Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry #1 3a @ Johnson Central #1 4a 10/28/16
proud44pirate Wrote:Average size I thought JC is bigger.

No where bigger they haven't played anybody like us this year
We will have to be ready for there trick plays but if our d line comes to play and they will it will be fun to watch for us
Hate to see the 2015 & 2016 3A State Champs go into playoffs with a 2 loss record but what do you do! Eagles gonna knock the Pirates plum back to Belfry!

JC. 21
Belfry 14.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No where bigger they haven't played anybody like us this year

Belfry is going to be just about as big as anyone they step on the field against. The closest thing to size that they will see in this game was against Capital.
Paula Dean Wrote:Belfry is going to be just about as big as anyone they step on the field against. The closest thing to size that they will see in this game was against Capital.

I've watched JC play this year
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I've watched JC play this year

As have I and I've watched Belfry on TV. I was agreeing with you that JC will see a team this week that has size that they haven't seen all year especially in the trenches. Belfry will outsize everyone else that they play on the way to another state title.
JC will prevail at home and go on to a perfect season as well as winning the class 4 a championship!
wildcat manor Wrote:JC will prevail at home and go on to a perfect season as well as winning the class 4 a championship!

No they wont
Gettin the groundwork for excuses laid out already. Players aren't playin..... come on guys and girls. Really? This is the biggest game of the year in the regular season.....
HighViz Wrote:Gettin the groundwork for excuses laid out already. Players aren't playin..... come on guys and girls. Really? This is the biggest game of the year in the regular season.....

I don't know who's making excuses but we got these
Here's the problem I see. I don't speak for Matney or JC, but I have never known Haywood to "rest" a starter. That is something an NFL coach does when he can't improve his position going into the playoffs. Not play any injured player? Sure. Be cautious with someone banged up? Sure. Rest a perfectly healthy starter? Not seen it and wouldn't expect to see it. From my sources, which are pretty good, they may have one out, who hasn't played in weeks, and from what I hear he wants to play. If I hear anything new, I'll let u know.
Love this game, it's by far my favorite. It's a good test game prior to the playoffs and lets both teams get ready for the playoffs. If either team has any weak spots it will be found Friday . Should be a barn burner. JC -21 Belfry 14
JC has to win this for any bragging rights. That's because the 4a champs will again come from the west side.
mysonis55 Wrote:JC has to win this for any bragging rights. That's because the 4a champs will again come from the west side.

Lol. Yea! ^^. Not only will the West not take the 4A title the EAST WILL take the 4A, 3A AND THE 1A in 2016!!
We can talk about this game the rest of the week but I promise you when these Belfry boys gets on that bus for that 50 minute drive they will be ready for war I'll see after the Pirates go and take care of business
Im gonna say Pirates by 3..Great game.
This game actually is going to be a great 'tune-up' for both teams for the playoffs.....

Belfry has "been there before".... this will be the 55th game for Belfry's senior class.
15, 15, 15, 10.
Getting to play a team that has already won three straight state championships and more than likely going to get their 4th straight this season can only be a positive.

A grind-it-out, 3-0 over Wayne County in 2013.
A 14-7 win over Louisville Central, their rival from the West Region 2014.
And a 43-0 Blowout over Lexington Catholic in 2015.

There's a lot to be said in "sparring" or "training" with a high level Black Belt before a Championship fight. And let's face it, Belfry is a high level black belt in football....... maybe even a Red Belt.

[Image: http://kodokanjudoinstitute.org/images/d...ace/01.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Why wouldn't each team play all their starters. Mayfield plays Caldwell the last game of the season every year and they always play everyone the whole game. It gets them ready for the playoffs.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Why wouldn't each team play all their starters. Mayfield plays Caldwell the last game of the season every year and they always play everyone the whole game. It gets them ready for the playoffs.

There going to play there starters Belfry has had some injuries so the last couple of weeks everybody hasn't played but they've been hurt I pretty sure that we've just got one kid out and he's been out for a while with broke ribs
he should be back anytime
I'm surprised Belfry benches kids with broken ribs!

Confusednicker:

Two of my favorite all time teams. Sure wish this was going to be on TV...GOTW!!
Belfry wins. Unless it ends up being basically a JV game, and the first string sits.
oldschool77 Wrote:Belfry wins. Unless it ends up being basically a JV game, and the first string sits.

Everyone is playing except one and he's been out for a while
Johnsonville 28-14
Belfry 21
J C 14
This is hard pick for me. I like both teams and hate to see either one have to lose. But I've been rooting for my friend, Philip Haywood for years and I'm not going to stop now.

Belfry in a great battle.
pjdoug Wrote:Johnsonville 28-14

Is it the Bratwurst Bowl? Lol.

Never the less JCHS take this game!
3A getting a little 4A punch in the kisser!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Is it the Bratwurst Bowl? Lol.

Never the less JCHS take this game!
3A getting a little 4A punch in the kisser!!

I don't think so I'll remind you about 10:00 Friday night lol

:truestory:
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:This is hard pick for me. I like both teams and hate to see either one have to lose. But I've been rooting for my friend, Philip Haywood for years and I'm not going to stop now.

Belfry in a great battle.

Coach is a good and responsible man
Pirates by 6+
I'd love to see this game. I've seen both teams play this year and I would have to give the edge to Belfry. This should be the premier game of the week in the Bluegrass state. Johnson Central has a great team, but Belfry has some things you just can't teach.

Belfry 24

Johnson Central 16