Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toddlers and parents separated
Alright, Edna: “I watched a video.”
A simulated interview:

EC: You ever asked a girl to get an abortion?
Sombrero: No
EC: You ever coached a woman to get an abortion?
EC: You think a 6 week fetus is the exact same as a 6 year old Honduran girl?
Sombrero: Is a seed the exact same as the plant it becomes? No, seed to plant is a process.
EC: That mean you’re ok with abortion?
EC: What about Roe v Wade?
Sombrero: It is the current law.
EC: Was it wrongly decided? Does the right to privacy extend to pregnancy?
Sombrero: In my opinion, the state’s interest in upholding the value of life outweighs a woman’s desire to end a pregnancy. In the rare case of pregnancy caused by rape or incest, the woman’s right outweighs the state’s interest. Also, in the event of massive birth defect detected by in utero testing, or medically determined grave danger to mother’s health, the woman’s right outweighs the interest of the state.
You are a liberal. Liberals vote for Democrats.

Democratic platform planks on abortion:

Strongly and unequivocally support Roe v. Wade
The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion,

Support right to choose even if mother cannot pay
Because we believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman’s right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right.

Choice is a fundamental, constitutional right
Democrats stand behind the right of every woman to choose. We believe it is a constitutional liberty.

One cannot stand with the political party which claims to be abortion advocates while at the same time washing his own hands of the blood of 60 million innocents. And let's at least be honest on this one point, you have never decried the savagery and morally corrupt act of abortion. Not on this forum and it's easy enough to prove.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You are a liberal. Liberals vote for Democrats.

Democratic platform planks on abortion:

Strongly and unequivocally support Roe v. Wade
The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion,

Support right to choose even if mother cannot pay
Because we believe in the privacy and equality of women, we stand proudly for a woman’s right to choose, consistent with Roe v. Wade, and regardless of her ability to pay. We stand firmly against Republican efforts to undermine that right.

Choice is a fundamental, constitutional right
Democrats stand behind the right of every woman to choose. We believe it is a constitutional liberty.

One cannot stand with the political party which claims to be abortion advocates while at the same time washing his own hands of the blood of 60 million innocents. And let's at least be honest on this one point, you have never decried the savagery and morally corrupt act of abortion. Not on this forum and it's easy enough to prove.

I just posted, friendo, that I believe the interest of the state is more compelling than the privacy right of the woman, except in special instances (as mentioned).

I believe the “videos” are propogandistic. “The fetus flinches”. A person with a flat eeg flinches at bright light and loud noise.

The United States Constitution separates church and state. I do not think Roe v. Wade was decided correctly in the main, though the opinion expresses more thought on the matter than you often show. I do think the same sex marriage case was decided correctly as a matter of civil law.

Kick rocks.
⬆️
Further, I oppose the death penalty on the same grounds: the compelling interest of the state to value life restrains it from taking it. This whole business of measuring the value of life based on innocence or guilt? Ridiculous and inconsistent.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I just posted, friendo, that I believe the interest of the state is more compelling than the privacy right of the woman, except in special instances (as mentioned).

I believe the “videos” are propogandistic. “The fetus flinches”. A person with a flat eeg flinches at bright light and loud noise.

The United States Constitution separates church and state. I do not think Roe v. Wade was decided correctly in the main, though the opinion expresses more thought on the matter than you often show. I do think the same sex marriage case was decided correctly as a matter of civil law.

Kick rocks.

You're a liberal. You had in fact, outlined your pro choice/pro gay manifesto within your first 10 posts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You're a liberal. You had in fact, outlined your pro choice/pro gay manifesto within your first 10 posts.

I outlined, my peacockian friendo, an understanding of freedom of conscience (Roger Williams, Enlightenment thinkers) that undergirds the Constitution. You fail of that, with consequence, because you prooftext everything, behave as a scribe, and can see only what your inflated ego must see to support your notions of yourself. Now, I am sure you will misapply “projection” or some other such red herring or straw man, but you were mistaken then, are in error now, and will continue to be (I guess) because you believe the philosophy of Jay won the day. It did not. The mindset and viewpoint of men like Jefferson and Franklin carried the day, with certain acquiescence to Jay and others to get the document through. Kick rocks.
I cant stop thinking about all the money being spent on people who choose to come to this country illegally, bring their possible children with them that we have to spend funds on. Yet, we dont have enough funds to take care of our own citizens, that are legally here.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
Further, I oppose the death penalty on the same grounds: the compelling interest of the state to value life restrains it from taking it. This whole business of measuring the value of life based on innocence or guilt? Ridiculous and inconsistent.

Here is the basis for the death penalty:

Genesis 9:5-6 (KJV)
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Of course I knew you would reject God's own assessment the pinnacle of His own creation, man.
Romans 6:23 (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now I would be perfectly happy to do an expositional walk through all of this using Scripture, but I'm just going to say it in my own words and make the appropriate citings. All men are born outside of Christ. They are dead in trespass and sin. Eph 2:1 (KJV)

The gift of God however, is eternal life, but only for those who qualify. The only way any man can qualify, is to realize that he could not EVER merit salvation, he has to humble himself before God believing that Jesus His Son. And further that Jesus sacrificed His own life on the cross. Thusly offering up His life in sacrificial death which satisfies all men's sin debt. Because as referenced above in Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death. In other words all men deserve eternal separation from God but through the action of Christ, if we choose to accept it, we are reconciled to Him. Col 1:20 (KJV)

At the heart of salvation is this remarkable truth, God certainly would not have allowed His own Son to die on the cross if there were any other way. The penalty for sin (wages) is death, or better for the sake of this conversation, (eternal banishment to Hell). The Lord paid our debt by dying in our place. That's the 'good news.' And that is the measure of any life because every life is based on "innocence or guilt" as you put it. And that is why I implore anyone reading this NOT to listen to one word Sombrero tells you about God's gift of salvation.

And here's why. Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I outlined, my peacockian friendo, an understanding of freedom of conscience (Roger Williams, Enlightenment thinkers) that undergirds the Constitution. You fail of that, with consequence, because you prooftext everything, behave as a scribe, and can see only what your inflated ego must see to support your notions of yourself. Now, I am sure you will misapply “projection” or some other such red herring or straw man, but you were mistaken then, are in error now, and will continue to be (I guess) because you believe the philosophy of Jay won the day. It did not. The mindset and viewpoint of men like Jefferson and Franklin carried the day, with certain acquiescence to Jay and others to get the document through. Kick rocks.

Not in the first 10 posts you didn't, but yeah, you also tried to act like you were a black man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There goes many a ship to sea, with many hundred souls in one ship, whose weal and woe is common, and is a true picture of a commonwealth or a human combination or society. It hath fallen out sometimes that Papists, Protestants, Jews, and Turks may be embarked in one ship; upon which supposal I affirm that all the liberty of conscience that ever I pleaded for turns upon these two hinges: that none of the Papists, Protestants, Jews, or Turks be forced to come to the ships prayers or worship, nor be compelled [restrained] from their own particular prayers or worship, if they practice any.

Roger Williams

Eh, TRT, always hold in reserve, friendo.

Note: “urban sombrero” comes from a Seinfeld episode. That’s it. Wake up.
Men's consciences ought in no sort to be violated, urged, or constrained. And whenever men have attempted any thing by this violent course, whether openly or by secret means, the issue has been pernicious, and the cause of great and wonderful innovations in the principallest and mightiest kingdoms and countries.

Roger Williams

Eh, TRT, friendo, always keep something in reserve.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Men's consciences ought in no sort to be violated, urged, or constrained. And whenever men have attempted any thing by this violent course, whether openly or by secret means, the issue has been pernicious, and the cause of great and wonderful innovations in the principallest and mightiest kingdoms and countries.

Roger Williams

Eh, TRT, friendo, always keep something in reserve.

Keep something in reserve?? Yeah boy!!

Try having something initially, for once.

What a fruit loop.
Bob Seger Wrote:Keep something in reserve?? Yeah boy!!

What a fruit loop.

It's like talking to a girl isn't it Bob? We start the thread off talking about people who want to come here illegally using their own kids as pawns. Parents whom in my mind, are no better than the Taliban cowards who slaughter unarmed people and then hide behind more innocent people whom suffer the misfortune of being used as human shields when the American military shows up. Then we stop off briefly for a video duel on abortion which he loses. Then it's on to his hang ups with the Scriptures.

At any rate here we are now with the author of this particular confusion, trying to drag his own thread in the ditch by changing the conversation yet again. The talking in circles suddenly now centering around 18th century notions of religious freedom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
YESTERDAY---

therealthing Wrote:not in the first 10 posts you didn't, but yeah, you also tried to act like you were a black man.

YESTERDAY---
the urban sombrero Wrote:eh, trt, always hold in reserve, friendo.

Note: “urban sombrero” comes from a seinfeld episode. That’s it. Wake up.

NOW WE GO BACK TO THE EARLY DAYS OF THE URBAN SOMBRERO---

TUS Feb 14, 2016
the urban sombrero Wrote:19th amendment? 1920...so, for the first, oh, 140 years women could not vote. I guess if you are a white man, hey, that's cool. But, if you are part of a group being denied justice? Not so cool.

TUS Feb 14, 2016
the urban sombrero Wrote: let me guess, ol hoot, you be a white dude? Rhetorical question

TUS Feb 14
the urban sombrero Wrote:if you white gentlemen are suggesting one must actually be on the scotus in order to discuss the scotus, well, hello, justice alito. Alas, i have not read every jot and tittle of justice scalia's work, but i did personally attend a debate between he and justice breyer. Both men did the supreme court proud. The difference between saying a man has a "brilliant mind" and saying he has a "towering intellect" i do not think is anything but semantics.

HOOT Feb 14, 2016
hoot gibson Wrote: if you are going to set yourself up as a victim of evil white males, then please provide the following information about yourself so that others may treat you in the delicate manner that you believe you deserve:

1. Race(s)

2. Sex (m, f, h, m but formerly f, f but formerly m, other)

3. Age

4. Religion

5. Sexual orientation (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, trisexual, asexual, other)

6. Ear size (small, normal, obama jumbo sized, none)

7. Skin pigment (white, light brown, dark brown, yellow, red, elizabeth warren red, donald trump orange, none (albino))

8. Handedness (right, left, ambidextrous, total klutz, none)

9. List any other physical attribute or lifestyle choice that might cause you to misinterpret the ridicule of poorly supported positions for something else.

Thanks for participating in this survey.

TRT Feb 20, 2016
therealthing Wrote:you're white.

TUS Feb 20
the urban sombrero Wrote: i was born with less pigment. True enough. But, "in christ jesus there is no black or white" is my mind of christ thinking.

Again, you came on here faking to be black.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zero credibility...ZERO!!

What a joke.....What a loser....What a hypocrite....What a liar!!
Meanwhile. ALL the pictures of crying toddlers and/or babies are lies. There are no pictures, but one thing we do have plenty of it would seem, are an endless succession of reporters willing to find a picture of a crying toddler someplace, anyplace, and fake a news report whose sole purpose is to make the President look bad. Take the cover of Time Magazine for example with the baby girl crying and looking on as a border patrol agent spoke with her Mommy. As it turns out Mommy and baby girl were NOT separated at all. The picture made for an epic lie though. And Time Gagazine was up to the task.

The news loop concerning our duly elected federal government is similarly charged with these false and defamatory claims every day. And the daily White House Press briefing has become a national shame. I believe the resistance is criminal in deed and in deliberation. And in consideration of the bloodless coup presently afoot in this land, it is my contention that the lid is completely off of Pandora's Box. Donald J Trump is the legally elected President of the United States. IF he were to be unseated owing to some shenanigan, I doubt anybody could accurately predict the seriousness of the fallout. The voter must rise up again this fall, and every election thereafter for the foreseeable future and pray earnestly that time is not yet up, as far as my analogy of our going down the drain is concerned.

How grand it would be if the entire nation rebelled against the above mentioned saboteurs, and come this November vote to sweep the obstructionist Dems out of office.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
“I was born with less pigment”... think about it. You guys. You’re funny.
Bob Seger Wrote:Zero credibility...ZERO!!

What a joke.....What a loser....What a hypocrite....What a liar!!

Ah, torro, torro, senor toro.
Bob Seger Wrote:Keep something in reserve?? Yeah boy!!

What a fruit loop.

Ah, torro, torro, senor toro.
⬆️
“I love a fetus, but, oh, I hate a criminal. Save one: kill the other.”

Blah, blah, blah, TRT.

Scribe.
There is no truth you would not pervert.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Your words, TRT, your words.

By law, she was to be executed. Ah, but the hypocrisy, the cultural misogyny that brought her there.
Yet all stones cast down in the presence of pure justice, pure mercy, married in one body, one existence. “Neither do I condemn you.”

Any time, friendo, and I mean ANY time. Until then, it’s blather on your part.
Don't try to put any of your lying words in my mouth.

After having watched your hypocrisies exposed time and time again, nobody's buying that "any time" baloney. You got something to say. Say it. You've already proven you have no honor. You can't even fake a threat without plagiarizing from my writing style. I can't say I blame you though, copying me is without question your best attribute.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
You wish.

Equal protection under the law. The state’s interest in upholding the value of life. The red meat slinging of xenophobic propoganda. The obstruction of justice. These are, at least, debateable points. Peacockian crowing notwithstanding.
You wish.

Equal protection under the law. The state’s interest in upholding the value of life. The red meat slinging of xenophobic propoganda. The obstruction of justice. These are, at least, debateable points. Peacockian crowing notwithstanding.

No thanks. Lying and debating are different concepts to all but liberals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
How convenient. Balderdash. Rubbish.
How convenient. Balderdash. Rubbish.

How long did it take for you to repeat the word balderdash after I used it? Minutes, or was it barely an hour?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:How long did it take for you to repeat the word balderdash after I used it? Minutes, or was it barely an hour?

Now you can imagine how annoyed Chris Cuomo must feel to have his wannabee stalking him 24/7. :yikes:
TheRealThing Wrote:How long did it take for you to repeat the word balderdash after I used it? Minutes, or was it barely an hour?

You do get that mimicry is not always copying, right? And when done with intent is not plagiarism? Nor is it flattery.

Now, to return to immigration: these United States, full of cheese dip lusting folks, who love their fruit picked cheap, their construction projects at low bid, their meat processed inexpensively...well, we have to decide where to bow: money (old wallet and purse politics), or nationalistic exceptionalism, or some sort of reform that recognizes the true realities of the 21st century.