Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central, Paintsville game
I'm not saying that it was a big determining factor to the outcome of the game... I am just simply saying why isn't anyone talking about the players and what they done good and bad... the audience can't do anything about the officals! I couldn't agree more with you about the whole thing concerning the umps, I am just want to know everyones views about the two teams and where they stand in the district and region.
eaglehoops Wrote:I was there and I think the 1st base ump called the runner who ran into the P-ville player out but allowed the runner to score because with that out there would have only been 2 outs. I'm not realy sure on the rules but I will say this there were many questionable calls by both umps tonight. And my oh my what a pitching performance by both ladies! Jessica Russell really stepped up for PHS and for JC, they couldn't hit anything past the infield. And is it just me or do they take the first pitch every time? They got a long way to go if they want to challenge for a region title IMO. Also, great crowd!

I Was At The Game And I Recall Sarah Williams Hitting It To Russell 4 Times And She Got On Base EVERY Time....
Hard Hitter Wrote:The game still wouldnt have been over that would have just been two out there were no outs when this occured. Jc would have had another shoot with runners on second and third. One other thing In the 10 inning with a runner starting on second Neither coach bunted them over. Thats crazy that should be the first thing you do.

This quote came from the Paintsville Herald:

"With the game tied in the bottom of the 10th inning, the bases full of Lady Eagles and a drawn in Lady Tigers’ infield, Brianna Ritz hit a soft fly ball just beyond first base that was really difficult to catch. It was ruled an infield fly for the second out but Nakia Cantrell was allowed to score after the ball hit the ground."

So if interference is called, End of the inning. This was just not fair to either team.