Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg's Coach has been let go
Justsayin Wrote:Doesn't matter. Going to go in the direction of "daddy ball" and will lose half the team.

Don't know much about Williamsburg politics but I think I know who "daddy ball" is. If this is true, untelling who gets job.:truestory:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Gut I think you may be right about an in house getting the job. Can't understand why they would put people out by having them fill out applications and all if they know who it will be. JMOConfusederiously:

Im still leaning in that direction, but I have heard a couple of names, and it would surprise some to hear one of them for sure, but im not going to say who out of respect.
I also take back my male pick if they don't go with who im thinking. It could be a female if it goes a different direction than I think.

Just have to wait it out.
JMO: Williamsburg has some talent in some younger kids. It would be such an injustice to hire for political reasons and pass on a Coach with Some experience and better qualified for the job. Just because someone wants ole So and So.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:JMO: Williamsburg has some talent in some younger kids. It would be such an injustice to hire for political reasons and pass on a Coach with Some experience and better qualified for the job. Just because someone wants ole So and So.

I agree. Yet IMO that was the reason they let the last coach go. It's hard to find a coach that WANTS all players to be successful not just the ones who's parents have money or "power". Daddy ball will take over and all the potential will be thrown out the door, or onto the court of another gym...
They have one very good candidate but seem incapable of thinking outside the box. Need to move the program forward and not sell the kids out. Not a political hire but not very inspired.
I'm afraid you are correct E's Army!! Not sure if the school makes good sound decisions for the future of the programs......
E's Army Wrote:They have one very good candidate but seem incapable of thinking outside the box. Need to move the program forward and not sell the kids out. Not a political hire but not very inspired.

Like I said, no dog in this fight. Did they hire someone ?? Why would they pass over a good candidate for someone not so good ?? Don't understand.Confusedhh:
I have heard they missed on their top two candidates and I am afraid they are going to settle on someone....E is spot on...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ill stick with my Male, in house pick Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill stick with my Male, in house pick Confusednicker:

I'd say you're probably on the same brain wave as I but I still call it "Daddy Ball"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill stick with my Male, in house pick Confusednicker:

Good Group of Kids, hard working Kids. Sad they don't get best Coach that applied. Good luck to new coach whomever it is.
:popcorn:
Justsayin Wrote:I'd say you're probably on the same brain wave as I but I still call it "Daddy Ball"

I assume the interviews are over. Looks like that was case before they started. When is the Big Home Run announcement coming ????Confusednicker:
Heard a name being tossed around today. Not "daddy ball". Being told he did not apply. Will not mention name I heard out of respect. Being told he is from Whitley Co. Why not just name a Coach so players and parent know who it is. Just saying !
Doubt it would be a Whitley coach or teacher.....too much of a pay cut to go.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Doubt it would be a Whitley coach or teacher.....too much of a pay cut to go.

Retired Coach and Teacher Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
I hope you are right
E's Army Wrote:I hope you are right

If my info is right you had a couple retired teacher-coach people apply. One from Whitley Co. and one from close by. Don't know for sure.
The Whitley option was a no go. Heard it was offered but turned down.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The Whitley option was a no go. Heard it was offered but turned down.

Who's next ??? Looks like no one wants it.:HitWall:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Who's next ??? Looks like no one wants it.:HitWall:

They got rid of the one that wanted it. Hard to find someone who can compete with the dedication of the previous coach. IMO. My niece went to their basketball camp last summer, previous coach was hugely pregnant showing how to do drills. Sounds to me like good ole wburg just can't find someone to do something for nothing anymore.
Justsayin Wrote:They got rid of the one that wanted it. Hard to find someone who can compete with the dedication of the previous coach. IMO. My niece went to their basketball camp last summer, previous coach was hugely pregnant showing how to do drills. Sounds to me like good ole wburg just can't find someone to do something for nothing anymore.

Don't know about all that. Looks like those who applied don't want job. My question is why?? :Shaking::Shaking:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The Whitley option was a no go. Heard it was offered but turned down.

Now I'm hearing he had a change of heart and now he wants it. What to hell I'd tell him to forget it. Either you want job or you don't, don't jerk people around. JMO
I'm not in a School System or School Politics so excuse me for not knowing. Case: Coach applies for a job, Job is offered and they say no. Then later change mind and call and say I want job. As a School Administrator would have to wonder why the change of heart ?? My reaction would most likely be I don't think you want job at all or you would have take it on 1st offer. JMO
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Now I'm hearing he had a change of heart and now he wants it. What to hell I'd tell him to forget it. Either you want job or you don't, don't jerk people around. JMO

To be honest, (assuming we are talking about the same person) I have no earthly ideal why he would even want to mess with it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest, (assuming we are talking about the same person) I have no earthly ideal why he would even want to mess with it.

I'm sure it is same person. Don't see 2 retired Teacher-Coach people from Whitley applying for it. Both sides need to get on with it. Hire, accept or move on to next person. :eyeroll:
Hearing my original thought was right. In house coach already associated with the team.
Couldn't get what they wanted. Most likely should have kept Vermillion.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hearing my original thought was right. In house coach already associated with the team.
Couldn't get what they wanted. Most likely should have kept Vermillion.

So have they hired a Coach?? If so who is it ?? Could have been what they wanted all along. At one time I thought they cared about Girls basketball but now I have my doubts.:flush::flush::flush:
Wow, Just Wow, That about says it all. No experience. Would not be my choice but maybe they will give him time to learn. Good kids will be gone by then.
Congrats to New Girls Coach at Williamsburg. May the Basketball Gods be with you and good luck.
OldJacket Wrote:New administration wanting to go in a different direction...As Cellking said there is lots of potential there with a young team coming back...
:yesno: