Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Knoxville Catholic (TN) 8/31
FoSho Wrote:By your list, you definetly don't get it. Lol

Yep. I've been pretty clear about saying that you're not making any sense.
TheOracle Wrote:Yep. I've been pretty clear about saying that you're not making any sense.

I added to my last post.

I can't help you understand what I'm saying. I'm not using what other people rank players, I go by who dominates a game and can do so in multiple ways.

Stars and offers are great. DAWGS are the dudes that are FOOTBALL PLAYERS and nobody in KY HS Football does that quite like Reese Smith. So you either don't know football, are letting stars/offers help you or haven't seen him play.
My thought on this is a player is a pound for pound performer. Example Smith
Prospect is someone who is ranked because of expectation. I get what your saying fosho, all mentioned have bright futures just some futures are based on expectation and some because of skill and performance.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:My thought on this is a player is a pound for pound performer. Example Smith
Prospect is someone who is ranked because of expectation. I get what your saying fosho, all mentioned have bright futures just some futures are based on expectation and some because of skill and performance.

....and some are based on hype. 😬
Its not raining today!
bo67 Wrote:I have not seen Smith. From what you said. He sounds like the real deal. Huddy I’ve seen. He’s good. And they need to play him as much as possible. He can be a game changer on offense, defense and special teams. Surely they see that

They dont, it is part of what has set the program back for the last 3-4 years.
plantmanky Wrote:Its not raining today!

Thank God, nowhere to put it. ☹️
Jack Lambert Wrote:Could be a running clock in Catholic’s favor.

This should be a pretty evenly matched game, some are claiming Knoxville Cath to be a super power but they are not. They are a decent team that's about it.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:This should be a pretty evenly matched game, some are claiming Knoxville Cath to be a super power but they are not. They are a decent team that's about it.

Oh lord here comes the Mayfield fans to talk about how much better they are than everyone else. Knoxville Catholic would spank Mayfield too.
FoSho Wrote:Thank God, nowhere to put it. ☹️

Not to make light of the situation but they are saying heavy rain this weekend.

Glad I live close to the ARK.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Oh lord here comes the Mayfield fans to talk about how much better they are than everyone else. Knoxville Catholic would spank Mayfield too.

We likely would, look them up yourself. We have a higher rated TN team ourselves not to mention we are higher rated
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Oh lord here comes the Mayfield fans to talk about how much better they are than everyone else. Knoxville Catholic would spank Mayfield too.

You are obviously incompetent talking about something you know nothing about. People like you should not be allowed to post. Knoxville Cent has only 1 state title back in 2008. If you look them up on Max Preps as I did you will see they are ranked 1,355 last year and that was a little higher than normal but somewhat of a norm the last couple years. Highlands ranked 1271. As I have said all indications are that this will be a pretty evenly matched game and I will go so far as to say Highlands will be the favorite. Those of course are last years rankings and I don't know who lost what but doubt it will be that much different.

Oh and since you (NOT I) decided to bring Mayfield into it, the Cardinals rank was 1226. Oh and Mayfield plays Lausanne Collegiate Lynx this year. The Lynx lost in final 4 this and were state champs in 2016 and 17 with a rank of 1009. Thanks for bringing Mayfield into this giving me a chance to post some on them :biglmao:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:You are obviously incompetent talking about something you know nothing about. People like you should not be allowed to post. Knoxville Cent has only 1 state title back in 2008. If you look them up on Max Preps as I did you will see they are ranked 1,355 last year and that was a little higher than normal but somewhat of a norm the last couple years. Highlands ranked 1271. As I have said all indications are that this will be a pretty evenly matched game and I will go so far as to say Highlands will be the favorite. Those of course are last years rankings and I don't know who lost what but doubt it will be that much different.

Oh and since you (NOT I) decided to bring Mayfield into it, the Cardinals rank was 1226. Oh and Mayfield plays Lausanne Collegiate Lynx this year. The Lynx lost in final 4 this and were state champs in 2016 and 17 with a rank of 1009. Thanks for bringing Mayfield into this giving me a chance to post some on them :biglmao:

If you’re living by max preps ranking then you need to take your head outta the dirt. Knox Cath was final 4 last season just like the Lynx. Knox Cath also added Tee Martin’s son to a team that already had multiple lineman with power 5 offers. Tee Martin’s son holding offers from USC. I would love to bet anything you’d like to bet on the game that it’s a curb stomping.

But since we’re going strictly off max preps, I guess that explains why Mayfield got beat in their final game last year.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:If you’re living by max preps ranking then you need to take your head outta the dirt. Knox Cath was final 4 last season just like the Lynx. Knox Cath also added Tee Martin’s son to a team that already had multiple lineman with power 5 offers. Tee Martin’s son holding offers from USC. I would love to bet anything you’d like to bet on the game that it’s a curb stomping.

But since we’re going strictly off max preps, I guess that explains why Mayfield got beat in their final game last year.

I was a little harsh, for that I apologize but we are going to disagree on this thread. I stand by my opinion that Highlands can and likely will play with them. I also stated but want to do it again, I am going off last years ratings but they have not been any sort of super power house recently. Out of curiosity I looked their past seasons up and they have one title in the schools history in 2008 and been a good but not great program pretty much their entire life. Again I apologize for being to strong worded with you and to Jack who I really should not have brought into this. I am still grieving over that Mayfield finals loss. Maybe we can right the ship this season, if not the Cards will try it again the next
Highlands will wear them out only playing most kids one way. So Knox has kids offered by USC. And Highlands has kids offered by Eastern Michigan.
bo67 Wrote:Highlands will wear them out only playing most kids one way. So Knox has kids offered by USC. And Highlands has kids offered by Eastern Michigan.

USC, Georgia, and Georgia Tech.
Knoxville Catholic is very good year in and out. Counting 2008, they have 3 state championships. The two years Belfry played them, 15 and 16, Belfry went against multiple Power 5 signees. Amari Rodgers and Cade Mays were the two highest rated and they had several other really good players. Mays younger brother played as well. Rodgers starts at WR for Clemson and has had 74 catches for almost 700 yards in two years for the Tigers. He lit Belfry up both years with over 200 yards receiving in both games. Belfry pounded Catholic in 15 at Belfry and in 16 Knox Cath returned the favor. In 2015 KC won the state championship. Mays starts on the O line for UGA.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:If you’re living by max preps ranking then you need to take your head outta the dirt. Knox Cath was final 4 last season just like the Lynx. Knox Cath also added Tee Martin’s son to a team that already had multiple lineman with power 5 offers. Tee Martin’s son holding offers from USC. I would love to bet anything you’d like to bet on the game that it’s a curb stomping.

bucslover68 Wrote:Knoxville Catholic is very good year in and out. Counting 2008, they have 3 state championships. The two years Belfry played them, 15 and 16, Belfry went against multiple Power 5 signees. Amari Rodgers and Cade Mays were the two highest rated and they had several other really good players. Mays younger brother played as well. Rodgers starts at WR for Clemson and has had 74 catches for almost 700 yards in two years for the Tigers. He lit Belfry up both years with over 200 yards receiving in both games. Belfry pounded Catholic in 15 at Belfry and in 16 Knox Cath returned the favor. In 2015 KC won the state championship. Mays starts on the O line for UGA.

bucs last post where he said they won a state title went against what I saw on Max. So I went to TSSAA site and he was correct. Football fan was also correct about trusting Max. I went back to Max and when you look they have it wrong on the all time stuff but they have it right if you look year to year. So I was wrong and Highlands likely will have their hands full in not much worse. I was flat wrong
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:bucs last post where he said they won a state title went against what I saw on Max. So I went to TSSAA site and he was correct. Football fan was also correct about trusting Max. I went back to Max and when you look they have it wrong on the all time stuff but they have it right if you look year to year. So I was wrong and Highlands likely will have their hands full in not much worse. I was flat wrong

“You are obviously incompetent talking about something you know nothing about. People like you should not be allowed to post.”

I know a thing or two about football believe it or not. 😉
And none of these opinions are bias either. It's easy to say this player or that player is the best when you're that teams fan and see a particular player play every Friday night. And if that is the case, then it's also apparrent you haven't been watching any of the other players mentioned or, at best, very little, to give a fair opinion.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:“You are obviously incompetent talking about something you know nothing about. People like you should not be allowed to post.”

I know a thing or two about football believe it or not. 😉

Not much I can add or say
KYHSFBFan Wrote:And none of these opinions are bias either. It's easy to say this player or that player is the best when you're that teams fan and see a particular player play every Friday night. And if that is the case, then it's also apparrent you haven't been watching any of the other players mentioned or, at best, very little, to give a fair opinion.

I can guarantee you two things:

1.) I know a lot more about all the kids mentioned outside the CAL kid.

2.) none of them are as good of a football player as Reese Smith.

By the looks of your poll, it's obvious you aren't the "go to" for KY HS FB.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Not much I can add or say

I’m just ruffling them Cardinal feathers
FootballFan1999 Wrote:I’m just ruffling them Cardinal feathers

I know but after looking it up I was just sure you had lost your mind and I was right, right, right. Then I see I was wrong and honestly it stunk
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I know but after looking it up I was just sure you had lost your mind and I was right, right, right. Then I see I was wrong and honestly it stunk
To play Devil's Advocate you said "Knoxville Central" in your post. If you were pulling Central's info you may have been speaking accurately just about the incorrect team.

As for this matchup:

Knoxville Catholic is absolutely loaded with elite talent. They have like 4 or 5 major D-1 recruits returning including two or three 4* guys.

Highlands has seen similar talented teams over the years, but Catholic will be a bit unique in the sense they are not only talented, but generally pretty well coached.

Highlands beat a Trotwood Madison team a few years ago that was loaded with D-1 players, but Trotwood was far from a very well coached team from what I observed, lots of individuals little team. That Highlands team was also a god bit better than this Bluebird team.

I do anticipate Highlands to continue their bounce back to form, I also think they will be able to compete, but from a shear athleticism and size standpoint it will be difficult not to make Catholic a favorite.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:To play Devil's Advocate you said "Knoxville Central" in your post. If you were pulling Central's info you may have been speaking accurately just about the incorrect team.

As for this matchup:

Knoxville Catholic is absolutely loaded with elite talent. They have like 4 or 5 major D-1 recruits returning including two or three 4* guys.

Highlands has seen similar talented teams over the years, but Catholic will be a bit unique in the sense they are not only talented, but generally pretty well coached.

Highlands beat a Trotwood Madison team a few years ago that was loaded with D-1 players, but Trotwood was far from a very well coached team from what I observed, lots of individuals little team. That Highlands team was also a god bit better than this Bluebird team.

I do anticipate Highlands to continue their bounce back to form, I also think they will be able to compete, but from a shear athleticism and size standpoint it will be difficult not to make Catholic a favorite.

Maybe that is where I went wrong, just not sure
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:This should be a pretty evenly matched game, some are claiming Knoxville Cath to be a super power but they are not. They are a decent team that's about it.

I agree. They are good,but some pump them up too much.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I was a little harsh, for that I apologize but we are going to disagree on this thread. I stand by my opinion that Highlands can and likely will play with them. I also stated but want to do it again, I am going off last years ratings but they have not been any sort of super power house recently. Out of curiosity I looked their past seasons up and they have one title in the schools history in 2008 and been a good but not great program pretty much their entire life. Again I apologize for being to strong worded with you and to Jack who I really should not have brought into this. I am still grieving over that Mayfield finals loss. Maybe we can right the ship this season, if not the Cards will try it again the next
You think you are grieving. walk in my shoes for a while. lol