Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region POTY and COTY
A Letcher boy and Coach had won it before him....where is all the hatred coming from?
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Emmanuel Owootaoh and Christian Cunningham from the players stand point.....Kevin Spurlock and Rodrick Rhodes won state titles and neither won Coach of the Year in the 14th

Wouldnt Cordia on probabtion (postseason ban) the year they won the All A? Could be the reason he didn't receive any votes.
I’m sure that’s probably the reason!
Tailback44 Wrote:Wouldnt Cordia on probabtion (postseason ban) the year they won the All A? Could be the reason he didn't receive any votes.

Rhodes didn't get any votes because it was a popularity contest and he was the least popular coach in the 14th Region. To top it off, Rhodes had some teams that should have went to Rupp but he never made it. Those Cordia teams were loaded but I think he just rolled the balls out for the most part.
running_clock Wrote:To top it off, Rhodes had some teams that should have went to Rupp but he never made it. Those Cordia teams were loaded

yo willie, maybe this is the reason, continue to underachie year in and year out. Holland, S Hoskins, or Noble would had trips to Rupp with those teams under Rhodes
If I remember correctly....didn’t Knott Central go to state during those 4 years? Those coaches wouldn’t have went to state with those teams either!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:If I remember correctly....didn’t Knott Central go to state during those 4 years? Those coaches wouldn’t have went to state with those teams either!

Knott was great but they didn't exactly walk through the region in those four years. Those Cordia teams under Al Holland could have made noise at Rupp.
This region is so weak its untelling who win it, Im going with Breathitt Co or Knott Cent.
hoghead Wrote:This region is so weak its untelling who win it, Im going with Breathitt Co or Knott Cent.

I think Breathitt is more hungry and they are due
John Calipari couldn’t have beat Knott those 4 years!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:John Calipari couldn’t have beat Knott those 4 years!

You're right, but Al Holland with that Cordia team could have lol

Knott's run was special, but they didn't really dominate the region.

They were 1-3 against Perry Central the first two years of that run, but they won the one that counted. Had to beat Buckhorn in the championship game the year they beat Perry in district. The Horn had beaten them a couple weeks earlier.

They had to mount a comeback to beat both Perry and Hazard in the region the third year. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but I still think if Matt Thompson doesn't go down Hazard wins that basketball game.

Again... I don't want to take anything away from Knott's run because that group of kids was special. I'm just saying they didn't completely dominate the region for four years. That last year they did. No one really touched them.
Maybe Al will get his chance to coach talent like that someday!