Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central @ Corbin 08/27
After thinking long and hard I am going to pick Corbin by 6 in a relatively low scoring game.

20-14 Hounds
I will go with Central by 14 I think the Yellow Jackets are a little better than we thought
Corbin by 7.
Dave Diamond
Pound High School Class of '89
Union College Class of '93
U.S. Army Class of '97

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -Galations 2:20
This will be one of the best games on Friday, I think Central pulls out a close one.
The game is at Corbin not central.
This is one of the most intriguing matchups of the season. Evident of the predictions being all over the place. Excellent HS football, would love to see it live!! Good luck to both teams.
I'm going with Central.
Haddix is proving he isn't afraid to go out and play a competitive schedule. With that being said, I think Corbin is finally ready for the "big stage". This team looks to be much improved from last year and it all starts with Sizemore. Sizemore is playing with poise and a comfort level I haven't seen from him in the past. He seems much more confident in his reads and his arm looks stronger and more accurate. The defense is once again solid, but will have it's hands full with Central's overall speed. I think in the end, the physicality of Corbin and the fact the offense is more balanced, will be the keys to victory. Corbin wins 21-14. Good luck to Coach Haddix and the Redhounds.
mysonis55 Wrote:I am a firm believer that you shouldn't play anyone in your same class that isn't a district game. It just gives them 1 more chance to see what you have in case you meet up in the playoffs. I realize this couldn't happen until state but, what if it does?

That being said, I like Central in a close game.

Only chance to replay is in the title game so this could be a good game to play.
corbin win in close tough game by 9
Anyone have the link if Corbin radio streams the game online?
bucslover68 Wrote:Anyone have the link if Corbin radio streams the game online?

They didn't last year when we traveled to Corbin.
You should be able to access the games via the radio station 107.3. The link is below:
http://t1073.com/
I think this will be one of the best games in the mountains this week!

Corbin -27
Central - 24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Someone told me today that corbin had a new player come out after school started, anyone know if its true.
The Outsider Wrote:Someone told me today that corbin had a new player come out after school started, anyone know if its true.

Oh yes it's been kept quiet. I will wait and let other gives name. :Cheerlead
bucslover68 Wrote:Anyone have the link if Corbin radio streams the game online?

I'm not sure but I don't think their games are live streamed. 107.3 is their station . http://tunein.com/radio/WCTT-FM-1073-s28072/
Either I'm wrong or the thread title is misleading but isn't the game at Corbin for the Cumberland Falls Classic?
Yes it is, thread title is wrong
Thank you I was about to forgo attending due to it being in Louisville but glad to know it is not.
I would love to see Corbin win, but just seems like Central only loses to Louisville big boys over the last few years. Central 35-14
Recent years have shown Central is not invincible and anything can happen. Hoping for a great game and even better sportsmanship, civility and respect displayed by all.
Central was extremely talented last year and a good hard nosed Knox Central team beat them at the Pigskin. I think the same thing happens this year with the Redhounds. Haddix has the boys believing in a state championship, yes I know that means knocking off Belfry in the playoffs, and beating Central would be a big time statement toward that goal. I could be completely wrong though and Central could come out raring to go after the Knox Central loss last year. Will be one of the best games of the night (not a bad first game either) in the whole state
Tica Wrote:Recent years have shown Central is not invincible and anything can happen. Hoping for a great game and even better sportsmanship, civility and respect displayed by all.

Hope you have a safe trip. Better be ready for slow traffic between Berea and livingston.