Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Football 2016
I know absolutely nothing about this situation, but I HAVE seen Dalton play. It was only a couple of times, but he impressed me.

I thought he could very well go to the next level.
I know on the KHSAA website, many teams' rosters are not set yet, but I do notice that out of 41 players listed for LC, TD is not one of them....
Didn't know the backstory...but had heard he was no longer with the program.
I haven't seen the Dalton Kid around. So I take it he is not playing ?
Iron Horse Wrote:I haven't seen the Dalton Kid around. So I take it he is not playing ?

I received 100% confirmation from someone very close to the situation that TD will not be playing football this year
Thats a huge blow for an already young team. Some games on the schedule would be go ahead wins with Dalton being the best athelete on the field. Hope he lands on his feet. But that is a near deal breaker for LC, imo. Very young, a staff still getting its feet wet, lose their best playmaker, along with the graduation of his brother, the QB, and a handful of other realy quality kids, its looking like a rebuildong hear for the Dawgs. With that said, they were rebuilding as well when they came into Ram Stadium on homecoming night, i think it was TDs soph year and upset the Rams in one of the best games that series has ever seen. So they still cant be over looked. But the chances of knocking of Belfry in an upset with Dalton on the roster were highly unlikely. Now Id say its impossible. I still see them finishing at .500 or maybe one game below.
Tough blow for him not playing, but let's be real here, he was a recruit from WV from the beginning

At least now they have a true LC team
I am confused about how a kid can have problems with the coaching staff and be removed from the team but still expect to get to participate in other sports. That is ridiculous if the Lawrence County administration allows that kind of behavior.
Confusederiously::please:
WinkWinkler Wrote:I am confused about how a kid can have problems with the coaching staff and be removed from the team but still expect to get to participate in other sports. That is ridiculous if the Lawrence County administration allows that kind of behavior.
I hate to talk about any kid. But last year him and his brother was so disrespectful to our coaching staff and players I can see a good coach not putting up with his attitude. One bad apple and it hurts the whole team
I think I saw Dalton at Belfry practice this evening, was that really him. I couldn't really tell from where I was at but same body frame and he did catch a few passes with one hand.
Belfry4life Wrote:I hate to talk about any kid. But last year him and his brother was so disrespectful to our coaching staff and players I can see a good coach not putting up with his attitude. One bad apple and it hurts the whole team

True,i dont like to talk about a kid but he did same thing to us last year trash talk our players our fans even chain gang.he was indeed a good player but u have respect a team before u can.call urself part of team
Hawks32 Wrote:True,i dont like to talk about a kid but he did same thing to us last year trash talk our players our fans even chain gang.he was indeed a good player but u have respect a team before u can.call urself part of team

Sounds kind of funny coming from a PCC fan. Oh the irony!
is it the year of the dawg?
pjdoug Wrote:is it the year of the dawg?

A lot of this season is gonna depend on how quickly the young qb comes along with making the right reads and such. I think they will be fine this season but I would think this season will be much like last year with a later round loss at Belfry. Pirates will be just too much for 3a schools to contend with this year.
Still can't wait to see Belfry and LC line up this year
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thats a huge blow for an already young team. Some games on the schedule would be go ahead wins with Dalton being the best athelete on the field. Hope he lands on his feet. But that is a near deal breaker for LC, imo. Very young, a staff still getting its feet wet, lose their best playmaker, along with the graduation of his brother, the QB, and a handful of other realy quality kids, its looking like a rebuildong hear for the Dawgs. With that said, they were rebuilding as well when they came into Ram Stadium on homecoming night, i think it was TDs soph year and upset the Rams in one of the best games that series has ever seen. So they still cant be over looked. But the chances of knocking of Belfry in an upset with Dalton on the roster were highly unlikely. Now Id say its impossible. I still see them finishing at .500 or maybe one game below.

Not as big of a blow as you think. Timmy was out for quite a few games last season and Robert didn't even start the season, but we did pretty good without both. I'm hearing good things from parents and kids about coach Short and his attitude and work ethic and it sounds like the boys of Lawrence County have a coach that they like to play for and would be willing to work hard for. The facts are the facts, this team this year is very young with a little less talent at the skill positions but a lot of size and talent on the lines and they will probably have some bumps in the road this year, but like another poster said we have some good talent coming in the next several years and I can see this program getting back to where it should be pretty quick.
Watched the Dawgs scrimmage each other yesterday and thought it went really well. The passing game looked like it needs a lot of work but running wise all the backs looked great. Noah West looked very good at qb running the offense. Still seen a lot of broken tackles due to not wrapping up on defense but it's still early and I know they haven't had a lot of full contact practice.Main thing is that all the players seemed fully engaged in what was going on even when not on the field and showed a lot of enthusiasm.
First time in a while LC don't have any WV transfers on their team.. I think they got the Dean kid, but his dad was a stud and made the transfer from Tolsia when he was in school too, so that's not a big shock and I don't count him... Curious if they will see a decline in transfers now that Tolsia is winning again
0ff The Chain Wrote:Sounds kind of funny coming from a PCC fan. Oh the irony!

Ever team has that one fan that talks about kids if I can remember
there were a few that did the same after the Belfry and LC game Lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Ever team has that one fan that talks about kids if I can remember
there were a few that did the same after the Belfry and LC game Lol

Yeah...lil bit from both fan bases that I remember. Good times....good times.
Wildcat45 Wrote:First time in a while LC don't have any WV transfers on their team.. I think they got the Dean kid, but his dad was a stud and made the transfer from Tolsia when he was in school too, so that's not a big shock and I don't count him... Curious if they will see a decline in transfers now that Tolsia is winning again

Your bitterness about the Daulton kids moving here when they were in middle school gets more and more weird each and every time you mention it. Neither of them are playing now so it should be safe for you to finally let that animosity go before it totally consumes your life if it hasn't already. :dudecomeon:
Please let it go man. The Dalton kids aren't even playing what are you complaining about?
Did LC get a transfer in this week? It may be a rumor but heard they got a kid from OH that might be a running back.
I got to see the kids practice for a bit today. They do have size but I could be wrong we only have 5 or 6 seniors. they was working on the passing game and it needs lots of work. In the end I came away with this, lc will take some losses early and have problems keeping the defense outta the box early on. This year is a building season to what should be a great year next year. One more note these kids looked to be engaged and listening to every thing the coaches where preaching and teaching.all in all lc future looks bright.
Iron Horse Wrote:Please let it go man. The Dalton kids aren't even playing what are you complaining about?

No complaining here. The Daltons were the best players at LC, so of course they are going to be talked about. Before that, it seems like they had transfers every season from across the river. Just thought it was interesting conversation about if they have a decline in transfers. No one mentioned anything about buying a home and recruiting kids because that stuff is just ridiculous
I look for LC to start off a little slow and maybe end the season 500. They are looking toward next season I believe
I think LC is going to be better than people think. It is a rebuilding year with a new coach. But the numbers are up (for schools in this time and area) and the kids are excited. They have good size and some good hard runners.
Did anyone go to the scrimmage Friday night at Prestonsburg? Just curious how we looked? Who took most of the snaps from QB ?
Iron Horse Wrote:Did anyone go to the scrimmage Friday night at Prestonsburg? Just curious how we looked? Who took most of the snaps from QB ?

I was there to watch Knott /Pburg ... Watched some of LC/Letcher I thought LC looked pretty good. Pass defense was sluggish at times but had to be well over 100 degrees on field.