Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 70 Clay County 61 (13th Region Final)
Wolfe,smith,farmer and House if they was what you said they was this wouldn't have been a game just go back and read all your threads😁😁😁😁😁😀😀😀😀😀
^
Listen if u want to be that guy then that's fine. I said nice things about your team after you beat us. I could have said well we will be here next and you won't for another 20 years.
64SUR Wrote:I'm speechless. Confusederiously:

Well you said enough at the game!!!

What a game!! WHAT a game!!!

For some strange reason Clay's signature in this tournament is to get down by double digits and then make a blistering come back. I thought that if they did this against Williamsburg, that they may not make it back. That's exactly what happened. Farmer made his move, and neutralized 14 points of a a 19 point lead. But that's where it stopped. The Jackets showed a ton of maturity and poise in this game, and I was so proud of the way they played.

Congratulations on a phenomenal season Clay County!!

Congratulations to the 14th Regional Champions...The Williamsburg Yellow Jackets!!!!!

I'm going to Rupp to watch them, too!
Clay fans have a cocky attitude and definitely don't take losses well. What would you expect when you win so often? No excuses. Williamsburg has an extremely talented group of athletes. Not just Ball players, but athletes. Really wish them well at the state and hope they represent the mountains well.
Congratulations to Williamsburg. Not really a rivalry with Clay County so I can say that proudly. The Tigers got in a hole and were almost back out of it. Crazy thing is, they return everyone except House. That being said, his defense is going to be hard to replace.
Ok.....Congratulations Williamsburg you have made an old Leslie County boy proud.....I knew in my heart four years ago this would be a special group of kids. I have stood in the rain and cold during football seasons and going to Bowling Green watching you play football and now I am going to Rupp Arena wearing Orange Thank you, Thank you and Thank you. I will never forget this group of kids and parents from Williamsburg....:wenumber1
Congrats to Williamsburg. Congrats to Clay on a great season. Clay was class tonight. Their fans were class after the game. Williamsburg's kids just showed up and refused to lose. Jackets pounded the Tigers on the boards. It was a team effort. Clay never quit and battled to the end. Farmer and Smith were warriors.
Who do they play first game at Rupp?
No offense but I don't like Williamsburgs chances, against anyone down there.
Congratulations to Willamsburg. Clay stunk up the gym the whole tournament and it finally caught up with them. I still believe Clay is twice as talented as the burg. But talent don't always win games .. now I'll take my wheel borrow full of crow with hot sauce please.
They should end up with Louisville Doss. And Doss should win by 25. But hey what do I know. I thought Clay would win easy tonight.
DunkOnMe Wrote:Congratulations to Willamsburg. Clay stunk up the gym the whole tournament and it finally caught up with them. I still believe Clay is twice as talented as the burg. But talent don't always win games .. now I'll take my wheel borrow full of crow with hot sauce please.

Twice as talented showed tonight.
Only problem I have is no one had a chance but CLAY you guys sure didn't give the Burg any respect. I read the post !!!!!yeah I'm am the guy that will call you out on your arrogance and not respect!!!!!!
After the game I had a chance to say congrats to Trey Farmer when he came out of the locker room to shake some Williamsburg players hands, what a great kid and player...
Congrats to Clay Co.
I'm a grown man I can take anything you say. If I give it I've got to take it. Not once did I ever say a bad thing about any of your players. They are a good group of kids. A griffth is gonna really help a team next year whether it be Corbin or South
I still don't respect there schedule.
Congrats Williamsburg Jackets. I'll be at Rupp to cheer you on.
Ballers Wrote:Who do they play first game at Rupp?
No offense but I don't like Williamsburgs chances, against anyone down there.

Well, I like Williamsburg's chances this year in the Sweet Sixteen better than Clay's chances. At least the Jackets are going!!! Ha ha! I hope the Jackets give a better showing for the 13th Region than the team that went the last two years... and got bounced in the first round. Who was that?
DunkOnMe Wrote:I still don't respect there schedule.

:lame:
WE should pay tribute to Flash, Dunk on me, and broken Arrow, they sup[plied us with the best bulletin board material any one would hope for.
To those who have continually said that Williamsburg would lose... every game and every thread you say, "This will be the game the Jackets will lose. (insert school name here) is just too loaded for the Jackets": If someone tells you... every day of your life, "Hey look, you're gonna die today," eventually that person will be right... eventually. Then is it really that impressive when that person says, "See, I told you so"?
DunkOnMe... if Williamsburg wins their first round game, will you do us all a favor and go pound sand for the next 8 months and leave BGR comments to the grown-ups? I don't care if the Jackets take a 30 point butt-whipping at Rupp. WE are going and YOU are not! Have a great baseball and track season.
You need to chill with the Rupp talk. Haha this loss sucks, it does but we've been once or twice. I wish you all the best, sincerely but relax on the state talk. You know who runs eastern Kentucky whether it's every year or not. We don't talk for 40 years about one team winning region like Williamsburg will this one. Now, for the 1987 title, yes, we do. Big difference. Don't be disrespectful to all Clay County fans because 2-3 are boastful on here. We don't have to salivate and hope we'll be back because we know we will. Basketball players are bread in Clay County if anything else. Constantly having players come up and produce. Ryan House is the only true transfer rotation player. I'll never say Trey Farmer is a transfer even if he is. The name says enough
I will miss Flash154. RIP. :Sad04:
Clay you have great tradition , great athletes and for the most part A class fanbase, I nor any Williamsburg poster ever said anything bad toward your team, school, or fans. I am proud of that, You have returning many good athletes, I want to wish you all well and hope to see you in the finals again next year. I would like to solicit your support AS OUR KIDS GO ON TO RUPP. HAD WE LOST WE WOULD HAVE MOST CERTANILY PULLED FOR YOU our mountain cousins. NOW< FOR THE NEXT STEP RUPP 1 GAME AT A TIME>
64 I must admit I did not believe you and how close you pick the spread, I think you are just flat out lucky.
I could see myself cheering for that Williamsburg team if it weren't for the fact that they put my Tigers out of it. Like how it is built with that lineup. Skylar Griffith was by far the difference in this game. Second chance points, rebounding, and some missed free throws kept Clay County of it. So many missed opportunities in the first half as well. Not making excuses, just stating basketball facts. Lord knows this doesn't sting near as much as getting upset by not even a top 5 team in North Laurel 3 years ago.
I've never seen Williamsburg play but congrats on the win. How ever clay isn't a very good basketball team. You have a kid who would play power forward at most schools running the point. They don't play defense and they try to out score people. Offense can only take you so far when you get in to the tourney. They are a very lazy basketball team. Farmer is more of a liability then any thing. He may get you 16 but he's giving up 25.
Congrats to Williamsburg. After seeing how bad Lawrence County beat them awhile back I thought Clay county would win the 13th going away. Williamsburg sure proved me wrong. Congrats to Clay county on a good season and good luck to Williamsburg headed to Rupp.
Avery Bullock Wrote:To those who have continually said that Williamsburg would lose... every game and every thread you say, "This will be the game the Jackets will lose. (insert school name here) is just too loaded for the Jackets": If someone tells you... every day of your life, "Hey look, you're gonna die today," eventually that person will be right... eventually. Then is it really that impressive when that person says, "See, I told you so"?
DunkOnMe... if Williamsburg wins their first round game, will you do us all a favor and go pound sand for the next 8 months and leave BGR comments to the grown-ups? I don't care if the Jackets take a 30 point butt-whipping at Rupp. WE are going and YOU are not! Have a great baseball and track season.

I'll be at rupp cheering for all the mountain schools
I have as well others preached about Farmer's effort on the defensive end all year. And all u hear is how great he shoots it from other clay fans like he gets a free pass . But BA said it best great teams do both good teams do one. And Clay only has 2 players that play defense consistently .
cctiger Wrote:I've never seen Williamsburg play but congrats on the win. How ever clay isn't a very good basketball team. You have a kid who would play power forward at most schools running the point. They don't play defense and they try to out score people. Offense can only take you so far when you get in to the tourney. They are a very lazy basketball team. Farmer is more of a liability then any thing. He may get you 16 but he's giving up 25.

You lost me somewhere. Believe me farmer is not a liability clay is not a lazy team......I will let it go at that. :HitWall: