Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toward a More Civil Discourse
⬆⬆ All these pundits and social media folk need controversy and outrage to keep the career going. For instance, the Muslim family that lost a son in defense of country. He spoke at the DNC and went after Trump. While I think Mr. Trump would have been wise to leave the wife out of it, it was well within boundaries for him to defend himself. I don't recall DT ever saying that Muslim Americans aren't good citizens. In my view, this is unfair. If a person is Muslim or disabled, and they enter the debate with criticism of a candidate, they don't get a sympathy pass. In my view, the media and pundits help generate controversy and add to division this way, and it helps boost ratings.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ All these pundits and social media folk need controversy and outrage to keep the career going. For instance, the Muslim family that lost a son in defense of country. He spoke at the DNC and went after Trump. While I think Mr. Trump would have been wise to leave the wife out of it, it was well within boundaries for him to defend himself. I don't recall DT ever saying that Muslim Americans aren't good citizens. In my view, this is unfair. If a person is Muslim or disabled, and they enter the debate with criticism of a candidate, they don't get a sympathy pass. In my view, the media and pundits help generate controversy and add to division this way, and it helps boost ratings.

This story is over a decade old, twelve years in fact. They dredged it up to create the appearance of impropriety and a lack of sensitivity on the part of Mr Trump. There is nothing in the US Constitution or the 14th Amendment on immigration. We do however, have extensive immigration law, even if those laws are not presently enforced. Mr Khizr Khan was wrong in his suggestion and the Dems are guilty of theater.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:This story is over a decade old, twelve years in fact. They dredged it up to create the appearance of impropriety and a lack of sensitivity on the part of Mr Trump. There is nothing in the US Constitution or the 14th Amendment on immigration. We do however, have extensive immigration law, even if those laws are not presently enforced. Mr Khizr Khan was wrong in his suggestion and the Dems are guilty of theater.

I do think DT would be wise to bring in Newt Gingrich as a sort of general election guru advisor. What Gingrich said today about picking three or four big themes and hammering the honesty/ trustability issues of HRC and laser-like focus in staying on that until November was on point in my view.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I do think DT would be wise to bring in Newt Gingrich as a sort of general election guru advisor. What Gingrich said today about picking three or four big themes and hammering the honesty/ trustability issues of HRC and laser-like focus in staying on that until November was on point in my view.

Might not be a bad idea at all. The same putrified media that made a 24/7 news sensation about the Khan family, also completely ignored the bald faced lies Hillary told Chris Wallace on his Sunday show. The people, are somehow going to have to wake up to the scourge of media bias in this land and recognize the likely truth on their own. Trump will recover, but the media will not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Define irony: Pat Smith and Charlie Woods whether legally justifiable or not, can connect culpability for the death of their slain sons to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Who BTW managed to slide practically unscathed, out of the convention limelight. And yet they (Smith and Woods) got almost no post convention coverage to that end. Khisr Khan on the other hand, who can in no way connect the conditions of his son's death, (slain by an Islamic Radical extremist FTR) to Donald J. Trump, owing most profoundly to the fact that said death predates Mr Trump's public life by at least 11 years, has become world famous for his role at the Democrat Convention. And Trump meanwhile, the Republican Presidential Nominee, has been maligned by Dems, the press, and Republican establishment RINO's mightily.

The predicted dog piling is starting to take on proportions which more aptly resemble Mount Rushmore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]