Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
47.76%
Williamsburg
52.24%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Williamsburg 11/29(Class 1A semifinal)
mysonis55 Wrote:The rams should be the favorites because the jackets will have to wear orange jerseys.

You got a point you didn't know you Got.
Rams have a good defense for the pass, 36 interceptions for these DBs. 4 HORSEMAN on the pass rush. Good luck Friday.. Oh if u decide to pick on Josh Young because he is the only DB without an interception... Look at the way he covered 13 from Pikeville. That young man is a tremendous athlete and very fast. Josh is deceptive when you look at him. 6'2" 185. Big, athletic and will knock your so is off. Josh Young is my pick for most improved player this year on defense. OH WAIT I forgot he never played defense before. He is our back up QB.
I have to say that Raceland is solid and continues to improve every week.
topnotch Wrote:I agree with you IF HAZARD IS NOT IN YOUR CLASS. But not the outcome.

Pikeville thought the same thing...seeing is believing. We'll see Friday. That's why they play the game...:1:
mysonis55 Wrote:The rams should be the favorites because the jackets will have to wear orange jerseys.

Why would they not wear black?
RamPride Wrote:Rams have a good defense for the pass, 36 interceptions for these DBs. 4 HORSEMAN on the pass rush. Good luck Friday.. Oh if u decide to pick on Josh Young because he is the only DB without an interception... Look at the way he covered 13 from Pikeville. That young man is a tremendous athlete and very fast. Josh is deceptive when you look at him. 6'2" 185. Big, athletic and will knock your so is off. Josh Young is my pick for most improved player this year on defense. OH WAIT I forgot he never played defense before. He is our back up QB.
I have to say that Raceland is solid and continues to improve every week.

He has really impressed me this year. Speed run in their Family. Josh has abig time arm as well. He is just a bit of a gunslinger. If he can keep that under control he should do fine next year. Especially with Messer, Dixon, and Vance comig back.

He shocked me when he caught Hall from behind. This week thy will prepae for the pass, I don't see a team that has only rushed for 1300 yards being able to take enough time off the clock. Raceland's defense is the difference again this week.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:He has really impressed me this year. Speed run in their Family. Josh has abig time arm as well. He is just a bit of a gunslinger. If he can keep that under control he should do fine next year. Especially with Messer, Dixon, and Vance comig back.

He shocked me when he caught Hall from behind. This week thy will prepae for the pass, I don't see a team that has only rushed for 1300 yards being able to take enough time off the clock. Raceland's defense is the difference again this week.

:howdy: Scotty_Bronson 1300 yards for a passing team is pretty good.we don't like to take time off the clock,maybe you guys will do what hazard did lastnight run into a defense that will be the difference again I need to confess this is the best 1A DEFENSE team in the state period just ask hazard :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
I will believe that statement when I see it. 1300 yards isnt anything to write home about. That statement alone makes me question your football iq. Raceland held Pikeville to 33 yards in the 2nd half. I stand by my prediction. Raceland's secOndary will be one of, if not thebest secondary Williamsburg will have faced all year.
Watching some film on Wburg, it seems they do alot in the screen game. Raceland's corner tackle very well. Raceland's shortest DB is around 5'10. They can all run. Williamsburg has their work cut out for them. As does Raceland. I just feel a lack of a run game allows Raceland to blitz more and get more pressure on Sizemore than he is used to, then they have the speed to keep him from getting away when he is flushed from the pocket.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I will believe that statement when I see it. 1300 yards isnt anything to write home about. That statement alone makes me question your football iq. Raceland held Pikeville to 33 yards in the 2nd half. I stand by my prediction. Raceland's secOndary will be one of, if not thebest secondary Williamsburg will have faced all year.

IQ you did pick hazard scotty and raceland has not face a 1A team defense like Williamsburg,we only gave up 7pts to hazard a team who score 50 something pts against Pikeville now how many pts did raceland score against Pikeville oh I forgot about the stats.we had a running clock in about 8 or 9 games stats are important to some not Williamsburg
I forgot my icon Confusedmoke:
This late in the playoffs, you have to run to set up the pass, be able to pass when needed. If a team has no real threat of running the ball for much success, all it takes is playing off the reciever and not letting them get behind you. All the past Raceland teams that came up short ran into teams that hadn't thrown the ball muc all year, but theyhad done it successfully. When it came down to it, when Raceland shut down the run game, they started theowing the ball and it hurt us.

You can't be one demensional at this level. A lack of a run game will come back to STING the Yellow Jackets!...see what I did there? Pun intended! This will be a good game either way. It may very well come down to who can avoid the big win hangover. I bet the farm that the team in orange and black wins!lol

Has Wburg won a regional championship before? Raceland hadnt till last night.
I have know clue only been following Williamsburg 3yrs.I think it was Go Williamsburg and congrats to Raceland will be a heck of a game :rockon:
The Lit ratings favored the burg up til this point. They have Rams as favorite, as does calpreps.
I seem to remember the same talk coming out of Raceland middle school 3 years ago
:dudecomeon:
Quote:The best defense in 1a.
64 I just watched a defense hold a #2 seed to under 75 yards in the second round, and no points. That degense held #3 team in the state to 75 yards and no points last night. They also held 3a PT to 14 points. You know one of the 4 3a teams still alive.
mysonis55 Wrote:The Lit ratings favored the burg up til this point. They have Rams as favorite, as does calpreps.

Mycrowis55 throw out these rating check 64SUR rating system in 1A rating in DEFENSE stats :please: calpreps and Lit ratings is a buddy system :Cheerlead
Enjoy this week 64.
mysonis55 Wrote::dudecomeon: 64 I just watched a defense hold a #2 seed to under 75 yards in the second round, and no points. That degense held #3 team in the state to 75 yards and no points last night. They also held 3a PT to 14 points. You know one of the 4 3a teams still alive.

I have told you all year the west is weak mysonis55 and the buddy system help western teams in the rating due to their past team,mayfield could go 0-10 in 2014 and in 2015 mayfield would be rank #1 holding Russellville to 75 yard means nothing to me an 3A pt will play one more game against Wayne county an I will except Wayne county unless they play Belfry TongueirateSho
Williamsburg has dropped consistently in the Lit ratings over the last 7 games despite outscoring its opponents 324-20. I don't have much faith in the Lit ratings.
Kind of interesting that both teams are coming off there first region championship.
That means one of these team will also be playing in there first ever state title game.
This is what I love about the 6 class system. Two teams winning their 1st regional title in school history. GREAT small town fan base. In a 4 class system this probably would not have happened.
I'm predicting a great game with an amazing atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!
RamPride Wrote:We did not have Beach at that game or our starting lineman and a couple of other injuries.. But no excuses, we lost that game. That was our turning point,, glad it happened! Since then we have allowed an average of 8 points a game while scoring 254 points and averaging 36 points a game. In that frame was Fairview- who had beaten Hazard, Bellview, Lawrence County and Pike county Central. And Pikeville- who had beaten everyone except Belfry. So yes we lost a total of 2 games this year by a total of 4 points. I still like our chances here in this run.

Missing both starting backs that game.
Plus starting lineman 6'. 297lb Big I Wallace out with ankle injury
The Lawrence Co game no doubt was the worst game of the season played. Missing two skilled players, a very good lineman and homecoming was tough. No sense of direction of any kind that game.
Newjacket Wrote:I seem to remember the same talk coming out of Raceland middle school 3 years ago

Seriously? I think there's a little bit of difference between middle school and varsity.
From this Pikeville fan (#21's Dad)... GO RAMS!!!!
^ur boy is a heck of a runner. Best of luck to him in the future. Is he getting ne college looks?
Slic Ric Wrote:And our best back (Beach) didn't play in the Lawrence Co. game, so that means squat, not to mention it's about how the two teams match up that are playing, not common opponents. Williamsburg hasn't faced a Class A team like Raceland, but you will next Friday.
Could you tell me is Beech a senior ????? This could very well be a rematch of the middle school championship however, the kids are juniors now . How many Seniors is Raceland have this yr. ???
One more game to get there.

:disappoint:
From the weak west, go Rams!!!!
This is an easy one to pick. Wburg beats Hazard by 14, who lost to Pikeville by 3, so, WBurg would beat Pikeville by 11. Then Raceland beats Pikeville by 11. Okay, maybe not. Therefore, it'll be a tie and go into overtime, and, we all know who has the advantage if it goes into o/t, right? Uhhh, me either.
mysonis55 Wrote:From the weak west, go Rams!!!!

Rams the great contender mysonis55 has spoken your season will end next week in Williamsburg Confusederiously:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next