Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Hager out at Sheldon Clark
It's always smelled like sewage at the field as long as I can remember...
Red Bird Wrote:heard he gave Meadows a head butt wow I would have too!...rally at football field now supporting Coach Hager!!

Wasn't going to say it myself, but this was the reason he was fired. Physical altercation with the Martin County BOE Superintendent. You can't do that. No matter the reason.

This surely marks the demise of the Sheldon Clark Cardinals.
Hate to hear this about Coach Hager. Can't believe that is has come to this.....all because people want to protect the health of students. Meadows and the Martin Co BOE needs to get their priorities in order. If nothing else where is their pride....do they want visitors leaving after fball games and talk about the sewage smell. SCHS deserves better. The wrong guy was fired..... Meadows needs to gooooooooo.
Rumor Pike Central, a job opening up there in a month or so. Shawn and Shawn. Let's wait and see.
Spuds Wrote:Rumor Pike Central, a job opening up there in a month or so. Shawn and Shawn. Let's wait and see.

not sure about this but I heard he may be the next head coach at East Ridge.
There was no physical altercation.
Sounds like the Martin Co. Supt'. nose needs to be rubbed in the football locker room floor to get a better undertanding of the situation.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry has about 15 Assistant Coaches...at least you have that going in your favor HAHA

Hate to hear this for Hager. Sheldon Clark has been dealt a rotten hand the past 4 or 5 years.

nm
Good for the players to stand up for there coach. Sends a message to politics. It has ruined several sports programs and will continue. Good Luck Coach. You will be welcomed wherever you choose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Cardinals ride Wrote:There was no physical altercation.

I hope not. He could end up losing his teaching certification if that's true.
jetpilot Wrote:nm

lol:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
Real Badman Wrote:I hope not. He could end up losing his teaching certification if that's true.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Bad situation at SCHS.
bucslover68 Wrote:lol:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

:biggrin:
I fully expect Shawn Hager to resume his head coaching duties by tomorrow. On the other hand, expect the "outsider" superintendent to be ran out of town. Similar situation as him firing Mike Hall. He is not a sports fan and even hear that Meadows made the comment today, that he isn't here for the community or the kids but, because of the financial crisis at the boards office. Videos of todays rally can be seen here. And yes, Meadows was there to address those who attended.
^Filmed in Buttcam!
D IT UP Wrote:I fully expect Shawn Hager to resume his head coaching duties by tomorrow. On the other hand, expect the "outsider" superintendent to be ran out of town. Similar situation as him firing Mike Hall. He is not a sports fan and even hear that Meadows made the comment today, that he isn't here for the community or the kids but, because of the financial crisis at the boards office. Videos of todays rally can be seen here. And yes, Meadows was there to address those who attended.
Without going into too much detail, I can corroborate, the financial crisis IS exactly why he was brought in as an outsider
Confusederiously:This video is sad on many levels, but two things jump out as being obvious from watching it: 1) How long until national media picks this up, and 2) SC should have an NFL-caliber line.
Looks to me that WSAZ was there.
Real Badman Wrote:Looks to me that WSAZ was there.
WYMT was definitely there. Did a story on it tonight, stated that Hager, the superintendent, and their lawyers were having a meeting tomorrow.
I don't think anyone knows the full story yet, but if and when it does all get sorted out and is proven that school officials knew about the sewage problem and let the kids breathe it in and walk through it and did nothing, "heads will roll" and the coach should get his job back.
Didn't even know about this until I saw the story on WSAZ tonight. Nothing was mentioned about a physical altercation. If Coach Hager felt like his kids were in danger and the school super wouldn't do anything about it. Then he should've slugged the super. If that super did in deed know that those kids were at risk and looked the other way.....I've got $20 he doesn't make the route 3 exit out of Inez....Any takers?
PHSForever Wrote:Without going into too much detail, I can corroborate, the financial crisis IS exactly why he was brought in as an outsider

From my understanding, he stated this tonight amongst those supporters at the rally. We're all aware of the reason he was brought into Martin Co, but who has the sack to stand and tell a bunch of pissed off parents and other community members that, I don't care about your children.
This was posted by Gary Ball, one of the board members.

To my constituents: I Looked forward to a relaxing vacation, but I should have realized something I've realized for some time, but hoping things on the Martin County Board of Education would get better. It's abundantly clear they haven't. To me it's obvious SCHS coach Shawn Hager was unjustly fired due to his wife and players' parents' concerns over a serious public health threat at the dressing room facilities at Cardinal Stadium. I believe county schools superintendent Steve Meadows went to see Hager today for no other reason than an attempt to provoke coach Hager into losing his cool. Hager and I have had our differences, but what I was told today -- that Hager made a threatening gesture or something to that effect toward Meadows has no merit. Coach Hager simply wouldn't do that. I know him that well. In the near 20 years he has been here, he has never given a hint of this type behavior. I believe Meadows lost it after seeing photos of backed up sh-- posted on Facebook and went to the high school to confront Hager and lost his cool with Hager, since Hager's wife and parents were complaining to the board. The photos were damning and I believe Meadows was angry with Hager, thinking probably Hager either allowed or put this board member up to taking these photos. Donetta Harless took the photos and is to be commended for doing so. It revealed to the public that conditions there were as bad as reported by parents. I believe coach Hager's right to due process in this firing was non existent. His firing as coach and three-day suspension as teacher are not warranted. Meadows lost his head, got angry acted without thinking or seeking legal counsel -- going so far as to demand that the Kentucky State police be called and he wanted Hager led from the school building in handcuffs. I agree someone needs to be fired ... and it isn't Shawn Hager. Part of my duty as a board member is to help shield the district from liability. This incident with coach Hager has lawsuit written all over it!
Saw on FB that some people are planning a picket at the board office this morning.... is that true???
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
If the Superintendent fired Coach Hager without due process he is in serious legal trouble.
Was Hager fired as the coach and a teacher... or just as the football coach?
Fired as a coach. Suspended as a teacher.
Hopefully everything will work out and Coach Hager will get his job back. If there wasn't a physical altercation or any threats made, there is no justification for the firing. When it's all said and done, I look for Hager to be back on the sideline Friday night.
Matman Wrote:This was posted by Gary Ball, one of the board members.

To my constituents: I Looked forward to a relaxing vacation, but I should have realized something I've realized for some time, but hoping things on the Martin County Board of Education would get better. It's abundantly clear they haven't. To me it's obvious SCHS coach Shawn Hager was unjustly fired due to his wife and players' parents' concerns over a serious public health threat at the dressing room facilities at Cardinal Stadium. I believe county schools superintendent Steve Meadows went to see Hager today for no other reason than an attempt to provoke coach Hager into losing his cool. Hager and I have had our differences, but what I was told today -- that Hager made a threatening gesture or something to that effect toward Meadows has no merit. Coach Hager simply wouldn't do that. I know him that well. In the near 20 years he has been here, he has never given a hint of this type behavior. I believe Meadows lost it after seeing photos of backed up sh-- posted on Facebook and went to the high school to confront Hager and lost his cool with Hager, since Hager's wife and parents were complaining to the board. The photos were damning and I believe Meadows was angry with Hager, thinking probably Hager either allowed or put this board member up to taking these photos. Donetta Harless took the photos and is to be commended for doing so. It revealed to the public that conditions there were as bad as reported by parents. I believe coach Hager's right to due process in this firing was non existent. His firing as coach and three-day suspension as teacher are not warranted. Meadows lost his head, got angry acted without thinking or seeking legal counsel -- going so far as to demand that the Kentucky State police be called and he wanted Hager led from the school building in handcuffs. I agree someone needs to be fired ... and it isn't Shawn Hager. Part of my duty as a board member is to help shield the district from liability. This incident with coach Hager has lawsuit written all over it!

I saw an interview on WYMT with Ms. Harless.

I happen to admire her along with the Coach for having enough guts to stand up and support the kids in this kind of situation. There is NO excuse for it.

You guys know how much I love mountain football, but I gotta wonder if the politics are this horrendous at other school systems. I'm not singling out Martin County, I'm talking about the high schools in the Appalachian Mountains. It's truly a shame.
Matman Wrote:Fired as a coach. Suspended as a teacher.

Tango Victor Michael :thanks: