Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larue Co. Vs. Mercer Co.
http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevi...roster.htm

Don't know why you want it for a Mercer/Larue thread but here ya go.
orisonspi Wrote:Name one 2A "power" school that Mercer has beat?
Depends on what you consider a 2A "power" I guess? They have beaten every team they have played handily no matter what class they have been. Can the other 2A teams say that? I do think that there will be a good game, and it will be this Friday against Larue County or next week against either Trigg County or O-Cath. I do respect the eastern Kentucky teams for what they have done, but I just think this year is Mercer's year unless they have a "bad" game, which is possible.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Mercer
Larue in the upset!!!! 28-26 rememer that

For one... Mercer hasn't had a close game all year..

The closest was against Boyle Co.. and I don't consider 27-14 a close game

Larue is pretty darn good.. they beat a good Western team, at Western.. so this

is my upset of the year
mrfootball03 Wrote:Larue in the upset!!!! 28-26 rememer that

For one... Mercer hasn't had a close game all year..

The closest was against Boyle Co.. and I don't consider 27-14 a close game

Larue is pretty darn good.. they beat a good Western team, at Western.. so this

is my upset of the year
This will be one of the toughest tests to date for the Titans, and if they do not come prepared to play, they will get beaten IMO.

Mercer Co
Points Scored 603
Points Allowed 107
Total Rushing Yards 4498
Total Rushing Yards Allowed 866
Total Passing Yards 391
Total Passing Yards Allowed 1182
Mercer Co Has 25 Interception
Larue Co
Points Scored 375
Points Allowed 223
Total Rushing Yards 2520
Total Rushing Yards Allowed 2520
Total Passing Yards 1650
Total Passing Yards Allowed 793
Thank you Midee1
Heres a site for everone.
www.mercertitans.com
Larue has had a great season, but i think it will come to an end on Friday. This team has showed some real improvement from years past.
Mercer Titans first team players gave up 27 pts so far this year, the second & third team players gave up 80 pts for a total of 107 pts. I think maybe they might have a chance of winning this game.
I hope to make the trip to Harrodsburg, ti is only 50 miles or so from the house. This game and next weeks game should be intresting, but all games are going to be pretty good except for 1A Somerset/Hazard IMO.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I hope to make the trip to Harrodsburg, ti is only 50 miles or so from the house. This game and next weeks game should be intresting, but all games are going to be pretty good except for 1A Somerset/Hazard IMO.
Come on down you can set with me and Kyhotrod36. Go Titans! :1:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:No Jealousy here when Mercer proves they can beat all the remaining teams and claim the title they will get all of the credit they deserve from me.But until Mercer wins the state title they have proved nothing to me.

Exactly as I stand on this one also.....as they have done NOTHING yet....

This is the kind of thing that happened to Russell when Gross played(I think it was '04)......We were undefeated going into Belfry.....alot of people thought we had the state title in the bag.....but belfry beasted up...we WEREN'T invincible.
kyhotrod36 Wrote:Mercer Titans first team players gave up 27 pts so far this year, the second & third team players gave up 80 pts for a total of 107 pts. I think maybe they might have a chance of winning this game.
Russell has given up 47 points and the second,third,fourth and freshman team have given up- 57 for a total of 104, 3 points less than Merger, 10 of those in a 3 OT loss, yea we have a loss and Merger has 0, I know..... Anything can happen... Good luck to both Merger and Larue.. this could be the game of the week...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:Russell has given up 47 points and the second,third,fourth and freshman team have given up- 57 for a total of 104, 3 points less than Merger, 10 of those in a 3 OT loss, yea we have a loss and Merger has 0, I know..... Anything can happen... Good luck to both Merger and Larue.. this could be the game of the week...
The Jealousy here is sickening......Cannot even call a team by its real name? The Eastern Kentucky teams are good and should be respected becasue they can beat anyone, but Mercer is the favorite and they are 2a, not 3A or any other class this year, so who cares if they merged. I think that some fans are just using the merger as an excuse for their team not winning the titlle, but that is their right. Mercer should be shown the respect that other teams are shown IMO, they have earned it this year. Mercer has not proven anything yet except that they are good, it will be intresting to see how they do in the game tonight!

The Jealousy here is sickening......

If you have read any of my predictions from the beginning of the year YOU will see that I have predicted MERGER to win the state...............I expect/respect a team that
puts up that many points, wins by the margins they do. MERGER is an inside joke that someone started up here and you have to have some kind of fun with a team that is going to beat everyone in AA, and probably AAA, and some AAAA...........
Jealousy is out of the question........I am from RUSSELL, why would I be jealous BULL. We have tradition here, if not noted by state titals which we only have 2..... but in the way our program is operated, coached and respect for our kids......
Hey if takes adding another school to your roster to get past the team s inthe EAST,,, well so be it.... BUT YOU WILL NEVER change the tradition that is Russell Football, never change the respect that our coaches have on other teams who are not as strong sometimes, and never come close to the RESPECT our program has football in general.......
MERGER...
MERGER...
MERGER..... does that name upset you??
GET OVER IT and hopefully we will meet MERGER in the GAME, which i expect M-E-R-G-E-R...... to win..
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell=tradition+respect,,,,,why would I be jealous of MERCER..... Just because you get to add another team to your roster is no reason to be jealous.....NUFF SAID...

"" I think that some fans are just using the merger as an excuse for their team not winning the titlle, but that is their right.""

When was this game played,, why are we still playing if MERCER has won it already...
Devilologist Wrote:Russell=tradition+respect,,,,,why would I be jealous of MERCER..... Just because you get to add another team to your roster is no reason to be jealous.....NUFF SAID...

"" I think that some fans are just using the merger as an excuse for their team not winning the titlle, but that is their right.""

When was this game played,, why are we still playing if MERCER has won it already...
Add another team to the roster? What are you talking about? Has Russell ever merged with another school? It happens, it is no big deal that Mercer County is a merged school.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Has Russell ever merged with another school? It happens

I can answer that. No they have not merged with another school. I think the point that Devilologist is trying to make is that Mercer should dominate due to the fact that they combined the talent of 2 football teams. You know the cream of the crop from both teams to form one. The biggest issue that anyone has with the whole Mercer issue is the fact that they merged and yet are still going to separate schools. I think they should have stayed separate until the new school was finished and then the KHSAA would have had the enrollment issue covered.
Midee1 Wrote:I can answer that. No they have not merged with another school. I think the point that Devilologist is trying to make is that Mercer should dominate due to the fact that they combined the talent of 2 football teams. You know the cream of the crop from both teams to form one. The biggest issue that anyone has with the whole Mercer issue is the fact that they merged and yet are still going to separate schools. I think they should have stayed separate until the new school was finished and then the KHSAA would have had the enrollment issue covered.
I noticed that they were going to separate schools the other day, did not make alot of sense to me, but oh well. I agree that they should have not merged until a new school was built, but I am sure it was a money/attendance issue, but I know nothing. Is their attendance this year within the 2A limits?

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Is their attendance this year within the 2A limits?

It is my understanding that their attendance level this year would be the equivalent of a AAA team.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I noticed that they were going to separate schools the other day, did not make alot of sense to me, but oh well. I agree that they should have not merged until a new school was built, but I am sure it was a money/attendance issue, but I know nothing. Is their attendance this year within the 2A limits?

The answer is no but they only have 69 players. So Russell almost has as many as them at 64 and they have 200 or 300 more than Russell and Russell last year had 654. I say they get beat when they play a team who can play defense and has a good offense. I'm guessing they have around 900 or so students now.
Midee1 Wrote:I can answer that. No they have not merged with another school. I think the point that Devilologist is trying to make is that Mercer should dominate due to the fact that they combined the talent of 2 football teams. You know the cream of the crop from both teams to form one. The biggest issue that anyone has with the whole Mercer issue is the fact that they merged and yet are still going to separate schools. I think they should have stayed separate until the new school was finished and then the KHSAA would have had the enrollment issue covered.
My son is bussed from The old Harrodsburg school Where he has gone for 12 years To Mercer 2 times a day. He is in the class of 2007 at Mercer But he has a 2007 Harrodsburg Class ring. That He doesnt wear now!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The answer is no but they only have 69 players. So Russell almost has as many as them at 64 and they have 200 or 300 more than Russell and Russell last year had 654. I say they get beat when they play a team who can play defense and has a good offense. I'm guessing they have around 900 or so students now.
:thumpsup: I think that a team that runs the ball and plays good defense will have a better chance than a team that passes the ball and stops the clock alot. Larue County is balanced as far as their passing and rushing stats, which tells me that they pass the ball as much as they run, which plays into Mercer's hands IMO. If a team plays ball control offense and steady defense, it might make the titans nervous and keep the game close. The key is to not give Mercer more possesions than you because they will more than likely score IMO.