Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Endorses Trump
Demarcus ware Wrote:Not twisting your words at all. Just going by what you are saying. How do you know I don't condemn some of Trumps associates? You don't. You made an assumption and you were wrong. Just like thinking I care about polls. Wrong again. I care about results not polls. For someone not wasting their time you sure are doing a lot of it. It really is this simple to me, I support who I want too support and you support whomever you want. I said 6 months ago none of these candidates are worthy of being president, look it up if you so desire but over the course I made up my mind who I think will bring the economy back and who I think will take care of the immigration problem. I believe it will be Trump, you are free to believe whatever you like. I just get on here for fun because of all the whining. Also, I'm not ready for one term senators who hasn't really accomplished that much. If they had, they would be running on that. We've had that type of person for the last 7 years. Also just an FYI, when you want to insult me, using HC football won't do it, I haven't lived there for several years now.
Ted Cruz was a clerk for former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court William Rehnquist and the Solicitor General for the State of Texas, who argued and won landmark cases before the Supreme Court before winning his U.S. Senate seat.

Marco Rubio was the Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives before he was elected to the U.S. Senate

Trump has zero experience in elected office, has paid more than a million dollars in fines for using illegal alien labor, and is currently defending multiple allegations of fraud in the courts.

Obama was a community organizer and back bencher in the Illinois state Senate, known for frequently voting "Present" before being elected to the U.S. Senate.

If qualifications to be president is important to you, then it is hard to argue that Trump is not the least qualified of the current nominees, and if elected, he might be the least qualified candidate to ever hold the office of President.

To equate Obama's qualifications to those of Cruz and Rubio by ignoring everything on their resumes except their time in the U.S. Senate is ridiculous. Cruz restored the right to carry a concealed weapon and set a precedent in the Heller case, and he took on the Bush administration and the World Court in the Menendez case, which denied rehearings to more than 50 illegal alien prisoners in Texas, including Menendez, who murdered two young girls and was on death row.

Trump has done nothing but talk about what he will do if he is elected but Cruz has already acted to protect the constitutional rights of all Americans, and he did so before he was ever elected to the U.S. Senate.

Trump knows how to buy political influence. Anybody with money and no principles could figure out how to do that. It is not a qualification to be president.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ted Cruz was a clerk for former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court William Rehnquist and the Solicitor General for the State of Texas, who argued and won landmark cases before the Supreme Court before winning his U.S. Senate seat.

Marco Rubio was the Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives before he was elected to the U.S. Senate

Trump has zero experience in elected office, has paid more than a million dollars in fines for using illegal alien labor, and is currently defending multiple allegations of fraud in the courts.

Obama was a community organizer and back bencher in the Illinois state Senate, known for frequently voting "Present" before being elected to the U.S. Senate.

If qualifications to be president is important to you, then it is hard to argue that Trump is not the least qualified of the current nominees, and if elected, he might be the least qualified candidate to ever hold the office of President.

To equate Obama's qualifications to those of Cruz and Rubio by ignoring everything on their resumes except their time in the U.S. Senate is ridiculous. Cruz restored the right to carry a concealed weapon and set a precedent in the Heller case, and he took on the Bush administration and the World Court in the Menendez case, which denied rehearings to more than 50 illegal alien prisoners in Texas, including Menendez, who murdered two young girls and was on death row.

Trump has done nothing but talk about what he will do if he is elected but Cruz has already acted to protect the constitutional rights of all Americans, and he did so before he was ever elected to the U.S. Senate.

Trump knows how to buy political influence. Anybody with money and no principles could figure out how to do that. It is not a qualification to be president.
So Cruz was the Clerk for someone that actually did something? Got it. Now Cruz has gotten cozy with the establishment (Bush family). Shows he will do anything to win. Rubio shouldn't even be in the discussion as he has fallen off a cliff with the rest that has taken on Trump. So that leaves Kasich, which can't win. Like I said in my post the two things important to me is economy and immigration. Trump will fix both. Rubio is tainted from the gang of 8. Cruz has been all over the map so I'll take trump for the win :Thumbs:
I'm hoping for a miracle for a coin flipped Hillary and Kasich.
Demarcus ware Wrote:So Cruz was the Clerk for someone that actually did something? Got it. Now Cruz has gotten cozy with the establishment (Bush family). Shows he will do anything to win. Rubio shouldn't even be in the discussion as he has fallen off a cliff with the rest that has taken on Trump. So that leaves Kasich, which can't win. Like I said in my post the two things important to me is economy and immigration. Trump will fix both. Rubio is tainted from the gang of 8. Cruz has been all over the map so I'll take trump for the win :Thumbs:
Do you seriously have no clue what a clerk for a Supreme Court Justice does? Apparently not. There is no point in arguing with somebody who is so unprepared to support his position. If you want to do some research and have a serious discussion of Cruz's qualifications, then let me know. Otherwise, I will not waste any more of my time.
64SUR Wrote:I'm hoping for a miracle for a coin flipped Hillary and Kasich.
The miracle would be that you get to your coin before Hillary pockets it. Kasich and Rubio are both also rans. If the GOP tries to take the nomination away from either Trump or Cruz, I will have a lot of company in refusing to vote for the Republican candidate. It is not going to happen and if there is any justice left in this country, Hillary will be indicted before the election.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I disagree. The debates have been boring only because Trump is so ignorant of issues that, until the last debate, he has relied on ad hominem attacks and hyperbole to hide that ignorance. Watching Trump in a debate is worse than watching the pre-shot clock North Carolina Tar Heels under Dean Smith execute its four-corner offense.

I despise the GOP establishment but the answer to RINOism is not electing a fascist to the White House. The only reason that Trump is leading this race is name recognition and the media's quest for ratings. Trump is the best argument against limits on campaign fund raising that there has ever been.

Entrenched incumbents in Congress have almost universal name recognition in their districts or states, which is the same advantage with which Trump began his campaign. As I have pointed out many times, Trump is not and has never been "self financed." He takes donations and has loaned his campaign millions of dollars. Those loans will be repaid by donors and he will finance his campaign in the general election campaign the same way that every other candidate will. In short, Trump is a lying hypocrite.

Trump is a Washington insider. He has financed mostly members of the liberal establishment for decades. There is no reason to expect that Trump will keep any of his campaign promises because he has always acted in his own selfish interests. People who have bought political influence in the past are no less corrupt than the people who have sold that influence. Not all people donate to politicians for personal gain, but Trump has boasted that his past donations were made as bribes for political favors.

I know that people in this country are angry at our corrupt federal government, but supporting one of the most corrupt Washington insiders to express that anger makes no sense. Trump has been a fraud in the business world and he has been a fraud in this campaign.

The Republican Party is in dire need of reform - a thorough house cleaning. Trump's goal is not to reform the party, but to destroy it. Rubio and Kasich are the status quo, establishment Republican candidates. Ted Cruz, in contrast, has fought to reform the party since he was first elected to office.

I am a proud member of the #NeverTrump movement and I remain unconvinced that Trump would make a better president than felon Hillary Clinton would. Slapping an "®" beside of his name does not make Hillary's dear friend, Donald Trump, any more presidential than she is.

[Image: http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/b...large2.jpg]

I don't agree with a thing you have said here and innuendo does not pass muster for credible sourcing. Honestly, is it Cruz's libertarian streak that you're so ga-ga over?

I can readily accept a Cruz Presidency and be thankful for it. But in Trump's case, I don't see where accusations which appear to me to stretch credibility to it's most remote limits, serves any good. If Cruz is the best candidate that's fine but, as in the case of cops fabricating evidence or lying to get a conviction, the end is not justified by such means.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Demarcus ware Wrote:So Cruz was the Clerk for someone that actually did something? Got it. Now Cruz has gotten cozy with the establishment (Bush family). Shows he will do anything to win. Rubio shouldn't even be in the discussion as he has fallen off a cliff with the rest that has taken on Trump. So that leaves Kasich, which can't win. Like I said in my post the two things important to me is economy and immigration. Trump will fix both. Rubio is tainted from the gang of 8. Cruz has been all over the map so I'll take trump for the win :Thumbs:

Hoot Gibson Wrote:Do you seriously have no clue what a clerk for a Supreme Court Justice does? Apparently not. There is no point in arguing with somebody who is so unprepared to support his position. If you want to do some research and have a serious discussion of Cruz's qualifications, then let me know. Otherwise, I will not waste any more of my time.

LOL, he could be a rabid liberal instead of a young conservative old buddy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hillary won't be indicted before the election....bet on it. And if she wins, she will never have to answer for her actions.

I understand how Trump can garner all this support. He is so unlike anything we have ever seen running for President. There is nothing politically correct about him, and he is saying out loud what most everybody else is thinking but afraid to verbalize. He isn't dependent on groups that will own him afterward.

You have a middle class who has been trampled upon for years. They are tired of supporting the parasites of this country. They are tired of having to budget down to the penny so that lazy meth heads can have better health care, free housing, reduced cost for food and a free cell phone. Add to that the division that Obama has perpetuated over his 8 years, and it's really a wonder that we don't support Fu Man Chu.

I hope and pray that everyone take a deep breath and do your research. Choose the better person to lead our country, then vote for them!!
35% of the Republican is for Trump.
32% of the Democrat is for Trump.

Do the math :blondetea.....Trump can not win.
TheRealThing Wrote:I don't agree with a thing you have said here and innuendo does not pass muster for credible sourcing. Honestly, is it Cruz's libertarian streak that you're so ga-ga over?

I can readily accept a Cruz Presidency and be thankful for it. But in Trump's case, I don't see where accusations which appear to me to stretch credibility to it's most remote limits, serves any good. If Cruz is the best candidate that's fine but, as in the case of cops fabricating evidence or lying to get a conviction, the end is not justified by such means.
Nothing is being fabricated here, TRT. I resent the implication that I have lied about Cruz's record. If you want to support a completely unqualified fraud for president, then that is your business. I have no intention of joining the Trump cult.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hillary won't be indicted before the election....bet on it. And if she wins, she will never have to answer for her actions.

I understand how Trump can garner all this support. He is so unlike anything we have ever seen running for President. There is nothing politically correct about him, and he is saying out loud what most everybody else is thinking but afraid to verbalize. He isn't dependent on groups that will own him afterward.

You have a middle class who has been trampled upon for years. They are tired of supporting the parasites of this country. They are tired of having to budget down to the penny so that lazy meth heads can have better health care, free housing, reduced cost for food and a free cell phone. Add to that the division that Obama has perpetuated over his 8 years, and it's really a wonder that we don't support Fu Man Chu.

I hope and pray that everyone take a deep breath and do your research. Choose the better person to lead our country, then vote for them!!
There are good reasons that dishonest billionaires have not run for the presidency before, Granny. Hopefully, if nothing else, maybe a Trump presidency would finally persuade future voters that disregarding the character of a candidate is unwise. It was unwise when Bill Clinton was elected, it was unwise when Obama won the office, and it will be a disaster if Trump is elected.

Trump has the highest unfavorable rating among presidential candidates that Gallup has ever recorded (60%). This should be an election that the Republican candidate wins in a landslide. Whoever might win a match-up between Hillary and Trump, every American will be a big loser. Trump is a thin-skinned authoritarian who does not take criticism well and Hillary is a criminal. A nation of more than 300 million people should be able to come up with two much better candidates.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Nothing is being fabricated here, TRT. I resent the implication that I have lied about Cruz's record. If you want to support a completely unqualified fraud for president, then that is your business. I have no intention of joining the Trump cult.

I am quite certain that I did not indicate in even the thinnest terms that you have lied about anything, especially not Cruz's record.

But you have gone to great lengths to express with certainty that Trump is , (in just one post among many mind you) a Fascist, a fraud in the business world and in his campaign, a liar and a hypocrite, corrupt, selfish, wants to destroy the Republican Party and no better than Hillary. All I will say about all that is, I doubt it.

I know you're no lightweight and all I have said is if any of what you say was legitimate, Jorge Ramos et-al would be having a field day with it. I would vote for Cruz, and I would vote for Trump. A vote for anybody else in my view is a vote for Hillary. In any case, Trump is campaigning straight up and IMO deserves better. Nothing personal intended.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Do you seriously have no clue what a clerk for a Supreme Court Justice does? Apparently not. There is no point in arguing with somebody who is so unprepared to support his position. If you want to do some research and have a serious discussion of Cruz's qualifications, then let me know. Otherwise, I will not waste any more of my time.
Of course I have a clue but it's much more fun to see you whine and moan. You and wide right are so butt hurt today you need ointment. You guys are fun to get all worked up. Really you should join the Trump train, Cruz is now dead in the water. He took the wrong side last night after the protest. I thought he was supposed to be this big constitution defender but he takes the side of someone violating someone else's free speech. Can't trust a snake. Choo choo Hoot hear that train coming?? Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Of course I have a clue but it's much more fun to see you whine and moan. You and wide right are so butt hurt today you need ointment. You guys are fun to get all worked up. Really you should join the Trump train, Cruz is now dead in the water. He took the wrong side last night after the protest. I thought he was supposed to be this big constitution defender but he takes the side of someone violating someone else's free speech. Can't trust a snake. Choo choo Hoot hear that train coming?? Confusednicker:
No, I don't believe that you had a clue, Demarcus. Maybe you do now. If so, then good for you. You will not waste any more of my time. I never expect to change the mind of a Trump cultist, but there is always hope for those who have not fallen under his spell.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, I don't believe that you had a clue, Demarcus. Maybe you do now. If so, then good for you. You will not waste any more of my time. I never expect to change the mind of a Trump cultist, but there is always hope for those who have not fallen under his spell.
Yeah think whatever you want, nobody really gives a Hoot. I see you are the type of person that thinks everyone needs to think like you or else they are wrong. You call me a cultist, I call you a control freak that if he doesn't get his way he runs off like once before already. What makes you think people want you too change their minds? Who made you boss? Maybe just maybe if someone wanted their minds changed they would ask you first Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah think whatever you want, nobody really gives a Hoot. I see you are the type of person that thinks everyone needs to think like you or else they are wrong. You call me a cultist, I call you a control freak that if he doesn't get his way he runs off like once before already. What makes you think people want you too change their mindsConfusednicker:? Who made you boss? Maybe just maybe if someone wanted their minds changed they would ask you first
People who have joined a cult are always the last to know. Confusednicker:

Like I said, I have no expectation of changing the mind of Trump supporters. If they were interested in facts, they would have backed one of the other 16 more qualified candidates who were in the race.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Of course I have a clue but it's much more fun to see you whine and moan. You and wide right are so butt hurt today you need ointment. You guys are fun to get all worked up. Really you should join the Trump train, Cruz is now dead in the water. He took the wrong side last night after the protest. I thought he was supposed to be this big constitution defender but he takes the side of someone violating someone else's free speech. Can't trust a snake. Choo choo Hoot hear that train coming?? Confusednicker:

Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, I don't believe that you had a clue, Demarcus. Maybe you do now. If so, then good for you. You will not waste any more of my time. I never expect to change the mind of a Trump cultist, but there is always hope for those who have not fallen under his spell.

Demarcus made an excellent point and you ignored it. Cruz says he is an unwavering defender of the written constitution. If so, he should decry such events has have happened at recent Trump rallies. Or is the enemy of my enemy is my friend, or does the end justify the means?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Demarcus made an excellent point and you ignored it. Cruz says he is an unwavering defender of the written constitution. If so, he should decry such events has have happened at recent Trump rallies. Or is the enemy of my enemy is my friend, or does the end justify the means?
Cruz has condemned the behavior of the protesters. That does not excuse the comments that Trump has made. Trump is a bully who could not pass a basic Civics test. He has advocated torture and illegally targeting the families of terrorists. When he was asked what he would do if the military did not follow his orders to engage in those activities, he replied that that would not be a problem. When it was pointed out to Trump that the military is barred from executing illegal orders and that torture and targeting non-combatant families would be illegal, he said that he would work to get the law "expanded" but would follow the law.

These are the kind of idiotic statements that Trump supporters would condemn if Obama or a Democrat with a "(D)" beside of his name made, but Trump supporters seem oblivious to his ignorance of our constitutional system of government. As bad as Obama and Hillary are, and they are evil people, they are not stupid enough to openly advocate commanding our military to commit felonies. Trump's mouth runs much faster than his brain.

I am applying the same standard to judging Trump's record, behavior, and words that I applied to Obama and Hillary. Trump supporters seem to have a set of separate standards that immediately excuse the stupid statements that he makes every day.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Cruz has condemned the behavior of the protesters. That does not excuse the comments that Trump has made. Trump is a bully who could not pass a basic Civics test. He has advocated torture and illegally targeting the families of terrorists. When he was asked what he would do if the military did not follow his orders to engage in those activities, he replied that that would not be a problem. When it was pointed out to Trump that the military is barred from executing illegal orders and that torture and targeting non-combatant families would be illegal, he said that he would work to get the law "expanded" but would follow the law.

These are the kind of idiotic statements that Trump supporters would condemn if Obama or a Democrat with a "(D)" beside of his name made, but Trump supporters seem oblivious to his ignorance of our constitutional system of government. As bad as Obama and Hillary are, and they are evil people, they are not stupid enough to openly advocate commanding our military to commit felonies. Trump's mouth runs much faster than his brain.

I am applying the same standard to judging Trump's record, behavior, and words that I applied to Obama and Hillary. Trump supporters seem to have a set of separate standards that immediately excuse the stupid statements that he makes every day.
Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich all came out and blamed Trump for the Protest no matter how you want to spin it, but it's ok, videos are everywhere of him doing so. As for everything else I'll just say this, while you are sitting up on your perch looking down on all of us cultist or dummies, just remember people like you have been trying to tell people for a long time how they should vote, and all it has gotten us is this mess we are in now. People are voting how they want now, and it's killing people that enjoy telling others how they should vote. I love it, whether it's right or wrong I enjoy people pushing back against the status quo. Don't worry about responding Hoot, I'm done talking with a wannabe tyrant as much as you are done talking with a cultist Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich all came out and blamed Trump for the Protest no matter how you want to spin it, but it's ok, videos are everywhere of him doing so. As for everything else I'll just say this, while you are sitting up on your perch looking down on all of us cultist or dummies, just remember people like you have been trying to tell people for a long time how they should vote, and all it has gotten us is this mess we are in now. People are voting how they want now, and it's killing people that enjoy telling others how they should vote. I love it, whether it's right or wrong I enjoy people pushing back against the status quo. Don't worry about responding Hoot, I'm done talking with a wannabe tyrant as much as you are done talking with a cultist Confusednicker:
Sorry, I reply when I choose to do so. I am not telling anybody how to vote. As for tyrants, Trump is the only Republican wannabe tyrant in this race, and you seem okay with it. Enjoy the cult while it lasts.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Cruz has condemned the behavior of the protesters. That does not excuse the comments that Trump has made. Trump is a bully who could not pass a basic Civics test. He has advocated torture and illegally targeting the families of terrorists. When he was asked what he would do if the military did not follow his orders to engage in those activities, he replied that that would not be a problem. When it was pointed out to Trump that the military is barred from executing illegal orders and that torture and targeting non-combatant families would be illegal, he said that he would work to get the law "expanded" but would follow the law.

I've not heard him do that, got a link?

The libs are the one's who've demanded that we turn loose the internees there in Guantanamo Bay. The libs are the one's who labeled water boarding torture. If you're saying you count yourself among them IDK.

But you're right, all Trump supporters are idiots. Every bad thing that has been said about Trump is the gospel truth, and obviously, there are no good things to even bring up. The man is scum. Unfortunately, the Kentucky caucuses are over and Trump won. The next opportunity I know of for people in this state to vote will be in November. By that time only one Republican will be left.

Call me stupid, but I guess I am just missing the point of all the brouhaha.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I've not heard him do that, got a link?

The libs are the one's who've demanded that we turn loose the internees there in Guantanamo Bay. The libs are the one's who labeled water boarding torture. If you're saying you count yourself among them IDK.

But you're right, all Trump supporters are idiots. Every bad thing that has been said about Trump is the gospel truth, and obviously, there are no good things to even bring up. The man is scum. Unfortunately, the Kentucky caucuses are over and Trump won. The next opportunity I know of for people in this state to vote will be in November. By that time only one Republican will be left.

Call me stupid, but I guess I am just missing the point of all the brouhaha.
I don't have a link and I'm not in the mood to search for one. I have posted many well documented arguments against Trump in their own thread and I doubt that you have read all of those posts. Just Google "Trump torture water boarding kill terrorist families."

If you want to confirm the facts for yourself and trust that the videos have not been manipulated, then you should be able to find video clips of Trump making these statements on Youtube.

The torture to which I refer is not water boarding, which I support in limited situations. Trump was vague and did not use the word "torture," but made it clear that waterboarding was just the minimum that should be used in questioning terrorists. He was either unaware or unconcerned that waterboarding and "far worse" is currently illegal.

Trump was very clear about killing the families of terrorists. The statement was also made during a debate, as was his response to the question about the possibility that members of the military might disobey his orders. Like many of Trump's outrageous. poorly conceived positions, he walked them back within a day or so, undoubtedly after his lawyers and political advisers had some serious discussions with him.

Members of our military cannot commit crimes against humanity and then use the "just following orders" excuse. Following unlawful orders is covered by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Members of the U.S. military are obligated to disobey unlawful orders. Unfortunately, that presently includes orders to waterboard a prisoner.

One would think that Trump would not need to have these facts explained to him by a lawyer but one would be wrong.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't have a link and I'm not in the mood to search for one. I have posted many well documented arguments against Trump in their own thread and I doubt that you have read all of those posts. Just Google "Trump torture water boarding kill terrorist families."

If you want to confirm the facts for yourself and trust that the videos have not been manipulated, then you should be able to find video clips of Trump making these statements on Youtube.

The torture to which I refer is not water boarding, which I support in limited situations. Trump was vague and did not use the word "torture," but made it clear that waterboarding was just the minimum that should be used in questioning terrorists. He was either unaware or unconcerned that waterboarding and "far worse" is currently illegal.

Trump was very clear about killing the families of terrorists. The statement was also made during a debate, as was his response to the question about the possibility that members of the military might disobey his orders. Like many of Trump's outrageous. poorly conceived positions, he walked them back within a day or so, undoubtedly after his lawyers and political advisers had some serious discussions with him.

Members of our military cannot commit crimes against humanity and then use the "just following orders" excuse. Following unlawful orders is covered by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Members of the U.S. military are obligated to disobey unlawful orders. Unfortunately, that presently includes orders to waterboard a prisoner.

One would think that Trump would not need to have these facts explained to him by a lawyer but one would be wrong.

Okay great, and thank you for answering. Just as in the case of John Kasich's treachery today, Trump's critics have taken liberties and stretched some points in order to make the case that he is going to torture people. I was in the Armed Services and though I'm no expert, I have a reasonable grasp of the UCMJ.

Trump is no polished politician, and he speaks off the cuff. A trait that I am quite comfortable with, especially in view of the guile filled verbosity of the past 7 plus years. I've just had it with the lying.

The families of terrorists would as soon cut your head off as would the Daddies. I understand what Trump meant when he spoke of extended family units that worked together to hide the terror activities of their criminal kinsmen. They are just as guilty and that argument is supported by San Bernardino. While terroristic monsters use the benefits of our law's protection as an umbrella under which to operate in a safe environment, we have become slave to the letter of the law. They can do any heinous crime imaginable, but we are very limited in how we can respond, under the law. I'm one of those who would like to think that the law should work to benefit the law abiding, not the criminals among us. Trump's statement reflected that frustration and I saw through it immediately.

Where you see dishonesty in Trump, I see honesty. I know when I'm being lied to and I know when Cruz has stretched the truth to suit his political fortunes. For example, Trump certainly did not intentionally and purposefully fund the gang of eight. Five politicians who wound up being part of the gang of eight had received donations from him in the past. That is a significant distinction in my book, but Cruz says it anyway. And BTW, Trump doesn't go around bribing politicians with money, they come to him asking for money. Again, big difference. Poisoning the well one shares with his neighbor because he is mad at him, is what this election cycle looks like to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Okay great, and thank you for answering. Just as in the case of John Kasich's treachery today, Trump's critics have taken liberties and stretched some points in order to make the case that he is going to torture people. I was in the Armed Services and though I'm no expert, I have a reasonable grasp of the UCMJ.

Trump is no polished politician, and he speaks off the cuff. A trait that I am quite comfortable with, especially in view of the guile filled verbosity of the past 7 plus years. I've just had it with the lying.

The families of terrorists would as soon cut your head off as would the Daddies. I understand what Trump meant when he spoke of extended family units that worked together to hide the terror activities of their criminal kinsmen. They are just as guilty and that argument is supported by San Bernardino. While terroristic monsters use the benefits of our law's protection as an umbrella under which to operate in a safe environment, we have become slave to the letter of the law. They can do any heinous crime imaginable, but we are very limited in how we can respond, under the law. I'm one of those who would like to think that the law should work to benefit the law abiding, not the criminals among us. Trump's statement reflected that frustration and I saw through it immediately.

Where you see dishonesty in Trump, I see honesty. I know when I'm being lied to and I know when Cruz has stretched the truth to suit his political fortunes. For example, Trump certainly did not intentionally and purposefully fund the gang of eight. Five politicians who wound up being part of the gang of eight had received donations from him in the past. That is a significant distinction in my book, but Cruz says it anyway. And BTW, Trump doesn't go around bribing politicians with money, they come to him asking for money. Again, big difference. Poisoning the well one shares with his neighbor because he is mad at him, is what this election cycle looks like to me.
You're right. If you see honesty in Trump, you are seeing something that is totally invisible to me. I see a man who is equally dishonest as his close personal friends, Bill and Hillary Clinton. Like you, I am fed up with the lies. The last thing this country needs is another untrustworthy president. We also do not need another president who shoots his mouth off about issues and events of which he knows nothing about, only to have his spokesman explain what he meant to say. Trump is making Joe Biden seem presidential, which is a difficult feat.

2016 may be the first time in history when the candidates of both major political parties are compelled to testify under oath in a courtroom while campaigning for president - one to defend himself against allegations of fraud and the other to defend herself against charges of violating the Espionage Act.

I am pretty sure that if Ted Cruz wins the nomination, he will not be dragged into a courtroom to defend himself against civil or criminal charges. Call me stupid, but the fact that there are at least three class action lawsuits against Trump companies alleging fraud may be a political problem for Trump, despite the fact that he will be running against a likely felon.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You're right. If you see honesty in Trump, you are seeing something that is totally invisible to me. I see a man who is equally dishonest as his close personal friends, Bill and Hillary Clinton. Like you, I am fed up with the lies. The last thing this country needs is another untrustworthy president. We also do not need another president who shoots his mouth off about issues and events of which he knows nothing about, only to have his spokesman explain what he meant to say. Trump is making Joe Biden seem presidential, which is a difficult feat.

2016 may be the first time in history when the candidates of both major political parties are compelled to testify under oath in a courtroom while campaigning for president - one to defend himself against allegations of fraud and the other to defend herself against charges of violating the Espionage Act.

I am pretty sure that if Ted Cruz wins the nomination, he will not be dragged into a courtroom to defend himself against civil or criminal charges. Call me stupid, but the fact that there are at least three class action lawsuits against Trump companies alleging fraud may be a political problem for Trump, despite the fact that he will be running against a likely felon.

I've looked and this is what I found with regard to Cruz denouncing the riots at Trump rallies.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/ted-...vi-AAgG4DM

What I hear from the lips of Mr Cruz is his laying the blame for the actions of the so-called protestors, which are far more likely to be operatives set in motion to interdict the American process, at the feet of Mr Trump. According to Cruz, Trump actively encourages this sort of thing. A charge which I find to be preposterous and blatantly false.

It would appear to me that Mr Cruz knows how to take liberties with liable laws without getting into any trouble for having done so. Trump has not called for violence, although he may have pointed it out on the campaign trail.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I've looked and this is what I found with regard to Cruz denouncing the riots at Trump rallies.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/ted-...vi-AAgG4DM

What I hear from the lips of Mr Cruz is his laying the blame for the actions of the so-called protestors, which are far more likely to be operatives set in motion to interdict the American process, at the feet of Mr Trump. According to Cruz, Trump actively encourages this sort of thing. A charge which I find to be preposterous and blatantly false.

It would appear to me that Mr Cruz knows how to take liberties with liable laws without getting into any trouble for having done so. Trump has not called for violence, although he may have pointed it out on the campaign trail.
Many Trump supporters are exercising some very selective outrage at Trump's political opponents. Watching protesters getting dragged away as Trump taunts them and his supporters roar with applause is just part of the floor show at Trump rallies.

The groups supplying Trump with a steady stream of protesters are just answering Trump's casting call. Standing in front of his supporters dealing with villainous protesters keeps the clock running and minimizes the time that Trump has to fill with intelligent discourse.

Free publicity and a basis for claiming himself to be a victim are just part of Trump's cynical campaign strategy. The protesters get free publicity for their causes. It is a win-win for all involved, except for those on the receiving end of a punch or kick.

Tyrants have been providing similar distractions to people in exchange for political support for millenia. The practice has been proven effective in many cultures over the centuries.

Below are a few examples of Trump's inflammatory rhetoric. His tactics are working, so I don't expect him to change them much.

Your idea of what constitutes a "blantantly false" statement is apparently much different than mine. As for libel suits, Trump has already proven that he lacks the courage to follow through on his empty threats to file nuisance lawsuits against Ted Cruz.

The last video clip shows an example of a cool headed, courageous man dealing with protesters - a real leader who does not draw his courage from a mob.

[YOUTUBE=""]WzYv5foyAS8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]CMg407gaFro[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]W3Id3eya7D0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]xMVLwl35R_I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]1QCbpafD3Pw[/YOUTUBE]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Many Trump supporters are exercising some very selective outrage at Trump's political opponents. Watching protesters getting dragged away as Trump taunts them and his supporters roar with applause is just part of the floor show at Trump rallies.

The groups supplying Trump with a steady stream of protesters are just answering Trump's casting call. Standing in front of his supporters dealing with villainous protesters keeps the clock running and minimizes the time that Trump has to fill with intelligent discourse.

Free publicity and a basis for claiming himself to be a victim are just part of Trump's cynical campaign strategy. The protesters get free publicity for their causes. It is a win-win for all involved, except for those on the receiving end of a punch or kick.

Tyrants have been providing similar distractions to people in exchange for political support for millenia. The practice has been proven effective in many cultures over the centuries.

Below are a few examples of Trump's inflammatory rhetoric. His tactics are working, so I don't expect him to change them much.

Your idea of what constitutes a "blantantly false" statement is apparently much different than mine. As for libel suits, Trump has already proven that he lacks the courage to follow through on his empty threats to file nuisance lawsuits against Ted Cruz.

The last video clip shows an example of a cool headed, courageous man dealing with protesters - a real leader who does not draw his courage from a mob.

[YOUTUBE=""]WzYv5foyAS8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]CMg407gaFro[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]W3Id3eya7D0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]xMVLwl35R_I[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=""]1QCbpafD3Pw[/YOUTUBE]

You've done a lot of research here. But we are none the less still talking past each other. Cruz did blame Trump for the presence of protestors at his rallies. Probably, among the Chicago protestors and very likely Kansas City too, were some of the same faces that were involved in Ferguson or the shut down of Michigan Avenue, the Chicago Stock Exchange, or the disruptive protests there in February meant to stop deportations.

The right to assemble is a centerpiece of this nation, as is Freedom of Speech. Those unalienable rights are literally under siege. A currently popular idiom is 'the genie is out of the bottle." Now that rioters have gotten their foothold in this nation thanks to the sponsored insurrection which began with the 'Occupy Wall Street Movement.' how are we going to get those folks to 'pull those horns back in?'

Bill Ayers was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I'd bet the smile on his face right now makes the Cheshire Cat look like the Sad Sack. Concerts, football games, schools, hospitals, the beach, Church meetings, and now the political process, among myriad soft targets, are all suffering disruption at the hands if what many have called the one two punch of professional protestors or more seriously, terrorists. I heard nothing, nada, out of Cruz's mouth by way of any sort of scolding to these thugs. I have heard nothing out of anybody's mouth really, except a few news types like Dobbs, Hannity and Stewart Varney by way of truthful condemnation for this cancerous force for evil. If Cruz is the statesman I at one time thought he was, he needs to step up with a much more pronounced effort.

If you are unwilling to concede this one point, just say so and I'll give up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You've done a lot of research here. But we are none the less still talking past each other. Cruz did blame Trump for the presence of protestors at his rallies. Probably, among the Chicago protestors and very likely Kansas City too, were some of the same faces that were involved in Ferguson or the shut down of Michigan Avenue, the Chicago Stock Exchange, or the disruptive protests there in February meant to stop deportations.

The right to assemble is a centerpiece of this nation, as is Freedom of Speech. Those unalienable rights are literally under siege. A currently popular idiom is 'the genie is out of the bottle." Now that rioters have gotten their foothold in this nation thanks to the sponsored insurrection which began with the 'Occupy Wall Street Movement.' how are we going to get those folks to 'pull those horns back in?'

Bill Ayers was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I'd bet the smile on his face right now makes the Cheshire Cat look like the Sad Sack. Concerts, football games, schools, hospitals, the beach, Church meetings, and now the political process, among myriad soft targets, are all suffering disruption at the hands if what many have called the one two punch of professional protestors or more seriously, terrorists. I heard nothing, nada, out of Cruz's mouth by way of any sort of scolding to these thugs. I have heard nothing out of anybody's mouth really, except a few news types like Dobbs, Hannity and Stewart Varney by way of truthful condemnation for this cancerous force for evil. If Cruz is the statesman I at one time thought he was, he needs to step up with a much more pronounced effort.

If you are unwilling to concede this one point, just say so and I'll give up.
Actually, it did not take much research to refute your position that Trump has done nothing to incite violence against protesters. I am a political news junkie, so I knew what I would find before I searched for the video clips. It just took some time to cull out the clips that were too long or included left wing commentary. The media is going very easy on Trump for now, but if he wins the nomination, they will be merciless in their attacks against him.

If Donald Trump is your idea of a statesman, then perhaps you should give up. Both Cruz and Fiorina have condemned the actions of the protesters. If you bothered to watch the video of Cruz handling Code Pink protesters and think that he is not a statesman compared to Trump, then I have little hope that you will ever change your mind.

Cruz appeared on ABC This Week this morning and repeated his condemnation of the protesters' tactics, but the video has not yet been posted on Youtube. However, if Trump cannot handle a few protesters at his rallies during the primary season, those groups will overwhelm him with protesters if he wins the nomination. As the videos that I posted show, Trump uses the same kind of tactics that left wing radicals use to draw attention to his campaign and to fire up his supporters. There is a reason that Trump rallies are associated with violent confrontations between his supporters and protesters and that reason is Donald Trump wants it that way. Peaceful protests and calm political speech does not draw much media coverage.

I will continue to trust my own eyes and ears over the empty, angry rhetoric of an emotionally unstable, spoiled billionaire brat. We all have to make our own decisions and I have made mine. Trump is a dangerous cult leader, who will never have my support. Trump is and will continue to destroy the Republican Party. If he expects Republicans to unite behind him, then Trump is also delusional. It is never going to happen.

#NeverTrump
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Actually, it did not take much research to refute your position that Trump has done nothing to incite violence against protesters. I am a political news junkie, so I knew what I would find before I searched for the video clips. It just took some time to cull out the clips that were too long or included left wing commentary. The media is going very easy on Trump for now, but if he wins the nomination, they will be merciless in their attacks against him.

If Donald Trump is your idea of a statesman, then perhaps you should give up. Both Cruz and Fiorina have condemned the actions of the protesters. If you bothered to watch the video of Cruz handling Code Pink protesters and think that he is not a statesman compared to Trump, then I have little hope that you will ever change your mind.

Cruz appeared on ABC This Week this morning and repeated his condemnation of the protesters' tactics, but the video has not yet been posted on Youtube. However, if Trump cannot handle a few protesters at his rallies during the primary season, those groups will overwhelm him with protesters if he wins the nomination. As the videos that I posted show, Trump uses the same kind of tactics that left wing radicals use to draw attention to his campaign and to fire up his supporters. There is a reason that Trump rallies are associated with violent confrontations between his supporters and protesters and that reason is Donald Trump wants it that way. Peaceful protests and calm political speech does not draw much media coverage.

I will continue to trust my own eyes and ears over the empty, angry rhetoric of an emotionally unstable, spoiled billionaire brat. We all have to make our own decisions and I have made mine. Trump is a dangerous cult leader, who will never have my support. Trump is and will continue to destroy the Republican Party. If he expects Republicans to unite behind him, then Trump is also delusional. It is never going to happen.

#NeverTrump

You sidestepped it again, that's fine with me. All I can tell you is your eyes and ears are telling you things which mine do not.

As of this morning maybe Cruz did step up, I have not seen that yet. If he did condemn the actions of the protestors in question this morning, for everything I could dig up on it, he would have done so for the first time. There was no repeating of earlier statements unless he once again used it as a segway into another assault on Trump. The link I put up clearly shows him tearing into Trump and judging him by placing the blame and the resultant foment directly on Trump's shoulders. A case of political opportunism if I ever saw it. All this went down only yesterday and what I heard Cruz say was said last night. And you are in denial if you think those protests are not organized by Trump opponents.

Thus the protests you have characterized as spontaneous and involving a "few protestors" is a bit disingenuous and the protests in particular are about as innocuous as the attacks in Benghazi. I saw your clip of Cruz dealing with the Code Pink protestors the first time you put it up a couple of months ago, and though I could appreciate your enthusiasm, if you think that method would work on the type of people who've disrupted the Trump rallies I would disagree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You sidestepped it again, that's fine with me. All I can tell you is your eyes and ears are telling you things which mine do not.

As of this morning maybe Cruz did step up, I have not seen that yet. If he did condemn the actions of the protestors in question this morning, for everything I could dig up on it, he would have done so for the first time. There was no repeating of earlier statements unless he once again used it as a segway into another assault on Trump. The link I put up clearly shows him tearing into Trump and judging him by placing the blame and the resultant foment directly on Trump's shoulders. A case of political opportunism if I ever saw it. All this went down only yesterday and what I heard Cruz say was said last night. And you are in denial if you think those protests are not organized by Trump opponents.

Thus the protests you have characterized as spontaneous and involving a "few protestors" is a bit disingenuous and the protests in particular are about as innocuous as the attacks in Benghazi. I saw your clip of Cruz dealing with the Code Pink protestors the first time you put it up a couple of months ago, and though I could appreciate your enthusiasm, if you think that method would work on the type of people who've disrupted the Trump rallies I would disagree.
What, no admission that you were wrong about Trump doing nothing to incite violence among his supporters? The clips that I posted were not intended to be comprehensive. Taunting protesters as they are escorted away from or dragged away from Trump events are a routine part of his rallies. Telling supporters to knock the crap out of protesters and promising to pay their legal expenses for doing so clearly crosses the line of civilized behavior.

You implied that Cruz was using his legal skills to avoid technically committing libel against Trump. Whether you like it or not, both Cruz and Rubio made valid points about the atmosphere that Trump's rhetoric creates at his events. That does not make the protesters' actions right, but it does make your assertion that Trump is blameless unsupported by facts and your implication that Cruz's statement flirted with libel wrong.

Also, I never described the protests as "spontaneous," so please stick to creating your own claims and I will compose mine. There is no doubt that at least some of the protests are being carefully planned and executed, but Trump's antics unnecessarily divert attention away from the protesters.