Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2017-2018
Easy Wind Wrote:I see no reason why you feel the need to single out this one player. Is it because he plays at cordia? Is it b/c he is foreign? There are 100's of players who you could call out.

Sounds like you are prejudice. I didn't say anything about where he went to school or anything about him being foreign. So for u to bring it up u should have some issues. Hundreds of players aren't on the list just ten and that's who I commented on. I like him and Alice but the fact is is he's not very good
Either one of the big boys from perry last year were better. I hope he does great but from what I see on his profile there are no offers
[Image: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_WgG5zcvfSg/W...00/gh1.gif] Brutha Patriot Nation be knocking the bottom out of the drinks at the concessions and rolling through the region! Loaded up! #extracigars&champagnebefizzlenizzle More mash taters please!!!
I really like Estill County chances this year. O'Hair from Breathitt was a huge pick up for football, but basketball as well. I hear that they also just got a transfer from the state of Michigan too. Do not know anything about the kid, but someone said he is 6'4''???? Can anyone confirm this?
jumpshooter Wrote:I really like Estill County chances this year. O'Hair from Breathitt was a huge pick up for football, but basketball as well. I hear that they also just got a transfer from the state of Michigan too. Do not know anything about the kid, but someone said he is 6'4''???? Can anyone confirm this?

[Image:

]

Since its freakin monsoonin outside at GTW, ole fatpat came in today to check the updates at Mortys. The Complex will be rockin like never before in a few short weeks. Steel beams have been installed, new popcorn machine has been ordered, and fatpat's seat has been stretched, wowza!!!

#estillcantrecruitenoughttocatchup More mash taters please!!!
Yes, Estill got a kid from Michigan but he won’t play a role on the varsity team. Estill does have a freshman that should play quality minutes and he is about 6’4”
This region could be wide open this year. Right now there are too many unknowns. However, I'm giving the nod to Knott. They bring size and scoring to the table plus some veteran play. Estill seems to have put several pieces of the puzzle together and that will put them in a position to cut down the nets as well. Middle of the pack would be Wolfe and Perry. I don't see any other team competing. Like I said, it's early and too many unknowns, but this is the way I see it.
Estill had strong guard play that could be the difference when tournament starts.
[Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/ori...955e26.gif] Shizzle freaking nizzle baby! Basketball and Patriot madness are upon us! Time to rise! #beatbedroppinghard More mash taters please!!!
[Image:

]

After watching the junior barber school practice, wowza!!!

#geniuswaytogetthekidstotakeanap More mash taters please!!!
[Image:

]

#busisalwaysrollin More mash taters please!!!
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Teams
1. KCC- With Caudill and Jones they have a really good 1-2 punch with a guard and big. Combs will be really hard to replace.
2. Estill- Estill returns everyone and rumor has it that JT O'Hair from Breathitt had transferred to Estill. If true that will give Estill 2 of the best scoring guards in the region.
3-6 (no difference)
Wolfe- returns a lot of scoring
PCC- has a ton of questions
Breathitt-been hit by transfers
Cordia- had a lot of talent coming back but who knows what's going on there or who will be there
7. Hazard- will be improved, might have a couple new kids that could help.

Top Players
1. Bonny- Estill
2. Caudill- KCC
3. Stone- Wolfe
4. Keita- Cordia
5. Jones- KCC
6. Back- PCC
7. Turner- Jackson City
8. Bennett- Buckhorn
9. Taulbee- Breathitt
10. O'Hair- *Estill

Joe Benton of Estill belongs in this conversation. Granted I don't know all the teams or players in the region too great detail, but I've watched Joe three times last year in high profile games. I can't believe that there are 10 players in the region better than Joe. I also watched quite a few games from other teams in the region. He doesn't consistently have the numbers, but the kid is something special. In the District Championship last year, I remember thinking he should have won MVP. I was really impressed with his performance. Come to find out he only scored 2 points. I feel like he will strike at any moment. He is really explosive and shifty. Joe did make the All-District team last year. He's just a Sophmore, but it is a mistake to overlook him.
worker1 Wrote:Oumar is a legit D1 prospect. But, more importantly, he is a great kid. I look for a big year from him.

Oumar Keita is definitely a D1 prospect. ESPN has him as the number 12 Center in the country. His scout grade is an 82, the 95th player in the country has an 82 scout grade. So he's basically a top 100 prospect in the country! He is good enough to be the best player on a State Championship team! I've never watched him play but shouldn't that make Cordia a virtual lock to win regions? I mean the kid could literally get a scholarship anywhere in the country and be playing or starting at 99% of the colleges today. If my memory is correct Cameron Justice's scout grade was an 80. ESPN lists him as the number 1 player in the state, so how in the world could he be 4th in his region?? He's the best player in the region. Once again I'm not as familiar with the region as I'd like to be, but it would seem to me that the only player in the region with a chance to contain him one on one would be Cameron Jones, and even then I think he'd be giving up some size. He's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player in the region, fact, and 4th is not even close.
Grace13 Wrote:That Hernandez kid from Powell can play gentlemen. I believe he will fly under the radar until the first couple of games. Watched him at Hazard and he was a monster against Hazard and PCC

I don't think he belongs in this conversation.
Grace13 Wrote:That Hernandez kid from Powell can play gentlemen. I believe he will fly under the radar until the first couple of games. Watched him at Hazard and he was a monster against Hazard and PCC

I agree seen him play a couple times last year and without so many seniors he would have been the best player last year. It's laughable how over looked he is!! He will be coming for the region this year carrying a very young but extremely talented group of players. Watch out 14th region there goes that man!!!!!!
Should learn a lot about Knott Friday against Madison Central @ South Laurel in the GJ Smith classic. MC will be loaded with size, athleticism, and a few shooters.
The Ole Man Wrote:Oumar Keita is definitely a D1 prospect. ESPN has him as the number 12 Center in the country. His scout grade is an 82, the 95th player in the country has an 82 scout grade. So he's basically a top 100 prospect in the country! He is good enough to be the best player on a State Championship team! I've never watched him play but shouldn't that make Cordia a virtual lock to win regions? I mean the kid could literally get a scholarship anywhere in the country and be playing or starting at 99% of the colleges today. If my memory is correct Cameron Justice's scout grade was an 80. ESPN lists him as the number 1 player in the state, so how in the world could he be 4th in his region?? He's the best player in the region. Once again I'm not as familiar with the region as I'd like to be, but it would seem to me that the only player in the region with a chance to contain him one on one would be Cameron Jones, and even then I think he'd be giving up some size. He's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player in the region, fact, and 4th is not even close.

You've never watched him play but he's the best player in the region? You're wasting a lot of good cyber space.
The Ole Man Wrote:Oumar Keita is definitely a D1 prospect. ESPN has him as the number 12 Center in the country. His scout grade is an 82, the 95th player in the country has an 82 scout grade. So he's basically a top 100 prospect in the country! He is good enough to be the best player on a State Championship team! I've never watched him play but shouldn't that make Cordia a virtual lock to win regions? I mean the kid could literally get a scholarship anywhere in the country and be playing or starting at 99% of the colleges today. If my memory is correct Cameron Justice's scout grade was an 80. ESPN lists him as the number 1 player in the state, so how in the world could he be 4th in his region?? He's the best player in the region. Once again I'm not as familiar with the region as I'd like to be, but it would seem to me that the only player in the region with a chance to contain him one on one would be Cameron Jones, and even then I think he'd be giving up some size. He's the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player in the region, fact, and 4th is not even close.

Another year with this type of logic? College potential does not always match high school performance and that's what high school rankings are based on. Look up the stats from last year. He's not the leading scorer on his own team.
I don't know why people thanks you have to be the leading scorer on your team to be the best player? You have be the complete player
Oumar could start for any team in the state. And for any imbecile that thinks otherwise probally doesn't have enough serious basketball knowledge to even be ranking players. That is the most stupid logic I have ever heard. So what you are saying if I had a kid that I wanted to get him a scholarship just load up the schedule with the 20 worst teams in the state and let him average about 35 a game playing basically middle schoole competition. Best potential = Best player. But everyone knows why he doesn't get the credit because of who he plays for at the end of the year wait and see who in the 14th gets the biggest college offer.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Oumar could start for any team in the state. And for any imbecile that thinks otherwise probally doesn't have enough serious basketball knowledge to even be ranking players. That is the most stupid logic I have ever heard. So what you are saying if I had a kid that I wanted to get him a scholarship just load up the schedule with the 20 worst teams in the state and let him average about 35 a game playing basically middle schoole competition. Best potential = Best player. But everyone knows why he doesn't get the credit because of who he plays for at the end of the year wait and see who in the 14th gets the biggest college offer.

I don't think anyone said load up the schedule with 20 terrible teams. I don't believe the Perry and Knott kids play any less of a schedule than Cordia. I think the best player in the region would score more than 9 points a game. Maybe this is the year, but right now it's still potential.
I don't think I'd call people names if I couldn't spell probably.
skydiver1 Wrote:I don't know why people thanks you have to be the leading scorer on your team to be the best player? You have be the complete player

You mean ball handling, defense and passing? It would be good if the top player in the region can handle the ball against pressure and guard people out on the floor and pass it.
I don't understand what you are saying?
I'm agreeing with you. Complete players should be able to do several things well, including handling the ball and guarding people out on the floor.
Still, the great players in basketball usually score quite a few points. I'd imagine most players ranked No. 1 in a region would score 15 to 20 points a game.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Oumar could start for any team in the state. And for any imbecile that thinks otherwise probally doesn't have enough serious basketball knowledge to even be ranking players. That is the most stupid logic I have ever heard. So what you are saying if I had a kid that I wanted to get him a scholarship just load up the schedule with the 20 worst teams in the state and let him average about 35 a game playing basically middle schoole competition. Best potential = Best player. But everyone knows why he doesn't get the credit because of who he plays for at the end of the year wait and see who in the 14th gets the biggest college offer.

It always boils down to the cordia inferiority complex!
Buford T Justice Wrote:Best potential = Best player.

Does the top NBA draft pick get college player of the year every season?
Does the top NFL pick win the Heisman every year?
Does Mr. Basketball always go to the player who signs the top scholarship?

Would Keitu get a shot last year with the game or the line or one of the guards? It looked like one of the guards when I saw them.
What 14th region teams are scrimmaging at Southwestern Saturday?
for one, if you've never seen a player play then please don't comment it makes you look stupid. second is keita didn't start some games for cordia last year. third, you all see what happened to justice, he had to transfer because he couldn't play at a high d1 school. and if hes in the top 100 in the nation then its a really sad year. he is a good 14th region player. last year there were 15 better players then him in the region. the kid hasn't gotten any better since he was in 8th grade and if he gets a d1 scholarship it wont last
oh yeah he couldn't start for trinity. lol
What 14 region teams are playing in Southwestern scrimmage?