Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott vs. JBS Dec. 19th
Benchwarmer Wrote:I have friends who went there and no longer do. There words are "it's all about the boys ball team." They get and do what they please.

Sorry to burst your bubble but its nothing like that. Those kids get away with absolutely nothing. The school expects the same from each student even if your last name is stepp. They are excepted to behave the same way outside of school, as they are inside of school, which means no partying on the weekends like i have seen numerous atheletes from other schools doing. You can not have a "C" in any single class to play any sport, not a "C" average.
play2win Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but its nothing like that. Those kids get away with absolutely nothing. The school expects the same from each student even if your last name is stepp. They are excepted to behave the same way outside of school, as they are inside of school, which means no partying on the weekends like i have seen numerous atheletes from other schools doing. You can not have a "C" in any single class to play any sport, not a "C" average.

This has to be one of the all time funniest post that I have ever read on Bluegrass rivals. I hope you don't think for a minute that people who know the administration over there will believe a word of that.

:lmao:
Im going with JBS by atleast 7
Will You all Shut Up This Is a Post About Basketball Not Academics Lord.....Jbs did beat a good Mason Co. Team But...that Doesn't mean that they'll play like that this tuesday...they will come in with the big head and Kcc pulls away Winning By 4....
Card_Fan Wrote:Sounds to me like someone has the big head after coming so close to beating mason county...no matter though, this is a different game and anything can happen....but personally i think KCC plays to hard to let JBS run all over them on their home floor

KCC let them run all over them last year and KCC was better last year and JBS is better this year...No chance for Stamper to beat JBS this year..maybe after Clark leaves...nah after Tate leaves...
the_chosen_one Wrote:KCC let them run all over them last year and KCC was better last year and JBS is better this year...No chance for Stamper to beat JBS this year..maybe after Clark leaves...nah after Tate leaves...

LMAO.....I Hate Cocky SOB Like You....My God Who ever comes out to play Will When the Game....Case Close:redboxer:
JBS by 15.
I think right now JBS is the better team , but KCC does have some nice players even though I will be listening to the game supporting KCc im going to go with JBS by 10. 75-65
Jbs-86 KCC-71
Louisville Fan Wrote:LMAO.....I Hate Cocky SOB Like You....My God Who ever comes out to play Will When the Game....Case Close:redboxer:

I am not cocky...I just know....and yes who ever comes out to play will win but JBs is going to win..Go Clark, Tate, Brent, Garrison, Trey, Ryan, and the rest of the team...JBS is the number one team in Knott County!!!
its about time big boy we'll see
Kcc-67 Jbs-62
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:...And I know all about the argument that JBS is suppose to be an academic school and hold a higher standard when it comes to holding a kid back for athletic reasons. But in the long run it's still the parent's and kid's decision, not the school.

I dont see how it is up to the parent and not the school at JBS. Dont they have a limited number of students for each grade? That is what we was told when we was looking into the JBS school.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
kccfan Wrote:I was not impressed with Mason at all. You take Miller off that team and they will lose most their games?

That same team beat Perry the next night by 32. Did that impress you? I'm not a supporter of either team but I'll take JBS by 8 in this rival game.
Not up to speed on knott county, so i have to go with jbs
play2win Wrote:If you think kcc is going to beat jbs you are crazy. No one on the kcc team can match up to stepp and cox. If you havnt noticed the jbs team is no longer a one man show. They have come together as a team. Garrison Collins is back to himself. He was MVP jbs vs. mason co. Thats super impressive? Id like to see kcc accomplish half of jbs has. Guess we will see tuesday but i put jbs up by 10 AT LEAST

I just have to put my two sense in this convo you guys have going on.. Sounds like some people are very jealous and maybe a little intimidated by the Patriots. I had a son to go to both JBS and KCC and he was much happier, more sociable, and academically challenged at KCC. What I'm trying to say is that he was not a snot, brat, or a jethro bo dean.lol.. I will put my five men, Stuart, Michael,Matt,Scott,and Jarrod up against your five plus those extra baggage they call bench warmers.. So we shall play ball tomorrow nite. Now you may win and you may NOT.. But you should know that you never count your earnings until you've made them. :letsparty
formerallamerican11 Wrote:That same team beat Perry the next night by 32. Did that impress you? I'm not a supporter of either team but I'll take JBS by 8 in this rival game.

No, not really. People get too caught up in one game. Mason obviously were not on their best against JBS. If you are trying to tell me that JBS is 30 points better than Perry you're crazy. I see Perry and JBS about the same with Hazard a little notch better than both.

It's funny, when Hazard beat Perry the other night on their home court everyone was saying how Hazard was the team to beat in the region. Now, JBS gets lucky in one game with Mason and suddenly there a top ten team in the state. Let them play a few more games and then make a logical decision.
knott vs. jenkins game, knott was a better team then what they had shown... but if they they let stepp and cox get hot like puckett did agianst them their could be trouble for Knott. but its will be a good game.. im taking knott by 2
play2win Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but its nothing like that. Those kids get away with absolutely nothing. The school expects the same from each student even if your last name is stepp. They are excepted to behave the same way outside of school, as they are inside of school, which means no partying on the weekends like i have seen numerous atheletes from other schools doing. You can not have a "C" in any single class to play any sport, not a "C" average.
You are losing it my friend. I recall Clark Stepp jerking off his jersey and throwing across the floor in the regional loss to Hazard while all the other players shook hands with Hazard Clark stomped off the floor right in front of the headmaster of the school. I recall him patting Clark on the back as he stormed down the ramp to the locker room. When the Stepp boys graduate JBS will go back to the bottom of the region. This is all about one family using the system for personal gain. With an enrollment of less than 100 it is hard to compete every year.
University Heights Academy
JOBAKKA Wrote:You are losing it my friend. I recall Clark Stepp jerking off his jersey and throwing across the floor in the regional loss to Hazard while all the other players shook hands with Hazard Clark stomped off the floor right in front of the headmaster of the school. I recall him patting Clark on the back as he stormed down the ramp to the locker room. When the Stepp boys graduate JBS will go back to the bottom of the region. This is all about one family using the system for personal gain. With an enrollment of less than 100 it is hard to compete every year.

I don't recall Stepp doing that, but if he did, do you not think that it was possible that he didn't want the other team and fans to see his emotional upset? He, as well as the others and the Hazard team, had all played a very hard fought game, and when your team loses a game like that you've fought so hard to win, it may be difficult to hold back the tears. The fact remains, no matter where you are, if you are a private school that is doing well in athletics, no one in the county likes you. (Lexington Catholic, University Heights). If JBS wasn't doing good in basketball and/or if Clark wasn't a Stepp, no one would even care!
Extra Strength Wrote:I don't recall Stepp doing that, but if he did, do you not think that it was possible that he didn't want the other team and fans to see his emotional upset? He, as well as the others and the Hazard team, had all played a very hard fought game, and when your team loses a game like that you've fought so hard to win, it may be difficult to hold back the tears. The fact remains, no matter where you are, if you are a private school that is doing well in athletics, no one in the county likes you. (Lexington Catholic, University Heights). If JBS wasn't doing good in basketball and/or if Clark wasn't a Stepp, no one would even care!
Yes it did happen that way, It was a hard fought game but I was showing how the Stepp boys do get special treatment form thier school. The quote I quoted says everyone is the same and I know of no one who believes that for a second. The disdain for JBS has very little to do that JBS is a private school but in how private schools take advantadge of the system and JBS is just the latest one to use the private advantadge. With less than 100 in enrollment explain the level of talent form other areas that end up at JBS. If you graduate from JBS do you get a free ride at ALC. I have heard this but do not know ii it is true or just rumor.
Extra Strength Wrote:University Heights Academy
So far JBS hasen't reached oversea's like UHA did in the past
Knott by 3
JBS by 5
JOBAKKA Wrote:Yes it did happen that way, It was a hard fought game but I was showing how the Stepp boys do get special treatment form thier school. The quote I quoted says everyone is the same and I know of no one who believes that for a second. The disdain for JBS has very little to do that JBS is a private school but in how private schools take advantadge of the system and JBS is just the latest one to use the private advantadge. With less than 100 in enrollment explain the level of talent form other areas that end up at JBS. If you graduate from JBS do you get a free ride at ALC. I have heard this but do not know ii it is true or just rumor.

You must not know Clark Stepp personally from what I have read about your posts. You are right, the Stepp brothers do a lot for special treatment for their team and school. They are at every school function, they go to all the games, grade school, girls games, no matter what. Every wednesday morning they are both at FCA (fellowship of *christian* atheletes), they are nothing like the people you make them out to be. Your big problem my friend is JEALOUSY! They are really great kids. They have manners. morals, and respect. JBS is also a school that is growing. This year they have 31 freshman, thats the biggest class they have ever had because everyone wants to be at this school. You wait and see, this school is really going places, and you know it!
And the winner is JBS!!!! Told ya so!!!
by how much
play2win Wrote:You must not know Clark Stepp personally from what I have read about your posts. You are right, the Stepp brothers do a lot for special treatment for their team and school. They are at every school function, they go to all the games, grade school, girls games, no matter what. Every wednesday morning they are both at FCA (fellowship of *christian* atheletes), they are nothing like the people you make them out to be. Your big problem my friend is JEALOUSY! They are really great kids. They have manners. morals, and respect. JBS is also a school that is growing. This year they have 31 freshman, thats the biggest class they have ever had because everyone wants to be at this school. You wait and see, this school is really going places, and you know it!

ok he may not know clark stepp but i do and he may do all that stuff but im sorry he is not the great person that jbs says he is. but i will say that he is a good basketball player and i will agree everytime you say it. but please do not go saying that he is a great person cause hes not. and as for jbs growing all i got to say is that more people more problems i have heard of fights happening and no one doing anything about it now i know kcc has fights aleast once a month but when their kids get in a fight they are punished. but thats all im going to say about this because i do not go there and don't know the whole story but some stuff i do know.
allthewayhome Wrote:ok he may not know clark stepp but i do and he may do all that stuff but im sorry he is not the great person that jbs says he is. but i will say that he is a good basketball player and i will agree everytime you say it. but please do not go saying that he is a great person cause hes not. and as for jbs growing all i got to say is that more people more problems i have heard of fights happening and no one doing anything about it now i know kcc has fights aleast once a month but when their kids get in a fight they are punished. but thats all im going to say about this because i do not go there and don't know the whole story but some stuff i do know.

Well i know clark too...a lot better than you. and what kind of fights go on at jbs, cause i go there and i sure dont know of any