Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Football In 07
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Junior Brock Kinney was first team all district...I reckon he's a football type athlete.

Is that what you reckon' there buddy? Smile

But seriously SV has the athletes, but it's just a matter of them coming out to play.
I dont think they will go 10-0 they do play Belfry and most Valley fans will admit they arent there yet. They travel to Pburg also so that might be a loss. I dont know their schedule after that. But good luck Vallye.
Belfry Wins Wrote:I dont think they will go 10-0 they do play Belfry and most Valley fans will admit they arent there yet. They travel to Pburg also so that might be a loss. I dont know their schedule after that. But good luck Vallye.

There are some People in Pburg looking forward to welcomning SV to town next year. In fact I hear there is a new training film for the football team to watch before next years game. Should be interesting.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:There are some People in Pburg looking forward to welcomning SV to town next year. In fact I hear there is a new training film for the football team to watch before next years game. Should be interesting.

Well tell them we'll be ready!!
I think that Shelby Valley will do pretty good next year. It wouldn't surprise me for them to be hosting a playoff game. I feel they can come in at least 2nd in the district! Good luck to you guys!
theyll go undefeated and win state
Valley will be down this year. They lose a lot of key players from this past years team. Two starting offensive linemen, John Johnson and Tyler Cable graduate this year, and starting Receiver/Cornerback Colby Newsome also graduates. They still return alot with all-district running back Brock Kinney, and Receiver Lucas Simpkins coming back. Daniel Gillespie is a very good linemen and will have to anchor a very young line this year. Quarterback Tyler Johnson will be in his 3rd year as the starting quarterback and should look very good out there this upcoming year. If Saunders can get the offense clicking, this Wildcat team will have a very productive year in their new district.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:theyll go undefeated and win state

haha
They might win more than 5 games this year, depending on who they schedule. 6 wins for Valley is like a super bowl win in the NFL. Hahahaha
if their schedule is anything like thier basketball's they might go 10-0
I know they play Belfry, P-burg, Bath Co. Morgan Co., Appalachia, Knot Co. Central, Knox Central
Panther Thunder Wrote:if their schedule is anything like thier basketball's they might go 10-0

:thatsfunn This is true
Panther Thunder Wrote:if their schedule is anything like thier basketball's they might go 10-0
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
TRAIN85 Wrote:They might win more than 5 games this year, depending on who they schedule. 6 wins for Valley is like a super bowl win in the NFL. Hahahaha

agreed! 5 wins at valley is a pretty successful year...this program is still in the rebuilding process with new coaches and new players finally juggling more than one sport. saunders seems to be a decent coach and he couldn't ask for any better in an assistant like hampton. i'd say they finish 8-2 next season.
Wonderboy Wrote:agreed! 5 wins at valley is a pretty successful year...this program is still in the rebuilding process with new coaches and new players finally juggling more than one sport. saunders seems to be a decent coach and he couldn't ask for any better in an assistant like hampton. i'd say they finish 8-2 next season.
They have been rebuilding since like what '90, '91, or '92? Saunders is a joke and Hampton is a classy guy. Too bad after they cancel each other out, they are still Valley football.
TRAIN85 Wrote:They have been rebuilding since like what '90, '91, or '92? Saunders is a joke and Hampton is a classy guy. Too bad after they cancel each other out, they are still Valley football.

But how can a program have any stability if they're constantly changing coaches and no one is encouraging athletes to play?
Nobodys fault but Valley.
NYY10 Wrote:haha
i was joking.
I think we will have a alright season this year...im not sayin there goin to be awsome but there not gonna be awful either.
Valley Cat Wrote:I think we will have a alright season this year...im not sayin there goin to be awsome but there not gonna be awful either.

I know one they wont lose.....They wont play Grundy anymore...Who was that poster who said"Coach Saunders said he has never lost to Coach Rowe"...well he has now.....
gridironguru Wrote:I know one they wont lose.....They wont play Grundy anymore...Who was that poster who said"Coach Saunders said he has never lost to Coach Rowe"...well he has now.....

do what????
Everyone quit talking about us loosing alot of player, by the end of the year their were only three seniors even playing i think the only player that isnt a senior who isnt playing next year is lucas because he cused the coach out or something like that but the people who are coming out next year as of now is jake bryant, justin tackett, ashley hatfield, and elisha justice. And if jake does come out he is going to be the perfect person to take lucas and colby starting position at wide reciever. I think we have a great chance of going 10-0 next year but we will just have to see as far as that goes. The greater teams that we have to play have lost alot of talent but will still be a great teams. I think if we can keep this coach for a few years shelby valley will have a great football team. I also think valley has a great chance to go state next year. We have one of the best regions for football and if we can get past prestonsburg i think that we will be fine
they will do better
I've talked to my cousin from Sv and he said that alot of the B-ball players that didn't play last year is going to play this year
winner Wrote:Everyone quit talking about us loosing alot of player, by the end of the year their were only three seniors even playing i think the only player that isnt a senior who isnt playing next year is lucas because he cused the coach out or something like that but the people who are coming out next year as of now is jake bryant, justin tackett, ashley hatfield, and elisha justice. And if jake does come out he is going to be the perfect person to take lucas and colby starting position at wide reciever. I think we have a great chance of going 10-0 next year but we will just have to see as far as that goes. The greater teams that we have to play have lost alot of talent but will still be a great teams. I think if we can keep this coach for a few years shelby valley will have a great football team. I also think valley has a great chance to go state next year. We have one of the best regions for football and if we can get past prestonsburg i think that we will be fine

i think thats the most idiotic statement ive ever read on a bluegrass rivals forum in my whole life.
Well how about u go suck a bird because i no more than u do

Coach Cline Wrote:i think thats the most idiotic statement ive ever read on a bluegrass rivals forum in my whole life.
How can the Shelby Valley middle school team go undefeated and then when they get to high school they are just decent. Can anyone explain?
TomBradyMagic Wrote:How can the Shelby Valley middle school team go undefeated and then when they get to high school they are just decent. Can anyone explain?

After playing in middle school the kids get to high school and probably get tired of playing and some quit playing after that
TomBradyMagic Wrote:How can the Shelby Valley middle school team go undefeated and then when they get to high school they are just decent. Can anyone explain?

Which Shelby Valley middle school are you talking about? Dorton or Virgie?
warriorpride Wrote:Which Shelby Valley middle school are you talking about? Dorton or Virgie?
Virgie of course.