Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ South Laurel 9-22
Mr. Obvious Wrote:I'm saying it is difficult to field a staff in a school system full of guys that aren't interested. Look no further than Bell County last year. Impossible to hire 5 assistants in one year. Even if it was, I know Bennett gives no preference at all to coaches applying for teaching jobs at high school (outside of head coach).

Not when you have 12-16 jobs a year. At any other school it would be impossible ,not Middlesboro. Just do some research, you could have hired a new staff every year. Sorry that doesn't float at this place. So no comparisons.
12 to 16 is a huge turnover in a school the size of Middlesboro.
Yes it is, 12-16 jobs in a 3 school system every year he has been there. Speaks volumes about this guy.
South Laurel by 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
But if you're correct with your identification that he is the reason teachers are leaving, wouldn't that lead us to predict much fewer openings this year and in the future? I can also tell you that teachers are more apt to leave as a result of their relationship with their principal. They can go a whole school year without the Super ever having any impact in their year at all.

All of this discussion aside, unless both Williams and Jackson play, I think SL wins in a close one. I would love to be wrong though.
NextGeneration Wrote:Scores are down actually, Martin hires period. Bennett is on cloud nine this morning. You need to get out of the hole if you think that every worker in that system isn't smiling this morning. This system was being run down with everything else. People leaving in groves, good teachers because of Martin. He was the type dictator that caused good teachers to change profession. Why don't you leave with him.

Give me 3 examples of quality teachers that left because of Steve Martin. Furthermore, he doesn't hire, the principals and site base hire in their respective buildings. You listen to everything you read on topix and Facebook and take it for the truth.
OR does it speak volumes about the fact we have been hiring teach across America members that are only there for a predetermined amount of time?
Not right away, here is what will happen, the principal has been bullied by Martin so long that when Oct 1 comes his chest will swell like a rooster and start his new control for a while. It will be a year or so before things even back out. This will be the year to replace all.

Now, has anyone heard the injury report will Jackson and Williams play? I agree if they do we have a shot.
RicFlair Wrote:OR does it speak volumes about the fact we have been hiring teach across America members that are only there for a predetermined amount of time?

Again, thanks to Martin. Even with teach across America they have the option to stay and they say no way and run.
I didn't think you would be able to give me examples. I guarantee you can't list 3 that left because they didn't want to work for Mr. Martin.
NextGeneration Wrote:Again, thanks to Martin. Even with teach across America they have the option to stay and they say no way and run.

Why would they? You join a program to literally teach a couple years somewhere, then travel and see something else. That is why they join the Teach across America program and you expect someone to move to drug infested Middlesboro and try and teach kids that aren't sure where they're going to sleep at that night? But yeah, blame the super, not the community.
RicFlair Wrote:Give me 3 examples of quality teachers that left because of Steve Martin. Furthermore, he doesn't hire, the principals and site base hire in their respective buildings. You listen to everything you read on topix and Facebook and take it for the truth.

He doesn't hire ? Ask the principals who they had to check with before a hire. You are blinded by policy's never followed. I blame the guy I charge. Only a couple more weeks before we are free from a dictator that has bullied his whole life. My point exactly why would they when a guy like this is in charge of a system and he is clueless as to how to run it.
Maybe, just maybe, the problems people have with their boss isn't at the district level but at the school level. Like Mr. Obvious said, teachers can go an entire year without so much as talking to the Superintendent, principals effect the lives of a teacher daily.
NextGeneration Wrote:Again, thanks to Martin. Even with teach across America they have the option to stay and they say no way and run.

NextGeneration Wrote:He doesn't hire ? Ask the principals who they had to check with before a hire. You are blinded by policy's never followed. I blame the guy I charge. Only a couple more weeks before we are free from a dictator that has bullied his whole life. My point exactly why would they when a guy like this is in charge of a system and he is clueless as to how to run it.

I guess you can't come up with any examples, figures. You will see how free you are if the board hires W.A, the system won't last 10 years.
RicFlair Wrote:I didn't think you would be able to give me examples. I guarantee you can't list 3 that left because they didn't want to work for Mr. Martin.

I can give you 10 or more that have left or retired because of Martin. Publicly other reason privately hated they we he treated employees.
RicFlair Wrote:I guess you can't come up with any examples, figures. You will see how free you are if the board hires W.A, the system won't last 10 years.

It would not have lasted 5 more with Martin. That straight from a relative on the board, that hired him.
NextGeneration Wrote:I can give you 10 or more that have left or retired because of Martin. Publicly other reason privately hated they we he treated employees.

I'm still waiting
School systems run on money, ours has plenty thanks to Martin. Buildings were fixed up, baseball and softball facilities redone. The system was fine all with the exception of football under Martin.
You are as bad as Martin, school system run on kids. Education is the most important. I have always said he was a great construction foreman or finance director. KIDS are the heart and soul of a system. He never got that. His time in office speaks for itself. Scores down as a system, employees miserable and community has lost all confidence. Great day.
NextGeneration Wrote:It would not have lasted 5 more with Martin. That straight from a relative on the board, that hired him.

NextGeneration Wrote:You are as bad as Martin, school system run on kids. Education is the most important. I have always said he was a great construction foreman or finance director. KIDS are the heart and soul of a system. He never got that. His time in office speaks for itself. Scores down as a system, employees miserable and community has lost all confidence. Great day.

You're right the system does run on kids, but try doing that with no money. Kids aren't leaving because of super, kids are leaving because parents are leaving due to lack of jobs. Employees are miserable because building level admin isn't very good, do a little asking around at the high school and see who is disliked.
South Laurel 46 Middlesboro 12
RicFlair Wrote:You're right the system does run on kids, but try doing that with no money. Kids aren't leaving because of super, kids are leaving because parents are leaving due to lack of jobs. Employees are miserable because building level admin isn't very good, do a little asking around at the high school and see who is disliked.

I know for certain that many of the talented homegrown teachers that were once at the high school, left because of their dissatisfaction with the administrator at that school. They didn't dislike him personally, but couldn't tolerate him professionally.

One thing I didn't like under Martin that I will admit was his fault was the sense of the many backdoor dealings and decisions that took place downtown. How all of those positions down there have been handled has been shady the entire time in my opinion. I also don't like how many of the coaching hires were made. The principal was complicit and handed over that power so he should expect some of the blame as well. That said, on a day to day, in the classrooms that mattered, he played absolutely no factor.

If you're going to argue that all classrooms carry the same weight, then you don't understand how test scores work and where they come from.
I guess you can use the standard answers . I guess there parents found jobs at Yellow Creek and Bell High? LOL. Look at facts. I am done with you and the schools and community is done with Martin. Great Day. So long, good bye and the old saying , "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!"

I do understand how test scores work , but with the teacher turn over and some of the bad ones brought in test scores will suffer . Direct result of dislike of Martin. Good teachers left. It goes beyond just having a teacher in the classroom and Martin hurt that with all his BS..
Hey disgruntled teachers and former employees, this is a football message board. Please take your debate on over to topics. Thanks in advance.

Any "football" news?
He is the reason we have won 8 games in 4 years. How is that. That very well may stay at 8 till next year.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Hey disgruntled teachers and former employees, this is a football message board. Please take your debate on over to topics. Thanks in advance.

Any "football" news?

I've asked several times about the status of Jackson and Williams. Maybe as the "football" guru, you could finally shed some light. Otherwise, nothing else to talk about concerning this game.
I guess this is sure one way of getting out of firing your best friends son and him spilling all he knows on you. Let someone else do it. Martin was and is a cancer for Middlesboro.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Hey disgruntled teachers and former employees, this is a football message board. Please take your debate on over to topics. Thanks in advance.

Any "football" news?

I did go over to Topix and Martin keeps having all the post about him deleted. He can't do it here.

Tell us will Jackson or Williams play?
Trashtalker and MHSParent this news is to big for you to stay off the board. Just what are your thoughts and does it effect football in any way, either now or after season?

Martin's resignation.
So, now that Martin is out, how much does Middlesboro win by Friday night?