Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins Wisconsin?
A cheese stick named Rolfes.
plantmanky Wrote:A cheese stick named Rolfes.

:Thumbs: Confusednicker: Don't you just wonder sometimes what the result would be if there was a "none of the above" option for elections?
WideRight05 Wrote::Thumbs: Confusednicker: Don't you just wonder sometimes what the result would be if there was a "none of the above" option for elections?

I bet they would be mooooooooooooooooooooooooving.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump and his fans can't have it both ways. Trump has whined the entire campaign about the possibility that the GOP establishment would change the rules to cheat him out of the nomination. now that it looks like he may fail to win the majority, he and his fans are whining about the prospect that if the rules are not changed in his favor, he will lose.

This is like realizing your team is going to lose a game and arguing that you should be given the win because you led all the major categories of stats. Those arguments don't work in the sports world and they won't work in the political world either.

Thats just it though, Trump has been the front runner for the entire race and has destroyed the GOP field. Nobody I arguing or whining about losing. Were pissed off that somebody with the most votes and most delegate could get screwed out of the nomination. Forget the rules. If Trumps has the most votes and most delegates and they give the nomination to Cruz, this party is destroyed. Why wouldn't we expect and want the win if that's the case?
If that happens then Trump will run as a 3rd party candidate, and I would not blame him. He will also take his voters and Cruz doesn't stand a chance.

The difference in you and the rest of us is we have all repeatedly said we would vote for cruz if he won the nomination out right and got to 1237, but its not going to happen.

Ted Cruz will not be the next president. He will not beat Trump for the nomination and even if they screw Trump out of the nomination, half the Republican party will vote as a 3rd party for Trump.

Its a lose lose for Cruz.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats just it though, Trump has been the front runner for the entire race and has destroyed the GOP field. Nobody I arguing or whining about losing. Were pissed off that somebody with the most votes and most delegate could get screwed out of the nomination. Forget the rules. If Trumps has the most votes and most delegates and they give the nomination to Cruz, this party is destroyed. Why wouldn't we expect and want the win if that's the case?
If that happens then Trump will run as a 3rd party candidate, and I would not blame him. He will also take his voters and Cruz doesn't stand a chance.

The difference in you and the rest of us is we have all repeatedly said we would vote for cruz if he won the nomination out right and got to 1237, but its not going to happen.

Ted Cruz will not be the next president. He will not beat Trump for the nomination and even if they screw Trump out of the nomination, half the Republican party will vote as a 3rd party for Trump.

Its a lose lose for Cruz.
I really do not understand how anybody can argue that it would be unfair to Trump if he lost the nomination under the rules that have been in effect since 2012. The anti-Trump vote has been bigger than the pro-Trump vote in every primary and caucus so far. That means that it is very likely that Trump will have the support of a minority of delegates who will attend the convention.

If there is a second ballot at the convention, I believe that Cruz will be the odds on favorite to win the nomination with a majority of the delegates.

Trump should have hired somebody who was capable of reading and understanding the rules that govern the nomination process, but Trump does not seem to think rules apply to him. He violated Wisconsin state law today by entering a polling place during the election.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I really do not understand how anybody can argue that it would be unfair to Trump if he lost the nomination under the rules that have been in effect since 2012. The anti-Trump vote has been bigger than the pro-Trump vote in every primary and caucus so far. That means that it is very likely that Trump will have the support of a minority of delegates who will attend the convention.

If there is a second ballot at the convention, I believe that Cruz will be the odds on favorite to win the nomination with a majority of the delegates.

Trump should have hired somebody who was capable of reading and understanding the rules that govern the nomination process, but Trump does not seem to think rules apply to him. He violated Wisconsin state law today by entering a polling place during the election.

64sur odds if there is a second ballot at the convention. Confusednicker:

John Kasich 3-1
Paul Ryan 5-1
Ted Cruz 8-1
Donald Trump 64-1
64SUR Wrote:64sur odds if there is a second ballot at the convention. Confusednicker:

John Kasich 3-1
Paul Ryan 5-1
Ted Cruz 8-1
Donald Trump 64-1
I'll take Cruz for $100, Alex.

Nobody but Cruz or Trump has a chance of winning on the second ballot, if there is one. Both of them will still have some delegates that will be required to vote for them on the second ballot. Besides, Kasich is on pace to lose 49 of 50 states, plus all of the territories and DC. He is a little short of the required 8 state wins.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I'll take Cruz for $100, Alex.

Nobody but Cruz or Trump has a chance of winning on the second ballot, if there is one. Both of them will still have some delegates that will be required to vote for them on the second ballot. Besides, Kasich is on pace to lose 49 of 50 states, plus all of the territories and DC. He is a little short of the required 8 state wins.

Well if this is true they will need to extend the republican convention for another week. Trump folks want vote Cruz and Cruz folks want vote trump. So they will agree on Kasich in the end or all will agree with Paula Ryan. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I'll take Cruz for $100, Alex.

Ok you convince me not to make odds on Cruising Cruz on winning the republican nominee. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Well if this is true they will need to extend the republican convention for another week. Trump folks want vote Cruz and Cruz folks want vote trump. So they will agree on Kasich in the end or all will agree with Paula Ryan. Confusednicker:
30 to 40 percent of Trump's delegates, if not more, probably already support Cruz. Cruz has a national organization that has been working to get delegates elected at the state level who will support him if Trump fails to win a majority of the delegates on the first ballot.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:30 to 40 percent of Trump's delegates, if not more, probably already support Cruz. Cruz has a national organization that has been working to get delegates elected at the state level who will support him if Trump fails to win a majority of the delegates on the first ballot.

My understanding they are 106 delegates that will change there vote to Cruzer... Democrat are ready Hoot. TongueirateSho
Where are the mad Trump posters :welcome: :insane:Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Where are the mad Trump posters :welcome: :insane:Confusederiously:

Waiting for the end of the Republican party.
64SUR Wrote:Where are the mad Trump posters :welcome: :insane:Confusederiously:
I am too busy laughing at the Trump campaign's unprofessional statement to gloat. This sounds like one of Trump's tweets. I wonder if he has fired his writers and hired some more fourth graders. My first reaction to this statement was that it must be the work of The Onion, but no, this is actually what passes for an official statement for the Trump campaign.

Read this closely, Trump supporters. Is this the work of somebody who you really want to trust with the nuclear football?

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfU0WeJWwAACw8z.jpg:medium]
I'd rather have Trump then the establishment puppet cruz.
He looked great up on stage with walker.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'd rather have Trump then the establishment puppet cruz.
He looked great up on stage with walker.
You forgot to call him a Trojan Horse. (See the official Trump Campaign talking points above.)

Trump was not tweeting last night. My guess is that he was writing his press release himself.

Trump should have apologized to his staff for running such a lousy campaign in Wisconsin. He wasted a lot of people's time.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump and his fans can't have it both ways. Trump has whined the entire campaign about the possibility that the GOP establishment would change the rules to cheat him out of the nomination. now that it looks like he may fail to win the majority, he and his fans are whining about the prospect that if the rules are not changed in his favor, he will lose.

This is like realizing your team is going to lose a game and arguing that you should be given the win because you led all the major categories of stats. Those arguments don't work in the sports world and they won't work in the political world either.

Really, tell me the last time a candidate stayed in the race so long with only a one state victory tally. Tell me the last time there was a #Never movement against the front runner. Or the last time The National Review came out with an entire issue devoted to slamming the front runner because he wasn't conservative enough or the right kind of conservative, according to their pinch nosed member's only club. I mean, I was for Romney, but even I knew he was no conservative by these guys standards and we heard nary a peep out of them.

538 says that Trump has won 93% of the target delegates to win the nomination at this point. While Cruz has won only 54% of his target.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/elec...e-targets/

Might be a little rough sledding, but Cruz has an awful lot of work to do to stop Trump from making it on the first ballot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Really, tell me the last time a candidate stayed in the race so long with only a one state victory tally. Tell me the last time there was a #Never movement against the front runner. Or the last time The National Review came out with an entire issue devoted to slamming the front runner because he wasn't conservative enough or the right kind of conservative, according to their pinch nosed member's only club. I mean, I was for Romney, but even I knew he was no conservative by these guys standards and we heard nary a peep out of them.

538 says that Trump has won 93% of the target delegates to win the nomination at this point. While Cruz has won only 54% of his target.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/elec...e-targets/

Might be a little rough sledding, but Cruz has an awful lot of work to do to stop Trump from making it on the first ballot.
I don't really see how any of your points address my point that leaving the rules as they are, which Trump originally wanted to do, is the most fair way to treat everybody involved, or that changing the rules to require that Trump only be required to win a plurality of the vote would be the most unfair thing to do. Unlike the number of delegates required to win a majority of the delegates, the "target" established by 538 is an arbitrary one.

It is not unprecedented for a candidate to stay in the race in an attempt to gain influence for himself, as Kasich has done. Huckabee did it to block Romney, perhaps to stop a Mormon from winning the White House, when Mccain was nominated. I understand the argument for Kasich dropping out but Kasich is hurting Cruz's chances of winning more than Trump's.

Cruz is still in the race because he knows that Trump currently has the support of the minority of the delegates that have been selected to serve as delegates at the convention. If Trump cannot win a simple majority of delegates, then he should not be the nominee. It makes no sense to argue otherwise.
^Dumba$$
jetpilot Wrote:^Dumba$$
Brilliant retort. Did you come up with that all on your own, or is that the Trump marching order of the day?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Brilliant retort. Did you come up with that all on your own, or is that the Trump marching order of the day?

I don't need no Trump to point out no idiot...Democrats are smarter than you and depend on your type to keep their power. :flush:
jetpilot Wrote:I don't need no Trump to point out no idiot...Democrats are smarter than you and depend on your type to keep their power. :flush:
Hillary Clinton is dying to run against Trump. You are supporting the same man as she is. I am supporting the most conservative candidate running. Yeah, you are really displaying some smarts supporting a liberal Democrat posing as a Republican.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Hillary Clinton is dying to run against Trump. You are supporting the same man as she is. I am supporting the most conservative candidate running. Yeah, you are really displaying some smarts supporting a liberal Democrat posing as a Republican.

BULL. Hillary wants no part of Trump one on one. He would eat her alive. Again, I am fine with Cruz. And not foaming at the mouth attacking other Republicans on here like you are. :flush:
jetpilot Wrote:BULL. Hillary wants no part of Trump one on one. He would eat her alive. Again, I am fine with Cruz. And not foaming at the mouth attacking other Republicans on here like you are. :flush:
Yeah, all those polls showing Hillary beating Trump by double digits just have to be wrong. All she has going for her is that she is a close personal friend of Donald J. Trump, right?:lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yeah, all those polls showing Hillary beating Trump by double digits just have to be wrong. All she has going for her is that she is a close personal friend of Donald J. Trump, right?:lmao:

Same polls as Hillary beating Communist Bernie by 30+ in Michigan? You don't seem to know crazy Communist Bernie is beating Hillary's brains out.Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Same polls as Hillary beating Communist Bernie by 30+ in Michigan? You don't seem to know crazy Communist Bernie is beating Hillary's brains out.Confusednicker:
The same kind of polls that showed Ted Cruz a big favorite to beat Trump in Wisconsin. I am not just talking about one poll. The last time I counted, Trump had lost 26 of 28 polls matching him against Hillary, and he has not won any since my last count. The two polls in which Trump edged Hillary in were taken more than six weeks ago and were both within the margin of error.

I know that Trump and his supporters prefer online polls. The polls that overwhelmingly proved that Trump won every single Republican debate. The polls that Ron Paul never lost. The polls where a cult follower with basic computer skills can participate in as many times as they want.

It is strange how I never see Trump supporters criticizing Trump for smearing his Republican opponents, but they do not seem to hesitate to call his critics the same kind of childish names that Trump calls Cruz and every other candidate who has run against him. Do you see the logical disconnect there, jetpilot?

Is it really OK for Trump to trash other Republican candidates but wrong for the supporters of those candidates to point out Trump's mind boggling flaws?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The same kind of polls that showed Ted Cruz a big favorite to beat Trump in Wisconsin. I am not just talking about one poll. The last time I counted, Trump had lost 26 of 28 polls matching him against Hillary, and he has not won any since my last count. The two polls in which Trump edged Hillary in were taken more than six weeks ago and were both within the margin of error.

I know that Trump and his supporters prefer online polls. The polls that overwhelmingly proved that Trump won every single Republican debate. The polls that Ron Paul never lost. The polls where a cult follower with basic computer skills can participate in as many times as they want.

It is strange how I never see Trump supporters criticizing Trump for smearing his Republican opponents, but they do not seem to hesitate to call his critics the same kind of childish names that Trump calls Cruz and every other candidate who has run against him. Do you see the logical disconnect there, jetpilot?

Is it really OK for Trump to trash other Republican candidates but wrong for the supporters of those candidates to point out Trump's mind boggling flaws?

Flaws are in the eye of the beholder and your rhetoric is your opinion. You don't make any better argument than any other politician on either side of the aisle. The only thing mind boggling to me is how anyone can keep electing politicians who prove over and over they are incompetent/corrupt. Wait, unless they derive their living from fat, wasteful, corrupt government (wink wink).Confusedhh:
And it's no surprise Cruz won Wisconsin after his endorsement from Walker. Please. It's going to get interesting now. Hopefully you can continue to get fat on the backs on the taxpayers no matter who is elected. But you are way too transparent on here to change anyone's mind.
jetpilot Wrote:Flaws are in the eye of the beholder and your rhetoric is your opinion. You don't make any better argument than any other politician on either side of the aisle. The only thing mind boggling to me is how anyone can keep electing politicians who prove over and over they are incompetent/corrupt. Wait, unless they derive their living from fat, wasteful, corrupt government (wink wink).Confusedhh:
I doubt that it takes much to boggle your mind. BTW, this was a prediction thread. I predicted a 10 percent Cruz win before Trump started campaigning in Wisconsin and upped it to 15 after he started shooting himself in the feet. Cruz won by 13. How did you do? Or are you just the bitter Monday armchair quarterback type?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I doubt that it takes much to boggle your mind. BTW, this was a prediction thread. I predicted a 10 percent Cruz win before Trump started campaigning in Wisconsin and upped it to 15 after he started shooting himself in the feet. Cruz won by 13. How did you do? Or are you just the bitter Monday armchair quarterback type?

I knew Cruz would win Wisconsin. And again, I am fine with Trump or Cruz. You are the on one here bashing Republican candidates, government taxpayer trough guy. Confusednicker: