Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2017
Who do you guys got for your scrimmage games this year
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Who do you guys got for your scrimmage games this year

Midland at home is the only one that I know of. Lots of traveling to be done by the team this year.
Wk 2-Lexington
Wk 3- Charleston, WV
Wk 4- Louisville
Wk 7-Greenup
Wk 9- Ashland
Wk 10- Belfry
Paula Dean Wrote:Midland at home is the only one that I know of. Lots of traveling to be done by the team this year.
Wk 2-Lexington
Wk 3- Charleston, WV
Wk 4- Louisville
Wk 7-Greenup
Wk 9- Ashland
Wk 10- Belfry

I was just wondering a couple of people from Mingo Central said they was scrimmaging JC this year
Paula Dean Wrote:Midland at home is the only one that I know of. Lots of traveling to be done by the team this year.
Wk 2-Lexington
Wk 3- Charleston, WV
Wk 4- Louisville
Wk 7-Greenup
Wk 9- Ashland
Wk 10- Belfry

Where are we going to in Louisville?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I was just wondering a couple of people from Mingo Central said they was scrimmaging JC this year

I haven't heard but I do know they declined our option to play a game when we were looking for a Lexington Catholic and Harlan County replacement after both opted not to renew a contract.
johnson central will repeat as Champs .
Louisville week four Who are we playing
It won't be long now football is almost here go eagles
Does anyone know what school from Louisville they're playing?
Johnson Central will go undefeated and win their 2nd consecutive state championship.
adopted purple Wrote:Johnson Central will go undefeated and win their 2nd consecutive state championship.

Undefeated....hmmm...
padd4pirate Wrote:Undefeated....hmmm...

Yea that's what I was thinking Lol

I'd say there record will look a lot like last year with a State Championship lol

Just trying to be optimistic. I think they have a good chance.
"Shoe-Less" Joe Jackson going to be an all state player & be in the mix as one of best running backs in JC history & there has been some great ones come thru the program.
Yes, the Jackson kid in Johnson County may very well be one of the best running backs in the state this year.
Still waiting to hear who Johnson Central is playing from Louisville.
Moore
Thanks.
Joe Jackson is one of the best runners I've ever seen. I expect him to be even better this year. However, last year Joe was running behind an experienced offensive line and one of the best full backs in the state. Gunner Slone's graduation is a huge loss. Who is going to step up and fill the hole at full back this year?
Mister D Wrote:Joe Jackson is one of the best runners I've ever seen. I expect him to be even better this year. However, last year Joe was running behind an experienced offensive line and one of the best full backs in the state. Gunner Slone's graduation is a huge loss. Who is going to step up and fill the hole at full back this year?

You got a couple options at fullback
Dorton, was out last year with hurt shoulder
Bryce was out with hurt shoulder
Devin Johnson played back up

I think defense backs and linebacker were we will have to grow as the year goes if we want to win another state championship ,
Need two replace both offense tight ends
If I'm wrong, I know somebody will correct me.
We have a tough non-district schedule with four of the five being on the road. Home games are bolded.
Class 4A, Region 4, District 8.

8/25 VS. Capital, WV. (3A In WV.)
9/1 @ Lex. Henry Clay (6A)
9/8 @ South Charleston, WV. (3A in WV.)
9/15 @ Louisville Moore (3A)
9/22 VS. Boyd County (District)
9/29 VS. East Carter (District)
10/6 @ Greenup County (District)
10/13 VS. Rowan County (District)
10/20 @ Ashland Blazer (District)
10/27 @ Belfry (3A)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If I'm wrong, I know somebody will correct me.
We have a tough non-district schedule with four of the five being on the road. Home games are bolded.

10/27 @ Belfry (3A)

My usual random, but useless facts.

The game @ Louisville Moore will be the first EVER varsity game JC has played in Jefferson County. This will be only the 2nd game vs. a team from Jefferson County (2007 vs. Lou. Central).

This will be the first time JC has played Henry Clay.
We have played Bryan Station, Lexington Catholic & Tates Creek from Fayette County in previous seasons.

The game @ South Charleston, WV. will be the first game JC has played in West Virginia since 2011 (Logan, WV.).

This will be the first time since 2003 that JC has had four regular season home games.
Mister D Wrote:Joe Jackson is one of the best runners I've ever seen. I expect him to be even better this year. However, last year Joe was running behind an experienced offensive line and one of the best full backs in the state. Gunner Slone's graduation is a huge loss. Who is going to step up and fill the hole at full back this year?

Joe Jackson is one of the best running backs in the state. As far as the Offensive Line goes, they will be big and strong up front. JC does have options when it comes the the FB position.
I like JC's odds of bringing yet another state title back to the mountains.

Fly High !!!
Copperhead13 Wrote:Joe Jackson is one of the best running backs in the state. As far as the Offensive Line goes, they will be big and strong up front. JC does have options when it comes the the FB position.
I like JC's odds of bringing yet another state title back to the mountains.

Fly High !!!

JC was 5 TD's better than any other 4A Team last season.

That was a special JC team..maybe their best ever... and they lose some key pieces. I don't expect them to quiet be to that same level.

With that said, I don't see any 4A Team that is going to be able to close that gap.

I think JC is a solid #1 to start the year in 4A. Wayne County is really the only team I think may have a legit chance in the East, Hopkinsville may be the best in the West with South Warren moving to 5A and Franklin-Simpson being hit heavy by graduation.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If I'm wrong, I know somebody will correct me.

10/27 @ Belfry (3A)

@ Henry Clay - 114 miles
@ South Charleston - 105 miles
@ Lou. Moore - 184 miles
@ Greenup County - 84 miles
@ Ashland Blazer - 58 miles
@ Belfry - 60 miles

JC will be traveling a lot of miles this season.... you could call us, Road Warriors!!!! OH WHATA RUSH!!!!!!!!

[Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/ori...1ac9d0.jpg]
What's the date for the Midland scrimmage
Has anyone heard when your Cabell Midland scrimmage is
99piratefan Wrote:has anyone heard when your cabell midland scrimmage is

8/12 @ Cabell Midland.

UPDATE. Saw that the scrimmage will be AT Cabell Midland. Or that is what is on the team schedule posters.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:8/12 @ jc

I went and watched it last year it's a great scrimmage I just went to see what Cabell had if you get a time let me know