Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 54 Perry Co 52
Hazard won the game, but I see this as a victory for Perry. They lost by 2 in OT without their most important player on the team playing.

Winning the WYMT has got to be a good feeling for Hazard. As for all the fans Hazard fans I have seen bragging, mostly on social media, you don't know much about basketball if you think your win last night was that impressive though.

If anyone is wanting to bet who wins the next game between them, hit me up.
Perry won without Hudson and Hazard won without Beverly.
Hopefully everyone plays next game
Voldemort Wrote:Hazard won the game, but I see this as a victory for Perry. They lost by 2 in OT without their most important player on the team playing.

Winning the WYMT has got to be a good feeling for Hazard. As for all the fans Hazard fans I have seen bragging, mostly on social media, you don't know much about basketball if you think your win last night was that impressive though.

If anyone is wanting to bet who wins the next game between them, hit me up.

Wish I would have know you was wanting to bet yesterday. Confusednicker:
Congrats!! to Coach Holland and the Bulldogs. Excited to hear someone talking about something in the 14th besides Cordia and who they are trying to get eligible next. Going to be an interesting 14th Regional tournament if Hazard and Perry can get opposite draws in the district.
Congrats to the Dogs.
I predicted Perry would win a heartbreaker but it was the other way around.
Beverly's absence was made known with turnovers at the end of regulation and overtime, but they knew he wasn't going to be on the floor going into it and they had to be ready to make plays.

I think some time off for Beverly will do some good for Neace, Turner and Toomer.
Neace is going to have to learn to embrace pressure - I knew he was missing that free throw as soon as he got fouled.
It's a learning experience from the kid. If you don't want to deal with that feeling you need to knock down the FTs. I think he'll be ready by the end of the season.
The kid is lights on until the ball is tipped off but he's going to fine.
Hauler Wrote:Hey zaga if you call ahead tomorrow you can come over and eat some crow and humble pie with some of us here in knott co. Lol

Eat crow?
I didn't talk any crap about this game.
I said Perry would win a heartbreaker and I was off by a couple of points.
I was wrong but I call it like I see it and I don't think I've been that far off on anything this year.

It's going to be a fun year and there will be plenty of crow to go around.
District is at Hazard and we are still drawing lots this year...
I know better than to claim a 14th Region title this early lol
These two teams are playing for second. When it counts knott will kill them. Thought perry had something besides beverly. Johnson cant do anything but dunk on the offensive end. Hazards so bad they didn't know who to give the MVP to.
mad dog Wrote:These two teams are playing for second. When it counts knott will kill them. Thought perry had something besides beverly. Johnson cant do anything but dunk on the offensive end. Hazards so bad they didn't know who to give the MVP to.

lol

Hazard is so good across the board they didn't know who to give the MVP to.
Hazard for president.
mad dog Wrote:These two teams are playing for second. When it counts knott will kill them. Thought perry had something besides beverly. Johnson cant do anything but dunk on the offensive end. Hazards so bad they didn't know who to give the MVP to.
what do you mean
Pcc needs beverly at least at 85% to win 14th knott has to have all five healthy and no bad luck hazard and corida could win on any given night cant count out buckhorn and breathitt. If hazard and perry draw first round in district improves knott co chances considerably should be fun
People can make fun of the 14th region and complain about them all they want, but I love the 14th it's very competitive great match ups to watch it's terrific. I really enjoyed the wymt classic though my team finished 3rd. It was a great tournament. Championship game was great and I want to congratulate the bulldogs and look forward to the rest of the season.
You guy Better hope Perry dont make it to the Region they be hard to beat at Home just like last year, Knott cant beat them at Perry and Cordia cant either and I dont see Hazard beating them at Perry, If Perry and Hazard dont draw straight up in the first game of the district than all 3 other teams will have a hard time winning at Perry against Perry.
perry and hazard 1st round district perry will have to beat hazard at hazard.
Would be nice if people could just say something nice about the KIDS !! I do hope it is not adults posting these things !!
After watching this game last night Perry IMO should take the region if Braxton can get the ankle to 100% and win their district. Easier said than done I know. The 14th is a 3 team race Knott, Perry and Hazard. Cordia is a far distant 4th they have the talent to be great but coaching makes them mediocre. Hazard is maybe the most balanced team in the region they have 6 guys who can step up in clutch situations. Collier provided a much needed spark in the 4th and did an alright job matching up again a bigger and stronger Johnson in the 2nd quarter. Was disappointed in what I saw from one player though whose name I will not mention. Really ruined my respect for a great athlete.
Hazard has 7 guys, not 6, who can make plays. The 5 seniors wanted this game and the Knott game badly. Congrats and keep up the good work Bulldogs.
First of all I did not know that Beverly was injured. I sure want to wish this young man a speedy recovery!

And congratulations to the Hazard Bulldogs!!! Great victory!!

Warthog Wrote:Those refs are a million times better than the 14th officials

:truestory:

This may be true, but a million times zero is still zero!!
Confusednicker:

Brother Cecil Wrote:Congrats Bulldogs. Free throws have been an issue for Perry all season. I thought Hazard would win they never quit when they got behind and made the plays down the stretch. Good sportsmanship by both teams and fans. 14th region wide open. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

Sounds like a great tournament! Wish I could've been there.

This time without Beverly is going to make PCC stronger, IMO. Other kids are going to step up, and rely more on the team than just one person. By the time Beverly gets back, it could be a different and stronger team.
zaga_fan Wrote:Congrats to the Dogs.
I predicted Perry would win a heartbreaker but it was the other way around.
Beverly's absence was made known with turnovers at the end of regulation and overtime, but they knew he wasn't going to be on the floor going into it and they had to be ready to make plays.

I think some time off for Beverly will do some good for Neace, Turner and Toomer.
Neace is going to have to learn to embrace pressure - I knew he was missing that free throw as soon as he got fouled.
It's a learning experience from the kid. If you don't want to deal with that feeling you need to knock down the FTs. I think he'll be ready by the end of the season.
The kid is lights on until the ball is tipped off but he's going to fine.

There were a lot more missed free throws than the ones at the end. Free throws have been a problem for Perry all season. Turnovers also too numerous to count. Several chances at the end to hold for the last shot and were unable to hold on to the ball. But that's water under the bridge. Time to move on the WYMT is history. Congratulations Bulldogs. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
ballboy Wrote:You guy Better hope Perry dont make it to the Region they be hard to beat at Home just like last year, Knott cant beat them at Perry and Cordia cant either and I dont see Hazard beating them at Perry, If Perry and Hazard dont draw straight up in the first game of the district than all 3 other teams will have a hard time winning at Perry against Perry.

Looks like BGR has a psychic on hand...
Only thing that can stop PCC in the region tournament is free throw shooting. In a close game it can cost them the game.
A lot of basketball yet to be played. Should be a great finish, can't wait to see how it all pans out.

Mad Dawg - I see you are back out of the psych ward. You need to take those meds.

Tournament played at Hindman with 15th region refs (Raymond's boys - Mike Hall & Dale Conn) & you still lost - Amazing!

Who made that big 3 late in the game for Perry - Johnson - or are you counting that as a dunk?
According to the wymt announcer, Johnson is shooting 20%. Beverly is the man on that team. Beverly is capable of taking over a game, Johnson is not.
As for the post reply, just wanted to stir you guy's up a little. On a good night hazard is capable of beating anyone.
On any given night any one of those teams can win, there was no home cooking by those refs by no means. I think knott went to hazard and won also.
mad dog Wrote:According to the wymt announcer, Johnson is shooting 20%. Beverly is the man on that team. Beverly is capable of taking over a game, Johnson is not.
As for the post reply, just wanted to stir you guy's up a little. On a good night hazard is capable of beating anyone.

So I guess that Johnson didn't take over the Lawrence game?

When Johnson fouled out IMO he should have held for the last shot. Hudson was guarding him at the hash mark and he could have blown by him whenever he wanted. He did it too early and got caught for the charge.

I can't believe you just said all that, LOL.
And I thought I was a bad guy on here.
Congrats to the Dawgs
! :Cheerlead
Hey fellas, calm down. Hazard played Jackson County (a very good team) and beat them by six. Next, they play Knott County (the #1 team in the mountains and ranked in the top ten in the state) with a D1 player, maybe 2, andd beat them at the wire. Held the D1 player to 9 points, six of those at the free throw line, and then comes Perry Central. Another team with a D1 player (they were missing Beverly, which I think is their #1 player) and Hazard beats them in overtime. You all can analyze the tournament, the referees, and whatever you want, but the reason Hazard won the tournament is they have a group of scrappy boys who love basketball and want to win and Big Al put on his coaching shoes..Nuff said
hornaplenty Wrote:Hey fellas, calm down. Hazard played Jackson County (a very good team) and beat them by six. Next, they play Knott County (the #1 team in the mountains and ranked in the top ten in the state) with a D1 player, maybe 2, andd beat them at the wire. Held the D1 player to 9 points, six of those at the free throw line, and then comes Perry Central. Another team with a D1 player (they were missing Beverly, which I think is their #1 player) and Hazard beats them in overtime. You all can analyze the tournament, the referees, and whatever you want, but the reason Hazard won the tournament is they have a group of scrappy boys who love basketball and want to win and Big Al put on his coaching shoes..Nuff said

Well said.