Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAU influence on High School Basketball
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Who really believes Mercer has 6 D1 players

According to their Twitter page already have 5 D1 commits. Have at least one younger one is what I was told.
3 to SE Missouri State, PG going to Louisville and one going to NKU.
new o Wrote:3 to SE Missouri State, PG going to Louisville and one going to NKU.

Great info new o. I knew they had players. Maybe the ballerfromtheholler team could schedule them. :biglmao:
Maroons Wrote:According to their Twitter page already have 5 D1 commits. Have at least one younger one is what I was told.

You said 6 not 5 no bs just facts lol
They got one more. Younger kid. Seen her at state tourney. She be a D1.
Maroons Wrote:They got one more. Younger kid. Seen her at state tourney. She be a D1.

Lol
All home grown girls as well.
5 D1 commits returning for their senior year. Sixth man will be a soph. She definitely has D1 potential. Time will tell. I think they host a Xmas tourny every year. They probably still have room for any mountain teams that want to test the waters.
The Crazy part is I wasnt referring to the team that won it all.
Maroons Wrote:Great info new o. I knew they had players. Maybe the ballerfromtheholler team could schedule them. :biglmao:

Jealousy still eating you up
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Jealousy still eating you up

Actually would love to see your team play a good team. See where D2 shakes out pop.:Cheerlead
Maroons Wrote:Actually would love to see your team play a good team. See where D2 shakes out pop.:Cheerlead

Still being a smart ass haha
GeneralMojo Wrote:All home grown girls as well.
5 D1 commits returning for their senior year. Sixth man will be a soph. She definitely has D1 potential. Time will tell. I think they host a Xmas tourny every year. They probably still have room for any mountain teams that want to test the waters.

Dont hold your breath for any of these mountain teams testing anything except padding their schedule. I went and looked at the KHSAA at some of these schedules after certain posters were proclaiming big time stuff and its laughable.

Nov 29, 16 Knox Central home (W) 108 - 81 Click
Dec 5, 16 Jackson County home (W) 80 - 56 Click
Dec 9, 16 Lynn Camp home (W) 76 - 31 Click
Dec 12, 16 Lee County away (W) 82 - 74 Click
Dec 17, 16 Powell County away (W) 90 - 54 Click
Dec 21, 16 Sevier County, TN at Gatlinburg-Pittman (W) 54 - 44 Click Smoky Mountain Classic
Dec 22, 16 Station Camp, TN at Gatlinburg-Pittman (L) 49 - 55 Click Smoky Mountain Classic
Dec 23, 16 Gate City, VA at Gatlinburg-Pittman (W) 57 - 48 Click Smoky Mountain Classic
Dec 28, 16 South Floyd at Breathitt County (W) 83 - 68 Click J.P Deaton Classic
Dec 29, 16 Boone County at Breathitt County (W) 64 - 47 Click J.P Deaton Classic
Dec 30, 16 Breathitt County away (W) 90 - 63 Click J.P Deaton Classic
Dec 30, 16 Wolfe County at Breathitt County (W) 66 - 41 Click J.P Deaton Classic
Jan 2, 17 North Laurel home (L) 72 - 77 Click
Jan 7, 17 Breathitt County home (W) 73 - 47 Click WYMT Mountain Classic
Jan 21, 17 Johnson Central at Pike County Central (L) 62 - 76 Click Lady Hawk 1-day Showcase
Jan 23, 17 Letcher County Central away (W) 59 - 51 Click
Jan 26, 17 Buckhorn away (W) 81 - 26 Click
Jan 30, 17 Jenkins away (W) 90 - 56 Click
Feb 7, 17 Breathitt County away (W) 75 - 55 Click
Feb 11, 17 Lynn Camp away (L) 61 - 62 Click
Feb 13, 17 Jenkins home (W) 90 - 73 Click
Feb 16, 17 Jackson County away (W) 81 - 53 Click
Feb 20, 17 Buckhorn home (W) 75 - 34 Click 54th District
Feb 23, 17 Leslie County home (W) 66 - 45 Click 54th District
Championship
Feb 28, 17 Wolfe County at Hazard (W) 57 - 42 Click 14th Region
Mar 3, 17 Knott County Central at Hazard (L) 72 - 77 Click 14th Region
Who did your team beat or should I say lose to
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Who did your team beat or should I say lose to

Please Pops, dont be so upset. Your schedule is here for everyone to see and see how you got your wins. They can all make their own decisions on how weak it was. They dont need me to tell them after they look at it. :biglmao:
Please stay on topic.

PMs if you want to continue to bash each other.
Maroons Wrote:Please Pops, dont be so upset. Your schedule is here for everyone to see and see how you got your wins. They can all make their own decisions on how weak it was. They dont need me to tell them after they look at it. :biglmao:

Answer the question who is your team very simple
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Answer the question who is your team very simple

My favorite team this year was Knott Central.:thatsfunn
AAU has really took the recruiting away from the high school game. I mean when you see these 5 star recruits they are talking about what travel team they played on and who is the teams sponsor.. but you can also say a lot of these kids get looks from teams that would have never been in the picture if not for AAU..
AAU is a business first and foremost by organizers of events. People talk about how the NCAA should be paying kids and they are being exploited. AAU is cashing in on the vulnerability and dream chasing of players, parents, and coaches. So Im gonna keep it real. If you complain College Kids should get paid, you should complain about AAU exploitation as well.

Here is your typical AAU cost breakdown (Reminder teams decide the amount and number of tournaments they want to get in).

300-500 Dollar Entry Fee Every Weekend for Team (Divide that up by number of players), 7-10 Dollar a Day Ticket, Hotel Fee's, etc. Then buy your Neon Glow and Military Colored Souvenir of Choice (Hundreds to Choose From) as you walk through said Gym host of Choice, some with your own kids pictures and names printed on them that they are selling for profit. By the way you didn't give them permission to do to this, or did you when you signed up to be in the AAU.

A few problems that I have with AAU is not the level of competition, its the "Team they play for this year or this week" that have coaches that try to act like they genetically conceived the child from cradle to grave. They dislike most high school ball and talk ish about the coaches, but tell their parents to make sure you text them their stats from their high school game, so they can put how well they did on our their AAU teams social media account. So in return the high school coach becomes the scapegoat, because your AAU team is winning the Hee-Haw in Sandy Hook Tournament, while the High School coach team is losing to a Sweet 16 team by double digits.

My suggestion is looking up a lot of high school job openings each year and applying, but that mean you would have to practice 5 days per week, instead of your usual 1 or 2. That means you could only coach one team and not your son, daughter and they friends team at once. That means you would have to use a lot more strategy (unless you recruit players to your school like some places do), that means you will have to pass a more extensive background check (AAU didnt even require background checks until 2012). Not to say high school coaches are saints, because there are bad dudes/ladies in all avenues of life. Its just easier said than done.

AAU has not taken the recruiting away from the high school game. Is ESPN coming to videotape AAU games each week or high school games? Last time I checked it was high school games. They may come to the National AAU tourney in Disney, but they are not coming to film the PeachBerry Strawberry JamFest Exposure event in Biloxi. Like I said before the best players will be seen regardless. There are only so many kids that are going D1 and to the NBA or WNBA. A good high school or AAU coach, parent, friend, or whatever can all aid in helping a kid get a scholarship.... My problem is that there are AAU coaches that think they did it all and there are high school coaches that they think they did it all. They need to get over themselves and realizes they both probably aided in helping the kid get their and quit peeing and moaning back and forth.

If I get back into coaching, I will invite any High School coach to my practices if I do AAU and any Any AAU coaches that come practice if I do high school.

High School sports suppose to be an extension of the school day and a carryover of classmates sharing a common interest with classmates. Its not to collect the most talent (which is "not suppose to happen") and let them put a beatdown on other high schools that already have a running clock rule.

Any ways long winded..
Can't stay on topic Granny Bear. Maroons is on every thread to bash one team and one player. I'm sure if he was doing the same thing to Harlan or their top girl player you would stop him. It hurts me to see you defend his ignorance
Maroons Wrote:Great info new o. I knew they had players. Maybe the ballerfromtheholler team could schedule them. :biglmao:

So you don't have to look through the entire thread to find out where the problems start here it is. Now Granny Bear you can start from this post and read on to see what he's doing. Are you going to ignore this too?
Maroons Wrote:My favorite team this year was Knott Central.:thatsfunn

This is his one and only post since my last one.

Unless I know the back story and the history, this does not say "bash one team or bash one player" to me. That is why I made an effort to find out the history behind this feuding; however, we know how that went, don't we??

As far as defending one school more than another, that's bullshit and I believe you know it.

I AM watching...since my last post. When I see a rule violation I will take action. And I will take action because it's against the rules NOT because you are ignorant or hurt.
Maroons Wrote:My favorite team this year was Knott Central.:thatsfunn

Ok lol nothing to do with your name as you said but are you saying they played a really tough schedule???
Granny Bear Wrote:This is his one and only post since my last one.

Unless I know the back story and the history, this does not say "bash one team or bash one player" to me. That is why I made an effort to find out the history behind this feuding; however, we know how that went, don't we??

As far as defending one school more than another, that's bullshit and I believe you know it.

I AM watching...since my last post. When I see a rule violation I will take action. And I will take action because it's against the rules NOT because you are ignorant or hurt.

I have not bashed any kid. I give my opinion on what level a player was. That did not sit well with some posters. I did however call out a few posters for being so one sided. I said I will do better but as you can see they are baiting. I dont care anything about Perry Central per say. This started when they were on here jawing about how good players were and saying they had all these D1 offers. I just asked what D1 team had offered. Then the smart aleck remarks started. I did smart back off to them because of the way I was treated and its just not been me thats been ridiculed by those two. Heck they dared you to ban them and just accused you of being impartial saying if they kid had been from Harlan you would have done something. I rest my case. Thanks for all you do to keep this board clean.
Big Hammer Wrote:Can't stay on topic Granny Bear. Maroons is on every thread to bash one team and one player. I'm sure if he was doing the same thing to Harlan or their top girl player you would stop him. It hurts me to see you defend his ignorance

Granny Bear Wrote:This is his one and only post since my last one.

Here is the post where your integrity was questioned.
Granny Bear ,maroons is so childish and I'm done responding back to the remarks being made. It's like talking to a young kid and probably is.Do whatever you feel needed I really don't care
I think I'll take the same course and say absolutely nothing to maroons no matter what he says. We will see if that solves the problem
Big Hammer Wrote:I think I'll take the same course and say absolutely nothing to maroons no matter what he says. We will see if that solves the problem

This won't solve nothing lol his next remark will be I'm sorry Granny I'll do better
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Ok lol nothing to do with your name as you said but are you saying they played a really tough schedule???

Knott was the best this year
Great choice Maroons
Warthog Wrote:Knott was the best this year
Great choice Maroons

Knott was the best this year that was never questioned. Maroons is just wanting to stir it up and cause trouble. Knott is not his team lol