Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good is Kash Daniel?
Good enough to start for Trinity or St X. Just happens to play for 1A Paintsville.
Orange Blaze Wrote:While I can appreciate having confidence in a team this is a very foolish statement considering that Raceland is 6-0 against Paintsville since 2011 with a combined score of 242-43 and three shutouts. I think this year Paintsville will give the Rams all they want and they may even be able to beat Raceland but to predict a blowout victory against a team that has beat you by double digits everytime you've played isn't very realistic.

Also puts unwarranted extra pressure on the team to back up the statement that was made. Raceland will be primed and ready to take care of business any way, couple it with statements like that and you end up looking foolish. But, I like the kids confidence and spirit. Nothing wrong with writing checks with ur mouth, long as ur a$$ can cash em lol. Good luck to Kash and the tigers.
Thrillex Wrote:I think he'll have the JJ Jude problem in College...there's a reason you can dominate HS levels, but the NCAA won't let you get by with it, so you'll have to transfer to an NAIA school to get by with it.

What would that be?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Watch the Pikeville, Williamsburg, Bourbon County or Raceland game.

IMO, 1A football is hard to judge a stud player on how good they are. But also playing in the mountains of Eastern KY adds to the difficulty meter of judging him.

I know I'll catch some crap for this..... but it's true.
If Paintsville played a Lex., NKY or L-ville area team & looked like a true 4 Star LB.... Then nobody could say anything. He would be the top story in the across the state.

When Mike Tyson was king of the heavyweight boxing..... he didn't go to local "Tuffman" events and defend his titles. He fought the best in the world. And he KO'ed the best in the world. Some time the king has to prove why he wears the crown.

Kash is a great player. He will have a great senior season. He will have a great career at UK.

The only problem I see with this is......Football is a team sport and no matter the position you play, how good the man in front of you is has a big impact on your performance. I don't care how good of a linebacker you are if your line is bad and getting beat then you are going to look bad and get beat. Is Paintsville as a full team good enough to take on the best teams in the state? I don't think we will know how good he is till we see him play in the next level because at that point he will have way better and more sound players around him.
Do-double-gg Wrote:The only problem I see with this is......Football is a team sport and no matter the position you play, how good the man in front of you is has a big impact on your performance. I don't care how good of a linebacker you are if your line is bad and getting beat then you are going to look bad and get beat. Is Paintsville as a full team good enough to take on the best teams in the state? I don't think we will know how good he is till we see him play in the next level because at that point he will have way better and more sound players around him.

Thats what ive said before. I think how good he is will stand out more at the next level. Raceland's line was and should still be better than Paintsville's on both sides of the ball. So Kash is forced on both sides of the ball to make plays without much help. D1 or not, a 17 year old kid is only capable of so much. UNLESS, it is a Chris Jennings or Arlis Beach type of kid who is 200-230 lbs and runs a 4.4/4.3.
pjdoug Wrote:The weakest SEC school is in a different world than a 1 A high school football team:dudecomeon:

Sorry man...I assumed the joke was fairly obvious but yeah...was making a crack on UK.Certainly there is a difference. SMH.:trolldad2:
0ff The Chain Wrote:Sorry man...I assumed the joke was fairly obvious but yeah...was making a crack on UK.Certainly there is a difference. SMH.:trolldad2:

Confusedtare:
Demarcus ware Wrote:We are great judges of talent. If you dont believe us just ask us Confusednicker:

that is true Smile
scrappy coco Wrote:Paintsville 44 raceland 0 in 3rd quarter!! that's how good he thinks he is. kash has been quoted by Kentucky 247 sports in an interview about his recruitment! said he didn't want to have to think about the process anymore when on Friday night they are whooping the rams!!:redboxer:

I like him less after that comment Confusednicker:
Ohio State and Florida came to Paintsville KY. That alone speaks to his potential in college. When he gets in UK's state of the art nutrition+weight program his times/lifts will be insane. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't see him at the combine one day. Relentless worker.
Bigcat Wrote:Ohio State and Florida came to Paintsville KY. That alone speaks to his potential in college. When he gets in UK's state of the art nutrition+weight program his times/lifts will be insane. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't see him at the combine one day. Relentless worker.

I want in the state of the art nutrition program lol
pjdoug Wrote:I want in the state of the art nutrition program lol
Chicken eggs rice and broccoli PJ. oh, and lots of it Confusednicker:

Kid will do really good at the next level i think, Stoops and Company will get him there with his work ethic.
pjdoug Wrote:I want in the state of the art nutrition program lol

Id settle for some beans and cornbread lol
Demarcus ware Wrote:Chicken eggs rice and broccoli PJ. oh, and lots of it Confusednicker:

Kid will do really good at the next level i think, Stoops and Company will get him there with his work ethic.

Can I eat something besides chicken and broccoli?Smile
Kash is enrolling at UK in Jan. Speaks to his commitment! Great article of how UK has become state of the art in nutrition+training. They're ️rolling commitments in! Just got #2 WR in America in his class!
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-...-him-here/
^
If UK can keep that WR committed, and him not jump somewhere else, which id be surprised if he doesn't, than Stoops just may have something in that class.
That will be the best commit of my lifetime.
He's good real good as showed at camp with some top prospects
I would say as good as he wants to be and the major recruiting services have seen him in action throughout Ky and the rest of the Southeast against the best it has to offer. There's a reason he's rated as high as he is not n the state and the nation and going to the All Anerican bowl because the kid can play at an elite level. It hurts some but he is better than the rest but will have to compete for a job at UK daily that's the way football is at the highest level.
Obviously he is a rare talent considering his offer sheet and performances at camps/combines. UK is transitioning to playing the 3-4 full time so he will contribute at inside linebacker at Kentucky.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If UK can keep that WR committed, and him not jump somewhere else, which id be surprised if he doesn't, than Stoops just may have something in that class.
That will be the best commit of my lifetime.

Bigger than Tim Couch or Dennis Johnson?
Bob Seger Wrote:Bigger than Tim Couch or Dennis Johnson?

I didn't say he would be the best player KY ever picked.
For all I know he gets caught with dope his frosh year and gets kicked out, but if he holds his current ranking there giving him, then yea, he will be the best prospect to come in. Hes just a sophomore though so who knows. Chances are he slips further back.
baller1989 Wrote:Just curious how good this kid is? Anybody have any comments about him?

Good enough to have Div I schools recruit and offer him. The concerns about playing small school ball are warranted. Sure he'll look that much more outstanding running over the small school ranks.

He's camp measurables speak for themselves and that plus his hudl video are the reason why he's earned the opportunity he currently has at UK. Hoping he has a fulfilling and healthy senior season and wish him nothing but the best at UK. Camps and showcases have become a schools #1 recruiting tool since budgets have hamstrung expenses to travel!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Kentucky Wildcats football program is starting to get some excitement around it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didn't say he would be the best player KY ever picked.
For all I know he gets caught with dope his frosh year and gets kicked out, but if he holds his current ranking there giving him, then yea, he will be the best prospect to come in. Hes just a sophomore though so who knows. Chances are he slips further back.
Oh , OK.

I may be wrong but I was thinking that Dennis Johnson was the #1 or #2 ranked player in the country in high school. Tim Couch was described as being "the best high school quarterback in the last 20 years" coming into UK.
^^^In reference to that, imo, Tim Couch got a raw deal in the draft. No line, no backfield, sketchy recievers, a bad combo. I think if he had been drafted by a more stable organization than the then expansion Browns, he'd still be in the league and one of the top tier QBs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^In reference to that, imo, Tim Couch got a raw deal in the draft. No line, no backfield, sketchy recievers, a bad combo. I think if he had been drafted by a more stable organization than the then expansion Browns, he'd still be in the league and one of the top tier QBs.
I agree. He was thrown to the wolves too way soon in the NFL as well on top of it.
Thrillex Wrote:I think he'll have the JJ Jude problem in College...there's a reason you can dominate HS levels, but the NCAA won't let you get by with it, so you'll have to transfer to an NAIA school to get by with it.

I have not followed him in college, just curious how he has been doing?
sstack Wrote:I have not followed him in college, just curious how he has been doing?

According to EKUsports.com he rushed for 637 yards last year, which led the team. He rushed for 195 and 4 tds against Morehead. They have a backfield rotation like Kentucky does and honestly, alot of programs do in college now. They use 4-6 guys a game. According to the website though, he had 10 carries in each of his last 6 games. Seems like he is working or has worked his way into more of a feature back position. Leading in yards and rushing TDs. He took a RS his freshman year.
He transferred to Georgetown College over the Summer after EKU moved him to Safety
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:According to EKUsports.com he rushed for 637 yards last year, which led the team. He rushed for 195 and 4 tds against Morehead. They have a backfield rotation like Kentucky does and honestly, alot of programs do in college now. They use 4-6 guys a game. According to the website though, he had 10 carries in each of his last 6 games. Seems like he is working or has worked his way into more of a feature back position. Leading in yards and rushing TDs. He took a RS his freshman year.

Dy'Shawn Mobley led the COLONELS in rushing last year with 1,491 yards.