Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County coaching search
It has already been confirmed that NONE of Lawrence County's players will be transferring. Chaffins was the only one on the rocks as he was avidly being pursued by Boyd County, all though he made the decision to stay. The Dalton boys are here to stay & it never one crossed their minds to transfer schools. Timmy Dalton was quoted as saying " If a person were to leave just because we lost a coach, they would be selfish. They think just by transferring schools they will have the instant chemistry? The chances of going to RUPP and succeeding? No way. The way I see if, if one of my teammates transfer, they are nothing other than selfish, put the team first. "
cardsrule Wrote:38 degrees yeah right. lol only game this side of lexington check the khsaa website.

class act glad cook moved on to a better job, to classy to coach there

believe what you want. that was the weather. you all didn't want to play. that's what it came down to. unlike you all, lawrence doesn't have open spots on their schedule late in the year to be making up games on days that is too chilly for you all to play. stay in the gym. it's better for you all anyways. :biglmao:
64sur would be a great hire, don't let him tell you he isn't interested,heck of a player and coach has been out of it for last 12years pm me if you need his number?
BobcatFan11 Wrote: It has already been confirmed that NONE of Lawrence County's players will be transferring. Chaffins was the only one on the rocks as he was avidly being pursued by Boyd County, all though he made the decision to stay. The Dalton boys are here to stay & it never one crossed their minds to transfer schools. Timmy Dalton was quoted as saying " If a person were to leave just because we lost a coach, they would be selfish. They think just by transferring schools they will have the instant chemistry? The chances of going to RUPP and succeeding? No way. The way I see if, if one of my teammates transfer, they are nothing other than selfish, put the team first. "

Not sure where you get all your information but don't quite think it sounds correct. First I don't think Chaffins is planning on going anywhere and I don't think dalton would talk about anybody being selfish if they wanted to transfer considering him and his bother both transferred from WV leaving their teammates to do what was in the best interest for them. Also in the past Richardson transferred to SC and moved back and the team had no problem with that. However if any of these boys did want to leave to try and better themselfthen no one should judge. This school system is not gonna watch out for them
these players should be treated like every other STUDENT in the system. nothing more, nothing less. if they want to leave, then let them leave as long as they physically move. nobody should treat them like gods. i hope you all in this community don't put undo pressure on them. because if they stick together and never achieve what you all have set for them, it will be difficult for them. or you all will just blame the administration...seems like that's what you all are good at. let this KIDS be KIDS.
Cardsrule what a joke!! Lc offered to play the game on monday when the weather was great and sc said no.sc was praying for a rain out and it didn't happen for them. As far feltner goes there not many ad in region that you will see at every football game home or away. Most of basketball games. Softball games I have not herd of any sport at lc that's does not have what it needs to compete.
Mezzo Wrote:First off let me say that I don't agree with you. Just as coaches leave and change jobs to better themselves so do some players. Two years were wasted with Miller. He did nothing for the program. Finally the administration woke up and got a good coach. He is now gone so these boys only have two years to make something happen. Am I saying they are going D1? No I am not but most can go on to college on a scholarship somewhere. It is not fair, regardless how much they love Lawrence county for them to have to let the LC administration hold their future in their hands. Is the administration concerned about the next coach? Of course not. It will be a so so coach that will do nothing for these boys and will take them no where. It is just common sense people that this is a baseball county and Feltner is only concerned with the baseball program. So if these boys have to move in order to look out for their future then so be it. Don't judge them. Now if the LC administration would like to step up and pay for their college then that might be a different story. Otherwise don't judge and say they don't love LC the way you do. It's the administration that does not love or care what happens to LC. As they have plainly demonstrated numerous times.
My answer to this would be that if any kid in high school really want's to go to collage to better their self then do it through the books. Academic books that is then if they are good enough and talented enough then go ahead and play ball also. There is 10 to 1 academic scholarship's to sport's scholarship given out each year. So if these guy's or anyone else want's to better there self's then that's how it should be done. And we as parents really need to stress that to our kids. But as always this is just my opinion:graduate:
Dawg Family Wrote:My answer to this would be that if any kid in high school really want's to go to collage to better their self then do it through the books. Academic books that is then if they are good enough and talented enough then go ahead and play ball also. There is 10 to 1 academic scholarship's to sport's scholarship given out each year. So if these guy's or anyone else want's to better there self's then that's how it should be done. And we as parents really need to stress that to our kids. But as always this is just my opinion:graduate:

In a perfect world this would be great, however that we do not live in. LC is not known for its academics. Also you have guidance counselors, especially one who takes no thought or interest in helping kids get any info about scholarships or help advise them. Those are all rigged as anyone who has attended and awards banquet has seen. So there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get college paid for with a sports scholarship regardless how small the college may be. Not everyone can afford to pay for a four year degree out of pocket. So before you advice LC students to get academic scholarships (which would be great) step back and take a look at their academic and test scores and then go to an awards banquet. I'm telling you this whole administration is crooked. It needs to be fixed because the kids don't have a chance. Haven't for a long time.
Mezzo Wrote:In a perfect world this would be great, however that we do not live in. LC is not known for its academics. Also you have guidance counselors, especially one who takes no thought or interest in helping kids get any info about scholarships or help advise them. Those are all rigged as anyone who has attended and awards banquet has seen. So there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get college paid for with a sports scholarship regardless how small the college may be. Not everyone can afford to pay for a four year degree out of pocket. So before you advice LC students to get academic scholarships (which would be great) step back and take a look at their academic and test scores and then go to an awards banquet. I'm telling you this whole administration is crooked. It needs to be fixed because the kids don't have a chance. Haven't for a long time.

it must really be bad to be in your skin. conspiracies and crooked administrations for everything. Confusednicker: nothing ever happens for any other reason than to screw you, your kid, or the basketball team. several students from LCHS have gone off to college on scholarships and they haven't all been teacher's kids. at least you didn't blame the baseball coach or program for the lack of scholarships. Confusednicker:
lchsalumnus Wrote:it must really be bad to be in your skin. conspiracies and crooked administrations for everything. Confusednicker: nothing ever happens for any other reason than to screw you, your kid, or the basketball team. several students from LCHS have gone off to college on scholarships and they haven't all been teacher's kids. at least you didn't blame the baseball coach or program for the lack of scholarships. Confusednicker:

Record speaks for itself. Sorry no one wants to admit it. LC does such a nice cover up job of everything. Why do you think Anderson left? LC won't keep anyone good or anyone who questions how things are done. It's all an inside job. I know the truth hurts. :biggrin:
Obviously your baseball pants are to tight..
Mezzo Wrote:In a perfect world this would be great, however that we do not live in. LC is not known for its academics. Also you have guidance counselors, especially one who takes no thought or interest in helping kids get any info about scholarships or help advise them. Those are all rigged as anyone who has attended and awards banquet has seen. So there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get college paid for with a sports scholarship regardless how small the college may be. Not everyone can afford to pay for a four year degree out of pocket. So before you advice LC students to get academic scholarships (which would be great) step back and take a look at their academic and test scores and then go to an awards banquet. I'm telling you this whole administration is crooked. It needs to be fixed because the kids don't have a chance. Haven't for a long time.
Frist of all I will agree that this is far from a perfect world. With that said I would like to share this with you and everyone else. I have had 2 kids graduate from LC the frist in 2008 and the other in 2012. As every one knows these was bad years for Lawrence Co as far as the test scores and school ranking was for the state. But Both of my kids earned scholarships. My son’s was a full ride my daughters wasn’t a full ride but what she eraned sure did help a lot. And I for one have never been to a board of education meeting in my life or have I ever stepped a foot inside of the board office I have been to 2 awards nights just because my own was involved. But I did stay involved with my kids teachers at least once each querter just to make sure they was doing what they was suppose to be doing. Both the kids and the teachers yes it would be nice if the conselers would do there jobs but if they don’t then what’s stopping you as a parent from doing your own reserch and helping your kids your self. The time people spend on the computer on these recrational sites they propbbly could find a lot of needed help for collage. Oh yes both my kids was very involved in sports also. Football 3 year starter, softball, basketball and soccer all disctrict team. I guess really what I’m trying to say is if the kids are the best athletes in the state they still need the grades to get the full ride. And if they can’t make the grades in collage then they will be back home after the first semister.
This all is just my opinion I don’t know anyone personally on this sight and nothing is meant to be personal.
As far as the names that I have heard being mentioned with this job, I assume most of them are rumors at this point. However, the people that I have heard are: Kevin Spurlock, and an assistant from Paintsville(not sure which one). I will try to clarify this after I get some more info.
They should hire spurlock. Great guy. Lol.
Who is the assistant from paintsville?
I think Spurlock would be a good fit here
Does Lawrence have Superintendent yet?

I keep hearing 2 names - Trimble from Paintsville and a college assistant.
I talked to a high school basketball coach today and asked what the rumors are around the Lawrence County job. They told me the talk was Jon Bentley from Estill was interested in the job but Kevin Spurlock was the name most people were saying. All just hear say tho.
Trimble
cardsrule Wrote:They should hire spurlock. Great guy. Lol.
NO!!!lol
UK#24 Wrote:I talked to a high school basketball coach today and asked what the rumors are around the Lawrence County job. They told me the talk was Jon Bentley from Estill was interested in the job but Kevin Spurlock was the name most people were saying. All just hear say tho.

won't happen. well i should say i can't see it happening. he done sheldon clark wrong and people around here don't forget things like that. the next coach will be qualified but i bet it will be someone nobody is even thinking about. i don't see any coach that would keep this group together so it doesn't matter who they get. get the best candidate who is going to stay past the next 2 seasons. spurlock won't stay.
Spurlock?? Even LC is not that stupid!:dudecomeon:
The assistant isn't Trimble from Paintsville. The assistant I heard from Pville is Slone. My father-in-law works around Louisa and he has also heard Kevin spurlock's name being mentioned.
Brian Hall is interested but I'm thinking it will be someone who has some direct ties to Lawrence.
Brian Hall or Jon Bentley would both be great hires. Both class acts in every aspect. Spurlock in my opinion usually goes where the good players are and trys to win with someone else's talent and doesn't have a very good track record even when he has the best team. My vote is with Hall or Bentley.
Brian Hall lives near Lexington. I doubt he will move to Lawrence County. If he would, it would be a great hire.
Trimble has been contacted, not sure if he is interested. Brian Hall or Spurlock be good hire. It appears the LC is looking for experience instead of youth this time may be what the boys need.
I'm hearing former Elliott County all stater Ethan Faulkner is in the mix. That would be a great hire. He scored 2500 points in high school and led Elliott County to 3 consecutive sweet 16 appearances, the last ending in the final 4. Went on to play 4 years at Northern KY University. He captained the team during their last season of NCAA D2 play where he led them to the NCAA tournament and was selected an all conference player in one of the toughest D2 leagues in America. As a senior, he captained NKU's first team to compete at the D1 level. He led that team to a 9-9 record and a 4th place finish in league play. This past year he worked on the men's basketball staff at NKU.

The guy is a winner!! He has coached Austin Chaffins the past 3 summers in AAU and Grant Kiser for 1 summer. LC is missing the boat if they pass on this guy. He has been where LC wants to go and knows what it takes to get there!
Watch out for that Spurlock guy he is shady
I have been hearing rumors that one of the Faulkner twins from Elliott county is a top candidate. Not for sure which one tho. It's going to be hard to replace cook. I really enjoyed watching him coach.