Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valleys NOTE
Panther Thunder Wrote:When you say "quite creative" are you actually condoning this act? If so, I see no reason for anyone on this site to take anything you say seriously.

I can't speak for ComeFlyWithMe, but I am condoning it.

It's very good psychology. The sound of it, is that we don't know who did it to be certain.

Some say SV, some say ER. No matter who did it, this is something that HELPS Pikeville.

Like I was saying, in Football, Pikeville would always get a "death wreath" from Belfry the day before, or day of the game. This had a little poem or whatever, and it was meant to piss off the Pikeville football players.

Come to find out, people from Pikeville had been sending them to us the whole time, just trying to make us play harder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
First and foremost the lady warriors knew nothing about :dontthink this until two of thier players went to the boys baseball game on Wedensday, a player from pikeville informed them about what had happened... The Lady warriors really didnt care who won they just wanted the better team to win and it didnt happen!!! But what comes around goes around....and if im not wrong SV did that to the Lady warriors basketball team this year also!!!!
if they didnt care what team won then why did they say that they wished pikeville would beat valley! but the better team did win...shelby valley!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I can't speak for ComeFlyWithMe, but I am condoning it.

It's very good psychology. The sound of it, is that we don't know who did it to be certain.

Some say SV, some say ER. No matter who did it, this is something that HELPS Pikeville.

Like I was saying, in Football, Pikeville would always get a "death wreath" from Belfry the day before, or day of the game. This had a little poem or whatever, and it was meant to piss off the Pikeville football players.

Come to find out, people from Pikeville had been sending them to us the whole time, just trying to make us play harder.

Now poor sportsmanship is good strategy and should be encouraged?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Now poor sportsmanship is good strategy and should be encouraged?

Who said it was poor sportsmanship?

No one here really seems to know who it actually came from. Some say SV, some are saying it's def. ER. But who knows, there are people on here saying ER knew nothing about it.

How do you know for sure it wasn't some people from Pikeville that did it to try and get the Panthers upset and wanting to play harder?

Teams try to sike each other out all the team. I know for a fact that a lot of Pikeville baseball and football players wear black reflection paint to make themselves look like "warriors," but often just end up looking like pro wrestlers. This is intended to intimidate the oponent. And in softball they have all those little chants they do. It's all along the same lines.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Who said it was poor sportsmanship?

No one here really seems to know who it actually came from. Some say SV, some are saying it's def. ER. But who knows, there are people on here saying ER knew nothing about it.

How do you know for sure it wasn't some people from Pikeville that did it to try and get the Panthers upset and wanting to play harder?

Teams try to sike each other out all the team. I know for a fact that a lot of Pikeville baseball and football players wear black reflection paint to make themselves look like "warriors," but often just end up looking like pro wrestlers. This is intended to intimidate the oponent. And in softball they have all those little chants they do. It's all along the same lines.

Assuming SV or East Ridge did this and not Pikeville then it would be considered poor sportsmanship. The instance you mentioned with the eye black does not include personal attacks on players. And the softball chants are not USUALLY ( isay that because i haven't heard every single one) directed toward one single player. Personal attacks on off-the field matters are indeed poor sportsmanship.
But we don't know who sent it, so who's to say that it is or isn't poor sportsmanship?

Someone has even said that the ER girls knew nothing about this until some of their friends told them about it. If this is in fact the case, then it still wouldn't be poor sportsmanship, because the girls on the ER softball team didn't do it and didn't know anything about it.

I agree that if someone from the SV or ER softball team made the thing and put it in the dugout, that would be poor sportsmanship, but you can't say that SV or ER softball teams are displaying poor sportsmanship if they didn't do it. They would have had no control over that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:But we don't know who sent it, so who's to say that it is or isn't poor sportsmanship?

Someone has even said that the ER girls knew nothing about this until some of their friends told them about it. If this is in fact the case, then it still wouldn't be poor sportsmanship, because the girls on the ER softball team didn't do it and didn't know anything about it.

I agree that if someone from the SV or ER softball team made the thing and put it in the dugout, that would be poor sportsmanship, but you can't say that SV or ER softball teams are displaying poor sportsmanship if they didn't do it. They would have had no control over that.

i agree.
WOO HOO GO VALLEY**** Idc if you done the cross or not...it might be an idea for later occasions** hahahahahaha oh *&* congrats on the win...REGION CHAMPS**** =)
Soon enough people are going to be wanting finger prints from every person in Pike County to see WHO REALLY DID IT!! This could be a good CSI show i can see it now the next one will be called CSI Pikeville Episode one: The High School Revenge.
haha...that's hilarious!
ladywarriorfan Wrote:First and foremost the lady warriors knew nothing about :dontthink this until two of thier players went to the boys baseball game on Wedensday, a player from pikeville informed them about what had happened... The Lady warriors really didnt care who won they just wanted the better team to win and it didnt happen!!! But what comes around goes around....and if im not wrong SV did that to the Lady warriors basketball team this year also!!!!
That is funny!:thatsfunn Seems like that would have come out before now. This is first that has been spoken about.
You know the kids would get along just fine if the parents wouldn't say anything negative about the other team. Most the time you can see the girls standing around talking with the other team during and after the game.
Just some good old fashion fun
ladywarriorfan Wrote:First and foremost the lady warriors knew nothing about :dontthink this until two of thier players went to the boys baseball game on Wedensday, a player from pikeville informed them about what had happened... The Lady warriors really didnt care who won they just wanted the better team to win and it didnt happen!!! But what comes around goes around....and if im not wrong SV did that to the Lady warriors basketball team this year also!!!!

So you are saying that ER ended up getting slammed by the worse team. Good luck in region I think you may need it!
LOL, yeah if you think the Bat Kats aren't one of the top 2 teams in the region, then you have another thing coming come region time, Napier is the best softball coach in the region and this team has been there and done that over again, they know what to expect, and they know how to get it done, watch out for SV in the 15 region tournament.

ER and Pikeville have talent, lots of it. But during the tournament, both teams simply got outplayed and outcoached. I think the scoreboard showed everyone who was the "better team". And as to that basketball stuff - Valley never done anything to the Lady Warriors except beat them. Coach Napier and his girls have too much class for acts such as this. If you read today's News Express and the comment that Coach Napier had as to the Regional Tournament, you would know where our team gets their class from. He not only teaches these girls how to play ball, he teaches them sportsmanship!!!
mountainsfanforever Wrote:Sorry to even point this out, but it was killing me..."irreguardless" is not a word...

Regardless is the word you were looking for.

http://m-w.com/dictionary/irregardless
Check it out. Please and thank you. :o
OK, if we wanna fight about how to spell then do it in the General Discussions forum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry, I was just trying to make a point.

ANYWAY. Back to the note.

Its over and done with. I think we should just move on.

btw. Slamma... That was hilarious. CSI: Pikeville Style lol
Pikeville done the same thing to ER back in basketball season...the sent dead flowers with a note saying "you region chances are dead just like these flowers" or something like that. They were referring to the 59th district game which pikeville won...
15th.Fanatic Wrote:Sorry, I was just trying to make a point.

ANYWAY. Back to the note.

Its over and done with. I think we should just move on.

btw. Slamma... That was hilarious. CSI: Pikeville Style lol

well thank you i think its crazy how people get so fired up about this i mean its clean harmless fun. Then people are like OMG who did it we have to get to the bottom of this. IT DOESN"T MATTER IT HAS NO EFFECT ON THE OUT COME OF A GAME.
I think the biggest difference between this incident and others like this; is that whoever made it, specifically singled out individuals and made comments about their personal lives.

Usually, when things like this are done it's some stupid comment made towards the team as a whole. In this case, they actually named specific people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I think the biggest difference between this incident and others like this; is that whoever made it, specifically singled out individuals and made comments about their personal lives.

Usually, when things like this are done it's some stupid comment made towards the team as a whole. In this case, they actually named specific people.
Haha finally someone sees my side of it..... I would have no problem with it being done but taking personal shots at student athletes is unacceptable...
Its high school sports there is simply no diffrence then singling out a player in a way such as this and doing it in a game from a pep section, where every school is guilty. So if your complaint is taking personal shots at certain players then first talk to Pikeville's pep section in sports and tell them not to take personal shots. Then once that happens maybe other schools will follow as well, must be a leader b-4 you point fingers. Right? not saying Pikeville has ever done anything to this extent in my knowing BUT they have made signs that single out individual.

NOTE: This post is not an argument just an idea. Big Grin
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Its high school sports there is simply no diffrence then singling out a player in a way such as this and doing it in a game from a pep section, where every school is guilty. So if your complaint is taking personal shots at certain players then first talk to Pikeville's pep section in sports and tell them not to take personal shots. Then once that happens maybe other schools will follow as well, must be a leader b-4 you point fingers. Right? not saying Pikeville has ever done anything to this extent in my knowing BUT they have made signs that single out individual.

NOTE: This post is not an argument just an idea. Big Grin

No way, Pikeville would never take shots at people, especially when they're whole section chanted "Esther's easy"...no, they would never single someone out, lol, quit trying to cover up for Pikeville people, and like 15th said, you have to be a leader before you can point fingers.
There is no use singling out Pikeville here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:No way, Pikeville would never take shots at people, especially when they're whole section chanted "Esther's easy"...no, they would never single someone out, lol, quit trying to cover up for Pikeville people, and like 15th said, you have to be a leader before you can point fingers.

I think he was actually saying Pikeville needed to change their ways if they want to complain about getting called out..........

Either way, this threads just about getting out of hand. We don't need to turn this into personal attacks on either school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
no one has taken this too far or has it gotten out of hand, someone just tried to have a little fun but Pikeville had to go a cry about it, it's not like it was the first time one of them has been talked about by someone outside of the Pikeville community.
Yeah, that's obvious, but no matter who it is, this is high schools sports. No one deserves to be called out on personal matters just because they are on an opposing team.

And don't give me that, "oh it's just pikeville crying about it" crap, because if it was someone on your team, or someone that you knew personally, you wouldn't be so nonchalant about it either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
well, Valley gets ragged on this board more than anything, oh we're whiners, we have no class, we're this and that, so it actually wouldn't bother me to be talked about because I've heard enough of it.