Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The intolerant left: Preacher gets attacked at gay Pridefest
"I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to my death your right to say it"?
Evelyn Beatrice Hall
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess it depends on one's definition of "edge". In this case, I guess the edge extended about 30-40 feet.
No, I guess it depends on how you define "near." The edge of the park was near enough that one of the preachers was shoved out of the park and onto the sidewalk. The excuses that you are making for these thugs makes me wonder what you meant when you said that you hope that they get what they deserve. What do you think they deserve? A medal?

Gay rights don't trump everybody else's rights.
nky Wrote:"I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to my death your right to say it"?
Evelyn Beatrice Hall
I'm so glad that someone can get this quote right, for a change.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, I guess it depends on how you define "near." The edge of the park was near enough that one of the preachers was shoved out of the park and onto the sidewalk. The excuses that you are making for these thugs makes me wonder what you meant when you said that you hope that they get what they deserve. What do you think they deserve? A medal?

Gay rights don't trump everybody else's rights.
They've got as much rights as bible thumpers. I didn't say they should have beat the preachers, but the preachers had to know they would stir up hornets when they went.
not a fan of dead French guys
TheRealVille Wrote:They've got as much rights as bible thumpers. I didn't say they should have beat the preachers, but the preachers had to know they would stir up hornets when they went.
Would you say the same thing about Dr Martin Luther King JR?
nky Wrote:Would you say the same thing about Dr Martin Luther King JR?
What did he say from his motel balcony that warranted death? Did he venture into the middle of a white supremacist rally?
He went to many places to voice his beliefs against what he saw
TheRealVille Wrote:They've got as much rights as bible thumpers. I didn't say they should have beat the preachers, but the preachers had to know they would stir up hornets when they went.
The Bible thumpers were not the villains in this story. If anybody should have stayed home, it was the thugs who must have known that they could not control their emotions.

The preachers did nothing wrong. There should have been more than two arrests of the cowards that grabbed the preachers' signs and attacked them.