Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region cats pause
I had to look twice at the stats Doc-B pointed out. I really wonder why Proffitt isn't number one. I've watched this young lady play several times and she hardly ever turns the ball over. I also think she will share the ball with her teammates. There are several girls in this region that could average 15 to 20 points p/game on 35% to 43 or 44% if they were allowed to shoot enough shots. The shooting %'s are very impressive for Proffitt. Caudill is pretty efficient, especially for a 7th grader last year. I was a little surprised at Sturgills percentages. I think she would shoot a much higher percent if she would stay close to the three point line instead of 8 plus feet behind it.
Good to be back. I've got some catching up to do on who's where and all the duos being talked about.
easternky Wrote:I had to look twice at the stats Doc-B pointed out. I really wonder why Proffitt isn't number one. I've watched this young lady play several times and she hardly ever turns the ball over. I also think she will share the ball with her teammates. There are several girls in this region that could average 15 to 20 points p/game on 35% to 43 or 44% if they were allowed to shoot enough shots. The shooting %'s are very impressive for Proffitt. Caudill is pretty efficient, especially for a 7th grader last year. I was a little surprised at Sturgills percentages. I think she would shoot a much higher percent if she would stay close to the three point line instead of 8 plus feet behind it.

My guess is that she's never played in a regional tournament and some of the coaches who do the voting haven't seen her play. If you can't get a team to the regional when the region is way down you have to wonder.
Creech was a great player, but she's wasn't No. 1 in the region until her senior year..
HCS Wrote:My guess is that she's never played in a regional tournament and some of the coaches who do the voting haven't seen her play. If you can't get a team to the regional when the region is way down you have to wonder.
Creech was a great player, but she's wasn't No. 1 in the region until her senior year..

You obviously don't know the girl. Before coming to the 14th, she played at Shelby Valley where they won the region her 8th grade season and lost in the final four her freshman year. She was chosen All-Region in both. The team she was on at JBS wasn't a top ten team in the region at the beginning of the season but toward the end they played Knott and Leslie to the wire. Not sure why you are using "winning" as an argument, when Knott has yet to.
Knott was in the state tournament two years ago and was the No. 1 team for much of last year.
The No. 1 player in the region doesn't usually come from an average or below average team.
Knott didn't make it to the state tournament. Letcher beat them in the finals.
That's right. My mistake.
They did beat the No. 1 team though in Leslie and came into the season No. 1 last year I think before Leslie got them.
My point is you don't get a lot of notice when you play for a team that's not really a contender.
What happened at Shelby Valley doesn't have a lot to do with it, since that is another region.
Creech was putting up huge numbers as a sophomore and junior, but Moore, of Leslie, was ranked higher.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1d2p70.jpg] Heres a few of your stats baby! Dec 10 matchup head to head and Knotty wins 55-36. The Playa had 6 pts but was dropping dimes lefta and righta and Pats rolled brutha! She was 3-6 for fitty percent! Profit attempted 60-68 percent of the shots and 22 pts! Wowza Nine free taters at the line! Jan 29 wire game ya mention bruh! Looky Jada had 22 pts on 56 percent and 3 free taters! Flip it baby to Profit,23 pts on 43 percent and 8 free taters! Now Ole Fatpat not no genius like JPC and Honeycutta but heres a formula for ya bruh! Field goals attempted + steals + rebounds + turnovers -referee coefficient + sin/cos plus tangent-triple taters= Jada > Profitt! Wowza ole Fatpat head hurting from da math baby! In a tatershell,add driving and dropping dimes and the tater logic is still there brutha! Take away the free taters and add in concessions,dafense,and Jada is the playa! Profit a good lil player but not the playa! #statisticandtatersmakesolefatpathungry More mash taters please!!!
HCS Wrote:That's right. My mistake.
They did beat the No. 1 team though in Leslie and came into the season No. 1 last year I think before Leslie got them.
My point is you don't get a lot of notice when you play for a team that's not really a contender.
What happened at Shelby Valley doesn't have a lot to do with it, since that is another region.
Creech was putting up huge numbers as a sophomore and junior, but Moore, of Leslie, was ranked higher.

Well that won't be a problem anymore. Now with Coach Napier.
From what I hear the Lady Patriots will be number 1 in the region again. We should have went to the State Tournament the last 2 years, but evidently we had some problems on the inside. If you're not around much you don't hear much. I hope the Coaches get control of this talented bunch before they ruin there chance this season.
Well after this summer with Kcc players going an playing with hazard an my bulldog fans weren't happy, an then going back to kcc when school started tells me the there is big trouble in that locker room! If those players played for coach Napier Pcc an dicky Adams at Lcc , they would have not be back. An if the slone girl was back I would completely agree with them being number 1, but she was the backbone of that team, she did a lot of rebounding an defense , so I think they really are at least 4 or 5 teams that could win this region this season!
hillbilly cat Wrote:Well after this summer with Kcc players going an playing with hazard an my bulldog fans weren't happy, an then going back to kcc when school started tells me the there is big trouble in that locker room! If those players played for coach Napier Pcc an dicky Adams at Lcc , they would have not be back. An if the slone girl was back I would completely agree with them being number 1, but she was the backbone of that team, she did a lot of rebounding an defense , so I think they really are at least 4 or 5 teams that could win this region this season!

[Image:

]

Ole fatpat told you before, it's all part of the plan boi... If you join Pat Nation, I will let you read JPC's handbook. Pulled the ole patriotic bulldog trick and you never seen it coming, wowza! Lady pats are as slick as honey. Coach Napper and Coach Grizzly are trying to get a copy of the handbook. JPC is pure genius, baby.

#allhandbooksarenotthesame More mash taters please!!!
hillbilly cat Wrote:Well after this summer with Kcc players going an playing with hazard an my bulldog fans weren't happy, an then going back to kcc when school started tells me the there is big trouble in that locker room! If those players played for coach Napier Pcc an dicky Adams at Lcc , they would have not be back. An if the slone girl was back I would completely agree with them being number 1, but she was the backbone of that team, she did a lot of rebounding an defense , so I think they really are at least 4 or 5 teams that could win this region this season!

[Image:

]

#livinlargeinourlockerroom More mash taters please!!!
I talked with the grand pappy of Patriot Basketball this morning. According to GP it looks like Higgins, Thornsberry, Harrington, didn't know she was back, Waugh and Holifield will be leading the pack. Slone, and Ashley, don't know Ashley, coming off the bench. That should be a pretty strong lineup.
Sports Fan I have some good friends in Knott and I'll tell you, if Slone is healthy she starts and plays in front of Thornsberry or Harrington. Thornsberry wouldn't even be there if she could have gotten eligible at Hazard. That's why shes back at Knott.
Thornsberry is a good kid. She just needed a change of scenery. Things didn't work out the way they planned and I hate it for her. I think she will be even more focused and will be a big help for KCC. Good luck to her.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1dcak9.gif]Triple Wowza! Looky here boi! Jada be driving this train brutha! Waugh be a shaba copilot bruh! Supporting cast of Evander,Lexinator,Tberry,Smoothie,Maddog, and the giffy and woooooooh! Ladypats be smoking hot baby! #tatersscorchinghotbrutha More mash taters please!!!
did Lindsey Proffitt played last season. what team did she play for. Shelby Valley got her listed her FR year. but last season her name was not listed by Shelby Valley or JBS.
is Harrington eligible. if so howshe went from jbs to knott central and no change of address
cj2561 Wrote:did Lindsey Proffitt played last season. what team did she play for. Shelby Valley got her listed her FR year. but last season her name was not listed by Shelby Valley or JBS.

[Image:

]

cj baby, where you been???? Ole fatpat thought you went back to skool...... From what ole fatpat is hearing, next year will be her last stop on the tour. Shelby Valley, Pippy, Purdy County, and ???? There's always room at Knott baby.

#globetrottinaroundeasternky More mash taters please!!!
hitter Wrote:is Harrington eligible. if so howshe went from jbs to knott central and no change of address

[Image:

]

Takes you Straight outta Pippy......

#kidsthesedayswowza More mash taters please!!!
It's always good to support our children, a lot of people forget it's about the kids! Great post !! We all wish her the best !!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image:

]

cj baby, where you been???? Ole fatpat thought you went back to skool...... From what ole fatpat is hearing, next year will be her last stop on the tour. Shelby Valley, Pippy, Purdy County, and ???? There's always room at Knott baby.

#globetrottinaroundeasternky More mash taters please!!!

if she play at JBS last season, way isn't her name of JBS roster for last season https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...bk15/47614. the only place I saw her name is the 2014/15 Shelby Valley roster https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...bk14/45470.
Don't know why she's not down. Proffitt is best player in the region by far, all I know is that PCC got lucky getting that girl.
cj2561 Wrote:if she play at JBS last season, way isn't her name of JBS roster for last season https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...bk15/47614. the only place I saw her name is the 2014/15 Shelby Valley roster https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...bk14/45470.

Click on the latest game stats summary. Not roster
kygamer Wrote:Don't know why she's not down. Proffitt is best player in the region by far, all I know is that PCC got lucky getting that girl.

[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1dh829.jpg] You high bruh? Ole Fatpat recommends more taters and less bottles! One on one cant stop the Jada train! Ole Randy Napper better have the Commodes ready come WYMT tourney baby! Only time Perry will see Honeycuttas entourage in regular season bruh! They be watching the Patriot band playing the ole school song as Ladypats cut the nets and collect the hardware! Still time to tour ole Mortys cause the door is wide open! #droppingdimesandbreakingankles More mash taters please!!!
I don't think Perry or Hazard can play with us this year. Our players are a little older and wiser. If we can start spreading the ball around and get off this TRAIN, we could not only win the region, but maybe with a good draw see the final 8 or possibly final 4. We definitely have the most athletic team in the region and with so many offensive threats it will be real hard to guard us.
Hazard?? Offensive threats??
I'm predicting another late season meltdown for the favorites of the 14th. 20+ wins and another regional loss. Gonna have to get out and play some competition to get any better. If you keep doing the same thing you have always done you will keep getting the same results.
Dr. B I was referring to Lady Pats offensive weapons.