Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 66 Magoffin County 50
I don't think the score shows how close the game was.
Does anyone go to these games to evaluate these refs if not they should sneek into to the gym unannouced to the refs and watch something has got to be done they were terrible on both sides
EKY Sportster Wrote:Not a great game for the Tigers! The Tigers started out awesome with a 14-2 lead in the first couple of minutes of the game. Then it just got very sloppy for both teams. The Tigers had moments of greatness and awe inspiring play, but they were very few and far between. The Tigers made way to many mistakes, poor decisions and petty fouls. That sort of play will kill them against top Region teams come March. And if they take that same type of game to Montgomery Co. when they play South Laurel they will get it handed to them big time!

Magoffin played hard the whole game (nothing new in the MC v. Paintsville series). But they made more than their own fair share of mistakes. If they had played even 90% smart ball and taken it to the hoop they could have possibly beaten the Tigers.

But Paintsville obviously has the most talent this year and on a sloppy very bad night for both teams, that is what won out.

(And I know that the first thing the MC fans will get on here and say is that the refs cheated them out of it. But anyone that was there really knows better. MC cheated themselves if anything cheated them out of it. Although I will admit that the refs made some very strange calls, but they were mostly equal about it at least).

You made a pretty good analysis of the game. But, then you had to go and insult the MC fans.. That was uncalled for. MC has some very loyal parents and fans as do all teams. Hope tp meet you in the region.:letsparty
Congrats Paintsville