Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best soccer players
You guys do realize this thread is from '06 don't you?
dore20 Wrote:No i didnt say anything negative i just stated the true caliber of those players. If it hurts your feelings so bad then dont get on the site. I played college soccer and i know good players from bad and the truth is those players are not near the Best which is that this thread it about.

That's your problem you think that your input is the only important one, you are only one opinion and have the audasity to put down these kids do you think you are helping them by telling them they arent good enouph, maybe we should just give em some drugs and a staw cause that's productive. They go to practice everyday and play there hearts out and for someone to say there not good enouph yea your right it does hurt my feelings that someone is so ignorant to tell them something so rediculous. These are young kids and have a lot of years to get better so give me your email so I can send you clips for the next couple of years and let you know how wrong you are. Mr. Professional who wishes he could still play soccer cause he's an old fuddy duddy now and likes to pick on little kids, cause he's a loser who couldnt make it big so nobody else can.
dore played soccer in college so listen to him.Smile
rockinrudy Wrote:That's your problem you think that your input is the only important one, you are only one opinion and have the audasity to put down these kids do you think you are helping them by telling them they arent good enouph, maybe we should just give em some drugs and a staw cause that's productive. They go to practice everyday and play there hearts out and for someone to say there not good enouph yea your right it does hurt my feelings that someone is so ignorant to tell them something so rediculous. These are young kids and have a lot of years to get better so give me your email so I can send you clips for the next couple of years and let you know how wrong you are. Mr. Professional who wishes he could still play soccer cause he's an old fuddy duddy now and likes to pick on little kids, cause he's a loser who couldnt make it big so nobody else can.

lol well acctuly i quit because i fight mma now. And we dont baby our kids here in Perry and we have 4 straight district titles. So maybe stop babying them and you will have some good players lol.
Oh you quit that explains how you know everything. pcc won distric girls tourny my mistake I though it was the LCCHS so talk some more about it cause you know all about good players your about to find out in the next few you years you do realize that you're talking bad about the pcc players too when you said none of the players are up to YOUR caliber they need to be sitting on the couch talking bad about people like you instead of at practice to be good. LCCHS WILL KICK PCC'S BUTT AGAIN NEXT YEAR DEAL WITH IT. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. HA.
rockinrudy Wrote:That's your problem you think that your input is the only important one, you are only one opinion and have the audasity to put down these kids do you think you are helping them by telling them they arent good enouph, maybe we should just give em some drugs and a staw cause that's productive. They go to practice everyday and play there hearts out and for someone to say there not good enouph yea your right it does hurt my feelings that someone is so ignorant to tell them something so rediculous. These are young kids and have a lot of years to get better so give me your email so I can send you clips for the next couple of years and let you know how wrong you are. Mr. Professional who wishes he could still play soccer cause he's an old fuddy duddy now and likes to pick on little kids, cause he's a loser who couldnt make it big so nobody else can.

Just because kids play their hearts out doesn't make them good. And you say who is he to judge how good or bad someone is, well who are you to say who is good or bad??? Who are you to make assumptions about someones life??? If you are going to talk about someone not being good enough, lets see a clip of how good you are. He isn't picking on little kids, he is discussing what this thread is about and you had to start. This thread is about the best soccer players, everyone has a right to there own opinion of who is the best.
frankie21 Wrote:Just because kids play their hearts out doesn't make them good. And you say who is he to judge how good or bad someone is, well who are you to say who is good or bad??? Who are you to make assumptions about someones life??? If you are going to talk about someone not being good enough, lets see a clip of how good you are. He isn't picking on little kids, he is discussing what this thread is about and you had to start. This thread is about the best soccer players, everyone has a right to there own opinion of who is the best.

That's the point I'm not saying anyone is bad, you are, that's just dumb. There doing good deal with it,accept that eastern ky kids rock and be proud or move on, we love soccer and are proud it's in all these kids lives. I don't claim to be have played soccer in college like other professionals that know all about it, I just don't believe in degrading children, telling them they have no chance at a future cause there non going to make it it's just absurd. Noone knows what someone else can acheive in the futer, don't try to take their goals and dreams away because they believe so I believe!

listen... there is, in every sport, those who excel... no matter how much heart you give to a sport, sometimes you just aren't talented or you just arent cut out for it. Trust Me, I Know....

Dont think youve known someone untill youve walked in thier shoes.... It may not make you an "expert" playing in college but until you personally pull it off dont act like you know anything more than the kickball most teams in the 32nd and 33rd play is.

The goal of this thread was to recognize the few who went beyond or have what it take to excell in the game of soccer. Lets recognize them who Deserve some recognition. Dont take away from some kids what they have worked for or deserve just because it might hurt the feelings of some of those who dont.

If WHOEVER'S child isnt recognized on this board and does try their hardest then ONE DAY they will earn that...

BUT DONT take it away from those who we can obviously see do.
They already got what they deserved. That's what all the fuss is over. Smile Can't wait to do it again next year. Big Grin
I was never saying they were bad they won distric so they can't be too bad. hum, let's name em all the best in the distric they are LCCHS girls highschool players I wasn't being protective because they were bad I was being protective because good or bad all the kids give it there all yea LCC are the best in distric but that doesnt mean his Pcc players are bad, have some respect for the kids.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Katy Petry is her name.

Thanks, Slamabamma. XD
Shakespeare Wrote:Thanks, Slamabamma. XD

no problem, i agree with you she is a good player needs some more work however. She played for my rec. team and improved alot the girl you saw this season is totally diffrent from the one I saw in the beginning of spring.

ANother very talented girls player in this area and IMO the best in EKY not including the corbin area is Kathlien (sp.) from Pikeville.

Good boy players include.

JR. Lunsford, and Jacob Watts from Perry
Evan, Brad Hicks and Vanhoose from Pikeville
Cody Burgess and Ethan from JC
Jake and Zachary Vialpando from Paintsville
rockinrudy Wrote:That's the point I'm not saying anyone is bad, you are, that's just dumb. There doing good deal with it,accept that eastern ky kids rock and be proud or move on, we love soccer and are proud it's in all these kids lives. I don't claim to be have played soccer in college like other professionals that know all about it, I just don't believe in degrading children, telling them they have no chance at a future cause there non going to make it it's just absurd. Noone knows what someone else can acheive in the futer, don't try to take their goals and dreams away because they believe so I believe!

We did not say anything negative about anyone. Pay attention to what we post for christ sake. We are saying that they may not be the best but they have potential. You are doing the same thing we are. BUT THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HEART....IT IS ABOUT WHO IS THE BEST!! And I know EKY soccer is awesome, I played it, and was undefeated, so I think I know that. And I think if someone played soccer in college then they will probably be better able to evaluate a player than the average joe that has never played the game but just watched. And I never said they didn't have a future, your right you never know. If they really are going to have a future in the game then these words we say won't have any affect on them, if they do then they won't have a future. I'm not trying to say that any one persons opinion matters more, but some make more since.
Either keep this on topic or it WILL be closed!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
We are talking about the best players in EKY not overall in the state of KY. With that said all players who have been mentioned are probley above the average player in EKY. However, take the majority of these kids to play on a Lex. Club team and they would struggle. Here are the facts about EKY soccer.
1. The training is terrible, most kids in this area do not work on in step volleys, thigh volleys, or chest volleys in practice which honestly helps TREMENDOUSLY.

2. EKY soccer is based off of this play long ball the entire game. Untill EKY teams have coaches who stress possesion drills our success against teams such as Corbin will not improve.

3. We need to get coaches into the programs who are actually qualified rather then parents, or people who have watched rec. league soccer and think they can do the job, we need coaches who have played at least in college a year or two.

4. It all begins with the youth leagues and works its way up. The same applies here that applies in (3). Including training the kids like a club team rather then a pick up team.

Untill the following four standards are meet WE WILL NOT WIN A REGIONAL TITLE. The closest team to doing this is Perry and it is because of such players as Zach Hall and Andrew Lunsford as to why they are succesful. Because they have trained the kids over the summer and then the drills they work on there are relayed to their High School training sessions.
So we can agree that players need to take their own initiative and go to summer camps and things of that sort.
frankie21 Wrote:So we can agree that players need to take their own initiative and go to summer camps and things of that sort.

Well yeah definetley, but as a soccer community as a while IMO it is up to us and not just the players to make it succesed. It starts with what goes on to improve our organizations to give the kids and "equal" playing field during there off season. If that makes sense?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well yeah definetley, but as a soccer community as a while IMO it is up to us and not just the players to make it succesed. It starts with what goes on to improve our organizations to give the kids and "equal" playing field during there off season. If that makes sense?

It makes a lot of sense. It doesn't just need to be up to the players, the coaches also need to put in their work also. Team camps are very helpful, where kids can learn A LOT.
frankie21 Wrote:It makes a lot of sense. It doesn't just need to be up to the players, the coaches also need to put in their work also. Team camps are very helpful, where kids can learn A LOT.

I know Paulo Neto would be more than happy to do a team camp and individual camps for Perry or any team in this area for that matter. IMO teams from this area need to go to the camp when Corbin and such go to get some good experience playing that level of talent.
Very true. Be one step closer to winning a region title.
frankie21 Wrote:Very true. Be one step closer to winning a region title.

but like ive said untill we take the initative as a soccer community to force that, no one NOT EVEN PERRY will win a regional title. IMO
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:but like ive said untill we take the initative as a soccer community to force that, no one NOT EVEN PERRY will win a regional title. IMO

And your probably right. Or at least until either Corbin or South have down years. I think possession is the main thing that gets these kids beat year in and out.
frankie21 Wrote:And your probably right. Or at least until either Corbin or South have down years. I think possession is the main thing that gets these kids beat year in and out.

I will have to agree with you on that, with my rec. league team we would do possesion drills every practice and it helped them out tremendously they looked like totally diffrent kids, then they got back to high school and got away from that and went back mainly to their old ways and made me sick.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I will have to agree with you on that, with my rec. league team we would do possesion drills every practice and it helped them out tremendously they looked like totally diffrent kids, then they got back to high school and got away from that and went back mainly to their old ways and made me sick.

I could imagine. It kills me to watch that style of soccer.
frankie21 Wrote:I could imagine. It kills me to watch that style of soccer.

Just kills me to wonder if I had that exact same team for one year at how much better they could be.
Dazzz Wrote:JR Lunsford Perry Central
Jacob Watts Perry Central
Ethan Filowiat Johnson Central
Caleb Sloan Johnson Central
Coty Burgess Johnson Central
Chas Johnson Belfry
Brad Hicks Pikeville
Zack Vanhoose Pikeville
Evan Bush Pikeville
Zach Hughes Paintsville

This is just a few that I can think of and that i've seen play either in rec or high school.. and this list is not in any particular order. These players are some of the best as I see it out of the mountains.

nobody from Pburg or LCC?
frankie21 Wrote:I could imagine. It kills me to watch that style of soccer.

I think we should teach kids from EKY to dive... I dont ever remember having a coach that taught us that one...

And long shots... nothing within 30 yards...
soccerdrew12 Wrote:I think we should teach kids from EKY to dive... I dont ever remember having a coach that taught us that one...

I agree. Diving gets you a long way. I got a lot of calls against me because of dives, never got carded though.
soccerdrew12 Wrote:I think we should teach kids from EKY to dive... I dont ever remember having a coach that taught us that one...

I agree with all that you just said,
We have many great players in the mountains we are just looked as a joke because instead of supporting each other we tear each other down.