Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky gay marriage ban struck down
Do-double-gg Wrote:Ok I will go with this. Now does this make it normal or right? We try to cure disease and eliminate abnormalitys in this world. So are you saying that Homosexuality is an abnormality?
I don't know if it is, or not. But, does that do away with some citizens rights?
TheRealThing Wrote:I can tell you really strained with credulity on that one. And it's a sham. According to Thomas Jefferson, our rights are granted us by our Creator, certainly not the government. And that particular term (Creator) since capitalized within the original text of the Declaration of Independence, identifies a specific Being. God Himself. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,"

I have posted at length as to why I oppose the idea of the present day SCOTUS handing down opinions that fly in the face of that one time widely accepted standard. Misinterpretations of the equal protection clause have about as much to do with the issue of validating the homosexual lifestyle, as the right to privacy had to do with legalizing abortion on demand. Both are legal arguments born of guile and do nothing to alter the truth, they're just intended to give cover until the law is changed to match the will of the liberal. It's the ultimate haze job and I ain't buying it.

At any rate, it is like Rick Perry has recently said. Issues of this sort are to be settled in the voting booth and November is close. :biggrin:
Do you have a state issued marriage license? If so, why, if it is only instituted by god? Why did you need a KY marriage license? You can't put citizens rights in the voting booth. The courts have already decided KY's ban. I'll take constitutional lawyers over a person that drove nails in wood for a living. As for my creator, he is a Diest God. Does that fact negate my rights, under American law?
Do-double-gg Wrote:Ok I will go with this. Now does this make it normal or right? We try to cure disease and eliminate abnormalitys in this world. So are you saying that Homosexuality is an abnormality?
The earth has been populating since 1350, after the black death. I don't know, but does being homosexual negate an American citizens right's? If I were black, would I lose rights, in your eyes?
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't know if it is, or not. But, does that do away with some citizens rights?

Well what do your scientists and so called experts tell you it is. They say you can have something in your DNA that makes you violent. So if I decide to go to a school and shoot a bunch of kids and they find this in my DNA then did I have the right to shoot those kids and should I be protected by the constitution? No because it is wrong and unnatural. This has nothing to do with God or religion for me. Homosexuality is wrong, unnatural and sickening to me and I hold it right up there with people doing unnatural things with animals.
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you have a state issued marriage license? If so, why, if it is only instituted by god? Why did you need a KY marriage license? You can't put citizens rights in the voting booth. The courts have already decided KY's ban. I'll take constitutional lawyers over a person that drove nails in wood for a living. As for my creator, he is a Diest God. Does that fact negate my rights, under American law?

Nope sure doesn't. My wife and I have a marriage license because she and I have certain property rights and responsibilities under state law, and then there is the issue of our children. Sorry to break this to you but the issue of gay rights is in the voting booth. One judge shouldn't necessarily merit being pluralized to help folks like you bolster their argument and certainly does not constitute full blown support of the Kentucky system of courts. So, when the "constitutional lawyers" actually get the opportunity to argue their case, and a federal appellate judge or judges rule on it, then you might have something to crow about. Right now you're a little premature.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do-double-gg Wrote:Well what do your scientists and so called experts tell you it is. They say you can have something in your DNA that makes you violent. So if I decide to go to a school and shoot a bunch of kids and they find this in my DNA then did I have the right to shoot those kids and should I be protected by the constitution? No because it is wrong and unnatural. This has nothing to do with God or religion for me. Homosexuality is wrong, unnatural and sickening to me and I hold it right up there with people doing unnatural things with animals.
If you shoot someone, you take away their rights, making it illegal. If one man marries another man,unnatural or not, you lose no rights.
TheRealVille Wrote:The earth has been populating since 1350, after the black death. I don't know, but does being homosexual negate an American citizens right's? If I were black, would I lose rights, in your eyes?

I don't know. Is being black an abnormality in your eyes like you say you think Homosexuality is. Like I said African American is a race of people and Homosexuality is a choice.
TheRealThing Wrote:Nope sure doesn't. My wife and I have a marriage license because she and I have certain property rights and responsibilities under state law, and then there is the issue of our children. Sorry to break this to you but the issue of gay rights is in the voting booth. One judge shouldn't necessarily merit being pluralized to help folks like you bolster their argument and certainly does not constitute full blown support of the Kentucky system of courts. So, when the "constitutional lawyers" actually get the opportunity to argue their case, and a federal appellate judge or judges rule on it, then you might have something to crow about. Right now you're a little premature.
Gays can't have property rights and responsibilities? Sorry to break this to you, but constitutional lawyers, not carpenters, interpret the constitution. As for religion, and it's place in American law, I'll stick with some of the founding fathers, like Thomas Paine, Ethan Allen, George Washington, Ben Franklin, and James Monroe.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't know. Is being black an abnormality in your eyes like you say you think Homosexuality is. Like I said African American is a race of people and Homosexuality is a choice.
I really don't think either is abnormal, as being a citizen goes. I was playing you, in case you haven't figured it out. You were saying it's abnormal, I was just going with that. But, ftr, gene abnormalities happen all the time to humans. Does that take away citizen's rights?
TheRealVille Wrote:I really don't think either is abnormal, as being a citizen goes. I was playing you, in case you haven't figured it out. You were saying it's abnormal, I was just going with that. But, ftr, gene abnormalities happen all the time to humans. Does that take away citizen's rights?

"Okey Dokey":Thumbs:!
I've had my fun today with the unfortunate under schooled. It's time for bed.
TheRealVille Wrote:I really don't think either is abnormal, as being a citizen goes. I was playing you, in case you haven't figured it out. You were saying it's abnormal, I was just going with that. But, ftr, gene abnormalities happen all the time to humans. Does that take away citizen's rights?

So you don't think Homosexuality is abnormal................this clears a lot up for me!

:pondering:

Show me where any scientist has found and or proven that a certian gene or gene abnormality is the cause of homosexuality. Homosexuals have had rights all along. They can vote, buy a house and property, get any job all the same rights me and you enjoy everyday. Where I have a problem is when they want special attention and rights. Comparing Homosexuals to a race of people is the most absurd thing I have ever seen in my life.

So what you are saying is that you would have no problem with going to bed with a man or a woman at night. Like you said you don't find it abnormal.

So is it abnormal or not. You can't have it both ways.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've had my fun today with the unfortunate under schooled. It's time for bed.

TheRealVille Wrote:If you shoot someone, you take away their rights, making it illegal. If one man marries another man,unnatural or not, you lose no rights.

I think I have the right to keep my lunch down.:biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:You got proof of that being a choice? I say they are born that way. Scientists say they are born that way. When did you choose to be straight? Under KY law, sex with animals is legal. For a smart conversation, gays want to be together, animals can't give consent. FTR, rights for race and choice doesn't matter. If one chooses to be gay, or a black man belongs to a race, are their rights different?

When did you choose to be straight? Please tell me you did what comes natural. :beg:
Here you go TRV this person who is smarter then you and me both said it better then what I can.

Homosexual activists argue that same-sex “marriage” is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s.

This is false.

First of all, sexual behavior and race are essentially different realities. A man and a woman wanting to marry may be different in their characteristics: one may be black, the other white; one rich, the other poor; or one tall, the other short. None of these differences are insurmountable obstacles to marriage. The two individuals are still man and woman, and thus the requirements of nature are respected.

Same-sex “marriage” opposes nature. Two individuals of the same sex, regardless of their race, wealth, stature, erudition or fame, will never be able to marry because of an insurmountable biological impossibility.

Secondly, inherited and unchangeable racial traits cannot be compared with non-genetic and changeable behavior. There is simply no analogy between the interracial marriage of a man and a woman and the “marriage” between two individuals of the same sex.

Do-double-gg Wrote:[B]Ok I will go with this[/B]. Now does this make it normal or right? We try to cure disease and eliminate abnormalitys in this world. So are you saying that Homosexuality is an abnormality?

Boy that one went right over your head TRV. I never one time said that Homosexuality was an abnormality or something in the gennes or DNA. You said it, and I went along with your simple minded little game. I don't think people are just born gay, nor do I think it is something in the genes or DNA. It is a choice. I don't think a baby is born gay or straight. A baby knows nothing of sexual orientation. A baby is born and then grows to do what is natural and that is to be hetrosexual.........plain and simple!
If you were even half as smart as you think you are you would be dangerous. Now run along and read up on all your little favorit sites and continue to copy and paste stuff that smart people said to make yourself look smart. I think you have made yourself look like a fool way to many times on BGR and that is why you keep going away and comeing back.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Here you go TRV this person who is smarter then you and me both said it better then what I can.

Homosexual activists argue that same-sex “marriage” is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s.

This is false.

First of all, sexual behavior and race are essentially different realities. A man and a woman wanting to marry may be different in their characteristics: one may be black, the other white; one rich, the other poor; or one tall, the other short. None of these differences are insurmountable obstacles to marriage. The two individuals are still man and woman, and thus the requirements of nature are respected.

Same-sex “marriage” opposes nature. Two individuals of the same sex, regardless of their race, wealth, stature, erudition or fame, will never be able to marry because of an insurmountable biological impossibility.

[B][B]Secondly, inherited and unchangeable racial traits cannot be compared with non-genetic and changeable behavior[/B][/B]. There is simply no analogy between the interracial marriage of a man and a woman and the “marriage” between two individuals of the same sex.

This pretty much sums it up for me. To compare what black people have gone through and fought for in this country, to what the homosexual people are doing should be a slap in the face to the African American people. It has got to a point when people like TRV have no real argument and can't come up with anything good, they bring race into the picture. Race has nothing to do with being homosexual because gay people are not a race. You have white gay people, black gay people, mexican gay people, but being gay is a choice and behavior. I would love for those people to show me anywhere where homosexuality has been clasified as a race of people. It is like I said to you in a past post TRV, you are nothing more then a troll. I don't believe for one second that you believe even half of what spews out of your mouth,and if you do I think you just go with the party line no matter what they say or do regardless of your own personal beliefs and that is the definition of a political puppet.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Boy that one went right over your head TRV. I never one time said that Homosexuality was an abnormality or something in the gennes or DNA. You said it, and I went along with your simple minded little game. I don't think people are just born gay, nor do I think it is something in the genes or DNA. It is a choice. I don't think a baby is born gay or straight. A baby knows nothing of sexual orientation. A baby is born and then grows to do what is natural and that is to be hetrosexual.........plain and simple!
If you were even half as smart as you think you are you would be dangerous. Now run along and read up on all your little favorit sites and continue to copy and paste stuff that smart people said to make yourself look smart. I think you have made yourself look like a fool way to many times on BGR and that is why you keep going away and comeing back.
When did you choose to be straight?
Do-double-gg Wrote:This pretty much sums it up for me. To compare what black people have gone through and fought for in this country, to what the homosexual people are doing should be a slap in the face to the African American people. It has got to a point when people like TRV have no real argument and can't come up with anything good, they bring race into the picture. Race has nothing to do with being homosexual because gay people are not a race. You have white gay people, black gay people, mexican gay people, but being gay is a choice and behavior. I would love for those people to show me anywhere where homosexuality has been clasified as a race of people. It is like I said to you in a past post TRV, you are nothing more then a troll. I don't believe for one second that you believe even half of what spews out of your mouth,and if you do I think you just go with the party line no matter what they say or do regardless of your own personal beliefs and that is the definition of a political puppet.
Even if it was a choice, and I'll stay with scientists on this one, what gives you the right to decide other Americans sexual "choice" in the same property rights, and responsibilities, and marriage benefits? If Ky gave you a marriage license, why should they not give the same license to other consenting adults? What makes straight couples better than gays, constitutionally? Again, I'll stick with constitutional lawyers on this one, over a driver of nails in wood.
^Quoted wrong person above. I meant to quote TRT. You think it's a choice, most doctors and scientists that study it, say it isn't a choice. I'll stick with the experts. FTR, I really don't care either way, choice or born that way. I'm more concerned about the equal rights for them, just like the rest of us. I see no reason why they shouldn't marry who they love, just like I married who I love. You can bet your ass I'm as liberal as I seem, on social issues.

Do-double-gg Wrote:This pretty much sums it up for me. To compare what black people have gone through and fought for in this country, to what the homosexual people are doing should be a slap in the face to the African American people. It has got to a point when people like TRV have no real argument and can't come up with anything good, they bring race into the picture. Race has nothing to do with being homosexual because gay people are not a race. You have white gay people, black gay people, mexican gay people, but being gay is a choice and behavior. I would love for those people to show me anywhere where homosexuality has been clasified as a race of people. It is like I said to you in a past post TRV, you are nothing more then a troll. I don't believe for one second that you believe even half of what spews out of your mouth,and if you do I think you just go with the party line no matter what they say or do regardless of your own personal beliefs and that is the definition of a political puppet.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've had my fun today with the unfortunate under schooled. It's time for bed.

How much "schooling" do you have, little man?
TheRealVille Wrote:Gays can't have property rights and responsibilities? Sorry to break this to you, but constitutional lawyers, not carpenters, interpret the constitution. As for religion, and it's place in American law, I'll stick with some of the founding fathers, like Thomas Paine, Ethan Allen, George Washington, Ben Franklin, and James Monroe.

:thatsfunn First of all, these guys wouldn't have lined up behind Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence if they were in any way at odds with him. Take a look at these signatures and let me know if you see Ben Franklin among them. [attachment=o3046] And second of all, you were certainly blowing Jefferson's horn when you thought you and he were some kind of star crossed soul mates, LOL. Not to mention the fact that Washington and Paine were kinda busy with matters involving the Continental Army of the United States at the time in question or their names would likely be on there too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do-double-gg Wrote:Show me where any scientist has found and or [B]proven that a certian gene or gene abnormality is the cause of homosexuality.[/B] Homosexuals have had rights all along. They can vote, buy a house and property, get any job all the same rights me and you enjoy everyday. Where I have a problem is when they want special attention and rights. Comparing Homosexuals to a race of people is the most absurd thing I have ever seen in my life.

They can't, and they won't. Like you said it is a choice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Point well taken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote::thatsfunn First of all, these guys wouldn't have lined up behind Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence if they were in any way at odds with him. Take a look at these signatures and let me know if you see Ben Franklin among them. [attachment=o3046] And second of all, you were certainly blowing Jefferson's horn when you thought you and he were some kind of star crossed soul mates, LOL. Not to mention the fact that Washington and Paine were kinda busy with matters involving the Continental Army of the United States at the time in question or their names would likely be on there too.
I see that your reading comprehension hasn't improved since I've been gone. You did notice I said, "As for religion" I'll stick with these guys? All of which's version of god differs from yours. Some even had no got belief. Some of them might not have signed any official document, but all were instrumental in shaping our country in the early years.
One thing is a fact. Whether you like it, believe it, or not, you guys are going to on the wrong side of how this plays out in a few years. Gays have the same rights as the rest of us, and law is making it known, whether you want it, or not. Citizens rights are not a state issue, or a majority rules issue.