whenever Knott or Perry beat some podunk mountain team by 20. Ballard didn't make a name for itself by beating up on lowly local teams by 20. It got there by beating good teams throughout the season and then performing well in the postseason (even if it didn't win it all).

Like Ric Flair says, if you wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man.

And Henry Clay ... ain't the man.
Back to topic....

Quentin Goodin from Taylor County is the player thats headed to Knott is what I'm hearing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Back to topic....

Quentin Goodin from Taylor County is the player thats headed to Knott is what I'm hearing.
If true that's bad news for the rest of the 14th region
^ yes it is
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:^ yes it is

What is the connection between goodin and KCC?
World B Free Wrote:What is the connection between goodin and KCC?

Have no idea what the connection is,, but all of Knott's players follow Goodin on twitter.. May mean squat lol...

Mix1...
World B Free Wrote:What is the connection between goodin and KCC?
Connection? Well let's see, great player on their already good team = State Tourney appearance again. No other connection needed, unless his dad just really needed a job here in Eastern Ky. :lmao:
ekff Wrote:Back to topic....

You heard right.
If following someone on twitter is now a deciding factor, I am going to be the next assistant coach at UK.

You people have way too much time on your hands for worthless predictions.
Word around Knott is Goodin,, and big guy from Madison Central.. No idea though just rumors..

Mix1...
^Good news for Knott. Bad news for Hall, Christian, and Cornett. Kcc parents was mad enough playing against transfers. Lets see how they respond now.
^ Not as bad as you think...
Downtown10 Wrote:^ Not as bad as you think...

What position has his father been hired for? I think Greg Stacy is transportation director. Don't know for sure.
Everyone knows that Knott doesn't get transfers.

I can't believe someone would post stuff like this.

There MUST be some mistake.
World B Free Wrote:What position has his father been hired for? I think Greg Stacy is transportation director. Don't know for sure.

I believe Tommy Hall (14th region ref assigner) is transportation director.

Which if they brought someone in to the transportation department he wouldn't necessarily have to take the director's position.

It's not even football season yet - there's plenty of time for this one to shape out.
days of or lives in the 14th region boys basketball. Everyday you have different rumors.
#45 taylor is the guy you speak of from Madison Central. Ive watched him play at the Joe B Hall classic. The guy is bad news and really fun to watch.
KCC better have a good recruiting class with all the rumors floating around Cordia, Malik Hines from Mississippi has been on camps from a reliable source, 6'11" africian as well and the summer recruiting period has not even open yet lol!!! Maybe the 22ft academy is just moving up the road to Cordia ?? It is out of control in the 14th.... I really feel for those schools that are trying to build and maintain a program within their community.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:KCC better have a good recruiting class with all the rumors floating around Cordia, Malik Hines from Mississippi has been on camps from a reliable source, 6'11" africian as well and the summer recruiting period has not even open yet lol!!! Maybe the 22ft academy is just moving up the road to Cordia ?? It is out of control in the 14th.... I really feel for those schools that are trying to build and maintain a program within their community.

Your in for a surprise ill tell you that.
Sounds like the rest of the 14th region better be finding some open jobs for people who just so happen to have a son who just so happens to be a good basketball player.
I just dont see these kids transfering in to KCC. People get on here and spread rumors just see how other people reacts. I look at Madison Central roster and Taylor was a senior in the 2012 and 2013 season. So he cant transfer to KCC. People need to stop spreading all these rumors. When the school start back up in August people will have a good clue what player had transfer in and out of these schools in the 14 th region. Until than nobody knows.
I never said Taylor, someone else said that because I only said a big guy from Madison,, I think maybe Smith kid. But everyone around KCC is saying Goodin,, stuff has to be put together,, paperwork,, etc. Thats what the school is working on now.

Mix1...
If cordia gets their big man, he was at cordia last week. And Knott gets theirs. Road to rupp will go through Knott co,, plain and simple..

Mix1....
^True that.