Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Class 1A Rankings 8/29
???
It's not that big of a deal guys...just something to talk about.Hell the Rams shouldn't even be in the top ten.We suck
Wth is going on??i tried to post and it went away....so I re typed it and they both showed up
Hahahaha
Yes poor Raceland .. We are happy if they just show up in the right uniform and their pads on the right way
Who said Raceland wasn't worthy? No one did. The top 6 in class A are the cream of the crop.

Ram dad why is Raceland better than Hazard? Nut give his opinion and it's your ur turn.
As it has been all season 3-6 can be shuffled. One could argue that at this point 1-6 could be shuffled. No one has yet to make a definitive statement. Pikeville has struggled with their run game. Raceland hasnt put up as many numbers in terms of scoring that people thought they would/should, Hazard has had issues with fumbles/ints, Paintsville hasnt played anyone to give any real idea of how good they are. Russellville has done what is expected of them. Right now, imo, they are the only ironclad top 5 team. But i cant even be sold on them being a true 1 or 2 team.

To speak on the team I follow the most, my Rams. This is the best defense we have had in a couple of years, atleast since 2013. Possibly since 2008. Upfront we are better than we have been since 2008, on both sides of the ball. Offensively, we arent scoring on big homerun plays, but we are taking time off the clock and managing games well. So take that for what its worth. Still not sold on anyone seperating themselves from the pack as a front runner, those that are in the top 6, all have underperformed imo. Which imo, makes for better football ahead.
Scotty I have to disagree on our d.Take a closer look at it next time out.We have the best d line in class A no question. Our lbs are average at best.Our bds are the problem.They looked flat footed to me Friday night.Your boy Cheery wiffed bad on some tackles and on Ashlands long catch then run in the first quarter it looked like they were trying not to get in the way.Not sold on the secondary at all
Bac I've been around football a lot and I know a good line when I see one.Our o and d line leget. Our D line is ahead of our O line right now but we will work that out.Nobody will compete with us up front in class A all year.Then we've got some good speed that we haven't even tapped into yet.I know I singled out Hazard but I bet there isn't to Kant teams better then us in class A....... But there are other factors when it comes to winning and we don't have those.

God I hate all this positive bs come from my fingertips. I got to stop this......doesn't feel right!Got to change it up.WE SUCK...THE COACHES SUCK....WE NEED TO STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL CAUSE WE BLOW......
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:As it has been all season 3-6 can be shuffled. One could argue that at this point 1-6 could be shuffled. No one has yet to make a definitive statement. Pikeville has struggled with their run game. Raceland hasnt put up as many numbers in terms of scoring that people thought they would/should, Hazard has had issues with fumbles/ints, Paintsville hasnt played anyone to give any real idea of how good they are. Russellville has done what is expected of them. Right now, imo, they are the only ironclad top 5 team. But i cant even be sold on them being a true 1 or 2 team.

To speak on the team I follow the most, my Rams. This is the best defense we have had in a couple of years, atleast since 2013. Possibly since 2008. Upfront we are better than we have been since 2008, on both sides of the ball. Offensively, we arent scoring on big homerun plays, but we are taking time off the clock and managing games well. So take that for what its worth. Still not sold on anyone seperating themselves from the pack as a front runner, those that are in the top 6, all have underperformed imo. Which imo, makes for better football ahead.

Nice post Scotty.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Bac I've been around football a lot and I know a good line when I see one.Our o and d line leget. Our D line is ahead of our O line right now but we will work that out.Nobody will compete with us up front in class A all year.Then we've got some good speed that we haven't even tapped into yet.I know I singled out Hazard but I bet there isn't to Kant teams better then us in class A....... But there are other factors when it comes to winning and we don't have those.

God I hate all this positive bs come from my fingertips. I got to stop this......doesn't feel right!Got to change it up.WE SUCK...THE COACHES SUCK....WE NEED TO STOP PLAYING FOOTBALL CAUSE WE BLOW......

Alright . So your O- Line is going to wear teams down and the D-line as well.
Nice assessment. I just don't get the last part but okay though...
^^^its an inside thing. RamDad has been very vocal with his disapointment in our Rams and the let downs he has suffered as a result. I too am still skeptical. But we have developed and resolved at each of our weaknesses from the grid to week 0 and from week 0 to week 1. Like RD said, if there is a better DL in 1A, i want to see them. Our LBs looked better against Ashland and one of the issues in regaurds to tackling have been corrected and it goes along to our DBs as well and this was and has been the issue:

Playing not to get beat down the field. That has been the case since 2012. Even with Messer, Dixon, and Young in the secondary, very soft coverage, usually a soft zone and cover 2, very little to no bump and run. That is going to change as the season goes on. Same thing with the LBs. keep in mind that a majority of those 3rd and Long conversions by Ashland, if this were last year and the year before, are TDs, not first downs. We have speed this year, like we havent had before. So the coaches are adjusting to that as well and making adjustments. The LBs just have to stop being afraid of giving up the big play and be more aggresive. Cherry is more of an extra free safety right now as well. We didnt line up in a traditional 4-3 one time against ashland. Looked more like a 4-3/cover 2 spy imo. Again, all of this is going to change as the season goes on. Even when Ashland had all the momentum in the world, we responded. When West got close, we responded. That is a trait we havent had in recent years either and arent things that can be coached, the kids either have it or they dont. The other things can be fixed. The next step is the killer instinct. We will see if we possess that this week.
And in playing with essentially a nickel package with 2 LBs we held Ashland to 85 yards rushing.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^its an inside thing. RamDad has been very vocal with his disapointment in our Rams and the let downs he has suffered as a result. I too am still skeptical. But we have developed and resolved at each of our weaknesses from the grid to week 0 and from week 0 to week 1. Like RD said, if there is a better DL in 1A, i want to see them. Our LBs looked better against Ashland and one of the issues in regaurds to tackling have been corrected and it goes along to our DBs as well and this was and has been the issue:

Playing not to get beat down the field. That has been the case since 2012. Even with Messer, Dixon, and Young in the secondary, very soft coverage, usually a soft zone and cover 2, very little to no bump and run. That is going to change as the season goes on. Same thing with the LBs. keep in mind that a majority of those 3rd and Long conversions by Ashland, if this were last year and the year before, are TDs, not first downs. We have speed this year, like we havent had before. So the coaches are adjusting to that as well and making adjustments. The LBs just have to stop being afraid of giving up the big play and be more aggresive. Cherry is more of an extra free safety right now as well. We didnt line up in a traditional 4-3 one time against ashland. Looked more like a 4-3/cover 2 spy imo. Again, all of this is going to change as the season goes on. Even when Ashland had all the momentum in the world, we responded. When West got close, we responded. That is a trait we havent had in recent years either and arent things that can be coached, the kids either have it or they dont. The other things can be fixed. The next step is the killer instinct. We will see if we possess that this week.

I'm not sure how improved east is but I expect a blow out in this one..
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:And in playing with essentially a nickel package with 2 LBs we held Ashland to 85 yards rushing.

Scotty was you please with the secondary? Racelands stats say they give up 185 but Ashalnd has 169. But what's your assessment on it?.
One play was a screen for 67 yards and we didnt tackle well. We never got beat on a long throw. We havent faced a good qb/verticle tandem yet so i cant really say for sure.
Tackling in open field is the issue right now, not coverage.
Our Dbs best friend our their D line.They haven't had to cover yet cause the QB doesn't have time to look down field to throw the ball.
^^^i kind of look for that to be the case all year. I also feel we are only going to get better defensively. Which is scary since the DL looks to be in midseason form. Its amazing what only playing one way has done for Wallace and J. Hall.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^i kind of look for that to be the case all year. I also feel we are only going to get better defensively. Which is scary since the DL looks to be in midseason form. Its amazing what only playing one way has done for Wallace and J. Hall.

Are those kids that usually go both ways?..
^^^^yes
Actually, Hall, Wallace, Carmen, and Furgeson are all only playing Def, id say 80% of the time, maybe more. One who is suprising me so far as well is Christian Harris. He is the smallest of our OL/DL but he moves extremely well and plays alot bigger than he is. We are not where we need to be but slowly making strides to getting there. One game, ine week at a time.
Rankings don't mean much, especially early on. It's how you progress through the season & how you finish that matters.
Its starts with our DL obviously. But getting pressure on the QB is the first and most important part of good pass DEF. but we have held Brown and Adkins to of 51% on completions. What we have to shore up and do a better job on, is getting our LBs in better position to close up the middle. Ashland was sending 4 to 5 recievers down field. One went deep middle, one ran a deep out, one ran a shallow route, and the RB almost always released to the flat. The QB scrambling is what hurt us at Ashland. That has to get better, especially against the two teams in our district that are going to rely on busted/big plays. Imo, if we limit those plays and our offense continues to drive the field and are atleast 70% in the redzone, we can make it to Bowling Green. But we cant leave TDs on the field and turn the ball over on downs like we have in the past. I also thought Judd Adkins looked solid against Ashland. Once he adjusts to the speed difference from JV to Varsity, look out.
I thought the linebackers did good in the west game on the high lights I viewed and the defensive ends beat the tackles a lot and was in the backfield...
The Rams better get it done now ,because The Orange Bees and Dawgs are working their way back to the top .