Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has happened at Russell?
I agree. Guards is a touchy subject FBALL.
I think who ever made the comment about "scheming for ur personel" hit the nail o the head. U have to have a base system. But Should have the ability to adapt and implement schemes and designs for ur teams abilities. Pikeville is a prime example. They r SMALL up front. But probably one of the most disciplined and well assigned offensive lines in the state. In any class. They r quick. Similar to the line that Kacey Clark ran behind. W/o a big rt tackle. I bet their line doesnt avg 5-10 200lbs. The first game last year at raceland they were overwhelmed by the size. The 2nd game they were able to use their speed to their advantage. This is something Russell used to do. Possibly a personel issue, but i think alot of it has to do with an OC that doesnt have alot of leway.
I don't think it was leeway. I think it was lack of knowledge of the passing game. They should have let Lee call the offense last year.
I understand Ivan's logic. But many of those types of coaches that are stuck in a way of things that have worked for years then all of a sudden stop working have that same look toward spreading the field. Just because things r spread out doesnt mean u have to throw. Another key aspect here that many times gets swept under the rug is Russell's defense hasnt bee able to stay off the field long enough to get a break.
You're preaching to the choir.