Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 45 Betsy Layne 43
14thregionallstate Wrote:valley better start playing ball again....betsy lane or no other team in this region is going to be a pushover!!!they'll be ready and from what im seeing ol valley might not be the ones this year
Congrats Valley. I knew you could pull it out. From what I am seeing Valley will be at Rupp.
Free Throw you must have not been seeing tonight lol, they showed no sign of a great team tonight, and most Valley fans will admit to that. I think they are alot better team but didn't play. BL was a good ball handler away from winning this game. Only one guy would dribble the ball in the press.
Win is a win, but I cant wish you luck lol sorry.
Shelby Valley has trouble with Turn Over's, Foul troubl.. Logan Bryant fouled out and Hatfield had 4,IDK, Shelby Valley just wasn't clicking last night. But I agree,if they come play like they did last night againts Belfry then there going to get beat!!!
Shelby Valley didn't play that bad and in the end they forced a couple of turnovers with pretty good pressure. Valley also hit their free throws in the ned and avoided an upset. Betsy Layne did what Coach Rose had planned on doing and they got the ball inside which hurt SV. Betsy Layne was no easy task and they played their best when the games counted the most. Good luck to Coach Rose on whatever happens in the future of Betsy Layne basketball. You have been and hopefully continue to be a positive for them and the school.
NYY10 Wrote:Shelby Valley has trouble with Turn Over's, Foul troubl.. Logan Bryant fouled out and Hatfield had 4,IDK, Shelby Valley just wasn't clicking last night. But I agree,if they come play like they did last night againts Belfry then there going to get beat!!!
Not trying to hicak this thread, but how do you think Valley will handle Case and May cutting to the basket so much. I think they are strong enough to get to the lane, and if they do then they just take it to the hole? I mean do you think that will cause Valley to foul alot like it did Paintsville? This is a Belfry team that can get to the line. That could be a big key on the game with how Valley does that.
WOW

I've watched BL throughout the season and they have improved steadily all year. Gotta hand it to em on this one- they gave SV all they wanted. Congrats on a hard fought game Bobcats- wish you could've pulled it off in the end. I would have to say Newman is by far the MOST IMPROVED player in the 58th. Each time I've seen BL play he has made great gains.
Shows you that anything can happen in March. This was an awesome and very entertaining game to watch, alot of people were pulling for BL to get the upset but fell short. They played tough and played their hearts out but came up short. Congrats to Valley on the win and good luck to them and Belfry on friday.
I don't think anyone can congratulate SV without saying the same to BL!

Congrats to both teams!
From what I understand, they beat BL by big figures during the season. I think they may have just over looked BL. I know teams try not to do that, but it is hard at this time of year not to look ahead. They won't do it again. GO VALLEY!!
Congrats Valley on a wake up win. Bobcats no one can say you didn't fight all the way to the end, heck of an effort.
Shelby Valley squeaks by a team that they had defeated by more than 20 points earlier in the season... that team did not have a winning record... many proclaim the downfall of Shelby Valley due to this lackluster performance...

No, I'm not talking about this year's team... I'm talking about the 04/05 Wildcats that "nearly" lost to a Paintsville team that they had previously defeated 70-47, and everyone predicted to be a blowout... That Shelby Valley team eeked out a win, and went on to represent the 15th at Rupp...
BL served as a wake up call for the Wildcats...I would say "look out" to whomever SV plays next, they will be more focused...doesn't mean they will beat a Belfry team that is playing their best right now, but they will be focused.

Great game BL, You have nothing to hang your head about!
I think the cats need to thank Elisha and Jackson ( his free throws at the end) for the win!
true2blue Wrote:I think the cats need to thank Elisha and Jackson ( his free throws at the end) for the win!
If Jackson would shoot the ball when he is open we may not have needed those free throws, he seemed a little scared.
I told you it wouldn't be a blowout.

Great job Betsy Layne. Keep your heads up boys you put a great fight!

Congrats SV...now go get those pirates!
BL came to play on this one and controlled the game tempo. Coach Rose wanted to keep this game in the 40's low 50's and get the ball inside and they did just that and had a shot at winning this game. BL just made to many mistakes in the final minutes and Valley done what they needed to take the game. Congrats BL and Coach Rose a much improved team over the year. I would agree Newman is the most improved in the 58th and should be something to deal with next year.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Not trying to hicak this thread, but how do you think Valley will handle Case and May cutting to the basket so much. I think they are strong enough to get to the lane, and if they do then they just take it to the hole? I mean do you think that will cause Valley to foul alot like it did Paintsville? This is a Belfry team that can get to the line. That could be a big key on the game with how Valley does that.

I would agree if Valley doesn't come with a better game could be a long night. Belfry guards are quick and strong. They spread the floor and Belfry has the size to go inside as well.
It's March Madness guys, anything can and in this case almost did happen. Congrats to BL on a great game! Congrats to SV on winning which is all that matters at this point.
Excellent point!!!:thumpsup: Coach Rose coached his heart out. It is a shame if he is pushed out!!!!!!!
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Shelby Valley didn't play that bad and in the end they forced a couple of turnovers with pretty good pressure. Valley also hit their free throws in the ned and avoided an upset. Betsy Layne did what Coach Rose had planned on doing and they got the ball inside which hurt SV. Betsy Layne was no easy task and they played their best when the games counted the most. Good luck to Coach Rose on whatever happens in the future of Betsy Layne basketball. You have been and hopefully continue to be a positive for them and the school.