Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 37 Perry Central 14
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Perry loses by 20+ and people STILL complain about calls. I give up on most of you people.

Perry should have lost by 50 better thank your coaches son and ref.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Perry loses by 20+ and people STILL complain about calls. I give up on most of you people.

Apparently you missed the point I was attempting to make. I've always been supportive of referees, I have been one. I watch the calls they make in any game I am watching. Generally speaking I like to think I have an appreciation of the difficulty of the job referees do and that is reflected in my assessment of their performance during a game. Any game, not just the North Laurel - PCC game, but I am referring to several high school games we have taken in.

The games I have seen this season, as a whole (and not just North games - several different high school games) - officials are making it more and more difficult for those of us who defend them from inevitable criticism to keep doing so. Some of the errors made have been astonishingly bad, and have left a lot of us wondering two things: do they actually know the rules of the game? And secondly, are they actually watching the game properly? That is where I am coming from it has little to do with the North game per se' and more to do with the job the Refs are doing this season in a lot of games!

:please:
43 D Wrote:Perry should have lost by 50 better thank your coaches son and ref.

Oh golly gosh, thank goodness it was only 23 instead of 50, I am so thankful.

Tight End Wrote:Apparently you missed the point I was attempting to make. I've always been supportive of referees, I have been one. I watch the calls they make in any game I am watching. Generally speaking I like to think I have an appreciation of the difficulty of the job referees do and that is reflected in my assessment of their performance during a game. Any game, not just the North Laurel - PCC game, but I am referring to several high school games we have taken in.

The games I have seen this season, as a whole (and not just North games - several different high school games) - officials are making it more and more difficult for those of us who defend them from inevitable criticism to keep doing so. Some of the errors made have been astonishingly bad, and have left a lot of us wondering two things: do they actually know the rules of the game? And secondly, are they actually watching the game properly? That is where I am coming from it has little to do with the North game per se' and more to do with the job the Refs are doing this season in a lot of games!

:please:

Good response, I really like how logical your explanation is and now that i've pondered it myself, I really agree with the bolded part of your post. I've seen several refs in several games over the past few years especially (high school, middle school, college, etc.) make either the incorrect call or no call at all and it does leave me to wonder whether some of these guys know the rules. As a Perry fan, i'm just accustomed to everyone saying we cheated them regardless of the actual outcome of the game and it starts to get a bit much after several years.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Good response, I really like how logical your explanation is and now that i've pondered it myself, I really agree with the bolded part of your post. I've seen several refs in several games over the past few years especially (high school, middle school, college, etc.) make either the incorrect call or no call at all and it does leave me to wonder whether some of these guys know the rules. As a Perry fan, i'm just accustomed to everyone saying we cheated them regardless of the actual outcome of the game and it starts to get a bit much after several years.

That is the reason I am not sure if some of these calls we are seeing of late are intentional, because we are seeing them so much on so many different levels like you pointed out middle school and college are not immune to this either - I am beginning to think it's more the Refs are not up on the rules of the game enough to make a call! Not sure what ever happened to a job well done in that area - but from what we have encountered, they need to be taking some refresher courses in Ref school!

:truestory:
I was just reading the take on the Bell - Corbin game, (on here) seems like there were a lot of fans @ that game upset about the way that game was called as well. I think where there is smoke there is fire about things of this nature!

:rules:
Tight End Wrote:****************************
That is the reason I am not sure if some of these calls we are seeing of late are intentional, because we are seeing them so much on so many different levels like you pointed out middle school and college are not immune to this either - I am beginning to think it's more the Refs are not up on the rules of the game enough to make a call! Not sure what ever happened to a job well done in that area - but from what we have encountered, they need to be taking some refresher courses in Ref school!

:truestory:

I have been at more then one game at Perry not saying anything about the fans but the calls are bad very bad at all the games I have been at.
43 D Wrote:I have been at more then one game at Perry not saying anything about the fans but the calls are bad very bad at all the games I have been at.

When state/local associations pay "burger flipper" wages for referees, they get burger flippin' refs.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a legitimate football conversation and 10 being an "ah boys..." moment...

I give this thread a solid 11.
I'm at a high school football game every week until the state championship games (three or four of those games are usually Perry Central games), 4 or 5 local college games and I used to ref myself (basketball, but I understand what goes into it).

I can give you my honest opinion that since Perry has moved to their new field there has been no home cooking at Perry games. I watched a game last year when refs called off what would have been a game winning TD in overtime against Letcher and extended a Harlan County drive that ended in a game winning 2 point conversion for HC.

Perry had a couple years where they received some favorable treatment by one crew (I don't deny it) and no one has shut up about it since.

Perry used to be a really hard place to play at because the fans were right up against the opposing team and it was legitimately intimidating and most teams spent as much time jawing at the fans as they did paying attention to the game.

I thought the game was called no differently than any other game around here. A team having more penalty yards than another team doesn't mean the refs did a bad job, just like basketball teams who get called for more fouls mean aren't getting cheated. They just play the game differently and get penalized more.

I understand this post is going to get replied to a million times by people saying "watch the tape" and whatever else. But I'm going vintage Zaga on this one.

zaga_fan is officially retiring from this thread
zaga_fan Wrote:On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a legitimate football conversation and 10 being an "ah boys..." moment...

I give this thread a solid 11.

Laurel County's finest are now in our district Confusednicker:

How convenient they request the move to this district the year they know they can win it. Be such as shame to have to play SW and Pulaski and lose two games instead of beating up on poor ole Whitley and Perry Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Laurel County's finest are now in our district Confusednicker:

How convenient they request the move to this district the year they know they can win it. Be such as shame to have to play SW and Pulaski and lose two games instead of beating up on poor ole Whitley and Perry Confusednicker:

They did no such thing!
:haters::haters:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm at a high school football game every week until the state championship games (three or four of those games are usually Perry Central games), 4 or 5 local college games and I used to ref myself (basketball, but I understand what goes into it).

I can give you my honest opinion that since Perry has moved to their new field there has been no home cooking at Perry games. I watched a game last year when refs called off what would have been a game winning TD in overtime against Letcher and extended a Harlan County drive that ended in a game winning 2 point conversion for HC.

Perry had a couple years where they received some favorable treatment by one crew (I don't deny it) and no one has shut up about it since.

Perry used to be a really hard place to play at because the fans were right up against the opposing team and it was legitimately intimidating and most teams spent as much time jawing at the fans as they did paying attention to the game.

I thought the game was called no differently than any other game around here. A team having more penalty yards than another team doesn't mean the refs did a bad job, just like basketball teams who get called for more fouls mean aren't getting cheated. They just play the game differently and get penalized more.

I understand this post is going to get replied to a million times by people saying "watch the tape" and whatever else. But I'm going vintage Zaga on this one.

zaga_fan is officially retiring from this thread

Why don't you watch some tape, where it is slowed down so you can see what people are talking about and then join the conversation! :ChairHit:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Laurel County's finest are now in our district Confusednicker:

Their 11-1 or 10-2(pending game vs Montgomery) record after they play either one will sure be pretty though.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Their 11-1 or 10-2(pending game vs Montgomery) record after they play either one will sure be pretty though.

Yes it will. LOT BETTER THEN YOURS . I thank your team is pretty good. To bad they have fans like you.

You at least got one part right, We are Laurel County's Finest!! The invitation is still open to come play on the doted lines in front of NLHS!! To be a moderator you are sure full of yourself, it's a shame that your not held to a higher standard?? A standard like GrannyBear and some of the others who are actually enjoyable to read their post and what they have to say. I'm sure you will have a field day with this and that's really okay, it will just go further in proving who you really are. Knock yourself out! As Zaga says I will not post back, done with this one!!
43 D Wrote:Yes it will. LOT BETTER THEN YOURS . I thank your team is pretty good. To bad they have fans like you.

Too bad your grammar is atrocious.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Their 11-1 or 10-2(pending game vs Montgomery) record after they play either one will sure be pretty though.

Very few people ever mention it, but in back-to-back weeks last season, North Laurel lost to Southwestern by 1 point and then lost to Pulaski County the next week by 2 points.

The Jags have likely put together the quietest, most under-the-radar undefeated season in recent memory.They'll definitely be underdogs to both of the mighty, mighty Pulaski teams, but don't be shocked if they take down one, the other, or both. Pointy balls bounce funny sometimes.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Very few people ever mention it, but in back-to-back weeks last season, North Laurel lost to Southwestern by 1 point and then lost to Pulaski County the next week by 2 points.

The Jags have likely put together the quietest, most under-the-radar undefeated season in recent memory.They'll definitely be underdogs to both of the mighty, mighty Pulaski teams, but don't be shocked if they take down one, the other, or both. Pointy balls bounce funny sometimes.

You know, I'm a sucker for a underdog always have been and I think personally that North Laurel is the type of team that can SHOCK a lot of people. They are better right now than they were last season taking them every way!

:Thumbs::eyeroll::rockon::Clap::CheerleadConfusedinglepar:welcome:
Tight End Wrote:You know, I'm a sucker for a underdog always have been and I think personally that North Laurel is the type of team that can SHOCK a lot of people. They are better right now than they were last season taking them every way!

:Thumbs::eyeroll::rockon::Clap::CheerleadConfusedinglepar:welcome:

I think so too, in fact will go so far to say this is the BEST team North has ever had.:Thumbs: