•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
Hatz Wrote:Two state titles say you're wrong. :please:

I've heard UK basketball fans say that Tubby Smith is a terrible basketball coach. Last I checked Rupp Arena honors a 1998 Championship. Championships don't make a good coach. It just means they have good players.
To say French isn't a great coach is ridiculous.
What kind of package is Middlesboro putting together to draw French.
Middlesboro is a well paying coaching job. I believe $12,000 just for football.
Real Badman Wrote:I've heard UK basketball fans say that Tubby Smith is a terrible basketball coach. Last I checked Rupp Arena honors a 1998 Championship. Championships don't make a good coach. It just means they have good players.

This could possibly be one of the least thought out arguments or statements that I have seen on BGR. How many coaches in all of Kentucky football history have one not just one, but two state championships. How many coaches can say they've gone to multiple schools and put them on the winning path. Yes, Larry French won a couple of state championships at Boyle County, but he also took LINCOLN County to a state semi Final game in just a few years and most recently took a program with one win the season before he got there, to a ten win season and competing for a regional championship against a state championship team. ALSO he is one of the top five winningest coaches in Kentucky High School Football History. To say that he is a second place guy is ignorant.
Real Badman Wrote:I've heard UK basketball fans say that Tubby Smith is a terrible basketball coach. Last I checked Rupp Arena honors a 1998 Championship. Championships don't make a good coach. It just means they have good players.

So what is the mark?

1986 and taking Mercer County to the State Semifinals?

1993 taking a nothing program like Meade County and lifting them to the State Finals?

Winning 2 titles and going 30-0 for Boyle?

Name the players off of Mercer and Meade County that overcame his coaching deficiences please?
BlueRaider Wrote:This could possibly be one of the least thought out arguments or statements that I have seen on BGR. How many coaches in all of Kentucky football history have one not just one, but two state championships. How many coaches can say they've gone to multiple schools and put them on the winning path. Yes, Larry French won a couple of state championships at Boyle County, but he also took LINCOLN County to a state semi Final game in just a few years and most recently took a program with one win the season before he got there, to a ten win season and competing for a regional championship against a state championship team. ALSO he is one of the top five winningest coaches in Kentucky High School Football History. To say that he is a second place guy is ignorant.

Totally forgot about Lincoln County. Add that to his list of failures please. :biglmao:
Boys I’m just telling you what I think. But in reality, I think he knows he can’t exceed Johnny Hines, and wants to be second fiddle to the dud.

Change my mind
Nobody has to. You are crazy if you think Larry French isn’t a top ten coach of all time. He has taken five programs to semi finals. Let that sink in. Two of the five to championship games.

You are absurd
Real Badman Wrote:Boys I’m just telling you what I think. But in reality, I think he knows he can’t exceed Johnny Hines, and wants to be second fiddle to the dud.

Change my mind
Correct IMO.
Middlesboro about to go to a district and region as soft as (you feel in the name) without viagara. Could make consistent runs to semis
E's Army Wrote:Middlesboro about to go to a district and region as soft as (you feel in the name) without viagara. Could make consistent runs to semis

This is true, and don’t think for one minute he can’t get a few players to come back out or over. He may have played second fiddle in the Pulaski war, but Pulaski made it to title game a couple times the past 4 years I believe. You can’t truly deny his ability to coach. He has found success at multiple programs, and it may not be a title but it is still a hell of an accomplishment to make semis.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:He has found success at multiple programs, and it may not be a title but it is still a hell of an accomplishment to make semis.

Getting to the semis in KY’s current 6-class system isn’t exactly summiting Mount Rushmore, but French is still one of the top coaches around—and he has proven himself a consistent winner across four decades now.
Sorry guys. Just what I've been told. Suppose to be back in Middlesboro Friday. MHS offered him around $80,000 and he's accepted the offer.
E's Army Wrote:Middlesboro about to go to a district and region as soft as (you feel in the name) without viagara. Could make consistent runs to semis

Don’t sleep on Breathitt. Killer Bs are coming back.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Getting to the semis in KY’s current 6-class system isn’t exactly summiting Mount Rushmore, but French is still one of the top coaches around—and he has proven himself a consistent winner across four decades now.
He took Meade to the finals and Lincoln to the semis in the 4 class system by the way. Larry has been around a long time winning a lot at places that weren't winning before he got there. Even Boyle was down, record wise, under Pardue and he came in and won 2 titles. If you think he wasn't a great HS coach in this state you are just ignorant of history.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:This is true, and don’t think for one minute he can’t get a few players to come back out or over. He may have played second fiddle in the Pulaski war, but Pulaski made it to title game a couple times the past 4 years I believe. You can’t truly deny his ability to coach. He has found success at multiple programs, and it may not be a title but it is still a hell of an accomplishment to make semis.

Hopefully Whitley County gets their players back and Middlesboro gets a few from Corbin city limits :biglmao:
BellCo18 Wrote:Sorry guys. Just what I've been told. Suppose to be back in Middlesboro Friday. MHS offered him around $80,000 and he's accepted the offer.

I was in Middlesboro yesterday but didn't get the job.
BellCo18 Wrote:Sorry guys. Just what I've been told. Suppose to be back in Middlesboro Friday. MHS offered him around $80,000 and he's accepted the offer.

Sorry you are not correct. He has not told Middlesboro he has accepted. He has said he will let them know Friday. Why has no one posted the real reason he is even interested in this job. His son will be allowed to take over with this deal. Southwestern and Whitley has not offered that. This is the reason, in two years French retires and his son has a head coaching job. If southwestern were to match then he doesn’t come IMO. We will see. Bellmiddle if he does take it Friday you didn’t call it because he has not gave an answer yet. Good try though.
NextGeneration Wrote:Sorry you are not correct. He has not told Middlesboro he has accepted. He has said he will let them know Friday. Why has no one posted the real reason he is even interested in this job. His son will be allowed to take over with this deal. Southwestern and Whitley has not offered that. This is the reason, in two years French retires and his son has a head coaching job. If southwestern were to match then he doesn’t come IMO. We will see. Bellmiddle if he does take it Friday you didn’t call it because he has not gave an answer yet. Good try though.

If his son wants to be a HC I would think he would want to be his own man and get a HC job on his own. Why would he want daddy to set him up? Weak IMO
On the other side Middlesboro will sale there soul for a good coach.
NextGeneration Wrote:Sorry you are not correct. He has not told Middlesboro he has accepted. He has said he will let them know Friday. Why has no one posted the real reason he is even interested in this job. His son will be allowed to take over with this deal. Southwestern and Whitley has not offered that. This is the reason, in two years French retires and his son has a head coaching job. If southwestern were to match then he doesn’t come IMO. We will see. Bellmiddle if he does take it Friday you didn’t call it because he has not gave an answer yet. Good try though.

What does his son's resume look like?
My Daddies assistant to present. If you go this route you don't have to make one.
PRIDE101 Wrote:If his son wants to be a HC I would think he would want to be his own man and get a HC job on his own. Why would he want daddy to set him up? Weak IMO
On the other side Middlesboro will sale there soul for a good coach.

Maybe they should hire you as their Athletic Director since you've always had a powerhouse football team at Knox Central.
Haven't read the thread but hope he takes M'boro job. Don't have any love for Middlesboro but as a big fan of mountain football I like it when Middlesboro is good.
pjdoug Wrote:Maybe they should hire you as their Athletic Director since you've always had a powerhouse football team at Knox Central.

This from a Whitley guy? You are giving pop shots about administration? Think before you post Dougie. Looks like the hire we made is working out pretty well for us. Go back to your thread and hug Lawson and Siler.
pjdoug Wrote:Hopefully Whitley County gets their players back and Middlesboro gets a few from Corbin city limits :biglmao:

Both will not happen, your going to lose more than you will gain. Christmas Break is coming and the burg is taking your players, and yes I am bitter I didn’t have a better jump on snagging a few for us. Your administration should take notes, while they are checking the family tree looking for a coach Middlesboro actually hired one.

And to add, Pride your a gaining one also at Knox.
I am hearing if this happens with French, Massengill stays on as DC and French Jr. OC.

I am not part of the deal. He has known that since Middlesboro called, my wife is from Somerset and this is home for myself and kids. Southwestern is my home.
So SW has agreed to hire you, Congratulations. Now, does Dad stay or will he come to Middlesboro.
Next Generation - you are a complete jack@ss. You need to go root for Pineville or just be disgruntled somewhere else. You are a miserable human being. Hope you find God soon
You pull against anything Middlesboro tries to do - def not a fan
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next