Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Kentucky Football, Bath Co. has arrived.
You also must keep in mind that Bath co. is still rebuilding. After so many 1-9 seasons and playing teams like LCA and Raceland every year will force you to schedule teams like Clinton co. and Williamsburg. These teams were scheduled before the new district was set. Add that in with 4 EKC games and 4 district games then you have a whole season. Us scheduling an easy team with our two open slots is equivalent to P-Burg scheduling a game with Betsy Layne. Besides, Bath and P-Burg play in week 3 and I think the only team that will benefit from the Breathitt - Prestonsburg game will be Bath co.
RIP_28 Wrote:Don't count Powell as a win just yet.
One of the best coaches in the state will be leading the Pirates this season.

ivan mcglone is still at russell lol
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:You also must keep in mind that Bath co. is still rebuilding. After so many 1-9 seasons and playing teams like LCA and Raceland every year will force you to schedule teams like Clinton co. and Williamsburg. These teams were scheduled before the new district was set. Add that in with 4 EKC games and 4 district games then you have a whole season. Us scheduling an easy team with our two open slots is equivalent to P-Burg scheduling a game with Betsy Layne. Besides, Bath and P-Burg play in week 3 and I think the only team that will benefit from the Breathitt - Prestonsburg game will be Bath co.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but if Bath Co. is rebuilding as you say, then how do you expect them to compete with Prestonsburg?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but if Bath Co. is rebuilding as you say, then how do you expect them to compete with Prestonsburg?

What I'm saying is Bath co. didn't want to schedule powerhouse teams in their second year of rebuilding and they only had 2 open spots to schedule teams.

Just wait until week 3. We'll see you all in the mountains.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:What I'm saying is Bath co. didn't want to schedule powerhouse teams in their second year of rebuilding and they only had 2 open spots to schedule teams.

Just wait until week 3. We'll see you all in the mountains.

Look, I'm not from P-Burg, don't live there, and have absolutely no ties to them at all. But I do know enough about them to say that they are a traditional power in this area, and even in a down year they're still pretty good. I may not know much about Bath Co., but you yourself admitted that they are rebuilding this year. If that is the case, then they have very little chance of winning at P-Burg.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
warriorpride Wrote:Yea I agree. It should look like this for district I think.
1. P'burg
2. Bath Co.
3. Shleby Valley
4. Morgan Co.

looks like a very good prediction to me